PDA

View Full Version : I know a shop that is selling drink to under 18's

AnthonyShock1515
08-05-06, 20:54
There is a shop run by Arabs by my house that is selling alchohol to under 18's. My friends all told me and they get there drink from there (They are obly 12!) and Ive seen people coming out the shop with bottles of Bella.

What should I do?

scion05
08-05-06, 20:55
keep it to yourself as its clearly not harming yoo :p
or on the other hand.... ring the police :p

Lew
08-05-06, 20:56
Take Advanatge of it :p :tmb: :P

saray
08-05-06, 20:57
RING THE POLICE the last thing you want is to get :cen: and end up in an old ladys bed :p

ELEN
08-05-06, 20:58
You better talk to the authorities. What is the Bella btw?

:rolleyes:

MiCkiZ88
phaha.. I bought alcohol when I was 14 :D froma liquor store... then I looked more mature than now.. :pi: especially after todays haircut :pi:

Zip
ashamed to say it don't say anything and make a profit thats what i used to do,just go get some and sell it at a small profit or if u uneasy tell someone but i wouldn't

Nephili
Well alot of shops do, some dont do it intentionally, some people can look 18 even when their not. BUt others dont really care, its the same with cigarettes, i was buying them from shops from like the age of 14.

I wouldnt get involved, but thats me.

Angel666
08-05-06, 20:59
I would personally follow Lews advice but if I were you then I would just leave it alone. You could get alot of people mad at you for being a rat. It's the kids personal choice and you don't have to follow their example or purchase the alcohol.

Lew
08-05-06, 20:59

:D lol im joking He might mean Stella. Hmmm i have too give that a try round here but i'll only use it once. I am a teenager and CANT resist my temptation :P

Lara Lover
08-05-06, 21:02
Contact the police, Tell them and they'll get closed down or even fined if they're lucky.

:tmb:

Lara Lover
08-05-06, 21:02
Double post. Sorry :wve:

Geck-o-Lizard
08-05-06, 21:03
If I were in your place I would stay out of it. You ring the police and as a result the shop gets forced to do age checks, soon as you get found out for being the snitch you'll get a gang of disgruntled underage chavs knocking at your door.

Lara Croft!
LMAO
In Greece all shops do that!Smokes,drinks....and i took advantage of it,as everyone!!!!(now,i'm 18,so.....) :D :D :D

Lew
Contact the police, Tell them and they'll get closed down or even fined if they're lucky.

:tmb:

Come on, dont be so boring, Live a little! then get more serious when your older :p

thompa89
08-05-06, 21:04
u have more fun without alchohol!!!!

Lew
08-05-06, 21:04
If I were in your place I would stay out of it. You ring the police and as a result the shop gets forced to do age checks, soon as you get found out for being the snitch you'll get a gang of disgruntled underage chavs knocking at your door.

Not nesscessily chavs.... more people get alcohol who go to gigs than them :p

Geck-o-Lizard
08-05-06, 21:07
Yeah, but it's the chavs who'll want to find someone to beat up when their alcohol supply dries up. They're the ones with plenty of free time to think up revenge for denying them their daily bottle of Bucky...

Lew
08-05-06, 21:08
Well maybe... but i'd still wouldnt tell the police, they'd be annoying me with their questions

Lara Lover
08-05-06, 21:15
Come on, dont be so boring, Live a little! then get more serious when your older :p

No. I don't want to have that much fun as a kid. I'm trying to learn ways to live. You know? Not just taking advantage of a shop that sells drink and ciggarretes. I plan not to smoke ever and drink, I'll probably start whenever I'm over 18. I don't want to wreck my life on smoking or living a little. I want to do what I want to do, So, Live me out of this.

:wve:

ELEN
08-05-06, 21:15
If I saw a 12 yrs child getting in a shop and exiting with a bottle of beer or cigs (and I was sure that he was going to use it), I would definitely grab the child, deal with the owner of the shop, then call the police. I don't understand why you should get scared and just sneakily call the police. Is this how the chavs act in England?

*edited to add: why do the kids should take the advantage of it? Is this the kind of education they receive? Because I don't think that my parents would let me drink or smoke at the age of 12 or 15, so the guidance from my family wouldn't be the one that would make drink in that age.

Lew
08-05-06, 21:16
I wouldnt smoke but i'd drink, Well hopefully when your near 14 you'll get more urges to do things, or maybe school does that....

xMiSsCrOfTx
08-05-06, 21:17
How long has this shop been in business? Someone should report them to the proper authorities, save everyone a bit of trouble.

