PDA

View Full Version : GTA4 not 360 exclusive, but 360 owners get extra content and stuff...

Timy226
09-05-06, 20:28
Thats what they meant. Jeff at gamespot said the whole game was 360 exclusive sorry all.

Night Crawler
09-05-06, 20:29
Why would the 360 get extra stuff?

TombRaiderLover
09-05-06, 20:31
A Gta 4? Yey!

MiCkiZ88
09-05-06, 20:31
phew.. :jmp:

TombRaiderLover
09-05-06, 20:32
Is it on PS2? *prays*

Legend of Lara
09-05-06, 20:32
Why do 360 owners get extras? Sony has been more faithful to Rockstar and THIS is what they get?:(

interstellardave
09-05-06, 20:33
LOL! Well the exclusive extras will still enrage Sony fanboys/girls... I don't care 'cause I won't ever buy a GTA game... though it's big news and big business.

Timy226
Is it on PS2? *prays*

No sorry dude...

interstellardave
Why do 360 owners get extras? Sony has been more faithful to Rockstar and THIS is what they get?:(

Where do you get this stuff? Faithful??? It's the console makers that need GTA now, not the other way around!

TombRaiderLover
09-05-06, 20:34
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bedtime, bye!

Night Crawler
09-05-06, 20:34
That stuff about extra content is complete and utter BS lol. They are both being relieased simultaneously, one of them isn't getting any special treatment over the other.

If you mean Xbox exclusive stuff like xbox live stuff, downloadable content etc, then PS3 will also have it's own exclusive features to compensate.

:rolleyes:

MiCkiZ88
09-05-06, 20:36
That stuff about extra content is complete and utter BS lol. They are both being relieased simultaneously, one of them isn't getting any special treatment over the other.

If you mean Xbox exclusive stuff like xbox live stuff, downloadable content etc, then PS3 will also have it's own exclusive features to compensate.

:rolleyes:
true.. :)

Timy226
09-05-06, 20:36
No, thats what they meant by it, Episodic gaming. More misions etc. Gohd just except it!

interstellardave
09-05-06, 20:38
No, thats what they meant by it, Episodic gaming. More misions etc. Gohd just except it!

They can't accept it... although if the PS3 was said to get extras they'd not only believe it but think it was all just right and proper that way!

Night Crawler
09-05-06, 20:38
No, thats what they meant by it, Episodic gaming. More misions etc. Gohd just except it!Do you think the PS3 won't have any of that stuff? :vlol: :D

Timy226
09-05-06, 20:39
No, coz MS did a deal with RS, MS was a bit misleading when they announced it making people belive the whole game was exclusive.

Night Crawler
09-05-06, 20:40
No, coz MS did a deal with RS, MS was a bit misleading when they announced it making people belive the whole game was exclusive.We'll see...;)

interstellardave
09-05-06, 20:40
What they probably meant was exclusive to the 360 at first. That's the way the other GTA exclusives were, they came out on PS2 and then Xbox later. Even if that's all it means then it's a big boost for MS.

Timy226
09-05-06, 20:41
What they probably meant was exclusive to the 360 at first. That's the way the other GTA exclusives were, they came out on PS2 and then Xbox later. Even if that's all it means then it's a big boost for MS.

You might be right.

They said soemthing about episodic gaming.

Night Crawler
09-05-06, 20:42
What part of "simultaneous release" don't you understand? :whi:

interstellardave
09-05-06, 20:45
What part of "simultaneous release" don't you understand? :whi:

What part of this don't you understand: I haven't seen anything official that says "simultaneous release"! ;)

If that's the case, then that's cool for everyone... but don't try and act like MS isn't getting anything exclusive, because they wouldn't make a big announcement if that weren't true in some fashion! :p

Night Crawler
09-05-06, 20:48
What part of this don't you understand: I haven't seen anything official that says "simultaneous release"! ;)
O RLY?

New York, NY – May 9th, 2006 -- Rockstar Games, the universally-renowned publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), is proud to announce Grand Theft Auto IV, the next-generation console debut of the genre-defining Grand Theft Auto franchise. Developed by world-class designers Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto IV will be simultaneously available for the PlayStation®3 and Xbox 360™ and is currently planned to be in stores in North America on October 16, 2007 and in Europe on October 19, 2007.

Source: http://gtaportable.com/

UNDERTAKER
09-05-06, 21:34
From what I can gather, GTA IV will release on both 360 and PS3 at the same time in 2007. However, it appears that MS have struck a deal with Rockstar and will get extra downloadable content via Xbox live. No mention of any extra content for the PS3.

Night Crawler
09-05-06, 22:05
No mention of any extra content for the PS3.But there obviously will be, otherwise it would just be a complete waste of the PS3's online network.

Dingaling
09-05-06, 22:08
Guess I did misread you in the other thread UT :D

I think X360 will have the downloads for a period of time, then after a while, both PS3 and X360 will have them :)

UNDERTAKER
09-05-06, 23:10
But there obviously will be, otherwise it would just be a complete waste of the PS3's online network.

During MS press conference, they emphasised the fact that MS and Rockstar have entered a partnership where they will provide exclusive downloadable content via Xbox Live.

It doesn't matter whether the PS3 has an online network. If MS has the exclusive rights to this content then Sony simply will not get it.

Night Crawler
09-05-06, 23:12
During MS press conference, they emphasised the fact that MS and Rockstar have entered a partnership where they will provide exclusive downloadable content via Xbox Live.

It doesn't matter whether the PS3 has an online network. If MS has the exclusive rights to this content then Sony simply will not get it. They'll probably will get (console) exclusive content, so will PS3.

UNDERTAKER
09-05-06, 23:15
They'll probably will get (console) exclusive content, so will PS3.

Well there was certainly no mention of it at the Sony press conference :wve:

Night Crawler
09-05-06, 23:16
Well there was certainly no mention of it at the Sony press conference :wve:There was no mention of GTA at all at the sony conference. :)

UNDERTAKER
09-05-06, 23:57
There was no mention of GTA at all at the sony conference. :)

My point exactly ;)

interstellardave
10-05-06, 00:09
Well Rockstar says "simultaneously" and Moore comes out and says "360 first", which seems to be what he actually did say...

I don't want to fight with Night Crawler--or anyone really, 'cause none of us knows the real truth--but obviously there's a discrepancy. You might tend to think MS is wrong, but maybe not. These deals can be finalized at any time and if they secured first rights to the game you can bet he'd be chomping at the bit to say it. The Rockstar announcement could have been a press release written weeks ago--particularly with regards to release schedule information, which changes all the time for games by all publishers.

Night Crawler
10-05-06, 00:20
My point exactly ;)AND MINE!! :p

*Sigh*

I'm sick of arguing! I'm not even getting a PS3 rofl and I find the GTA series kind repetative now.

I'm more of a Wii fanboy really, I just love a good argument! ;)

wlodi
10-05-06, 02:08
Can you confirm if GTA4 will be also Vista-only exclusive? I think it will be, but I'm not sure. MS sucks as usual...

TombRaiderLover
10-05-06, 06:42
I hate it when they only release games on certain consoles. :(