PDA

View Full Version : How to get rid of a REALLY bad caugh

tombraider123
08-05-06, 19:54
I have a really bad caugh, the worst i have ever head, i have tried caught medicine and nothing.

Also, i wanna get a good night's sleep, i have Exam's in the morning!

Any suggestions on how to ged rid of it, or make it less worse?:hug:

Thanks

BlackGrey
08-05-06, 19:56
This is completley rude but um... its spelt cough.. sorry to hear you have one straight before your exams, it is terribly annoying to have an itchy throat, try lemon and honey in your tea :hug:

TombRaiderLover
08-05-06, 19:56
I had the same problem. Cough sweets and medicines couldn't get rid of it.

I'm sorry, but you're going to have to wait. It took me two and a half weeks to get rid of mine.

RoseTyler
08-05-06, 20:06
Take some Covonia! :) Should help to ease it a bit.

deepbluesea
08-05-06, 20:25
I agree with black grey honey and lemon or a teaspoon of honey to go to bed with

jarhead
08-05-06, 20:28
drink lots of coke- but not before you go to bed. when i have itchy coughs i alwayts drink coke as the sugar soothes my throat

Elysia
08-05-06, 20:34
If the problem is with your throat - gargle sal****er. It tastes gross, but it is an antiseptic and whenever we got bad throats, my mother made us gargle sal****er - it is a cheap way to kill off all bugs (it even clears up tonsillitis!).

Another way to clear you tubes is to do a 'steam' - a few drops / 1/4 of a teaspoon of vicks in a bowl with hot water. Inhale that for a good 10 mins or so (yes, it isn't very comfortable, but the medicated vapours really help.

If you're over 18 - hot toddy. Whisky / brandy + hot honey and lemon. It's one your granny would swear by, and so do I - not very PC, but they do help!

If it's chesty - down to the quacks for you, old son! You need to get that checked out to see of you have an infection - chest infections can be a right bugger to clear up and you may need antibiotics.

Problem with a cough is that the more you cough, the more irritated your passages get, which makes you want to cough more... sometimes, it's worth trying to *resist* the urge to cough, to allow your tubes time to relax a bit.

xMiSsCrOfTx
08-05-06, 20:53
Whenever I have a bad cough, I just drink a lot of tea. Or coffee, whatever's available.

Thorn
08-05-06, 21:05
Swish 3% hydrogen peroxide in your mouth including your tongue for little over a minute. Make sure you don't swallow it! It'll turn into foam in your mouth because that means it's killing the bacteria and whatever else in there. Then spit it out and rinse your mouth with water to stop the foaming. This cures my sore throats.

tombraider123
08-05-06, 21:19
Thanks for all the help and i have found resisting my cough for about 10 mins minimizes the amound of coughing i do :D thanks for the help!

viper456
08-05-06, 21:25
I have a really bad caugh, the worst i have ever head, i have tried caught medicine and nothing.

Also, i wanna get a good night's sleep, i have Exam's in the morning!

Any suggestions on how to ged rid of it, or make it less worse?:hug:

Thanks

omg i feel your pain, im jsut the same. i have my graphics exam at college too and its 3 hour long sessions of silence and i feel my throat like closing up and all i want to do is cough and clear my throat but if i do i start spluttering and coughing loud lol! its awful :(