PDA

View Full Version : Would you like a CHAT function ?

scion05
10-05-06, 15:10
Hi...

a weird but Good question just caught my mind...
would you like a chat section at the top... i mean
like a JAVA chat.... ive seen them on forums before and
they could be really cool :)

i think itd be cool :)

amlai
10-05-06, 15:14
Sound interesting.

Edit: Although i don't know about "in the top".

scion05
10-05-06, 15:18
I mean where it says FAQ member list etc :p

amlai
10-05-06, 15:25
i see, well i think it still interesting :)

deepbluesea
10-05-06, 15:26
I think it'd be a great idea as long as its moderated and the mod do have a hard enough job already

Kamrusepas
10-05-06, 15:27
It would be interesting, but hard to maintain, I think :)

scion05
10-05-06, 15:29
I think it'd be a great idea as long as its moderated and the mod do have a hard enough job already

i do it :p and i think a filter could be used :p

deepbluesea
10-05-06, 15:31
You a MOD don't make me laugh, you've been banned too many times you'd probably have to ban yourself

wordlife091
10-05-06, 15:31
ye i agree thay would be good

scion05
10-05-06, 15:32
You a MOD don't make me laugh, you've been banned too many times you'd probably have to ban yourself

lol

id set myself one of those ban messages lmao

Scion you have been banned .... ask yourself why :D

Jacob x5
10-05-06, 15:32
The General Chat forum, the Open Chat thread, and the PM system seem to be enough to 'chat' with. In addition to that you have the option to display your email addresses and instant messenger addresses in your profile and next to each of your posts.

wordlife091
10-05-06, 15:33
lol:D but it true

deepbluesea
10-05-06, 15:33
Scion you have been banned .... ask yourself why :D

then spend the next hour trying to work it out

scion05
10-05-06, 15:34
then spend the next hour trying to work it out

hehe :D

and for the record ive been banned 2-3 times :p
not for anything serious tho :p

jamieoliver22
10-05-06, 15:34
I did offer to set up an IRC chat room for TRF and TRC. I PMed Justin about it and he said that it would be just too much work to moderate and would take intrest out of the forums (which I would think it would be slightly better seening as it would take some strain off the server).

If any of the admins change their minds and would like me to set up an IRC chatroom (aswell as the Java appalet to connect to), please feel free to drop me a PM :D

Jamie.

deepbluesea
10-05-06, 15:35
sorry went off topic I think It'd be a great idea why don't you PM tlr online about it

scion05
10-05-06, 15:35
I did offer to set up an IRC chat room for TRF and TRC. I PMed Justin about it and he said that it would be just too much work to moderate and would take intrest out of the forums (which I would think it would be slightly better seening as it would take some strain off the server).

If any of the admins change their minds and would like me to set up an IRC chatroom (aswell as the Java appalet to connect to), please feel free to drop me a PM :D

Jamie.

wow thatd be wicked :D

Thorn
10-05-06, 15:42
Yea another forum I visit has a chat as well. People don't really use it because they like the forums the most. But we schedule a time to meet up in the chat just to have a nice conversation usually at night so it's a fun addition. :) It doesn't take away from their forums at all.

laracroft2122
10-05-06, 16:24
Hello People,

BIG hint in our name - Tomb Raider FORUMS - We want fourms, not chats

scion05
10-05-06, 16:25
Hello People,

BIG hint in our name - Tomb Raider FORUMS - We want fourms, not chats

so ? its just something for a bit of fun.... i know yoo probs wont remember
but on the old software we had games up there :p

Lara Lover
10-05-06, 16:27
It would be a nice addition to the forums if we did have a Chat section but, We've got the Open Chat Thread ;)

:tmb:

laracroft2122
10-05-06, 16:28
so ? its just something for a bit of fun.... i know yoo probs wont remember
but on the old software we had games up there :p

Scion, we can't have a search because of the strain on the server, how the hell would games go up again

AND it will probably be even more HARDER work for mods and admins and MORE strain on the server

There is about 15 of them and over 19,000 of us!

scion05
10-05-06, 16:28
It would be a nice addition to the forums if we did have a Chat section but, We've got the Open Chat Thread ;)

:tmb:

hehe i still dislike that thread lol :p
not for any particular reason lol.... just whenever i post i seem
to get ignored lol!

Capt. Murphy
10-05-06, 16:57
I wouldn't be so worried about the load on the server as I would be stumbling into a discussion about something nasty.

Titanium
10-05-06, 17:22
Well I think if we did have a chat room, it can only be one which a Mod or Admin can open. Then the ADMIN/MOD moderates it and then stops the chat room when the mod is done moderating it :)

RoseTyler
10-05-06, 17:42
I think a chatroom would be cool :p

-DEBUG
10-05-06, 17:49
We have General Chat, The Open Chat Thread (:D and Lara Lover :D) plus the MSN Messenger symbols I don't think its at all necessary.

Lara Lover
10-05-06, 17:50
We have General Chat, The Open Chat Thread (:D and Lara Lover :D) plus the MSN Messenger symbols I don't think its at all necessary.

:D

angelika
10-05-06, 17:51
Come on people! Like Jacob said, what else do you need?
This is a forum about TR. Besides that there's a general chat forum and particularly a general chat thread! Other than that take it to pms.

What will you people ask next? To start dating each other?

If this forum doeasn't work for you I believe there are plenty chat rooms to get what you want.

-DEBUG
10-05-06, 17:51
:p whoah, just saw the post amount on it, we created a monster! :p

-DEBUG
10-05-06, 17:52
Come on people! Like Jacob said, what else do you need?
This is a forum about TR. Besides that there's a general chat forum and particularly a general chat thread! Other than that take it to pms.

What will you people ask next? To start dating each other?

If this forum doeasn't work for you I believe there are plenty chat rooms to get what you want.

Very well said :tmb:

RoseTyler
10-05-06, 17:56
Very well said :tmb:

I don't think so. Nothing wrong with a chatroom, after all, how slow are PM's compared to instant messaging?

My friends Doctor Who website has a chatroom and we all meet up in there on saturday evenings after DW. Its great!

angelika
10-05-06, 18:08
I honestly don't know how the DW website works but I think in this forum this is not the issue.
There are thousands of members all around the world.
Don't you think it's practically impossible to arrange meetings every now and then.
Is there sth you can't do around here?
If the problem is speed why don't you give your number to those you want and call each other. There's nothing faster than that!!!!!

Nephili
10-05-06, 18:33
Hmm maybe, it could be cool, im trying to work out if it would be better or worst.

conorcroft2001
11-05-06, 15:15
I certainly am one for a chatroom ;)

Conor

Real Life Lara
11-05-06, 20:01
...theres a thought, everyone, get on msn, start a giant TRF group chat. :p It could be interesting... just put your names as your username :whi:

Pipolinne
11-05-06, 20:26
Only if I had a masochistic attraction for spam :rolleyes:!

Kamrusepas
11-05-06, 20:27
Only if I had a masochistic attraction for spam :rolleyes:!

Agreed :vlol:

CerebralAssassin
12-05-06, 01:15
I honestly can't think of what's wrong with the PM system isn't that enough,and the open chat thread :confused:

CroftsKid
12-05-06, 06:43
totally!

Punaxe
12-05-06, 15:15

Jamie.

Agreeing with scion05, that'd be wicked :D

Imo these forums are a tad too crowded which makes being involved almost like a dayjob :D. A chat thingie would be good, as it's just a 1) get in 2) chat 3) be involved kind of thing, whenver you want. And, IRC rocks Java stuff :P Can always have an online IRC client on the site.
My two cents... :)