PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else found Lara 'cameos' in other games?

Elysia
08-05-06, 20:10
Playing Discworld Noir after a very long time today (last played in 1999!), I had forgotten about the Lara cameo...

'Laredo Cronk: Tomb Excavator'.

I wish I could find a way to extract the dialogue files... anyone with a passing interest in TR would find the references to being 'awfully posh' and 'breaking to ancient tombs protected by mamy fiendishly convoluted traps' amusing :)

I also remember there being a Lara cameo in one of the Spyro games (can't remember her name, though!). Does anyone else know of any other 'cameos' in games unrelated to TR?

BlackGrey
08-05-06, 20:13
Therere was a simpsons comic issue where it had lisa in the lara croft outfit and closet raider in the indiana jones font :D It was a good read to see them try and reproduce a tomb in a closet :p

Natla'd
08-05-06, 20:13
In one of the Duke Nukem PS games (Time To Kill, I think), when you use action on the phone, you can hear a woman moaning orgasmically down the line. Then Duke says something like "Laura? Is that you?" That's supposed to be a reference to Lara Croft.

Also, Duke Nukem looks a lot like Larson in one level.

Lost_Raider
08-05-06, 20:14
Therere was a simpsons comic issue where it had lisa in the lara croft outfit and closet raider in the indiana jones font :D It was a good read to see them try and reproduce a tomb in a closet :p

ohhh...which issue?

BlackGrey
08-05-06, 20:19
Cliche as it is, i can't for the life of me remember i was in WHSmiths and i just picked it up for a quick browse :D

average stalker
08-05-06, 20:31
on crash bandicoot 2 there is a level titled Tomb Wader.

Nephili
08-05-06, 20:32
I remember the cameo in Spyro 3 for PS1, i cant remember what her name was though.

*edit*

I did a little research and found out her name in Spryo was Tara Kroft, im still looking for a picture.

Camera Obscura
08-05-06, 22:20
I remember the cameo in Spyro 3 for PS1, i cant remember what her name was though.

*edit*

I did a little research and found out her name in Spryo was Tara Kroft, im still looking for a picture.

All I remember was that she was a BIG mouse in a tanktop and shorts. lol

Genocide
08-05-06, 23:35
In one of the Duke Nukem PS games (Time To Kill, I think), when you use action on the phone, you can hear a woman moaning orgasmically down the line. Then Duke says something like "Laura? Is that you?" That's supposed to be a reference to Lara Croft.

Also, Duke Nukem looks a lot like Larson in one level.
yeah, this was TTK, also in the strip club on the 1st level if you open the closet Lara's costume can be seen and suke say's "ew skanky outfit"
Theres also a Lara referance on Duke Nukem's land of the babes with the phone, i cant remember what it says though

egyptiangal
08-05-06, 23:38
i remember the crash tomb wader level...

why do they have cameos? i dont get it...to make fun of TR or what?

conorcroft2001
08-05-06, 23:39
She was in Primal also!

From gamefaqs.com walkthrough:

Note: That tombstone next to the stairs DOES, in fact, say "RIP LARA
CROFT 2003." You don't need to get your eyes checked.

LOL

Conor