PDA

View Full Version : Would you ever say the L word to anyone?

RAID
19-05-06, 19:53
This is not the L word like calling a woman gay :p

But I was just wondering, would you ever tell someone the L word? Not someone you've been going out with for some time though... Maybe someone who's a friend of yours and you wanna make something else of your friendship... or someone you just happen to like.

Would you say that?

I don't think I would be able to. I'm afraid of rejections to be honest and then our friendship would start to fade or I'm afraid of scaring them off.

What about you?

Note: That I'm talking about a person whom you've known for sometime, or someone who is a close friend but you want your relationship to be more intmate but haven't gone out with. Not some random person whom you've seen for the first time :p

Legend of Lara
19-05-06, 19:56
You mean... L-
-- -- --O-
--------------V-
_____________E???
No... I think...

Lara's Boy
19-05-06, 19:57
No....I just can't do that.....

Edit: sorry, don't know why I was thinking of calling someone 'lover,' lol....forgive me :)

Laras Backpack
19-05-06, 19:57
It's huge risk. If it doesn't work out the friendship could be altered in many different ways. However, I would assume a friend would be sympathetic and let me down gently if they didn't feel the same way.
Then again, it could turn out to be one of the best decisions I'd ever made.
I'd take the risk. I couldn't live with myself if I didn't. :)

VonCroy360
19-05-06, 19:58
Sure, just be brave...
You never know, maybe that person feels the same way and if you don't tell it to him/her, he/she could go forever with someone else, and you would never know... :)

Legend of Lara
19-05-06, 19:59
I just made up my mind. Scroll down.

--

--

--

--

--

--

--

--

--

--

--

--

--

--

--

--

--

--

--

--

--

--

--

--

--

--

--

NO! NONONONONONONONO! IMPOSSIBLE! NOT POSSIBLE IN ANY FRIGGIN WAY!!!

Scottlee
19-05-06, 19:59
Of course I would say the L word! Best password you can use to get a woman into bed.

Janny
19-05-06, 20:00
I don't think I would be able to. I'm afraid of rejections to be honest and then our friendship would start to fade or I'm afraid of scaring them off.

Same with me. I'm damn scared of destroying a good friendship just because of that little annoying L :rolleyes:

Lara's Boy
19-05-06, 20:02
Same with me. I'm damn scared of destroying a good friendship just because of that little annoying L :rolleyes:

So true. "love" is such a fleeting emotion, it changes along with any change in things like faith, simple precepts that are discussed in philosophy....it is such an abstract way to describe a feeling that one can never be sure of. Why tell someone you love them if you can't understand the word itself? Anyway, that is just me. :wve:

RAID
19-05-06, 20:03
It's huge risk. If it doesn't work out the friendship could be altered in many different ways. However, I would assume a friend would be sympathetic and let me down gently if they didn't feel the same way.
Then again, it could turn out to be one of the best decisions I'd ever made.
I'd take the risk. I couldn't live with myself if I didn't. :)
It's arisk like you said.

But I don't agree 100% with the part you said "I would assume a friend would be sympathetic and let me down gently if they didn't feel the same way."

Yes they would I'm sure, but a rejection might create that awkwardness that starts to fade your friendship. I know cause it happened to a friend of mine.

But other than that, yours is a very good point :)

Kamrusepas
19-05-06, 20:03
I've said it to my best friend [female] many times.

RAID
19-05-06, 20:04
Of course I would say the L word! Best password you can use to get a woman into bed.
You could always use the back seat of your car :p

RAID
19-05-06, 20:06
So true. "love" is such a fleeting emotion, it changes along with any change in things like faith, simple precepts that are discussed in philosophy....it is such an abstract way to describe a feeling that one can never be sure of. Why tell someone you love them if you can't understand the word itself? Anyway, that is just me. :wve:
I agree. I think the best way to say "I Love You", is by showing it, although some people(including me sometimes) would love to hear it from a special someone...

T.Onix
19-05-06, 20:07
Yeah, the problem is how you get them OFF the bed after you used the L word.

Kamrusepas

It's because of people like you that I find it hard to trust anyone :rolleyes:

Lara's Boy
some people(including me sometimes) would love to hear it from a special someone...

I think that is just part of being human. However, I like to think that I don't need that from others, I am a typical Narciccistic Character though, so I am content knowing that I am all I need to feel whole. Once again, that is just me.....:)

Scottlee
19-05-06, 20:10
Yeah, the problem is how you get them OFF the bed after you used the L word.

Easy. You say "Let's go shop for baby clothes" :D

RAID
19-05-06, 20:11
I think that is just part of being human. However, I like to think that I don't need that from others, I am a typical Narciccistic Character though, so I am content knowing that I am all I need to feel whole. Once again, that is just me.....:)

I think like that sometimes, and just like you said, it's Human Nature to wanna hear it sometimes. Lately all I could think of is finding someone. I think I've had enough of the life of the single. :)

I know it might seem a little selfish of me Not being able to say it and all, but still there are a lot of ways to Love someone.

Of course to be honest, the best "I Love you" I could ever hear is from someone who you think you can build a strong and healthy relationship with. An Intimate relationship I mean :)

BoyTRaider
19-05-06, 20:15
Lol....and I'm still wondering what the heck is the word you're talking about. Love?:confused:

Legend of Lara
19-05-06, 20:23

Works every time. :D

CerebralAssassin
19-05-06, 20:34

:vlol:

Catapharact
19-05-06, 20:36
I said it and well...

*Shows nice little piece of metal on his hand thats soon to mean eternal connection.*

Its a risk I know, but its better to have loved and lost than neve to have loved at all. However there is a difference between creepiness and Love.

xMiSsCrOfTx
19-05-06, 20:49
Never said it. When I do, I want to really mean it.

Capt. Murphy
19-05-06, 21:10
Of course I would say the L word! Best password you can use to get a woman into bed.That statement irks me. Yes. I actually got angry reading that. It seems very sexist. But I can (being calm) ...picture that some people may be like that. "Easy".

I would hope I would never go so low as to revert to such cheap tactics. Sex should be secondary to a meaningful relationship. But if it's just a fling or for fun - then that is that/those person/s business.

That's my 2 cents.

As for the question at hand: Would I ever say it? I'd have to look deep within myself... Okay, this is an easy one since I already know the answer. ....I'll say it.

Someday. :pi:

Better not wait too late. :(

Kamrusepas
19-05-06, 21:13
That statement irks me. Yes. I actually got angry reading that. It seems very sexist.

Never thought I'd agree with you on something, but now I do :)

illuminati30
19-05-06, 21:14

Yeah Kam, i feel the same lol

Hypnosos
19-05-06, 21:15
Sure, why not.

CerebralAssassin
19-05-06, 21:16
Yeah..as long as we're not talking about religion, that capt. is cool ;)

illuminati30
19-05-06, 21:17
on topic, the love word hmm tricky. I find it hard to say. I really do, but I only say it if i mean it.

RAID
19-05-06, 21:19
I only say it if i mean it.
And it should never be in any other way I think. :) It's not a word to use as a joke or to get something you want IMO. :)

illuminati30
19-05-06, 21:21
And it should never be in any other way I think. :) It's not a word to use as a joke or to get something you want IMO. :)

I agree! :tmb:

What do you think thew worst reply could be?

'I love you!' 'oh emmm thank you'

RAID
19-05-06, 21:24
What do you think thew worst reply could be?

'I love you!' 'oh emmm thank you'
That would be rude, mean and hurtful. Although it sounds a bit funny :p It's much better to say something like "I'm flattered, but I just don't feel the same way, but I hope we can remain friends" or something like that.

illuminati30
That would be rude and mean. It's much better to say something like "I'm flattered, but I just don't feel the same way, but I hope we can remain friends" or something like that.

Are you thinking of taking a risk and telling someone?

CerebralAssassin
even ruder: "I know that" ;)

RAID
19-05-06, 21:26
Are you thinking of taking a risk and telling someone?
Ummm, well, to be honest not really, at least not yet... There is someone I might say it to though, in the future.

illuminati30
19-05-06, 21:28
Ummm, well, to be honest not really, at least not yet... There is someone I might say it to though, in the future.

You can tell me now, its ok! :tea:

No seriously thats good :tmb:

Volcano
19-05-06, 21:30
Tell us
Tell us
Tell us

RAID
19-05-06, 21:31

No pressure guys :p

illuminati30
19-05-06, 21:31
Tell us
Tell us
Tell us

awww nope timing has to be right, and errmmm location lol

RAID
19-05-06, 21:32
Oh, and another reply I really hate is "It's not you, it's me".

99% of the cases that really means it's you baby...

ELEN
19-05-06, 21:35
Why didn't you say from the beginning that the word is "love"? I couldn't understand until I read half of the posts. LOL!

It's not bad to tell someone you love him/ her, as long as you feel it. I don't understand why some of few would keep it a secret if you felt it, unless you are 100% sure that you are not gonna love for the rest of your life, which makes me think that your heart is colder than ice. If you feel it and the person really deserves it, why not telling him/ her? If the person doesn't deserve it, then you are stupid for being with him/ her and let yourself love someone who doesn't treat you well.

I understand that you can't say it quickly, but it's a matter of your heart.

Anyway, I have said it once and I haven't regreted it. It wasn't only me that gave something to this relationship. He also did and that was important.

illuminati30
19-05-06, 21:36
Oh, and another reply I really hate is "It's not you, it's me".

