Jake Croft
08-05-06, 14:43
they say dont do it undprotected
Yet tomorrow theyre getting nurses in to teach us how to put condoms on
So basically theyre saying do it but protected
Yet they say DONT
Rofl...
>.>
I dont wanna do the lesson where we put one on a model its not exactly right imo

tha_mattster
08-05-06, 14:45
Yet they say DONT
Rofl...
>.>
I dont wanna do the lesson where we put one on a model its not exactly right imo

What they say makes perfect sense lol. They are not saying DONT have sex, they say have protected sex.

scoopy_loopy
08-05-06, 14:45
hahahaha! Well I suppose it beats being the model getting it put on! eh Jake? :vlol:

Jake Croft
08-05-06, 14:47
Uh rofl
We have to put it onto a mould of a...
Rofl and the girls have to suck bananas
Ah well the girls have it alot worse :)

Real Life Lara
08-05-06, 14:49
Uh rofl
We have to put it onto a mould of a...
Rofl and the girls have to suck bananas
Ah well the girls have it alot worse :)

Something tells me you dont quite grasp the idea of sex education o_O Im pretty sure sucking bananas in NO way comes into the curriculum. :rolleyes:

Kamrusepas
08-05-06, 14:49
What they say makes perfect sense lol. They are not saying DONT have sex, they say have protected sex.

Exactly.

Jake Croft
08-05-06, 14:50
Its what weve been told in our assembly
>.>
And probably lies like our school told us we were going to have to
Act out a pregnency which we didnt so im glad so hopefully theyre lying about this

Paperdoll
08-05-06, 14:51
Wtf? Suck on bananas? Are you sure it's not a rumour? I had a similar thing in my school... and one girl had to put a condom on a model, but teaching girls that? They're supposed to teach you how to prevent unwanted preagnancies and STD's, not the whole freaking Kama Sutra.

Jake Croft
08-05-06, 14:52
Probably my school teachers lying
They do like winding pupils up
Theyre all abit...
Twisted

haagen-dazs
08-05-06, 14:53
Something tells me you dont quite grasp the idea of sex education o_O Im pretty sure sucking bananas in NO way comes into the curriculum. :rolleyes:

I was thinking the same thing actually...

Real Life Lara
08-05-06, 14:53
...there are no words.... o_O

Paperdoll
08-05-06, 14:55
Teachers saying that? I'm starting to think that I was very secluded all these years X_X

Jake Croft
08-05-06, 14:55
I have very young stupid teachers
Who act like kids

haagen-dazs
08-05-06, 14:56
Teachers saying that? I'm starting to think that I was very secluded all these years X_X

Either that or the education system has finally lost it.

Real Life Lara
08-05-06, 14:56

Amen *blinks*

interstellardave
08-05-06, 14:58
This makes when I went to school (70's and early 80's) look like Victorian-era schools!

Jake Croft
08-05-06, 15:01
Pssh what kind of teachers give the children a servery asking
Is this school nice?
Are the teachers nice?
Do they have drugs in this school? Etc
To send to the school education thing
And they think its funny if we tick no for if its a good place

Ampersand
Yet they say DONT
Rofl...
>.>

Am I the only person who failed to comprehend a word of that after four or five reads? http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c261/AmpersandTR/daEmotes/confuse.gif :D

haagen-dazs
I have very young stupid teachers
Who act like kids

Nothing like knowing you're in good hands eh? I had a few teachers like that, still do actually.

Paperdoll
08-05-06, 15:02

Double Amen.

I've had a few young teachers... but they were more serious than some of the older ones... *sigh* anyway

meansizzler
08-05-06, 15:08
-Don't have Sex, If you going to do it, then wear a condom-

tombraider123
08-05-06, 15:08
Yet they say DONT
Rofl...
>.>

We did this in year 9 lol!

tha_mattster
08-05-06, 15:09
Am I the only person who failed to comprehend a word of that after four or five reads? http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c261/AmpersandTR/daEmotes/confuse.gif :D

I think he is from singapore, so hes used to writing in mandarin I guess. The poetry style paragraphing doesnt help either lol.

