PDA

View Full Version : Have you seen a UFO?

tlr online
07-05-06, 23:20
A confidential Ministry of Defence report about the mystery of Unidentified Flying Objects has concluded that there is no proof of alien life forms visiting Earth. The four-year study concludes that most sightings could be explained by a little-known atmospheric phenomenon which involves glowing “plasmas” of gas charged with electricity. (www.bbc.co.uk)

Begs the question. Have any of you fine folk seen a UFO?

RoseTyler
07-05-06, 23:23
All I can say to that is ....What do they know! They're so full of it.

Osojojo
07-05-06, 23:23
no, and I don't believe in them.

....guess I'll be the first one to be exterminated when aliens do come to earth :ton:

xMiSsCrOfTx
07-05-06, 23:24
I haven't, I thought I did, because on the 4th of July once, my sister and I were looking out the window, and we saw a spinning disk-like structure. It had lights all around it. I don't know what it was, but it was weird.

My grandpa swears he saw one, but I don't know if he really did.

tlr online
07-05-06, 23:24

So in an infinite universe, you think Earth is the only planet with intelligent life?

LegenDarY
07-05-06, 23:25
i've seen lots of wierd things in the sky, glowing things, black things.. but always vague, so who knows what you're looking at.. most of the times it's just things we can't explain because who don't know anything of it..

so i don't think i've ever seen a UFO, i do believe in aliens though.. i can't imagine we are the only living organisms in the entire galaxy.. nice thread, i like mysterious things :p

RoseTyler
07-05-06, 23:26
I've seen all kindsa things... Daleks...the Gelth .....Sliveeeeeen... :eek:

Seriously though, there's definately other life out there. No denyin' it.

PirateRose
07-05-06, 23:31
I've never seen one, even with what happened in Arizona at the time I lived there. (for those of you who don't know, there were these weird lights in the sky over the capitol of Phoenix that flew all the way up north then disapeared)

I wouldn't doubt they didn't exist, we can't say until we all physically see them and the see us and its not before waking up in the morning, but in brode day light on the with video cameras sending live footage on the news.

Genocide
07-05-06, 23:36
ive seen one, me and my brother were messing around on TRIII and decided to go into the garden for a bit, it was dark outside and we saw two red lights move left and right continueously for about five minutes-feeling extremely freaked out by it, we went inside-we looked out a few minutes later and it was gone, it couldnt have been a plane because they dont do this, and their was no noise so it couldnt have a helicopter either

MiCkiZ88
07-05-06, 23:40
once.. I woke up in the midle of the night at our old house.. I saw this bright light spinnig around right behind my window for a minute.. then it flew away.. that was scary :yik:

UNDERTAKER
07-05-06, 23:42
I believe in extra-terrestrial life. The universe is too big for us to be considered the only ones. When you think about it, the ingredients for life are very simple - water, carbon compounds and other bits and bobs (and God if that is what you believe). Of course, many people make the mistake with alien life thinking that everything is intelligent green men with space ships and advanced technology. Alien life may also include microbes on distant planets!

However, if there are intelligent life out there our planet may just seem so insignificant to them that they won't waste the time in contacting us.

JasonDavies15
07-05-06, 23:44
I haven't seen a UFO BUT I KNOW there is intelligent life out there, in this somewhat infinite universe which is constantly expanding, we cannot be classed as the 'Only Ones' surely. We are a tiny element to the universe, how can we be the only ones. I bet you there are more advanced alien life forms out there than us, believe me or not!

Lord Icon
07-05-06, 23:48
So in an infinite universe, you think Earth is the only planet with intelligent life?

Intelligent life on Earth??? Where???

tlr online
07-05-06, 23:50
:vlol:

UNDERTAKER
07-05-06, 23:53
Intelligent life on Earth??? Where???

Try the White House... ;)

deepbluesea
07-05-06, 23:54
Try the White House... ;)

you have got to be joking
:vlol:

Osojojo
08-05-06, 00:02

I said I didn't believe in UFOs.
I am convinced there is life aside from earth. There could be life on one of JUpiter's moons, but whether that life is intelligent is another matter....

LegenDarY
08-05-06, 00:02
how bout you tlr? have you ever seen a UFO? or do you believe in extraterrestrial life?

