PDA

View Full Version : PS3 to be 450! And sony might pay for it!

Timy226
19-05-06, 18:09
According to Gamespot the Uk, the price wil be 450! that is pretty steap! Also an article on Gamespot discuss's evidence on how the Sony will be hurt from this huge price tag. Its intresting...

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6151425.html?sid=6151425

Sony is up **** creek without a paddle lol.

TrojanMan
19-05-06, 18:10
That's like $830 American isn't it? Good God.

Timy226
19-05-06, 18:12
No its $600 in America but the price is put up in pounds, $600 is alot to.

thompa89
19-05-06, 18:12
one other reason to not get this *"#@?=$?"* consle :p

Titanium
19-05-06, 18:15
Well its alot better then the £650 rumors that were going on a while back :o

Lara Lover
19-05-06, 18:16
Well its alot better then the 650 rumors that were going on a while back :o

True true. I'm going to get one because, I love Sony consoles. I've got PS1 and PS2 :)

My sister got the PS2 after the price droped then she give it to me for 50! So, I think I'm going to get the PS3 whenever the price drops! :p

Timy226
19-05-06, 18:16
The 360 is liek alot cheaper than the PS3 (150ish), and it can pack the same punch as the PS3 so sony need to re-think the price a bit.

MiCkiZ88
19-05-06, 18:17
I have to agree that it's alot.. we've got nuf of this.. or do you want to post more? I'm not on good mood now... And no.. I still aint convinced to buy another console...

Timy226
19-05-06, 18:19
Here aswell the cheaper version is stripped down of alot of features.

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6149552.html

Lara's Boy
19-05-06, 18:20
hmmm......that kinda sucks. I plan on getting one, but when the price goes down. I think the main reason it is so much is because of the blu-ray technology that allows it to play the HD dvds.....once blu-ray becomes more common I am sure the price will drop.

Mona Sax
19-05-06, 18:22
Much too expensive. I realize that even this price is lower than the production costs, but for a gaming console this is just ridiculous.

Volcano
19-05-06, 18:47
Well its alot better then the £650 rumors that were going on a while back :o
I think Xbox360 would have won at that rate!
Even still the price is still too expensce...250 - 275 is understandable but this!!!

Duff
19-05-06, 19:03
Hah! If they have any plan of acieving popularity with PS3, it would be wise to lower the price! My god that's alot of money for a console!

PirateRose
19-05-06, 19:08
PS3 reserved for the rich now I guess. I don't want to pull a loan out to get it but I want to play Heavenly Sword. T.T

This sux.

Elysia
19-05-06, 19:08
Golly. £450 is a little on the expensive side... good job I've been saving up! :D

(It's times like this when being in full time employment really pays off ;) Although I know I'll get disapproving looks from my mother when she notices I've (inevitably...) got one...)

interstellardave
19-05-06, 19:09
PS3 reserved for the rich now I guess. I don't want to pull a loan out to get it but I want to play Heavenly Sword. T.T

This sux.

Check my new topic out... Heavenly Sword has been delayed until 2007... perhaps that will make it easier to wait for a price drop!

Apofiss
19-05-06, 20:28
Im having a hunch it wont cost more than a 350 (at least standart version, that is if there'll be a cheaper standart at all... like smaller HDD, less extra accessories and etc)

scion05
19-05-06, 20:33
im never gonna buy one anyway with my ps2 probs
over the last 2 years :o

illuminati30
19-05-06, 20:57
Golly. £450 is a little on the expensive side... good job I've been saving up! :D

(It's times like this when being in full time employment really pays off ;) Although I know I'll get disapproving looks from my mother when she notices I've (inevitably...) got one...)

I could place a brand new console under the nose of my mother and she wouldnt notice. LOL dont it before. She just thinks they are all the same! Mothers eh!

Oh on topic, i would never pay that, they can take a flying **** to themselves

illuminati30
19-05-06, 21:00
Check my new topic out... Heavenly Sword has been delayed until 2007... perhaps that will make it easier to wait for a price drop!

BTW Dave you are right, you predicted a price like this.

Genocide
20-05-06, 01:41
if you think the prices are bad now, think ahead five years when PS4 will be due for release...now that machine will be expensive!

Tombreaper
20-05-06, 02:45
Yeah, why not not start a new thread here:mad: Something like:

Do you hate Sony yes/no.

Many people forget the mass market gaming business we now all love, was made possible by Sony (no, it wasn't Nintendo, because back then, at the early nineties, gaming wasn't mass market yet, it was more near dead)
Sony introduced the PlayStation, and because of Nintendo's mistakes, like piessing (-e) of important developers and by simply turning down the CD, developers jumped onto the PlayStation.
Because of the incredible capabilities, like real time 3D graphics and popular Arcade games running on PS, it became rapidly a huge success, because developers finally could make games they were dreaming of.
Because of this succes, the former rather small developers had finally the opportunity to grow, and not just, but really huge and powerful companies, all thanks to PlayStation.
Namco, Konami, Square, Core Design (think Tomb Raider here, most of the games were sold on PS), Capcom etc.etc. all made big money because of this, and still do.
The combined installed userbase of PS1 & 2 together is near 200.000.000,
so Sony can make or take the gaming business.
Don't forget about that before putting Sony down, thanks to Sony you can happy play on your Wii, or Xb360, without PlayStation, these machines wouldn't even excist.

Damjan
20-05-06, 11:09
^^ well said :tmb:

Betal
20-05-06, 11:59
OMG. That's 4500:- in sweden

MiCkiZ88
20-05-06, 12:02
Yeah, why not not start a new thread here:mad: Something like:

Do you hate Sony yes/no.

Many people forget the mass market gaming business we now all love, was made possible by Sony (no, it wasn't Nintendo, because back then, at the early nineties, gaming wasn't mass market yet, it was more near dead)
Sony introduced the PlayStation, and because of Nintendo's mistakes, like piessing (-e) of important developers and by simply turning down the CD, developers jumped onto the PlayStation.
Because of the incredible capabilities, like real time 3D graphics and popular Arcade games running on PS, it became rapidly a huge success, because developers finally could make games they were dreaming of.
Because of this succes, the former rather small developers had finally the opportunity to grow, and not just, but really huge and powerful companies, all thanks to PlayStation.
Namco, Konami, Square, Core Design (think Tomb Raider here, most of the games were sold on PS), Capcom etc.etc. all made big money because of this, and still do.
The combined installed userbase of PS1 & 2 together is near 200.000.000,
so Sony can make or take the gaming business.
Don't forget about that before putting Sony down, thanks to Sony you can happy play on your Wii, or Xb360, without PlayStation, these machines wouldn't even excist.

Very well said.. thanks for clearing it up :tmb:

viper456
20-05-06, 15:17
Here aswell the cheaper version is stripped down of alot of features.

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6149552.html

OMG i was going to buy a 20gb version since i did not want to store music, videos extra media etc on my ps3 when i got it, i was even aware that it would not have Wifi and this didnt really botehr me but all the other stuff its missing has really annoyed me :@ its unfair! you should only be paying for memory not other features like memory stick input etc!