PDA

View Full Version : Legends is a disappointment

joanie
19-05-06, 18:12
Is it just me or is Legends a lot easier than previous tomb raider games.
I normally struggle to finish them but this was really easy and totally disappointing. I think it has been dumbed down to get younger players interested.

marcocatena
19-05-06, 18:13
Mod edit: Removed. Please refrain from insulting fellow members.

illuminati30
19-05-06, 18:14
Mod edit: Quote removed.

That is just plane rude!

joanie
19-05-06, 18:16
I dont know what that means

Volcano
Personally, i dont think it was a disapontment but a sucess.
Enough about me, yes Lengend was easier than TR1-6 but I think that the gamplay is great. I think you right about CD 'dumbing it down' to get others intreasted.
Overall it was a success IMO.:) :wve:

illuminati30
I normally struggle to finish them but this was really easy and totally disappointing. I think it has been dumbed down to get younger players interested.

You are right. Its a lot easier. I was really looking forward to this game, and i have had a hard time getting over the disappointment of it for me.

Ignore the first post, dont let it put you off, and welcome to the forum :wve:

Trigger_happy
19-05-06, 18:17
ys, legend is comsidered by many to be shorter and easier then other Trs, but it has entered new terratory and has relaunched Lara. I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Volcano
19-05-06, 18:18
Mod edit: Quote removed.

Please leave this thread!
Welcome to the forums joanie:D

marcocatena
19-05-06, 18:18
That is just plane rude!

I just hate people who dis tomb raider legned because it is diffrent! i think it was the best Tomb raider Game ever!!!

Volcano
19-05-06, 18:19
I just hate people who dis tomb raider legned because it is diffrent! i think it was the best Tomb raider Game ever!!!
That is still not an excuse to be rude to new members!:wve:

joanie
19-05-06, 18:19
Dont get me wrong I still enjoyed the game but I wanted it to go on for a lot longer, it was far too short.

illuminati30
19-05-06, 18:21

Thats ok, that is what YOU think. We dont all have to feel this way you know! Please dont be rude, there is no need for it. You might not agree with other peoples opinion, but you have to stand back and appreciate it, whether you like it or not.

marcocatena
19-05-06, 18:21
That is still not an excuse to be rude to new members!:wve:

Well ur SOZ!

joanie
19-05-06, 18:27
Sorry if I've upset you!!!!! However Legends just isnt as good as I expected it to be and having waited years for it to come out I cant help but feel cheated.

thevman
19-05-06, 18:31
Bye bye marco! :ton: Guess not all people can be grown up enough to have a conversation from opposing views without calling someone a name. Ban him! I don't agree with some people here either, but I don't call them names. I'm sure there are pleanty that don't agree with me either, they aren't being jerks to me.

Mona Sax
19-05-06, 18:32
Enough. Back on topic, please.

BigR4444
19-05-06, 18:38

This topic has been discussed enough.......Is Legend a lil on the easy side.....sure, but it makes up for this in all other area IMO

Cd has not been with us for the whole TR ride, and they underestimated hardcore TR fans' abilities to get through the game so quickly......they also dont want to turn off casual gamers by making very hard games which is the reason many people didnt like the original TR's........by making the game easier, they bring in new fans and sell more copies, which makes more money.....while this approch may annoy some, these companies are in the videogame biz to make money, not to satisfy ONLY hardcore TR fans.......

PirateRose
19-05-06, 18:46
This topic has been discussed enough.......

Face it, people are never going to stop discussing the same topics, especially when you can't search the lot of them.

Besides, how are new people going to know?

Joseph
19-05-06, 19:21
Legend is a pearl! :tmb: Maybe it is a bit on the simple side, but also very much on the beautifull side! I still haven't found all secrets as i am sorting all out myself (no help). I don't play everyday, and don't rush. I replay levels, enjoy the locations, the controls, as it is a fluid game. I guess it plays a role that i enjoy its full beauty in Next Generation @ 1600x1200. It hasn't bored me one second. :)

Titanium
19-05-06, 19:26
I definately agree with Joseph, it may be simple and easy. But for a first attempt this is brilliant from Crystal Dynamics :tmb:

Volcano
19-05-06, 19:44
Yeppy...its a great first attempt from CD, i must agree!:tmb:
well done

Tombreaper
19-05-06, 19:52
Legend is a pearl! :tmb: Maybe it is a bit on the simple side, but also very much on the beautifull side! I still haven't found all secrets as i am sorting all out myself (no help). I don't play everyday, and don't rush. I replay levels, enjoy the locations, the controls, as it is a fluid game. I guess it plays a role that i enjoy its full beauty in Next Generation @ 1600x1200. It hasn't bored me one second. :)

Yeah, I agree.
But I still have to get used to Zip, it keeps me busy the whole day and night.

Samsdad
19-05-06, 20:15
There has been a lot of back and forth about this topic. For the most part the discussion has been civil. There is a sticky thread that contains folk's recommendations for improving TR8 and it is a great place to view how others have felt and ways that the next game can be improved.

Welcome again.

Fraaadrik
19-05-06, 20:22
I think the game would have been much better if they kept the things they showed up at E3 and the content in the first and second trailer they released. I'm still satisfied though

aussie500
20-05-06, 01:41
l think the game was a good first attempt by CD and as an introduction to the new Lara, and yes l am expecting the next game to be longer although possibly it will not be any more difficult

keebz
20-05-06, 04:18
amen.