ELEN
08-05-06, 00:11
No, I haven't seen one. But I like reading or watching on TV stories about it. They show pics, analyze things etc... Something tells me that there is life aside earth, but I cannot be convinced until this little white thing comes and tells me "Yo" :D

xMiSsCrOfTx
08-05-06, 00:16
but I cannot be convinced until this little white thing comes and tells me "Yo" :D

Lol! :D Who said they're going to be white? :pi:

tlr online
08-05-06, 00:16
I definately believe in E.T. for sure.

Apologies Osojojo, mis-read your post. :wve:

deepbluesea
08-05-06, 00:30
I agree that with an infinte universe there must be a planet with the same sorts of conditions as ours so life of some sort out there but as to what sort I have no idea so I'm putting my hands up and saying i don't know about UFOs

Forwen
08-05-06, 00:32
My teacher, while in Norway, saw those lights in the sky one night and even phoned the police or something. The night passed and it turned out these were stroboscopes from a party... Should have foreseen it, silly - after all, UFO only bothers to crash in countries with names like USA.

Osojojo
08-05-06, 01:31
I definately believe in E.T. for sure.

Apologies Osojojo, mis-read your post. :wve:

No problemo tlr :cool: :D

And :vlol: to the "intelligent life on earth!...Where?" comment.
REminds me of that quote--"God must love stupid people. He made so many of them."

wonderboy
08-05-06, 01:32
Yeah I saw one once, turned out it was a really big pelican.

mau3genius
08-05-06, 01:44

Yes.
Of course, Earth is the only planet with life...
Intelligent?
I don't think so :D

Melonie Tomb Raider
08-05-06, 02:14

Same. I don't believe in aliens. I think UFOs could be anything, it doesn't mean it has anything to do with an alien. There's a lot of gouvernmental aircrafts that no one knows about. People saw the Nighthawk before it was publically shown and claimed to have seen an alien ship. There's a perfectly reasonable explanation.

Lost_Raider
08-05-06, 02:24
Let's say the odd of other sentential alien life in the unvierse is 1/100,000,000...But there are like almost infinite numbers of planets in the universe...so I would say there's gonna be an alien civilization somewhere in the universe...

But it is another story about the possilbity of them visiting us or we discover them...following the above case, alien/human will have to probe at around 100,000,000 planet to discover another lifeform...the odds a just so low and the expenditure are just so great that I don't think it is even worth considering unless I have solid proofs in front of me...

BoyTRaider
08-05-06, 02:32
I've never seen anything of the sort, but I definitely believe there is life beyond the human force.

Who knows... there could even possibly be extraterrestrial forms amongst humans - camoflauged in human form.

:wve:

SMSL
08-05-06, 03:39
Well, a UFO is an Unidentified Flying Object, right? I've seen one, when I was a kid. This really nasty kid back in primary school once threw me a stone. Fortunatelly, his aim was as great as his kindness, so the stone flew by 4 feet away from me. Anyways, while it was flying, I shouted "Identify yourself." and it didn't, so... there you go, an UFO.

Janny
08-05-06, 05:25
I was small and I thought I saw a falling star, but I was certain it was a UFO, I don't know what to think anymore :pi:

Maureen Errant
08-05-06, 05:36
I've seen lots of things in the night sky..............and most of them are stars.....................:jmp:
but seriously..........I have seen things that I can't explain.........doesn't mean it E.T. though.:cln:

Jin Uzuki
08-05-06, 05:50
Undeniably, we are only among the countless living things in the universe. The radius of the Earth's scope of the universe is, without a doubt, utterly minute in ratio with the entirety of outer-space. :wve:

Jacob x5
08-05-06, 06:17
Never seen one myself. A lot of people see something in the sky and that's all the convincing they need. A white dot! The end is near. :rolleyes:

When you think about it, the ingredients for life are very simple - water, carbon compounds and other bits and bobs...

Yes, but on other planets and in other galaxies, the ingredients for life may be different. ;) Different planets may have different elements etc.

Well, a UFO is an Unidentified Flying Object, right? I've seen one, when I was a kid. This really nasty kid back in primary school once threw me a stone. Fortunatelly, his aim was as great as his kindness, so the stone flew by 4 feet away from me. Anyways, while it was flying, I shouted "Identify yourself." and it didn't, so... there you go, an UFO.

:vlol: :tmb:

Maureen Errant
08-05-06, 06:18
Exactly Jin...............just because somethings is alive on another planet doesn't mean that it has to be anything like us.....or even like anything on our planet.
Their life could be dependant on ammonia or something else that is toxic to us or any other earth life.

Rivendell
08-05-06, 06:46
Not seen one. Course I believe though - to some degree I'd find it ignorant Not to believe - the universe is that big, how can there not be anything else?

Geck-o-Lizard
08-05-06, 07:05
I don't believe there's life somewhere out there. I know we're not alone in the universe. It's bigheaded of us to think we're the only planet with life. It's whether we'll actually recognise life when we see it that's the problem, because we're comparing it only with what we know already.

As for UFO's, I've seen plenty, and only one could have come from space. :p Think it was a clump of spaceship or satellite debris falling to earth; bit large for a comet or asteroid with no impact reported - brilliant white with a vapour trail. Couldn't take a photo of it because my dad gracefully dropped and broke the camera on the doorstep while fumbling to get it out its case. :rolleyes:

Zip
08-05-06, 07:11
When i was little it was xmas eve and i thought i saw santa (still laugh now) and then i realised it couldn't have been so could it have been a UFO ?????

Ohhh wait i just saw it again ohhh wait thats the fire alarm blinking ohhh well

And yes i do believe in them or at least theres somat going off up there theres to much covering up of stuff

scoopy_loopy
08-05-06, 07:20

:vlol: !! :vlol: classic...

No i havent seen one. But I definently believe in E.T I hope they are friendly and help us build our earth way better and healthier, cause if they have the technology to avoid detection, actually get to us, they are sure as hell going to be able to blow us to smitherines.

Tomb of Legends
08-05-06, 07:35
I think its crap. There all natural Phenomenons.

scoopy_loopy
08-05-06, 08:16
wow! Your so cranky today Tomb of Legends!!

considering your other posts aswell...

Thorir
08-05-06, 09:09
Yeah, I've seen one!
It was last summer. I was out walking... It was about 2 AM. I saw this strange light moving around, occationaly standing still. It didn't seem that far away either, just a few kilometres! It made no sound, so it couldn't have been a helicopter. And an aeroplane doesn't stand still. Then it dissapeared behind a cloud for a few minutes, then it popped back out again for a few... Then it was gone.

VERY strange experience! I didn't have a camera, obviously. :(

Thorir
08-05-06, 09:23
I found a pic from a well known UFO spot in Norway. The thing I saw looked quite like this.

Edit: Ah, sorry. Pic way to huge...
Here's a link instead.

http://www.hessdalen.org/pict/H-a2-middle.jpg

Ampersand
08-05-06, 09:38
No, I haven't seen a UFO. :D

I've seen some people who look a lot like aliens, but I don't think they count. :p

YvesSL
08-05-06, 09:48
Eh... not really.

What is Area51? Is it something about people having boring lives?

YvesSL
08-05-06, 09:57
wow! Your so cranky today Tomb of Legends!!

considering your other posts aswell... Um... everyone can't have Marry Poppings days everyday.

Tomb Raider Master
08-05-06, 13:53
I do believe in UFOs, but I've never seen any of them. :)

Model Citizen
08-05-06, 15:17
Yes. I have seen one.
It was about 2 years ago on my anniversary. After dinner at a restaurant in South Wales we drove out into the countryside at night towards Brecon. There was no lights and very, very dark We were walking off dinner when we both saw a bright light shoot horizontally straight across the sky at what must have been hundreds of miles an hour. My wife said "look, there's a falling star" but I said they dont go horizontally. It was way too fast for a plane, and silent too.
It's difficult to explain, but being out there all alone in the pitch black suddenly felt very scary, so we got in the car and drove home.

What was stranger, my Dad rang about a year later to say he'd seen the same thing in daylight in another part of Wales. I had'nt told him about my sighting as it all seemed a bit silly in the morning. I still did'nt tell him after.
UFO, well I could'nt indentify it, so I guess it counts.

