PDA

View Full Version : I have Chicken Pox!

Nephili
09-05-06, 10:42
I woke up today with spots all over my body, like small blisters, my mum is convinced its Chicken Pox, because my niece had it a couple of weeks ago.

Ive never had it, my mum exposed me as a child but i never caught it for some reason, but why now! Its my 18th birthday in 11 days, looks like i might not be able to go out afterall :(

Whats the age everyone else has had chicken pox?

tombraider123
09-05-06, 10:52
I was about 4 when i had them. Dont really remember them that much though

Nephili
09-05-06, 10:54
Man your lucky, i wish i had them when i was younger.

laras
09-05-06, 10:56
I didn't have them yet. :p

Eleana
09-05-06, 10:59
Thats horrible! Don't scratch them, you might end up with scars. Get some lotion to put on them :(

Nephili
09-05-06, 11:02
Yea my mum gave me the lecture on not scratching them, i think ive got enough willpower to do it, i scratched a few this morning, but like as i woke up, so i didnt know what they were lol.

Thorn
09-05-06, 11:08
Chicken Pox is human herpes virus 3 (HHV-3). They should turn into blisters and scab within a week. They can scar easily so be careful! Calamine lotion should help with the itching. :)

Nephili
09-05-06, 11:22
Thanks Thorn :hug:

Kamrusepas
09-05-06, 11:28
I had mine when I was really young, I don't remember exactly. Probably about 5-6.

ben-raider
09-05-06, 11:46
They should go soon, remember its better than measles

illuminati30
09-05-06, 11:50
Sorry to hear that Nephili, just take it easy, dont scratch. Play some TR games or something or sit and watch all of E3 live! :D

Nephili
09-05-06, 11:52
Lmao im playing Legend at the moment, ill have to check ot the E3 footage soon. But im just worried i wont be able to do anything for my birthday, cuz my birthday is in 11 days, so i might not be contageous then, but i still might be all scabbed up lmao, i dont wanna go out like that.

Lara Croft!
09-05-06, 11:58
If your friends already had chicken pox they will be fine,but u may have fever or sth and won't be in the mood to party....But u can celebrate your birthday later!DON'T SCRATCH!!!!!!!

Nephili
09-05-06, 12:04
Well im meant to be going out for a meal with family, then off to the pub and club afterwards, but i dont wanna go out if im all spotty lol.

angelika
09-05-06, 12:08
Hope you recover soon.
I had mine when I was 10. Unfortunately I haven't gone through any other disease ever since...

Lara Croft!
09-05-06, 12:17
Well im meant to be going out for a meal with family, then off to the pub and club afterwards, but i dont wanna go out if im all spotty lol.

LOL,i told u,u can postpone it and do sth at home instead for those you don't mind appearing spotty to!!!:D

Nephili
09-05-06, 12:20
Yea thats true, ill see what im like closer to the day, i might move it a week after.

Hybrid Soldier
09-05-06, 12:53
Wow, that really sucks!

I had mine not too long ago, last September. I did have a mild form of it when i was younger and i don't remember that. But man, do they ever suck.

And right now i'm 15 (turning 16).

tha_mattster
09-05-06, 13:31
Im 18 and have never had it! All my siblings have and friends too.

I hope I have a natural resistance against it and I have not just been lucky.

Why dont we get a vaccine against it? I got one for measles etc when I was in primary school and high school.

Nephili
09-05-06, 13:50
I thought i had a natural resistance from it, until today lmao.

Catlantean
09-05-06, 14:06
Same thing happened to me a few years ago. I was exposed to chickenpox as a kid but never got infected...then I got into contact with it again at 19 and it was a hell of trouble. But it was a particularly nasty strain I caught, the kid that gave it to me was even worse off than me. I hope what you have is just normal chickenpox and that you'll get better soon :hug: Just remember not to scratch!

About the chickenpox vaccine, yes there is one but it's not very popular because it can have side-effects. Or so I've heard.

TombRaiderLover
09-05-06, 14:08
Sorry to hear that.

I have chicken pox when I was 2-4

Nephili
09-05-06, 14:10
Thanks alot everyone :hug:

Mines ok, i got major bad muscle ache in my arms and legs, i dont know if thats anything to do with it.

tha_mattster
09-05-06, 14:11
I am never ever going near kids! Though I hate them so it wont be a problem lol.

I think lara should get chicken pox in the next game.

Agnese Croft
09-05-06, 14:26
Poor thing... my heart warms to you...:( I hope you soon gonna recover and how other told DON`T SCRATCHING !!!

I never had a chicken pox, and never wonted that, but I feel right with you...:hug: !!! Don`t vory, be happy:D

P.S. Sorry for my bad at English...

gazhammer
09-05-06, 14:30
I woke up today with spots all over my body, like small blisters, my mum is convinced its Chicken Pox, because my niece had it a couple of weeks ago.

Ive never had it, my mum exposed me as a child but i never caught it for some reason, but why now! Its my 18th birthday in 11 days, looks like i might not be able to go out afterall :(

Whats the age everyone else has had chicken pox?

I've never had it, so stay away from me you leper................. :ton: ... :D

Nephili
09-05-06, 14:45
Thanks Agnes Croft :hug:

I am never ever going near kids! Though I hate them so it wont be a problem lol.

I think lara should get chicken pox in the next game.

LOL! That would be funny, i wonder if she would have the will power to not scratch them.

I've never had it, so stay away from me you leper................. :ton: ... :D

LMAO! Dont worry, im keeping well away from everyone.

I was saying to my niece, shes only like 18 months old, but i said to her this morning,

Me - "This is all your fault you know?"

She just gave me this weird look and said "Yea" One of the only words she can say at the moment.

Me - "Good so at least you know that"

Lmao! Bless her.

scion05
09-05-06, 15:07
i had them on my 1st birthday
and my lil sis when she was 3 on her rear end :vlol:

Ampersand
09-05-06, 15:11
I had chickenpox when I was 15. At first it was just a few spots, and I thought it was insect bites or something, then a couple of days later I woke up to find they'd spread everywhere. It was awful, but 'one of those things' that everyone has to put up with. I think the earlier you get it out of the way the better. :)

Just don't scratch them. I confess I have one little pox scar on my face. :o :D

Lavinder
09-05-06, 15:20
I cannot recall having them but my mother said I had them :D I have a bad memory.

BlackGrey
09-05-06, 15:36
Gah! That's terrible, hope you look and feel better for your 18th :tmb:

Tomb Raider Master
09-05-06, 15:54
Bad to hear that, Nephili. :( I had chicken pox when I was really young. Just be sure to stay calm for a few days and do not scratch! Get well soon! :wve:

Lonely Istari
09-05-06, 16:09
oh man! Chicken Pox! Sorry Nephili ;) Well, it's probably one of the easiest illnessess. You just keep itching instead of feeling really sick. (at least that's how it was for me anyway :whi: ) I was bout 8 or 9 when I had it. It's probably the best to get during school, so you can take a few days off! :p

Nephili
09-05-06, 17:28
Thanks everyone :tmb: According to my doctor ill be ok to go out on my 18th, woo! Hopefully i wont have any spots on my face by then :D

saray
09-05-06, 17:43
get well soon nephilli,:hug: have a great 18th when it comes!! DO NOT SCRATCH COS YOU'LL KNOW BOUT IT :p