Real Life Lara
08-05-06, 15:10
What's year 9 in Scottish terms? We operate in 'Primary insertnumberhere' ...I got mine in Primary 6 when I was... well it must have been about nine or ten years old... o_O Geez... 6 or 7 years ago... I feel old now... :p

Jake Croft
08-05-06, 15:10
Im from uk? :]

Real Life Lara
08-05-06, 15:13
Im from uk? :]

Are you? (sorry I just had to say that :p I just dont get why people put question marks at the end of statements :p) Oh well. It must have been a misunderstanding... I find it hard to believe that teachers could be that immature in the workplace, especially when teaching a subject as important as this o_O

Jake Croft
08-05-06, 15:18
Teachers think its funny to tell us we're doing a test
Get us halfway threw a test and then go
Oh sod that we'll watch a dvd o-0
Good for us kind of but we arent learning much :s

Real Life Lara
08-05-06, 15:22
...and are your parents/headteachers/council aware of this? o_O

Lew
08-05-06, 15:23
hmmm were doing that soon.... They'll be some idiots saying that they done it before bla bla bla but they put it on wrong ha! :whi:

Lew
08-05-06, 15:25
We watched a DVD and right at thing beginning theres this massive ******! it was well funny, we havnt done anything on it this year though.

tha_mattster
08-05-06, 15:33
What's year 9 in Scottish terms? We operate in 'Primary insertnumberhere' ...I got mine in Primary 6 when I was... well it must have been about nine or ten years old... o_O Geez... 6 or 7 years ago... I feel old now... :p

I think year 9 would be S1 or S2. The scottish way is so much clearer. None of this I'm in Year 813 junior high kindergarten pre school!

Greenkey2
08-05-06, 15:34
Nope http://www.websmileys.com/sm/crazy/1196.gif

I understand and am grateful that schools are at least trying to put across the right message, but *ahem* am I the only one who wants to know where the parents stand in bearing responsibility for teaching their kids these things? :rolleyes: It seems like schools are expected to teach EVERYTHING these days - there's a school setting up near where I live that aims to show kids how to do the ironing for crying out loud!.

School sex education should simply reinforce what the parents should be teaching, not the other way round IMO. Having said that, some parents could do with catch-up lessons :( :hea:

Elysia
08-05-06, 15:46
Nope http://www.websmileys.com/sm/crazy/1196.gif

I understand and am grateful that schools are at least trying to put across the right message, but *ahem* am I the only one who wants to know where the parents stand in bearing responsibility for teaching their kids these things? :rolleyes: It seems like schools are expected to teach EVERYTHING these days - there's a school setting up near where I live that aims to show kids how to do the ironing for crying out loud!.

School sex education should simply reinforce what the parents should be teaching, not the other way round IMO. Having said that, some parents could do with catch-up lessons :( :hea:
Ahhh.... the joy of being a babysitter rather than a teacher... I've lost count of the amount of times 've had parents in, complaining that their kids are being bullied, only to find out that the bullying is going on over MSN, when the child IS AT HOME! 'So, what are you going to do about it?!' demanded one father. Well... I'm not coming home with you to ensure your daughter is using the internet correctly, that's for sure! If they can't parent their kids on that level, there's no hope for them when it comes to the sex ed issue, I feel...

I've had to teach sex ed, and it's amusing. All these rumours that fly around - I'll tell you now that no one sucks bananas (there would be a public outcry if you did!) and that, in teaching you how to be safe, they're being responsible. I try to teach all my girls (I teach at a single sex school) that abstinence is actually the best way to prevent pregnancies etc, but I'm not stupid - I know what goes on. We do however show you a video of a real live birth. That's a lesson all in itself...

And I have to say I do find it ironic... talking to pupils in the classroom, you'd think that they'd *want* their teachers to 'be young' and 'act like kids' - so many teenage sulks and rants when you try to discipline them (normal, daily occurrence, that... 'Miss, lighten up!'...'Miss, stop nagging!' and my perennial favourite 'Miss, I'm talking to my friend! You're so rude...'. Yep, rude enough to give you detention for being a lippy little madam, actually!), but it does make me laugh when they then go off an complain that teachers are trying to 'be like them'! We can't win!

Greenkey2
08-05-06, 15:52
Both my parents are former teachers, so I have every sympathy with your predicament, Elysia :wve:

The live-birth video sounds like a good idea. Maybe there should be a sequel - How to look after a growing baby and child when you're also balancing a part-time job, college and seeing your friends going out and enjoying being young responsibly:pi:

Shark_Blade
08-05-06, 17:41
:eek:
I hope sex education doesn't go much further than this:yik: