PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watch the Wii conference on Gamespot?

Melonie Tomb Raider
09-05-06, 18:21
It was pretty cool, and I'm definitely looking forward to owning a Nintendo Wii; however, it was nothing in comparison to what I saw yesterday. I'm really disapointed that Nintendo didn't soup the graphics up that much. I know graphics aren't everything, but they definitely add a dramatic effect.

Any other thoughts?

Night Crawler
09-05-06, 18:22
I only caught the last half but it was enough to get me excited! Yoshi's Island 2, Super Mario Galaxy, Diddy Kong Racing, Sonic Wild Fire...yes, I'm 12 years old again :D

yesrushdt
09-05-06, 18:27
I didn't catch the whole thing but most of the Wii games looked pretty sweet. (especially the new Super Mario). Great to see Metroid Prime 3 is on the horizon.:jmp:

Lost_Raider
09-05-06, 18:29
So no last minute name change right?

interstellardave
09-05-06, 18:54
I only caught the last half but it was enough to get me excited! Yoshi's Island 2, Super Mario Galaxy, Diddy Kong Racing, Sonic Wild Fire...yes, I'm 12 years old again :D

Oooooohhhhh! You've definately gotten me even more interested than I was before! I'm watching it when I get home later on! :D

Zip
11-05-06, 07:24
I found it abit short,they didn't really have many details compared with Sony & Microsoft

Draco
11-05-06, 07:32

Wiidon'treallyknowwhattocallit.

Spitfire
11-05-06, 10:43
I think their products and games are really innovative i do, but i just don't see it being that amazing for a long time, but i definintly need to see some more longer game demos using the controlller.

Catapharact
11-05-06, 11:51

God, they really can't screw it up as bad as they already did. I mean I though X-box 360 was an unimaginative title... but Wii?!

To the Nintendo marketing department:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/Catapharact/slap.gif

interstellardave
11-05-06, 11:55
God, they really can't screw it up as bad as they already did. I mean I though X-box 360 was an unimaginative title... but Wii?!

Hopefully you think that PS3 is even more unimaginative... ;)

Catapharact
11-05-06, 11:58
Hopefully you think that PS3 is even more unimaginative... ;)

I actually think PS sould *ahem* steal Nintendo's original preposed title.

Hmmm... PS Revolution. I like it! :D

interstellardave
11-05-06, 12:04
I actually think PS sould *ahem* steal Nintendo's original preposed title.

Hmmm... PS Revolution. I like it! :D

I thought Revolution was perfect for Nintendo, and it suited what they're trying to do with the system too. Wii is kind of dumb, but maybe it's a Japanese thing?

Spitfire
11-05-06, 13:28
Lol, it's not a "maybe" Its completely japanse and they are known for their oddness that made Nintendo good.

Also i do think PS3 took some nasty points away from Nintendo when they included a Motion sensor in their controller, and then they have FREE online play....THINK here, they got ALL sides covered, PS3 truelly is taking this console war seriously and to the next level.

interstellardave
11-05-06, 13:39
Sony "motion sensor" stuff is likely to be just a gimmick used by a few developers... it certainly feels like it's "tacked on". Nintendo is really pushing it as an innovation for all developers to make use of. And this "free online"? I'll believe that when I see it... if Sony doesn't ever charge for it can they guarantee that developers won't make you pay to play? The online network may be great as well as free but it certainly will need to prove itself.

Melonie Tomb Raider
11-05-06, 14:59

I love the title! Wii is the coolest nam eof all the consoles. I think it's brilliant! :jmp: