PDA

View Full Version : Eurovision - Finals

Anubis_AF
14-05-06, 19:10
Who's watching the finals in few days? Serbia & Montenegro isn't participating which is why Croatia is in our place, in the finals. I'm not sure who am I going to be with; Greece, Croatia, Spain or Bosnia.
What about you?

FourBalls
14-05-06, 19:11
I would...But I won't be home.
Going to Finland on Friday and coming back very late on Sunday :p

Kamrusepas
14-05-06, 19:12
I know who won't win :whi:

Have fun in Finland btw, Miss Acidpants :D :tmb:

Lara Lover
14-05-06, 19:13
When is the actually night on in the UK? I enjoy watching it :)

FourBalls
14-05-06, 19:14
I know who won't win :whi:

Have fun in Finland btw, Miss Acidpants :D :tmb:
Lol :D

I'm sure I will :)

VonCroy360
14-05-06, 19:14
I don't know... Some years I watch it, some years I don't...
I heard there was lot of trouble in your selection between Serbia & Montenegro... Some kind of a fight... and that now you're splitting up...

As for this year: I don't like any of the songs, but I would love to have UK as a winner because of their lyrics... :)

Pipolinne
14-05-06, 19:16
I'll watch it :).

Anubis_AF
14-05-06, 19:18
I would...But I won't be home.
Going to Finland on Friday and coming back very late on Sunday :p

They don't have TVs over there? :p

ace_85
14-05-06, 19:25
The British contestant is a laughable rap act, seriously lame. When I heard the song I just cringed, but I'm sure he thinks he's 'keeping it real'. Keep an eye out for him, I guarantee it will make you smile :D

I sense another 'nil points' on the horizon for us...

FourBalls
14-05-06, 19:25
They don't have TVs over there? :p
I'm sure they do. :p
But I won't bothered to watch the semi-final. And when the final show is on TV, I'll be heading back home.
Maybe I can find a TV on the ship though...

saray
14-05-06, 19:35
i'm gonna watch it. come on england!!! though finlands entry is really good :D

tha_mattster
14-05-06, 19:35
OMG someone give us brits votes.

Wait until you see our entry. It is a pop/rap song with children dressed as school girls dancing around a person who can only be described as a 40 year old male tramp. And it isnt even catchy.

Timy226
14-05-06, 19:37
I hate Eurovision and OMFG What is our entry! HAve you seen it its the biggest piece of crap ever! Nill Pwa onece again. ALthough i dont care. We are hated throughout Europe so will never win.

tha_mattster
14-05-06, 19:40
Well if Scotland entered seperatly we would beat england/UK. Its england that is unpopular not wales/n.ireland/scotland.

part of the problem is that all those countries in the east vote for each other and that keeps all the points in that region. We are geographically isolated, our only friend is ireland. The UK should enter different songs for each country then we could for for each other.

ChocChipCookie
14-05-06, 19:41
I haven't heard/seen our entry yet. But something tells me I'm not missing much :p But I'll no doubt watch the final, I usually do :)

sweetPoison
OMG someone give us brits votes.

Wait until you see our entry. It is a pop/rap song with children dressed as school girls dancing around a person who can only be described as a 40 year old male tramp. And it isnt even catchy.

LOL:vlol:

We are never giong to win!!!! I just don't know why they hate us so much!:(

Maybe we do really suck!!:o

Come on, vote for us........not!:D

Thorir
I like the Icelandic and Russian songs!

The Icelandic one is extremely catchy, I can't get it out of my head! :hea:
Aaargh!

VonCroy360
14-05-06, 19:43
UK isn't unpopular...

It's second on the list of most winning countries...

Though I did read somewhere that they speak of UK as big losers: many times good songs, but almost never good enough; 15 second places! :)

Well I like your lyrics...
And if you think your song is bad, you haven't heard ours... It's one of the worst songs in my life...

Timy226
14-05-06, 19:44
LOL:vlol:

We are never giong to win!!!! I just don't know why they hate us so much!:(

Maybe we do really suck!!:o

Come on, vote for us........not!:D

Because the of the 'great' British empire basically, we messed up alot o places, especially Ireland! God knows why they side with us in Eurovision. The english ruined Ireland and cuased all this stuff going on there. History lesson for ya :D

Anubis_AF
14-05-06, 19:45
@ FourBalls: Semi finals already passed. They were on 11th. The finals are on 20th.

tha_mattster
14-05-06, 19:45
did you hear about that strange one? I saw it on the news, I think it was Finland. Its a bunch of mid life crisis men dressed as demon warriors. Apparently there was a big debate and people didnt want to let them enter because they are satanist or something.

VonCroy360
14-05-06, 19:46
Part of the problem is that all those countries in the east vote for each other and that keeps all the points in that region. We are geographically isolated, our only friend is ireland. The UK should enter different songs for each country then we could for for each other.

Yeah I know, it always happens between Croatia, Macedonia, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Serbia and Montenegro...

FourBalls
14-05-06, 19:56
@ FourBalls: Semi finals already passed. They were on 11th. The finals are on 20th.

Huh? :confused:
When was I then?
I always thought they were going to be on the 19th. And the finals on the 20th.
Ahh...Well.
I think I'll pass this year :p

Anubis_AF
14-05-06, 20:00
We were so close last year, but Ruslana had to win :p

Part of the problem is that all those countries in the east vote for each other and that keeps all the points in that region. We are geographically isolated, our only friend is ireland. The UK should enter different songs for each country then we could for for each other. Western Europe does that too. Swizerland, Norway, Denmark, Iceland, Ireland, Sweden..

Paul H
14-05-06, 20:10
UK isn't unpopular...

It's second on the list of most winning countries...

That was all before Blair. He is the reason the UK is so hated.

sweetPoison
14-05-06, 20:13
Lol!!
I guess that is another reason for hating him!!

tha_mattster
14-05-06, 20:22
Lol!!
I guess that is another reason for hating him!!

lol top 5 reasons for hating blair:

5. ruining transport
4. ruining education
3. being freinds with bush
2. invading countries
1. loosing eurovision

lol I wonder if that actually matters for some people :D

sweetPoison
14-05-06, 20:24
Actually I hate Livingstone for the bloody transport!!!!
Do you know that a one-week bus pass now costs £13.50!!!
What a rip-off!!
I am definitely feeling poor now!!!!!!!!1

RAID
14-05-06, 20:24
Cheering for Malta here :D

Eleanna123
14-05-06, 20:27
did you hear about that strange one? I saw it on the news, I think it was Finland. Its a bunch of mid life crisis men dressed as demon warriors. Apparently there was a big debate and people didnt want to let them enter because they are satanist or something.

I saw that one on the news. They look like the Predator or something. Very creepy!!

tha_mattster
14-05-06, 20:30
Cheering for Malta here :D

where is malta? is it between spain and italy, in the sea?

Damjan
14-05-06, 20:35
UK isn't unpopular...

And if you think your song is bad, you haven't heard ours... It's one of the worst songs in my life...

Why do u hate it? I think a majority of Yugoslavs will vote for Severina. The song is quite catchy, and Seve is a huge movie star here as well :vlol:

Tomb Raider Master
14-05-06, 20:44
Damjan:
movie star
:mis:

ELEN
14-05-06, 20:48
I'll watch it. I usually watch the Eurovision finals when Greece has a decent song. This time I have one more reason. I want to see what we have organized.

Eleanna123
14-05-06, 20:48
where is malta? is it between spain and italy, in the sea?

Hmm Malta is underneath Italy.
http://www.malta-map.com/maltese_islands/europe/666463/europe_malta_map_location.gif

Eleanna123
14-05-06, 20:49
I'll watch it. I usually watch the Eurovision finals when Greece has a decent song. This time I have one more reason. I want to see what we have organized.

True, true. Although I don't like "Everything" very much.

jarhead
14-05-06, 20:50
i doubt we will win- i feel another nill point comming along

Zip
14-05-06, 20:51
uk do rubbish we got no points for 2 yrs now no one likes us :mad: :mad:

VonCroy360
14-05-06, 21:00
Why do u hate it? I think a majority of Yugoslavs will vote for Severina. The song is quite catchy, and Seve is a huge movie star here as well :vlol:

Yes, it's true, but just because some people rather vote for their neighbours than for the good performers...

Btw, by saying yugoslavs, you probably meant citizens of former Yugoslavia; because none of the yugoslavias are there anymore. The first one was gone in 1991. and the second one in 2003.

tha_mattster
14-05-06, 21:13
Hmm Malta is underneath Italy.
http://www.malta-map.com/maltese_islands/europe/666463/europe_malta_map_location.gif

didnt realise it was so far south!

Takamoto
14-05-06, 21:19
No one here likes the Romanian song ?

Thorir
14-05-06, 21:47
No one here likes the Romanian song ?

I do. :)

Romania, Russia and Iceland are good.

Nicky
14-05-06, 21:55
I always thought they were going to be on the 19th. And the finals on the 20th.
Semi-finals are on the 18th and the finals on the 20th :)

I haven't heard any of the songs so far. I'm looking forward to watching/hearing the irish song because I love Brian Kennedy :) As for our entry... I prefer not to make any comments :whi:

Pipolinne
14-05-06, 22:26
I prefer not to comment the Portuguese one,too!

That group is not even known here!!:hea:

ELEN
14-05-06, 22:38
I prefer not to make any comments :whi:

LOL! Now that makes three of us :p (along with Eleanna). I don't say that it's totally rubish, but the procedure of selecting the song was!

Nicky
14-05-06, 22:54
To be absolutely honest, I hate our song :rolleyes: :D We had a chance this year that the contest is held here, to send a genuinely greek song with pure greek rhythm, orchestration and lyrics, so as to show what Greece can really do music-wise. But instead we just ditched that chance and decided to follow western models - and it's not even good taste imitation.

Lara Croft!
14-05-06, 23:08
I don't like Everything either!It's nothing special!A simple ballad....But we won last year,so I don't mind!

Pipolinne
14-05-06, 23:09
I'm very sorry to disappoint you, but ours is worst than yours,Nicky,Elen and Eleana!

Non-Stop look like a terrorist group,which target is the good-taste! They always wear rags,they sing awfully, the song has nothing to do with Portugal;instead,they kinda of try to say some words in english according to the rythm :(!

Paperdoll
14-05-06, 23:50
I'm very sorry to disappoint you, but ours is worst than yours,Nicky,Elen and Eleana!

Non-Stop look like a terrorist group,which target is the good-taste! They always wear rags,they sing awfully, the song has nothing to do with Portugal;instead,they kinda of try to say some words in english according to the rythm :(!

Amen!!! It's things like these that give us a bad name :(
*thinks of making a terrorist attack against Non-Stop*

angelika
15-05-06, 06:58
Like Elen,Nicky and Laracroft! said I don't like the greek song either.

I 'm surprised who voted in favour since everyone I know so far doesn't like it.
Although I live in the hosting city, I believe we trashed our chances.
Any point taken will be out of honouring the hosting country. If we get any.
I guess all our efforts stoped the day we won.
On the other hand the preparations for the show look very promising.

Anubis_AF
15-05-06, 17:23
The song is quite catchy, and Seve is a huge movie star here as well :vlol:

We all loooove her acting talent :tmb:
Oh God I'm naughty.
But seriously, Severina rocks. She always has and always will.
Kakva bre Rozga, Severina je zakon :cool:

Anubis_AF
15-05-06, 17:24
To be absolutely honest, I hate our song :rolleyes: :D We had a chance this year that the contest is held here, to send a genuinely greek song with pure greek rhythm, orchestration and lyrics, so as to show what Greece can really do music-wise. But instead we just ditched that chance and decided to follow western models - and it's not even good taste imitation.

Oh come on. Give Anna a break. I'm sure if the song has been in Greek it would've been way better.

RAID
15-05-06, 17:36
I used to hate our song too. But after I listened to it a couple of times I changed my mind. Now it's one of the best three in my opinion. In case you're wondering the other 2 are, Romania - Tornero and Swizteland - If we all give a little.

Damjan
15-05-06, 17:45
I love Anna Vissi but I don't like the song... It's too ordinary. And not "Greeky" :D I've heard other songs that were nominated, and (I might be wrong, can't remember!) they were all electric pop songs... No greek stuff! I don't think you'll win this year, but you probably wouldn't even if you had a terrific song. Helena DID rock last year :tmb:

I've heard most of the songs from this year's competition, and I must say that the competition isn't that tough like last year.. Unfortunately :( But I'm sure that Greeks did the greatest job at organizing, like you did with the Olympics.
I have to use this opportunity to say that I love your country and people very much, cause we're so alike (orthodox mostly, right :tmb:) and that I'm looking forward to this year's Eurosong (even though we're not participating :(). I'm sure it'll have that warm and domestic, but yet modern feeling to it!

Pipolinne
15-05-06, 17:46
Oh God I'm naughty.
Kakva bre Rozga, Severina je zakon :cool:

It seem you're all quite aware of Severina's talent :D!

Sincerly, I like the song,though the lyrics are crazy.

Paperdoll, conta comigo para te ajudar no ataque :D!

Anubis_AF
15-05-06, 17:51
Pipolinne, I know a talent when I see it :tea:

I have to use this opportunity to say that I love your country and people very much, cause we're so alike (orthodox mostly, right :tmb:) and that I'm looking forward to this year's Eurosong (even though we're not participating :(). I'm sure it'll have that warm and domestic, but yet modern feeling to it!

You said it all :tmb: It's a well known fact, Greek people have been so nice to us that they are loved all over Serbia.

MiCkiZ88
15-05-06, 18:34
I still can't beliave that lordi is in the eurovision song contest with hard rock hallelujah :(

RAID
15-05-06, 18:42
I still can't beliave that lordi is in the eurovision song contest with hard rock hallelujah :(
what's wrong with that? I know it's not eurovision style, but I heard the song, and it's good actually.

Tomb Raider Master
15-05-06, 20:14
Anubis:
Oh God I'm naughty.
Kakva bre Rozga, Severina je zakon :cool: :mis: :D

Yes, she does. In the beginning I was like "OMG, what song did we choose?!?", but now I'm completely OK with it. I'm very curious to see our result and how will other countries accept it. :) For the first time we have a cool, unusual song for Eurovision. :D :p

MiCkiZ88
15-05-06, 20:18
what's wrong with that? I know it's not eurovision style, but I heard the song, and it's good actually.
well.. might be... might be the best we had this year :p others were amateurs or oldies...