PDA

View Full Version : Alan Wake 360 and PC only?

illuminati30
10-05-06, 12:14
I just watched a trailer saying this. I have been following the PS3 games, and i thought this was going to be one of them? :confused:

t-unit
10-05-06, 12:16
That's correct.

MiCkiZ88
10-05-06, 12:25
huh.. one year ago they said It's for ps3,xbox360 and ps3..

ok now whats with the lets just make it for xbox360 exclusive, ps3 sucs method? :confused:

interstellardave
10-05-06, 12:35
huh.. one year ago they said It's for ps3,xbox360 and ps3..

ok now whats with the lets just make it for xbox360 exclusive, ps3 sucs method? :confused:

Microsoft is now publishing it, so it makes perfect sense.

Spitfire
10-05-06, 12:38
its ok, i'll upgrade my comp instead of getting a 360, all the better games are comming out for PC aswell anyways so i dont see a big reason to get a 360, just use that money to upgrade your graphics card and ram.

interstellardave
10-05-06, 12:41
its ok, i'll upgrade my comp instead of getting a 360, all the better games are comming out for PC aswell anyways so i dont see a big reason to get a 360, just use that money to upgrade your graphics card and ram.

I fully expect MS to take steps to reverse this trend. If not, they're making a big mistake. The PC cross-over issue seems to be a bigger thorn in their side than Sony is! If I was Bill I'd say: NO Halo 3 for PC, just for starters.

Spitfire
10-05-06, 13:06
Not going to happen, they have to apeal to gamers who dont want to buy another console, like me :D
Plus it makes them more money and makes people buy PC = more money toward microsoft.

Plus they already plan on releasing Halo 2 for the PC Windows Vista so i expect Halo 3 to do the same 2 to 3 years after the xbox 360 release.

they try and handle this "cross over problem" by creating a large time gap to make those who really want it that bad to get the Console, if they dont it means they rather wait for the PC version or not play it at all, why would they pass up on those people when they can just export the game later on to the PC increase sales.

illuminati30
10-05-06, 13:16

That is good for some, but not all. My PC couldnt even run Legend, and i hate playing games on the PC.

MiCkiZ88
10-05-06, 13:17
That is good for some, but not all. My PC couldnt even run Legend, and i hate playing games on the PC.
same with me.. I'm a console boy for ever :D

illuminati30
10-05-06, 13:17
I fully expect MS to take steps to reverse this trend. If not, they're making a big mistake. The PC cross-over issue seems to be a bigger thorn in their side than Sony is! If I was Bill I'd say: NO Halo 3 for PC, just for starters.

Does this really matter Dave? Is the money not going to them either way? You could also look at the PC cross over giving the 360 and edge over other consoles.

interstellardave
10-05-06, 13:21
Does this really matter Dave? Is the money not going to them either way? You could also look at the PC cross over giving the 360 and edge over other consoles.

Well you're right about that... PC to XBox 360 cross-overs will actually help the 360 in relation to the PS3! I think we'll see more such crossovers to the 360 than the PS3 if current trends hold.

illuminati30
10-05-06, 13:24
Well you're right about that... PC to XBox 360 cross-overs will actually help the 360 in relation to the PS3! I think we'll see more such crossovers to the 360 than the PS3 if current trends hold.

Its one reason i like the 360. Games like oblivion etc. I think its great, there are so many good PC games out there, that I have always wanted to play. If people buy it for 360 or PC they will make money either way, right???? It gives more people greater access to PC games. If they do this more often, MS could defo lead the way console wise.

interstellardave
10-05-06, 13:31
I'm really looking forward to Battle For Middle Earth 2 for the 360... can't wait!

illuminati30
10-05-06, 14:01
I'm really looking forward to Battle For Middle Earth 2 for the 360... can't wait!

LOL and you just said they shouldnt have cross over. See it does work :D

Each player has to bring something different. I really think that the PC cross over could be the very thing that MS should bring to the party.

interstellardave
10-05-06, 14:20
LOL and you just said they shouldnt have cross over. See it does work :D

Each player has to bring something different. I really think that the PC cross over could be the very thing that MS should bring to the party.

Well what I meant is that MS could sell more 360's if they have something big on it that isn't available anywhere else. They may make the money off PC sales anyway, but they lose that magic "exclusive" that Sony always has! When Sony has an "exclusive" you'll usually have to own their system to play it because it'll never come out on PC, but for MS "exclusives" some people will always think, "well I'll just wait for the PC version".

illuminati30
10-05-06, 14:34
Well what I meant is that MS could sell more 360's if they have something big on it that isn't available anywhere else. They may make the money off PC sales anyway, but they lose that magic "exclusive" that Sony always has! When Sony has an "exclusive" you'll usually have to own their system to play it because it'll never come out on PC, but for MS "exclusives" some people will always think, "well I'll just wait for the PC version".

This is true, although i still think it could give the console an edge over the PS3 concerning console gamers. I am guessing the majority dont play games usually on the PC although i could be wrong. Plus how many people will have a PC powerful enough to run these games.

They can choose to loose out a bit for those who wish to play on PC, or choose to loose out to competitors. I am sure it will work both ways. Some Xbox games will be ported to PC, but also some PC games will be ported to Xbox, and for console players, thats really something!