Greenkey2
08-05-06, 15:39
I've seen odd things once or twice that I couldn't explain - they couldn't have been planes, helicoptors etc because of the way they moved.

However, I did see something in 2001 that turned out to be nearly as good. One night I thought one of the stars in the south sky was exploding - it glowed brighter and brighter silently and then winked out. It turned out that I had seen a satellite (maybe even the ISS) catching and reflecting the sunlight as it changed orientation :eek: Slightly spooky, very beautiful and brief, but not (this time) a UFO :)

BlackGrey
08-05-06, 15:49

Bu ha ha ha :vlol:

Greenkey2
08-05-06, 16:00

A bit like one that I saw and got really excited about....until I cleaned my glasses :pi:

Rivendell
08-05-06, 16:02
Plus, sorry, but Who is going to believe the government about UFO's? Of course they wouldn't want us to know, they keep most things from us, so why would they tell us about extra terrestrail life and technology?

Geck-o-Lizard
08-05-06, 16:12
Model Citizen: sounds to me like you saw a satellite. They're more noticeable at night-time when the sky around is dark.

Thorir: sounds like ball lightning - http://www.amasci.com/tesla/ballgtn.html - but very wierd phenomenon nonetheless. Would love to have seen it, whatever it was. :)

Lew
08-05-06, 16:16
No, I haven't seen a UFO. :D

I've seen some people who look a lot like aliens, but I don't think they count. :p

ROFL!

Pipolinne
08-05-06, 17:10
Quite sincerly,I very much prefer believing in elven,faeries and wizards than in those boring UFOs.

And I strongly support the creation of an European Agency specialized in the study of those creatures :D! First step would be studing Tolkien's books in ordwr to be sure they were actually written by him and not by a Legola's descendent!:D

Anubis_AF
08-05-06, 17:36
Seen one? NO, not yet. But I do believe in them. To me, it makes no sense we're the only beings in this infinite Universe.

badboy70
08-05-06, 17:59
i haven't seen one, but i do believe in it.

i always wonder why they think in the movies that they are so clever and stuff. we could be the clever ones and the aliens might not be.

jun89
08-05-06, 19:18
Haven't seen any UFOs, but I think there has to be life somewhere out there. How could we humans be the only ones in this gigantic universum? :D

thompa89
08-05-06, 20:36
dont know, but one day when i was walking to school i saw a green light, it looked like an starfall but still not :?

TKone
08-05-06, 22:06
I saw some things that I can´t explain but most of them just were satellites.
But I believe in (intelligent) life out there. Even in our sun system could be other life. The NASA and ESA scientists believe in life on the Jupiter moon "Europe". It´s full of Ice and because of volcanic activities there could be a huge ocean under the ice including life. Maybe they´re going to send a satellite with a landing drone to "Europe" to check this, soon.

I definitely believe in this (even in UFO´s because it´s just an unidentified flight object, so it can be everything).

conorcroft2001
08-05-06, 23:07
*Hears The X-Files music*

God I love that show!

Conor

Thorir
08-05-06, 23:51
Thorir: sounds like ball lightning - http://www.amasci.com/tesla/ballgtn.html - but very wierd phenomenon nonetheless. Would love to have seen it, whatever it was. :)

...Blah, blah, blah. :p
It was a UFO, I tell you!!!! :D

SpongeBob Lover
09-05-06, 01:11
well i cant say it was but i believe that we are not alone
cause in mexico me and my mom were out at night to go use the restroom (whats wierd is that my gramas restroom is a room outside the main house) then we say a red light zig-zag and hover for a couple of seconds, then it dirapeared. tsh talk about creepy!

JamesFKirk
09-05-06, 12:31
Well... I've seen many UFOs, but always they've proven to be just a sensorary echo.;):D

Legend of Lara
09-05-06, 14:37
I didn't see the UFO but I saw the alien... it's my 5-year-old kid brother. *dun Dun DUUUUUN*

scoopy_loopy
04-07-06, 03:18
Katmandoo gave me a link to this program the other day that show you where everything is in our solar system in real time, and quite frankly, IT FREAKED ME OUT!!!! The vastness of it all, and just.. omg, it was overwhelming!

