PDA

View Full Version : Discus E3 2006!

illuminati30
09-05-06, 14:15
I know its not over yet, but hey! What have you seen and enjoyed? What has made you excited most?

Jin Uzuki
09-05-06, 14:19
What has made me excited most is the launch of the Crystal project of Square Enix for Final Fantasy XIII. :D There's also Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria, Xenosaga III, the next-gen games, and a few unexpected titles. E3 is truly something that takes my breath away. :wve:

tha_mattster
I watched some trailers on gamespot just now. I liked the look of the 'Unnamed Naughty Dog game' . It looked really fun and exciting with amazing graphics. I wasnt really interested in much shown though.

illuminati30
"The next generation doesn't start until we say it does. Today the PlayStation 3 is real."

:rolleyes:

If they say so i guess

Jin Uzuki
09-05-06, 14:25
I don't think the 'next-generation' has yet to claim full spotlight. It has just begun, and I await its climax. :wve:

illuminati30
09-05-06, 14:27
And here was me thinking i had a next generation console with Xbox 360! My eyes and ears must have been deceiving all the hours of gaming i have enjoyed with it!

I guess my 360 isn't Next Gen until Sony say it is !!!!

:vlol:

tha_mattster
09-05-06, 14:28
I dont think it can call itself next generation. For me playstation 1 was first generation, now games like HL2 and doom ,far cry, TRL and second generation. There is not a big enough difference between the games I just mentioned and 'next gen consoles' to warrant the title Next Gen.

illuminati30
09-05-06, 14:36
I dont think it can call itself next generation. For me playstation 1 was first generation,.

It started long before that ;)

now games like HL2 and doom ,far cry, TRL and second generation. There is not a big enough difference between the games I just mentioned and 'next gen consoles' to warrant the title Next Gen.

You make a good point, some of the titles at E3 for both Microsoft and Sony, i have found rather disapointing, and not sure i would class as 'next gen'

However, since the 360 has been out, it has had games that i would defo class as next gen. Oblivion for example. Some of the PS3 titles will be next gen, for sure, but on both platforms, some of them i would say barely qualify, like Scarface for both 360 and PS3. Is this really next gen?

tr_mitch
09-05-06, 14:37
I'm hoping and from some magazines that apparently they will release the name and location of the next grand theft auto.... which is apparently going to be set in London :) oh how i love them games!

Jin Uzuki
09-05-06, 14:39
And here was me thinking i had a next generation console with Xbox 360! My eyes and ears must have been deceiving all the hours of gaming i have enjoyed with it!

I guess my 360 isn't Next Gen until Sony say it is !!!!
X360 IS a next-gen platform. However, I think the 'next-generation' of gaming has only begun and so I deem it is a bit early to tag it to be of utter fame. The current-gen consoles still hold more bulk of today's gamers. :wve:

Jin Uzuki
09-05-06, 14:41
You make a good point, some of the titles at E3 for both Microsoft and Sony, i have found rather disapointing, and not sure i would class as 'next gen'
I wouldn't be disappointed in something I haven't fully grasped. I have yet to see these games. :wve:

illuminati30
09-05-06, 14:41
X360 IS a next-gen platform. However, I think the 'next-generation' of gaming has only begun and so I deem it is a bit early to tag it to be of utter fame. The current-gen consoles still hold more bulk of today's gamers. :wve:

I agree with everything you say, i just dont like the fact that they have said it does not begin until they say it does. It just sounds arrogant and dictatorish.

Rivendell
09-05-06, 14:43
FF 13 - Will have to get a Ps3
FF 3 remade for DS - I'll have to get a DS now
FF Core Crisis - PSP - I'll have to get a Psp now
FF 5+6 for GBA

That's about all that's got me excited so far.

Maybe some more news on Zelda would be good, but even if that comes out on GC, I'll wait untill I can get it on Wii.

illuminati30
09-05-06, 14:45
I wouldn't be disappointed in something I haven't fully grasped. I have yet to see these games. :wve:

This is scarface for both PS3 and Xbox 360,

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f176/illuminati30/922228_20060418_screen002.jpg

I am quite sure both consoles are capable of better things than this.

tha_mattster
09-05-06, 14:46
The next GTA in london!!! yay! finally not in america.

I want to fly through the Eye :D
Hijack the queens carriage and drive it off tower bridge.

so many fun possibilities. I wonder who the main character will be?

illuminati30
09-05-06, 14:47
The next GTA in london!!! yay! finally not in america.

I want to fly through the Eye :D
Hijack the queens carriage and drive it off tower bridge.

so many fun possibilities. I wonder who the main character will be?

Really? Is that as well as the getaway?

Rivendell
Phil Mitchell ;)

tha_mattster

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f176/illuminati30/922228_20060418_screen002.jpg

wow thats bad! maybe its work in progress?

