PDA

View Full Version : most frustrating TR moments!

CerebralAssassin
08-05-06, 17:55
which TR puzzles have given you the most trouble?Mine was the ghost puzzle in the Hall of seasons the only time I ever used a walkthrough :hea:

Nephili
08-05-06, 17:58
The Hall Of Seasons was really annoying for me, and all the little side rooms aswell like Neptunes hall, The Breath of Hades etc.

There was quite a few in The Last Revelation, that one where you play the game against that face on the wall? My memory is bad.

rachkitten
08-05-06, 18:03
ermm...probably the one on TRLR where you have to stand on the different squares on the 3rd level.

Lara Lover
08-05-06, 18:04
The Hall of Seasons was just. Grrrrrrr!

:wve:

only Croft
08-05-06, 18:27
It was the first time I was playng Legend,, I forgot to change the controls so the ALT diden't made her jump, I satyd for 20 minutes and she whodent jump the Leg lol

Punaxe
08-05-06, 18:28
Hmm can't remember any but the final boss in Legend. I had only one health pack left and apparently that wasn't enough. I actually broke something because of the frustration >_<

Replayed the level and saved more health at the beginning later on - easy as cake then :tmb:

egyptiangal
08-05-06, 18:35
Hmm can't remember any but the final boss in Legend. I had only one health pack left and apparently that wasn't enough. I actually broke something because of the frustration >_<

Replayed the level and saved more health at the beginning later on - easy as cake then :tmb:

yeah ive had that happen to me before!! When i was in England trying to defeat the snake, i only had 1 healthpack... and i couldnt do it so i had to replay the level!! ARGH!:hea:

Greenkey2
08-05-06, 19:46
Doing any kind of rop-to-rope jumping in TR 4 and 5 :hea: Sheer, unadulterated annoyance.

Lara Croft!
08-05-06, 20:18
almost all TR 4 and all the boses of all TR games......GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!I hate that part in every game...i'm too nervous!!!!

Elysia
08-05-06, 20:19
Doing any kind of rop-to-rope jumping in TR 4 and 5 :hea: Sheer, unadulterated annoyance.
I'm with you on this one. Especially that one in the Alexandria levels... you know, the one in TR4 when you're about 50 ft up a rope and have to jump from one rope to another one, but at a funny angle? I was there for frickin' *hours*, trying to get that jump right... :hea:

Gothlegend
08-05-06, 20:28
in TR2 i get frustrated about the maze because ill be out of the maze and the door is closing as soon as i am just about there.:hea:

Nephili
08-05-06, 20:29

Oh god yea, i forgot about that one. The worst was in The Catacombs, when you were on that high ledge, i fell down countless times.

Lucy_Croft
09-05-06, 08:41
TRLR was difficult, but I had the most trouble with TR3. I had to use some save crystals cheats so I could save whenever I wanted :/
Can't remember the really frustrating moments. Just some puzzles, and it always turned out to be the simplest solution :)

Kamrusepas
09-05-06, 08:43
The snake in King Arthur's Tomb :D

ben-raider
09-05-06, 09:13
The whole of ireland in chronicles, took me ages to do and those small gremlin type creatures annoyed me so much I wanted lara to get a gun and shoot them.

ChocChipCookie
09-05-06, 09:39

Agreed! Hated the rope-jumping with a passion :mad: Also had A LOT of trouble with the kayaking in TR3. The damn thing wouldn't go where I wanted it to. And if there was a trap somewhere in the water, you could guarantee I would end up just merrily floating slap-bang into the middle of it :hea: :hea:

Aloren
09-05-06, 10:26

hey, this is my 1st post, I had to register to answer here ! ;) I can't really remember exactly which puzzle annoyed me the most (afair, the hardests were in TLR tho) , but the final boss in Legend is really a pain : I had no health pack at all, and I didn't make any save at the beginning of the level, and with the checkpoint system, I kept restarted at the boss; in the end it took me like half an hour of intense frustration before i achieve to kill it !

Kamrusepas
09-05-06, 10:34

Agreed.

And welcome to the forums, Aloren :wve:

Eleana
09-05-06, 10:45
Originally Posted by Greenkey2

Doing any kind of rop-to-rope jumping in TR 4 and 5 Sheer, unadulterated annoyance.

In the Alexandria levels most definetly. I eventually convinced myself that this was the part were Lara was supposed to die in the game. :mad:

angelika
09-05-06, 12:22
I think Legend mostly gave me a hard time

1. Snake in England/Legend
2. Father Obscura /AOD
3. The head in the Colosseum / Chronicles
4. The bull in Semerket's tomb/L.R.

I can't remember anything else right now

trfan518
11-05-06, 03:15
definetly the hardest and most frustrating was the HALL OF SEASONS (entire level as a whole)...

also the entire AOD game cuz it ****ed me off...lara was unresponsive to me and kurtis even more than lara

SMSL
11-05-06, 05:59
Kazakhstan time trial and boss "fight", AOD's Hall of Seasons' 4 levels for the Chrystals, AOD's escape from Renne's, AOD's Matrix jumping routine to get pass the gate and getting the gold in Kazakhstan as well.

Melonie Tomb Raider
11-05-06, 06:07
I was most frustrated with TR4 because it had sooo many bugs and glitches! I recall being stuck in one level for ages/ I would spend hours and hours trying to figure out how to complete it, and finally I resorted to doing something I do not like to do, and that was look at a guide. Come to find out, there was a glitch that I caused somehow that made it literally impossible for me to complete the stage. I had to use level skip. That made me so mad, I never use cheats or walkthroughs!

CerebralAssassin
11-05-06, 18:28
definetly the hardest and most frustrating was the HALL OF SEASONS (entire level as a whole)...

also the entire AOD game cuz it ****ed me off...lara was unresponsive to me and kurtis even more than lara

yeah I know,hall of seasons was a *****, I got stuck everywhere on that level (Basement,side levels,trying to climb the ceiling,ghost,you name it :rolleyes: )

illuminati30
11-05-06, 18:40
The Halls of Hell! aka hall of seasons.

tombraiderluka
11-05-06, 18:51
Underneath the Sphynx first puzzle grrrrr.

DiffusedRain
11-05-06, 18:58
That ghost from AOD in Hall of Season's did my brain in >_<

CerebralAssassin
11-05-06, 19:01
The Halls of Hell! aka hall of seasons.

exactly :vlol:

Laras Backpack
11-05-06, 19:03
AOD- Hall of Seasons: Boring, monotonous 'puzzles'. That skeleton guard that moved at the speed of an asthmatic ant- what the hell was that? So not scarey. He might as well not been there at all.
AOD- Jumping in the cave before the area with the lava outside Eckhardt's lab: That stupid cut scene played everytime you opened the door so you lost time. I couldn't time the jumps right. I got so angry that (for the first and only time to date) I threw down my PS2 pad. It now has a piece of plastic dislodged inside that gets stuck under the R2 button at really inappropriate and inconvienient moments :(

ben-raider
11-05-06, 19:04
Much of tr6 as well

Tomb Raider Jay
11-05-06, 19:15
The most frustrating moment in a TR for me was in Tomb Raider when I thought the big Freak thing had turned round and headed back towards the door - I pulled Lara up and God the Freak was there clawing her off the edge to her doom :vlol:
I hated that thing it took me like a week to beat it - had the pistols left and one large Medi-pack not a pretty sight :( and the Freak creeped me out :eek:

Night Crawler
11-05-06, 19:45
That (lava-filled) room in AOD where you had to jump perfectly onto each (tiny!) platform to make it across. GRR!

I ended up saving after every successfull jump, just so I wouldn't have to do it again, and again...and again.

CerebralAssassin
11-05-06, 19:47
That (lava-filled) room in AOD where you had to jump perfectly onto each (tiny!) platform to make it across. GRR!

I ended up saving after every successfull jump, just so I wouldn't have to do it again, and again...and again.
same here..that level was in the "hall of hell" (hall of seasons) :vlol:

sweetPoison
11-05-06, 19:51
Mine has to be the assult course!!!:hea: That bloddy forsaken creation of core!!!!! I can never beat my time!!!! No matter what I do!!!!:hea: :hea: :hea: :hea:

ingistefans
11-05-06, 20:03
THE ENTIRE LAST REVELATION... I used a walkthrough almost through it all, It anoyed the hell out of me....