If aliens ever do come to earth I hope we are friends, that would be so cool. But no doubt America will attack first ask questions later, as always. So Hopefully they land in Asia, Europe, Australia. Where at least negotiations will be started :D

StarCroft:AOD
04-07-06, 03:22

ditto!

tombfan91
04-07-06, 06:42
well i haven't seen any ufo'sbut their could be after watching so weird i would believe anything

scoopy_loopy
04-07-06, 07:10
Ive seen, well i think it was an asteriod, shoot across the sky once at my friends house once, it was amazing, it was massive and flew horizontally across the sky it was really cool!

Lost_Raider
04-07-06, 07:20
...I remember the asteriod landed on a tropical island, freezes the island into a ice wasteland and reveals an alien ship inside...

Oh, wait, that was from the Crysis preview...ignore it...

badboy70
04-07-06, 08:45
we always think those "aliens" are so much smarter than us, it could be that they aren't as smart as us and we will go in their atmosphere instead they in ours. and we always think they'll look so weird and stuff, actually they can look alot like us, but it probaly ain't.
i do believe they exist:)

Andromeda66
04-07-06, 08:49
I dont know enough so I wont say much. But I what I will say is that my heart tells me that, in a universe 15 billion light years wide, there's got to be other life-forms. They may not be even REMOTELY human, not having reached this level of evolution. But I do believe that we are not alone.

Betal
04-07-06, 09:19
I don't think the gonna visit the earth of all other planets. But we can't be the only life in the whole universum. And I don't think aliens are smart like us. It tooks million year to human to become smart like today. So.....

da tomb raider!
04-07-06, 13:25
I don't think the gonna visit the earth of all other planets. But we can't be the only life in the whole universum. And I don't think aliens are smart like us. It tooks million year to human to become smart like today. So.....
Ah, yes, but how do you know, my friend? I for one can't say that we are alone or we arn''t alone. Nobody knows if aliens really are real, how smart they are, what the look like, etc. Nobody should base their opinions on facts, when they don't really know if it's true or not.

illuminati30
04-07-06, 13:37
I swear they're out there,
I swear, I swear they're out there,
I swear, I swear they're out there,
I swear, maybe angels, maybe angels

Down here I feel like a citizen of nowhere
My bag's all packed in case they ever come for me
Got a hundred stories and tabloid lies
Got witnesses to what the goverment denies
So I'm headed down to Roswell to wait and see

My sister, she says she knows Elvis
She knows Jesus, John Lennon, and Cobain personally
Well, but I'm too wise to believe my eyes
Cause all I've seen just terrifies me
But I believe they're coming back for me

Sheryl Crow - Maybe Angels

Maybe they are!

Rivendell
04-07-06, 13:46
And I don't think aliens are smart like us. It tooks million year to human to become smart like today. So.....

You've not heard of Atlantis, have you . ;)

sweetPoison
04-07-06, 13:50
I've seen all kindsa things... Daleks...the Gelth .....Sliveeeeeen... :eek:

Seriously though, there's definately other life out there. No denyin' it.

This is coming from a 'Dr. who' fan...:p

Kidding!!

Let me see, I have seen aliens...everytime I look in the mirror after taking a shower! :D

Genocide
04-07-06, 14:03
we always think those "aliens" are so much smarter than us
We only think they are smarter, so we can make movie's about them blowing the crap out of us (no anal probe jokes...please)

sweetPoison
04-07-06, 14:06
(no anal probe jokes...please)

I don't even know what 'ANAL PROBE JOKES' are.

What does it mean...?

Apofiss
04-07-06, 14:14
*paraphrasing question* Do I believe in UFOs/int.lf? In theory yes, practically nope (as from experiance).

StarCroft:AOD
04-07-06, 14:28
Thread topic: Yes, and lara too!:ton:

http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/4547/alienroom5ua.jpg

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/2079/alienship31no.jpg

Lara Croft!
04-07-06, 15:02
If by UFO u mean United Fries Organization,I'm a proud member!

tr_mitch
04-07-06, 15:15
If by UFO u mean United Fries Organization,I'm a proud member!
That Makes two of us :vlol: