PDA

View Full Version : Easy PS2 cleaning.

Thorn
10-05-06, 12:54
To make your PS2 work like brand new and end the disc read errors you just need to clean the lens. Make sure you have the proper tools. I can just say you should have a philips screw driver, a super small philips, q-tip, and a container so you don't lose the screws. Just wanted to give those with disk read errors this link because it really helped me. This is the most understandable guide I could find. I followed the steps carefully and took my time. Now my PS2 works like new, yay! :D So don't buy a new one if you don't need to.

Btw don't try opening your PS2 if it's still under waranty because you can send it back for cleaning. If it's not anymore then it's ok. If you're young and can't figure it out you could ask a parent to help. Can you tell I'm very happy? :yah:

http://www.marcosmoreno.org/ps2/ps2.htm

edit: Btw if your PS2 model isn't the same it doesn't matter because it still opens the same. :)

Spitfire
10-05-06, 13:00
I think im ready to try this cause certain games just dont seem to work on mine and ive had it since the first launch.

Lenochka
10-05-06, 13:17
awwwwwww thorn your a life saver ^^

i was so scared that my PS2 would get all dusty and have trouble reading discs back before legend. I ended up being so scared i literally plastic wrapped it put it in a box next to my T.V. and didnt open it until the PS2 demo. XD

MiCkiZ88
10-05-06, 13:19
phew.. I thin kI need to clen my ps2 aswell.. gta san andreas doesn't work so good as it used to.. :D

Melonie Tomb Raider
10-05-06, 13:58
Yes, this is a very good tip! I've saved soooo many PS2's from the junkyard by telling my friends about this method. It's pretty simple too, and very easy. :)

ILG49ers
10-05-06, 14:37
That's a great tip! :tmb: My brother has done this a couple of times for my PS2. :)

spence
10-05-06, 15:23
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v151/Spence1138/WASHING20CLOTHES202.jpg

Lenochka
10-05-06, 15:25
XD spence XD

Thorir
10-05-06, 15:28
That looks difficult!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Lenochka
10-05-06, 15:33
ooooooooh snapppp! I have the new thin PS2's i wonder if there built to not have to clean the lense... hmmmm... if not this guide might not work for mine that sucks...

Thorn
10-05-06, 15:38
ooooooooh snapppp! I have the new thin PS2's i wonder if there built to not have to clean the lense... hmmmm... if not this guide might not work for mine that sucks...
Mine isn't the same model either but it does work. :) No worries.

Lenochka
10-05-06, 15:44
Mine isn't the same model either but it does work. :) No worries.

really ^^ thanks for confirming this for me thorn ^^

Geck-o-Lizard
10-05-06, 15:56
Tried this on my friend's PS2 a couple of years back... she'd got an early model and it had worn out fast. Worked great for a few weeks, then it went back to its old state because she kept the PS2 in a dusty corner of her room. Moral: clean PS2 only if you plan on keeping it clean! Else it's a pointless and neverending struggle against the dust. ;)

Lenochka
10-05-06, 17:06
yeah i covor mine with a plastic bad so no way of letting dust in...