PDA

View Full Version : (Suggestions) New Tomb Raider Engine by Wonderboy & Friends (Suggestions)

laras_2006
08-05-06, 16:21
If he doesn't take the suggestions then I hope that everone understands that this is his game/project we are talking about and that if he doesn't want to use any of the ideas that people have suggested then he doesn't have to. no one should expect that he will take their ideas just becase its a suggestion. Suggestion means what it says, you give your thoughts and then have to deal with the answer being the one that you didn't want. Its rough but I don't think it will put of people of his final product, and just deal with what they see and play.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now. Before you say anythink about this being a repeat thread this is not. This is so that people can give there ideas for Wonderboy and Friends game without making "New Tomb Raider Engine by Wonderboy and Friends" thread over run by idea posting. this will also be a great deal of help to Wonderboy as it will help him to find ideas straight away and faster than by checking out his thread. Below you can see an example of what would be a great idea posting.

Example:
Here is an example picture that you have done Wonderboy.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/resievi/screen.jpg

This is great but try and make outfits that fans haven't seen her in like the following.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/resievi/L94.jpg
--------------
Good Luck with your work.

This is not the greatest example but it is ideal for idea posting.

laras
08-05-06, 16:23
I have one suggestion: could you please make Egypt as location ? Thanks :jmp:

Ampersand
08-05-06, 16:24
Though the outfits have to fit in with the environment - a semi-medieval tunic is all very nice, but in the middle of a jungle? :cln:

I don't mind if the game is played with one outfit only. Just make the gameplay good and like TR. :) A rocket launcher is always a welcome addition, though. :D

LegenDarY
08-05-06, 16:25
why would you wanna do this? first of all you haven't even read the whole thread.. that's clear, cause you asked questions he answered already..

and second of all, he asked us to think of some relics he could use.. not give him advice..

and third: i think this is a little bit insulting.. cause he is not Eidos or CD, he is just a fan with some friends making a game.. who are we to tell what he should or should not do.. he is one of us, he knows what he is doing..

let him make his version.. and not the version WE want.. i'd like to see where he is taking it.. this is not OUR game.. it's HIS game..

i hope David likes this idea.. but i'm sure he has great idea's of his own :)

EDIT: i think you should at least have asked David what he would think of this.. don't you think? ???

Lew
08-05-06, 16:27
why would you wanna do this? first of all you haven't even read the whole thread.. that's clear, cause you asked questions he answered already..

and second of all, he asked us to think of some relics he could use.. not give him advice..

and third: i think this is a little bit insulting.. cause he is not Eidos or CD, he is just a fan with some friends making a game.. who are we to tell what he should or should not do.. he is one of us, he knows what he is doing..

let him make his version.. and not the version WE want.. i'd like to see where he is taking it.. this is not OUR game.. it's HIS game..

i hope David likes this idea.. but i'm sure he has great idea's of his own :)

EDIT: i think you should at least have asked David what he would think of this.. don't you think? ???

Okay chill! You dont run everyone's life or something.

laras_2006
08-05-06, 16:31
Your're sounding a bit on the modey side. What is your problem. This is just an Suggestions. He doesn't have to take theses ideas and make them, or does he have to even set foot in this thread. This thread is just here for him to view just in case he would like to view the thread and get some ideas.

Oh, if you have read the thread you would know that he want this game to feel like its made by the fans and that you have had a say in it.

Yes but I thought that it would save him time if I started the thread without asking so that he can sort out bugs or problems, or maybe have some fun other than having to answer a mail about someone that is asking about his project. I have sent him an mail asking could he mail his trailer into wav format so that I can view them because I can't view them on the computer that I am on and that is the only mail that I am sending him.

LegenDarY
08-05-06, 16:33
this has nothing to do with running anyone's life.. it just would have been wise to ask David about this first..

are we forgetting he is a person? who is going to release a game for free? not a game company who is making money of it..

if we had to pay, than we have a right to suggest he changes/add/leave out things... give the man a break..

I have one suggestion: could you please make Egypt as location ? Thanks :jmp:
Egypte will be in there.. you have to get Lara out of the tomb she's stuck in at the end of TLR :D.. how cool is that?

Oh, if you have read the thread you would know that he want this game to feel like its made by the fans and that you have had a say in it.
I know.. and you're also right he doesn't have to listen to us.. but put yourself in his shoes.. you just know he's going to go here.. and look what everyone wants.. and that will make the presure even higher.. cause he can't put everything in it that everyone wants..

i like the idea of this thread.. i just think you should have asked what David thinks of it.. that's all..

laras
08-05-06, 16:34
Okay chill! You dont run everyone's life or something.

I agree. It was just a suggestion, this IS suggestion thread isn't it!? :o :tea:

Lew
08-05-06, 16:35
Yeah, you cant talk your giving him "suggestions" and it seems like hes sucking up to him.

I would love it if we had loads of acrobatics that form into each other eg. dive of a building, swing on a pole, jump of the pole, backflip on to a wall of a building, jump kick off the wall onto a pole below and swing and kick someone then jump of them and land ready for a fist fight :)

LegenDarY
08-05-06, 16:38
Yeah, you cant talk your giving him "suggestions" and it seems like hes sucking up to him.
i'm not sucking up to anyone.. i don't care what people think.. i really like his idea.. and have a lot of respect for someone who's doing this..

and besides.. this thread will be the same like the suggestion thread for CD..

laras_2006
08-05-06, 16:51
and besides.. this thread will be the same like the suggestion thread for CD.

Your kind of right about that. and this:

but put yourself in his shoes.. you just know he's going to go here.. and look what everyone wants.. and that will make the presure even higher.. cause he can't put everything in it that everyone wants.

If he doesn't take the suggestions then I hope that everone understands that this is his game/project we are talking about and that if he doesn't want to use any of the ideas that people have suggested then he doesn't have to. no one should expect that he will take their ideas just becase its a suggestion. Suggestion means what it says, you give your thoughts and then have to deal with the answer being the one that you didn't want. Its rough but I don't think it will put of people of his final product, and just deal with what they see and play.

No one on this forum would want to take other peoples idea unless they really help there projects and if people do give there ideas into them and they got rejected then they would probaly still play/view there project because they would want to see what it looks and plays like.

Unless you get one of your odd balls that when they get rejected they we make it there life plan to bring you down then you have everythink to worry about.

LegenDarY
08-05-06, 17:07

you should have made an intro or something like this.. you don't have to explain the meaning of suggestion, cause i know what it means..

it's just the fact that 100 people (i'm just saying a number) will be like: you should do this?, you should do that?, could you do this?, could you do that?what would you think of this, if you were just making your own TR version, so you're trying to make the game the way YOU want it and the way YOU like.. so it's perfect for YOU..?

but ok, enough with this.. like i said: it would have been wise if you had asked him first.. and i hope he won't mind it and won't take this thread to seriously by putting pressure on people's suggestions.. i'm also sure he won't mind this thread.. just would have been better to ask first

hope everyone will have reasonable suggestions.. i don't really have any suggestions atm, so far it sounds great what he's planning, it sound more complicated, bigger, longer, less linear and with more TR elements in it than Legend and i hope it will be (just like we would want TR8 to be)

laras_2006
08-05-06, 17:29
what I have read about a few message way near the front of his thread, it almost sounds like they have it finished but they are fixing stuff in it before they make it public.

wonderboy
08-05-06, 17:59
Hey guys, it's all good :-P Let's keep things positive i don't want this to to turn into a mess. So let's drop it thanks lew, but we might as well keep this and i'll talk what I want and leave some suggestions out. :-P