(btw I know Ps1 was not first generation, I said for me it is)

God of War 2 looks cool, I have never actually played the first one but I mean to.

Jin Uzuki
I agree with everything you say, i just dont like the fact that they have said it does not begin until they say it does. It just sounds arrogant and dictatorish.
Arrogant, yes, but true. Next-gen shall begin when the battle does, and that won't start unless PS3 is on the opposing side of X360. :wve:

tha_mattster
09-05-06, 14:48
Phil Mitchell ;)

Oh god please no. Why not lara croft!!? :D :D

Rivendell
09-05-06, 14:49
Hahah! :p

Hmm, Lara carjacking? That'd be interesting! Though, she did in Tr3 - so why not!

interstellardave
09-05-06, 14:50

I've seen better shots than that... hmmm... but the "next gen" is about more than graphics. I want better AI, better physics, more interaction with the environment, etc. You should leave your mark on the game world and its inhabitants as you play... games have barely started doing this but the power to do it is there now!

By the way, Lionhead studios, headed by Peter Molynouex, has been acquired by Microsoft! Molynouex is a developers' developer and now his work will be 360/PC exclusive. ;)

tr_mitch
Don't get your hopes up too much, but its pretty much inevitably going to be London... may websites and apparently the director has also confirmed this. Yeah the getaway was in London but that was not too good... I hope the main character is someone like the new guy out of driver: parralel lines because he is very cool :)... and kent paul has got to be in it again!

illuminati30
Arrogant, yes, but true. Next-gen shall begin when the battle does, and that won't start unless PS3 is on the opposing side of X360. :wve:

Rubbish! Next gen started last year with 360, and probably long before for those with super PC's :)

Jin Uzuki
09-05-06, 14:52

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1..._screen002.jpg

This is rather disappointing, yes. But this particular game shouldn't pull other next-gen games within the proximity of one's disappointment. I personally find the first details of Final Fantasy XIII somewhat overwhelming, and that certainly sets a higher standard for me with regards to my views on the nex-generation consoles. The glass is half-full for me, not half-empty. ;) :wve:

illuminati30
09-05-06, 14:53
wow thats bad! maybe its work in progress?

Maybe. Most of the games look super, but some of them are questionable for me :(

(btw I know Ps1 was not first generation, I said for me it is)

Ok, no worries :)

Jin Uzuki
09-05-06, 14:55
Rubbish! Next gen started last year with 360, and probably long before for those with super PC's
When I speak of 'next-generation', I speak of its sway, the groundswells it shall cause. X360 is among the next-generation consoles that will empower the gaming industry, but, as I said, the next-generation (in its literal meaning) is only in its beginning stages, and so I deem it is far from reaching climax. :wve:

illuminati30
09-05-06, 14:56
... but the "next gen" is about more than graphics.

Very true Dave, although when certain companies can not offer much more than a graphical upgrade, you would at least expect to see that LOL

By the way, Lionhead studios, headed by Peter Molynouex, has been acquired by Microsoft! Molynouex is a developers' developer and now his work will be 360/PC exclusive. ;)

Cool! I think, what does it mean Dave? :o

illuminati30
09-05-06, 14:57
This is rather disappointing, yes. But this particular game shouldn't pull other next-gen games within the proximity of one's disappointment. I personally find the first details of Final Fantasy XIII somewhat overwhelming, and that certainly sets a higher standard for me with regards to my views on the nex-generation consoles. The glass is half-full for me, not half-empty. ;) :wve:

Thats a good point, as i said most look good, but some i find rather questionable.

illuminati30
09-05-06, 14:58
When I speak of 'next-generation', I speak of its sway, the groundswells it shall cause. X360 is among the next-generation consoles that will empower the gaming industry, but, as I said, the next-generation (in its literal meaning) is only in its beginning stages, and so I deem it is far from climax. :wve:

LOL again, i agree with you totally, although i still dont like the fact that they said it will start when THEY say it will :wve:

Jin Uzuki
09-05-06, 15:00
I'm glad I made my point clear. ;) :wve:

tha_mattster
09-05-06, 15:14
:wve::wve::wve::wve::wve:

Why is everyone waving?!!?! Its so weird and frightens me.

:wve::wve::wve::wve::wve:

interstellardave
09-05-06, 15:23
Cool! I think, what does it mean Dave? :o

Molyneux is responsible for many ground-breaking games like Populous, Dungeon Keeper, Black & White... and most recently, Fable and The Movies. He's one of those visionary types... he'll make some great games on the 360, you can bet!

illuminati30
09-05-06, 15:25
Molyneux is responsible for many ground-breaking games like Populous, Dungeon Keeper, Black & White... and most recently, Fable and The Movies. He's one of those visionary types... he'll make some great games on the 360, you can bet!

Excellent. Do you think we will see many more PC games on the 360 like oblivion? This gives it a real edge over other platforms!

Jin Uzuki
09-05-06, 15:28
Why is everyone waving?!!?! Its so weird and frightens me.
LoL, Matt. :p :wve:

My confines keep me from being acquainted with the above game titles. I've heard of 'The Movies', though. I think I'll buy that for PC. :wve:

tha_mattster
09-05-06, 15:29

My confines keep me from being acquainted with the above game titles. I've heard of 'The Movies', though. I think I'll buy that for PC. :wve:

Do people wave this much where you are from? Where i am from if you wave at someone like this it is to patronise and insult them.

illuminati30
09-05-06, 15:35
Do people wave this much where you are from? Where i am from if you wave at someone like this it is to patronise and insult them.

Its just a friendly happy little wave, it says 'no hard feelings'. People dont usually carry out actions in smilies, i mean how many times do you see people banging their heads off walls lol

I am in Scotland to, and i wave to people all the time! Do you stay in the mountains with the Yetis? :tea:

tha_mattster
09-05-06, 15:38
Its just a friendly happy little wave, it says 'no hard feelings'. People dont usually carry out actions in smilies, i mean how many times do you see people banging their heads off walls lol

I am in Scotland to, and i wave to people all the time! Do you stay in the mountains with the Yetis? :tea:

NO I am a lowlander/edinburger. I would like to meet the yetis, but in edinburgh we have the famous haggis monster, also known as haggisus-nonexisticas
and that will do for me.

illuminati30
09-05-06, 15:41
NO I am a lowlander/edinburger. I would like to meet the yetis, but in edinburgh we have the famous haggis monster, also known as haggisus-nonexisticas
and that will do for me.

Oh dear, i am in Glasgow!

Just kidding, i love Edinburgh, it so pretty! i am there often!

Sorry to go off topic!

Special :wve: just for tha_mattster :D

interstellardave
09-05-06, 15:46

Populous started the whole "God Game" genre way back in the early 80's. Fable was touted as the game where your actions influence the look of your character as you play--and how the NPC's will react to you. Follow a path of evil and your appearance will take on a more demonic look over time; follow a good path and you will take on an angelic appearance. Likewise people in-game will react accordingly... running from you, perhaps attacking you on sight, or welcoming you to town and giving you things for example.

Jin Uzuki
09-05-06, 15:52
Populous started the whole "God Game" genre way back in the early 80's. Fable was touted as the game where your actions influence the look of your character as you play--and how the NPC's will react to you. Follow a path of evil and your appearance will take on a more demonic look over time; follow a good path and you will take on an angelic appearance. Likewise people in-game will react accordingly... running from you, perhaps attacking you on sight, or welcoming you to town and giving you things for example.
:eek: Clever ground-breaker! :eek:

I wish to put forward that by inserting a wave smiley in almost every messages I post, I engage in a trivial effort to appear 'pleasant' as part of this community. I see no reason why this should be much of a bother, and please do let me be as I cannot perceive why this should draw such attention. :wve:

illuminati30
09-05-06, 16:03
:eek: Clever ground-breaker! :eek:

I wish to put forward that by inserting a wave smiley in almost every messages I post, I engage in a trivial effort to appear 'pleasant' as part of this community. I see no reason why this should be much of a bother, and please do let me be as I cannot perceive why this should draw such attention. :wve:

And pleasant you always are, and that is a nice thing. If only all members could remain friendly and still get their point across. I am not talking about anyone who has posted in this thread :wve:

interstellardave
09-05-06, 16:09
:wve: ... :p

Jin Uzuki
09-05-06, 16:09
Why, thank you, illuminati30. :) On-topic, I've come across the 'Untitled Naughty Dog Game', and its scale of similarity to Tomb Raider is of utter surprise (a pleasant one, I must say)! This article (http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/untitlednaughtydoggameworkingtitle/news.html?sid=6149497&mode=previews) just sends chills down my spine. :wve:

LoL at Dave! :wve: :D

interstellardave
09-05-06, 16:16
Why, thank you, illuminati30. :) On-topic, I've come across the 'Untitled Naughty Dog Game', and its scale of similarity to Tomb Raider is of utter surprise (a pleasant one, I must say)! This article (http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/untitlednaughtydoggameworkingtitle/news.html?sid=6149497&mode=previews) just sends chills down my spine. :wve:

Yeah, I just checked out that Naughty Dog footage! Great stuff but, then again, they are a great developer. You can really tell that the game benefits from being developed only for the PS3, and not every console in existence, like Legend :mad: . I keep thinking Legend could have been so much more awesome if they had concentrated on only 1 or 2 platforms--even if it had been only PS2 and PC, but especially if it had been the 360 and PC! :D

Jin Uzuki
09-05-06, 16:27
You can really tell that the game benefits from being developer only for the PS3, and not every console in existence, like Legend.
Undeniable! :tmb:

I keep thinking Legend could have been so much more awesome if they had concentrated on only 1 or 2 platforms--even if it had been only PS2 and PC, but especially if it had been the 360 and PC!
If that's the case (Legend being released only for 360 and PC), I wouldn't mind. I'll purchase the PC version (since I don't have 360). But CD better makes sure TR VIII is exclusively for PS3 and PC! :p :wve:

MiCkiZ88
09-05-06, 16:31
damn just watched the sony conference.. and the ffxiii :eek: *faints*
so beautifull

edit: mgs made my cry...

illuminati30
09-05-06, 18:12

Is that only on PS3? :confused:

Does look like TR, but more like TR legend than the old games.

Night Crawler
09-05-06, 18:21
Did anyone watch the Nintendo conference? I only caught the last half. I nearly had a heart attack when I saw "Yoshi's Island 2" :D

illuminati30
09-05-06, 18:23
I just saw Red Steel OMG!

It ROCKs!

Melonie Tomb Raider
09-05-06, 18:25
Definitely the PS3. FFXIII, Assassin's Creed, Heavenly sword, LOADS of things! :jmp:

I can't wait until tomorrow, we'll see a lot more then. :cool:

interstellardave
09-05-06, 18:32
I just saw Red Steel OMG!

It ROCKs!

Is that on the Wii?

illuminati30
09-05-06, 18:45
Is that on the Wii?

Yeah, go to gamespot, click on wii. There should be a video on that page, have a look :D

illuminati30
09-05-06, 18:59
The Wii controller has a speaker, i just learned!

illuminati30
09-05-06, 20:58
Did anyone see, what looked like the girl from Silent Hill in the Wii footage?

BlackGrey
09-05-06, 21:02
Discuss :p Yes i haven't really had chance to catch up with all the E3 news, i'm sure i'll look it up on the weekend :jmp:

chloe
10-05-06, 06:25
Did anyone see, what looked like the girl from Silent Hill in the Wii footage?thank you illuminati30I I was wondering the girl
in the wii footage look familiar she lot like heather from silent hill 3

Catapharact
10-05-06, 16:39
Originally posted by Catapharact:
Here is something for the masses:

Originally posted by NotASenator:
From the Joystiq blog this morning:

http://www.joystiq.com/media/2006/05/poker_amber.jpg

After the Microsoft keynote we managed to spend some time with one of the games supporting the 360's camera peripheral, World Series of Poker: Tournament of Champions. In this game, the camera is used to take a frontal and sideways shot of the player's head, which is then turned into a 3D representation of the player.

The process takes about three minutes, and is a little rough around the edges, but the immersiveness from seeing your opponents' faces both in 3D and in a superimposed webcam display is undeniable. The PMS Clan ladies demonstrating the game were impressed, describing it as a way to increase the addictiveness and realism of online poker, and wondering when they'd see their own faces in their favourite FPS. However, we find the concept of seeing our own dead bodies disturbing enough without adding our faces to it.

Personal opinion:

*< Imagines seeing his dead self with a bullet in his head and his "treasured" place.*

Oh hell no!

LegenDarY
10-05-06, 17:16
i've got a question: the nintendo wii, is that the nintendo revolution? :confused: (i only care cause i want the new Zelda: Twilight Princess for the new nintendo)

@illuminati30: i don't think Sony is being arrogant without a reason.. i get the feeling the (more famous) games on the ps3 will look better than (more famous) games on the xbox 360.. dunno why.. just get this feeling..

and it would be logical, cause Sony has had way more time to make a perfect system and the system is also more expensive, so people would expect much better graphics..

illuminati30
10-05-06, 19:42
i've got a question: the nintendo wii, is that the nintendo revolution? :confused: (i only care cause i want the new Zelda: Twilight Princess for the new nintendo)

Yes, you can also get it for Gamecube also.

@illuminati30: i don't think Sony is being arrogant without a reason.. i get the feeling the (more famous) games on the ps3 will look better than (more famous) games on the xbox 360.. dunno why.. just get this feeling....

Arrogance with or without reason, i still dont like.

Angel666
10-05-06, 20:42
Heavenly Sword looks so kickass. Also Halo 3.

jjbennett
10-05-06, 21:01
Indiana Jones is AWESOME! Gamesot described it as basically that with all its neat features.

Im also following
-Army of two
-Medal of Honour Airbourne
-Killzone 2
-Brothers in arms hells highway
-Turok
-and the unnamed naughty dog game

All for ps3 as well. The XBOX in my eyes in an abomination.

illuminati30
10-05-06, 21:51
-and the unnamed naughty dog game

LOL at first i thought everyone was talking about a game about a naughty dog!

amiro1989
11-05-06, 00:35
No, there's no Super Smash Bros Wii.... :(