Lara Lover
08-05-06, 21:18
If I saw a 12 yrs child getting in a shop and exiting with a bottle of beer or cigs (and I was sure that he was going to use it), I would definitely grab the child, deal with the owner of the shop, then call the police. I don't understand why you should get scared and just sneakily call the police. Is this how the chavs act in England?

Yes it is. People these days are so, dumb the way they act. They're trying to be "Cool". I don't care if I'm cool or not, I just don't want to grow up in a dump outside the streets of Belfast. You know?

Chav's in the UK/Ireland smoke, drink, don't have a good education. Probably end up with some crappy job. They're patheic.

End of.

Lew
08-05-06, 21:18

Well basically chavs think they own the place and hate you for what you are if your not once of them. The smack you if you say something about them, hang around in massive gangs, do drugs, drink, call you mosher/goth/emo/skater *******s or whatever they wanna call you. I hate them.

Geck-o-Lizard
08-05-06, 21:21
Is this how the chavs act in England?

Well to put it into perspective - and perhaps chavs don't act in England as they do here - every single chav you see on a short trip through town will belong to one of the handful of large gangs around the main housing areas here. If the 12 yr-olds can't buy the goods by themselves they'll get one of their older mates to buy it for them, so it really won't do much other than irritating several violent gangs of teenage boys. The ages of the members of these gangs range from about 8 to 20. It's tricky.

Laras Backpack
08-05-06, 21:22
Well basically chavs think they own the place and hate you for what you are if your not once of them. The smack you if you say something about them, hang around in massive gangs, do drugs, drink, call you mosher/goth/emo/skater *******s or whatever they wanna call you. I hate them.
Ditto.

I'd call the police and report the shop. Access to alcohol for young kids (as well as adults in many cases) leads to other crimes as well as a deterioration of your local area. I come from East london and i've seen it happen. It's not fair on society as a whole, it affects everyone.

viper456
08-05-06, 21:22
Yeah, but it's the chavs who'll want to find someone to beat up when their alcohol supply dries up. They're the ones with plenty of free time to think up revenge for denying them their daily bottle of Bucky...

yup i agree. AWful people.

but anyway its not the end of the world (underage drinking) most of us have done it at some point. I mean i used to get drunk in a field with all my friends when i was like 14. (im 18 now).

If you start getting hassle near by because of it i would then phone the police. But if its not harming oyu directly let them get on with it

CerebralAssassin
08-05-06, 21:24

:vlol: you better watch what you say about alcohol around here Lew..

ELEN
08-05-06, 21:25

Ok with that, but by turning your back to this serious problem it's like you support them. If you drink and smoke at the age of 15 and you look how to take the advantage of a situation that only destroys your health, what will your children or the kids of the next decade do? Don't be trivial. Think that one day your children will enter a similar store in the future. How will you feel about that? You don't have to answer. I know you can't. But I'm sure you can imagine.

Lew
08-05-06, 21:25
yup i agree. AWful people.

but anyway its not the end of the world (underage drinking) most of us have done it at some point. I mean i used to get drunk in a field with all my friends when i was like 14. (im 18 now).

If you start getting hassle near by because of it i would then phone the police. But if its not harming oyu directly let them get on with it

I agree :) Wow this i quite a dudey debate weve got going here :D Lol Celebral

Lew
08-05-06, 21:27
Ok with that, but by turning your back to this serious problem it's like you support them. If you drink and smoke at the age of 15 and you look how to take the advantage of a situation that only destroys your health, what will your children or the kids of the next decade do? Don't be trivial. Think that one day your children will enter a similar store in the future. How will you feel about that? You don't have to answer. I know you can't. But I'm sure you can imagine.

Well i dont go out drinking every week, more like month and ive only just started 3 months ago so.... and I will never smoke while im young! I hate drugs too, dinking isnt so bad as long as you dont mix your drinks and dont do it so often, unlike my friend.... who was hungover at school today, I told her last night to stop it but she didnt listen!

ELEN
08-05-06, 21:28
:vlol: you better watch what you say about alcohol around here Lew..

I couldn't expect another post from you. Don't humiliate everything. If you have something to say about the subject, you can do it. Otherwise, you ruin the thread. And spamming is a no no.

ELEN
08-05-06, 21:31
Well i dont go out drinking every week, more like month and ive only just started 3 months ago so.... and I will never smoke while im young! I hate drugs too, dinking isnt so bad as long as you dont mix your drinks and dont do it so often, unlike my friend.... who was hungover at school today, I told her last night to stop it but she didnt listen!

Don't take it personal. This was not directly for you. It was more general. I'm not an old woman who have lived her life. I'm still learning. But I just feel sorry for the kids who destroy their health. Nothing more. Because if someone starts drinking from the age of 12, I'm not sure how he will be able to quit later.

Lew
08-05-06, 21:32
Don't take it personal. This was not directly for you. It was more general. I'm not an old woman who have lived her life. I'm still learning. But I just feel sorry for the kids who destroy their life. Nothing more.

Dont worry i dont take it personal, you sound like a good person to me but if your were my age, would you be saying anything what your saying now?

AnthonyShock1515
08-05-06, 21:32
Well to put it into perspective - and perhaps chavs don't act in England as they do here - every single chav you see on a short trip through town will belong to one of the handful of large gangs around the main housing areas here. If the 12 yr-olds can't buy the goods by themselves they'll get one of their older mates to buy it for them, so it really won't do much other than irritating several violent gangs of teenage boys. The ages of the members of these gangs range from about 8 to 20. It's tricky.

Exactly right.

Bella is a very cheap high-alchohol drink, 2 litres can be sold for a £1 and can be tampered with most of the time. Chavas here are simple, its all how you look, if you look like an easy target, so the main aim is, look like a chava, and you are ignored, its very weird but it works. My friend are chavas so I lnow a lot about thow they work.

TV shows about Chavas outside wrecking hell are not true, channel 4 just dont get it.

Lew
08-05-06, 21:34
None of my friends are chavs. Channel 4 actually set a bad example so all the wannabe chavs look up to them with the drugs and drinking and stuff which really makes channel 4 bad on terms of ...well.... setting an example

Lara Lover
08-05-06, 21:37
I think young people get the idea of drinking/smoking from TV programs and school. I mean, They do it because, they want to look "cool". Nothing wrong to look cool but, Not whenever you damaging your health. I mean, It'll all come back to you whenever your older. Just think about that.

None of my friends are chavs. Channel 4 actually set a bad example so all the wannabe chavs look up to them with the drugs and drinking and stuff which really makes channel 4 bad on terms of ...well.... setting an example

Channel 4 is a very bad example. That's true. I'm glad also, They none of your friends or you are chavs. I mean, Why would anyone want to be a chav? :confused:

JasonDavies15
08-05-06, 21:38
I hate chavs. They seem to take control of everywhere. I can't walk down a street at night without corssing the road if I see a gang, I just don't feel safe. It never used to be like this a long time ago!

Lara Lover
08-05-06, 21:40
I hate chavs. They seem to take control of everywhere. I can't walk down a street at night without corssing the road if I see a gang, I just don't feel safe. It never used to be like this a long time ago!

That's true. Not that I would know, as I'm only 13. But, Whenever you walk past them, You get a sense of fearness. That scares me. I mean, Chavs did call me gay, faggot and **** all in 5mins. I mean, It was awful.

That's why I never walk outside my door unless I'm with an adult.

ELEN
08-05-06, 21:42
Dont worry i dont take it personal, you sound like a good person to me but if your were my age, would you be saying anything what your saying now?

I didn't know your age, so I had to take a look at your profile. (LOL)

You are somehow right, but this is an excuse that teenagers use. I'm not trying to change your mind, you are free to believe whatever you want. I don't like saying "You are young. You don't know", because all ages have their own magic. But you have to live your life depending on your age. If people died at the age of 20, then yes, you should try everything at the age of 15. But people live for many more years and sometimes you should postpone things for a later age, because at this age your mind will be able to think more advantages and disadvantages of an action.

Yes, you have to live your life as you wish, because this is the only way to enjoy it. But all things have boundaries that we should better not cross. And not only for the drink or cigs.

ELEN
08-05-06, 21:45
That's true. Not that I would know, as I'm only 13. But, Whenever you walk past them, You get a sense of fearness. That scares me. I mean, Chavs did call me gay, faggot and **** all in 5mins. I mean, It was awful.

The chavs are the poor people or I have got it wrong? :confused:

JasonDavies15

It's ridiculous. I had two of them walk past me and just barge my shoulder for no reason when I was on my own, and I turned around and they just said "What the **** are you looking at! You so and so" I was helpless really. I didn't say anything I was just angry. And I see bloody 9 year olds coming out of junior school smoking cigarettes, not properly (too young to understand how) and looking at me as if they were cool and I should be pleased. ???? I just wanted to go up to the little brat and rip that cig out of his mouth!

LegenDarY
i've been going out (to clubs etc.) since i was 13.. and i also drank alcohol than

and i really don't see the harm if you drink alcohol when you're young, just to have some fun (not that you can't have fun without alcohol), you drink a little bit, you party a little bit and you go home..

i can see the problem when someone is 12/13 and is drinking on the streets and is drunk all the time.. not that i've never been drunk or anything.. but that just happened when i went out with some friends and partied a lot and accidentally got drunk..

i think i would go to the owner of the store.. and ask him it would be wise to sell young kids alcohol..

ps: what are chavs? can someone explain it for people in other countries? cause we don't know such a thing as 'chavs' in the netherlands

Lara Lover
08-05-06, 21:46

They can be poor or rich. They dress, what I think is poor. I mean, They just look so tough and rough and you just think to yourself, Oh God, Here comes the chavs. You know?

tough and rough

Offtopic : That rhymes! :p

JasonDavies15
08-05-06, 21:47

Yes, but not all are, many of them copy other people's actions to somewhat fit in with the crowd and become popular and so new ones are born.

Lara Lover
08-05-06, 21:47
It's ridiculous. I had two of them walk past me and just barge my shoulder for no reason when I was on my own, and I turned around and they just said "What the **** are you looking at! You so and so" I was helpless really. I didn't say anything I was just angry. And I see bloody 9 year olds coming out of junior school smoking cigarettes, not properly (too young to understand how) and looking at me as if they were cool and I should be pleased. ???? I just wanted to go up to the little brat and rip that cig out of his mouth!

It sure is. I mean, I see people with the walk. You know what that is? Walking like a hard man. You know?

It's disgreatful. :(

ELEN
08-05-06, 21:50
i've been going out (to clubs etc.) since i was 13.. and i also drank alcohol than

and i really don't see the harm if you drink alcohol when you're young, just to have some fun (not that you can't have fun without alcohol), you drink a little bit, you party a little bit and you go home..

i can see the problem when someone is 12/13 and is drinking on the streets and is drunk all the time.. not that i've never been drunk or anything.. but that just happened when i went out with some friends and partied a lot and accidentally got drunk..

I agree. Of course a young person will drink one or two beers at a party or whatever. I just feel sorry for them when they drink a lot. And I just don't understand those that encourage the young people to drink a lot. The owner of the shop, for example, who freely sells alcohol to the kids. The kid will go again and again there.

JasonDavies15
It sure is. I mean, I see people with the walk. You know what that is? Walking like a hard man. You know?

It's disgreatful. :(

Absolutely, every chav boy seems to think they are hard. When I first started a new High School in year 9 I was at the bus stop and a nasty chav boy who looked like a total druggie said to me "are you hard" and I was like???? Not for me to say, and so he set up and fight for me with this other boy and I got beaten up when I tried hitting him back as they all ganged up on me. I never wanted to go back to that school as it was my first day, it was so depressing.

Night Crawler
If I saw a 12 yrs child getting in a shop and exiting with a bottle of beer or cigs (and I was sure that he was going to use it), I would definitely grab the child, deal with the owner of the shop, then call the police.Lmao, you should be a police woman. Scary! ;)

LegenDarY
08-05-06, 21:55
And I just don't understand those that encourage the young people to drink a lot.
this is something i agree with.. i would never encourage someone who imo is to young to drink, to drink alcohol.. cause when you're young and you drink really much, you're future is almost certainly ruined, cause that drinking has/will become that person's lifestyle.. and it's hard to change your lifestyle

average stalker
08-05-06, 22:01
The owner of the shop, for example, who freely sells alcohol to the kids. The kid will go again and again there.

he's just trying to make business...in an illegal way. the drinking age here is 21 and now you have to be 19 to buy cigarettes. Iíve never tried to buy beer because I donít look like Iím 21, but if I did, I would try.

Lara Lover
08-05-06, 22:03
Can I ask, What's the legal age to buy cigs/drink in the UK/Ireland?

I think UK have differnet ones from Ireland. I'm just making sure.

ace_85
08-05-06, 22:03
I agree. Of course a young person will drink one or two beers at a party or whatever. I just feel sorry for them when they drink a lot. And I just don't understand those that encourage the young people to drink a lot. The owner of the shop, for example, who freely sells alcohol to the kids. The kid will go again and again there.
I have never been the sort of person who drinks a lot when I'm out, in fact until a couple of years ago I pretty much stuck with soft drinks LOL. I only get 'drunk' very rarely, even as a Uni student :p Anyway, my point is that if you really want to do these sort of things, it's best - in my experience - to wait until you're a bit older, late teens at least. The fact that I'd never smoked or got drunk much before didn't bother my housemates, I wasn't treated any differently. And at least if it does happen now, we're all experienced enough to look out for each other and/or get each other home in one piece :D So don't feel like there's any rush to reach for the drink, guys, you've got years ahead of you to do that (responsibly) ;)

JasonDavies15
08-05-06, 22:05
Most chavs here, well esspecially in Essex, seem to drink alcohol underaged on the streets, this is a very unsociable way to drink and just causes trouble for the neighbourhood as they always seem to go vandalising thing like phone boxes and smashing car windows and commiting crimes.

Lara Lover
08-05-06, 22:06
Most chavs here, well esspecially in Essex, seem to drink alcohol underaged on the streets, this is a very unsociable way to drink and just causes trouble for the neighbourhood as they always seem to go vandalising thing like phone boxes and smashing car windows and commiting crimes.

Yes, Also setting to fire to parks over here in Ireland. :hea:

Geck-o-Lizard
08-05-06, 22:08
Can I ask, What's the legal age to buy cigs/drink in the UK/Ireland?

I think UK have differnet ones from Ireland. I'm just making sure.

To buy alcohol, you have to be over 18. To buy tobacco products, you have to be over 16.

Tomb Raider Master
08-05-06, 22:15
That's really disgraceful. But what annoys me more are Croatian shops which sell alcohol and cigarettes to persons younger than 18, even there is a note which, translated from Croatian, says: "It's forbidden to sell alcoholic drinks to persons younger than 18." The worst thing is that no one cares about it and that young people ruin their lives getting drunk almost every evening and not knowing for themselves already at 1 AM. And this is just one part of the whole problem.

xMiSsCrOfTx
08-05-06, 22:16
To buy alcohol, you have to be over 18. To buy tobacco products, you have to be over 16.

Those ages are pretty young, especially the tobacco law...

CerebralAssassin
08-05-06, 22:55
I couldn't expect another post from you. Don't humiliate everything. If you have something to say about the subject, you can do it. Otherwise, you ruin the thread. And spamming is a no no.

Sorry.I got a little out of hand there:)

They can be poor or rich. They dress, what I think is poor. I mean, They just look so tough and rough and you just think to yourself, Oh God, Here comes the chavs. You know?

There is a term for that in the States."Roughnecks":p

Seriously though,for me a reasonable age to start drinking in moderation,in general, is 16 ( I don't know about smoking though).Ok...some people have a genetic make-up that favors future self-destruction,so having said that,they don't need the help of alcohol and drugs to destroy their lives....others' fate will largely depend on surrounding influences and education..these people should definitely not be encouraged to drink or smoke at a young age..and should be aware that these substances can be highly addictive.If you're parents are good parents,they will inform you of these things from an early age. Let me give you an example,my uncle was well parented (and I'm sure of this..'cause he started working in construction at the early age of 7...yeap...they let him know that sitting on your arse is a no-no)...and started smoking and drinking at a very young age (10)..but he didn't turn out a pathetic no-body,he turned out to be a succesful bread-winner...

So yeah..my point is your future really depends on your education and not so much on how early you start these things (although it can hurt you're growth the earlier you do it).And like Elen said...it's not like we're gonna die tomorrow...so postponing these things will only help..(wait for your IQ to be optimal LOL!).

Lew
09-05-06, 16:39

Why can't they just find a chav rave to go to, we go to gigs and pubs really and we dont vandalise peoples homes and stuff cause thats just stupid. All we do is go there, after that find somewhere else to go or go home its too cold to be outside at night anyway

AnthonyShock1515
09-05-06, 17:20
Well, Ive never had a brutal experience with chavs, I just tend to avoid them.

But they are different to when they are in groups, Ive gotten to know loads of chavs, and they tunr out to be really nice in person, its just they are wreckless in groups, because they try to show off to one another. But chavs in person are sometimes really nice, you just have to talk to them personally away from their friends to get to see how nice they really are. Ive seen the way kids gang up on other kids in my class and they show no mercy on other people in grups, yet I see the same kid with one of the chavs and they are having a calm conversation. Most of them are really nice, they just don't want to show it.

Sin
09-05-06, 18:21
In My country a person can buy drinks under 18.
The legal age starts at 16.
But, well, Childs with 12, thatīs not really a good thing.
I think you shoul call the authorities...

Capt. Murphy
09-05-06, 18:32
Don't think of it as snitching on the ones selling the alcohol, but rather helping the ones that are buying so as to not mess up their lives and health. Both ways are good. You end criminal activity and you're helping your friends live longer healthier lives.