99% of the cases that really means it's you baby...

LOL

I have a video for you.

These videos are inspired by the totally ****ing excellent Gamecube 'Eternal Darkness'

Go here

http://www.eternaldarkness.com/films/movies1.jsp

Scroll down, click 'see more films' and then 'Dinner with Kip'

I love it lol

EDIT aww sorry guys it wont work anymore, real shame!

Titanium
19-05-06, 21:37
You mean... L-
-- -- --O-
--------------V-
_____________E???
No... I think...

Didnt that give it away Elen? :p

Elysia
19-05-06, 21:39
I have said it, many times.

Once in front of 200 witnesses.

Okay, so I was marrying the guy... ;)

Timy226
19-05-06, 21:43
I fel in Love with one of the greatest girls i know... i got talking to her etc, said it to her... unfortunetly she did not feel the same, but i got an amzing Best Friend out of it (took me a while to get over her but i did in time).

ELEN
19-05-06, 21:44
Didnt that give it away Elen? :p

Honestly, it didn't (and as I can see, I wasn't the only one). I saw the dashes and I thought that they were words. Anyway...

Shark_Blade
19-05-06, 22:02
Once I got the L word from a guy. He was one of my best friend and it was an awkward moment at that time. We were alone at that time he said the Lword to me. I was surprised and lost for words. I mean I like him too but not as a soul mate, to put it straight. I was quiet after that.

Well,our friendship kinda :cen: and I was confused and restless back then. We don't speak much after that, and after graduation I lost contact with him.:( Now I feel like I miss him and losing a friend for a reason like this is so stupid. I should have make it clear to him before, that no matter what I still accept him as my friend.:hea: :(

ah well, I didn't say the L word to my girlfriend yet. Probably gonna take more time.

illuminati30
19-05-06, 22:05
Once I got the L word from a guy. He was one of my best friend and it was an awkward moment at that time. We were alone at that time he said the Lword to me. I was surprised and lost for words. I mean I like him too but not as a soul mate, to put it straight. I was quiet after that.

Well,our friendship kinda :cen: and I was confused and restless back then. We don't speak much after that, and after graduation I lost contact with him.:( Now I feel like I miss him and losing a friend for a reason like this is so stupid. I should have make it clear to him before, that no matter what I still accept him as my friend.:hea: :(

Thats a sad story, i am sure you could sort it out though :tmb:

Legend of Lara
19-05-06, 22:58

ah well, I didn't say the L word to my girlfriend yet. Probably gonna take more time.

Are you male or female?

Shark_Blade
19-05-06, 23:05
Are you male or female?
I'm a male obviously XD XD :vlol:

Legend of Lara
19-05-06, 23:08
I'm a male obviously XD XD :vlol:

And a guy... said that... he loved you?
:eek:
Exuse me but I'm going to be violently ill and hijack a plane, fill it with explosives and crash it into a cliff.

Jacob x5
19-05-06, 23:11

:vlol: :D

Jacob x5
19-05-06, 23:14
Exuse me but I'm going to be violently ill and hijack a plane, fill it with explosives and crash it into a cliff.

Why?

Legend of Lara
19-05-06, 23:18
Why?

A guy... said that... to a... GUY!!!
Because of the dghdghdgh and the ughughughugh and the ick factor!!!

Shark_Blade
19-05-06, 23:19

That's why I was shocked and confused at that time.But now I'm more open and see the world as a whole.

I got gay friends and I'm all right with that. I'm friends with anybody,even the headmaster and the maids at school. We stood as equal,respecting each other.
And still I accept him as my friend to be honest.Just hope I cross path with him again and tell him everything and set things back.:(

Today 23:05
No need to be rude, he is my friend after all :mad:

Shark_Blade
19-05-06, 23:21
A guy... said that... to a... GUY!!!
Because of the dghdghdgh and the ughughughugh and the ick factor!!!
read the above post please:mad:

Legend of Lara
19-05-06, 23:23
Sorry Shark_Blade. I'm just not ready for such a big step yet.
PS: I was practising if someone would say it to me. :D

Catlantean
19-05-06, 23:26
Only if I really felt love for the person. And was really, really sure they felt the same way.

Shark_Blade
19-05-06, 23:32
Maybe people are confused by my posts before, so let me clear things up:

I've got a girlfriend and I'm straight

Legend of Lara
19-05-06, 23:38
Maybe people are confused by my posts before, so let me clear things up:

I've got a girlfriend and I'm straight

And I understand that yes. That guy was obviously either drunk, stupid or just plain gay but not you! And good luck with your girlfriend. Hope things are going well. :D
PS: That was entirely out of place right?

illuminati30
19-05-06, 23:39

Why dont you do that, just make sure nobody else is on board :vlol:

ELEN
19-05-06, 23:45
Shark_Blade, are you sure he didn't tell you as a good friend? I love my best friend (who is a "she") and I have told her many times how much I love her, because we have gone through many things together.

Shark_Blade
19-05-06, 23:49
Shark_Blade, are you sure he didn't tell you as a good friend? I love my best friend (who is a "she") and I have told her many times how much I love her, because we have gone through many things together.

Nope. This isn't the usual "I love you as a friend"
This is a serious "I love you and wanna have sex with you".

I wanted us to stay friends but sadly I was in total shock that time I didn't say a thing.:(

illuminati30
19-05-06, 23:53
Nope. This isn't the usual "I love you as a friend"
This is a serious "I love you and wanna have sex with you".

I wanted us to stay friends but sadly I was in total shock that time I didn't say a thing.:(

Well as long as he just said he loved you and didnt do anything about it, then that is fine. You should take it as a compliment. You should try and sort it out also, he probably feels awful!

Dont listen to the likes of Legend of Lara, that kind of attitude is disgusting, but i guess he is only 12 after all.

Legend of Lara
19-05-06, 23:55
Dont listen to the likes of Legend of Lara, that kind of attitude is disgusting, but i guess he is only 12 after all.

I use humor as a defence mechanism. Get used to it.

CerebralAssassin
19-05-06, 23:56
maybe this is just me...but I feel really weird when I tell someone of the same sex "I love you", it feels really awkward..even with my dad..I don't know maybe I'm not used to it:D

illuminati30
19-05-06, 23:57

I have a good sense of humor thank you very much. Is anybody laughing at your remark? No!

Legend of Lara
19-05-06, 23:59
I have a good sense of humor thank you very much. Is anybody laughing at your remark? No!

I didn't say good humor!

Shark_Blade
20-05-06, 00:00
Well as long as he just said he loved you and didnt do anything about it, then that is fine. You should take it as a compliment. You should try and sort it out also, he probably feels awful!
I know, I feel bad now. He must have thought I ditch him after all that:(

I realized that too.So I didn't elaborate more with him.:)

Some humor you got there.

ILG49ers
20-05-06, 00:01
I would have no problem telling a close friend that I love them :)

illuminati30
20-05-06, 00:03
I didn't say good humor!

Shark_Blade came on here to talk openly about a rather difficult problem. A bit of respect is needed. Not that i believe that is your sense of humor anyway. I think thats the way you feel.

Legend of Lara
20-05-06, 00:04
Some humor you got there.

I know. And most of it are bad, overused chliché jokes from Friends.

PS: I know I'm "only" 12. stop judging me by that! :mad:

Legend of Lara
20-05-06, 00:04
Shark_Blade came on here to talk openly about a rather difficult problem. A bit of respect is needed. Not that i believe that is your sense of humor anyway. I think thats the way you feel.

Can we drop the subject?

illuminati30
20-05-06, 00:05
PS: I know I'm "only" 12. stop judging me by that! :mad:

To be treated as a grown up, you must behave like one.

Legend of Lara
20-05-06, 00:06
To be treated as a grown up, you must behave like one.

So let's drop this subject and not speak about it... EVER!

sweetPoison
20-05-06, 00:06
People. Warning. Do. Not. Try. This.

Never say 'I love you' through e-mail!! Never works!!!
Trust me. From first-hand experience this is a wrong thing to do!!

*(after doing that, the relationship crumbled after a few months):(

And so now, I don't think I will ever have the courage to say the 'L' word again...to anyone.:(

Shark_Blade
20-05-06, 00:07
Relax Legend of Lara, I have no hard feelings on you.

illuminati30
20-05-06, 00:08
So let's drop this subject and not speak about it... EVER!

Yes. But try to see things from a bigger picture, just because your friends say it, its not always wise for you to do so.

meansizzler
20-05-06, 00:21

Spoken Like a true player, but hey that's not everyone but have fun boning...:D

GeckoKid
20-05-06, 00:57
i love godoflight ^_^

GodOfLight
20-05-06, 01:00
i love geckokid

GeckoKid
20-05-06, 01:02
awwwwwww :D

i love you so much stefan i just can't put it any way better.

CerebralAssassin
20-05-06, 01:03
People. Warning. Do. Not. Try. This.

Never say 'I love you' through e-mail!! Never works!!!
Trust me. From first-hand experience this is a wrong thing to do!!

*(after doing that, the relationship crumbled after a few months):(

And so now, I don't think I will ever have the courage to say the 'L' word again...to anyone.:(

hehe...if it doesn't work in real life what makes you think it'll work through email LOL!!!

CoffeeBean
20-05-06, 01:11
I didn't read all posts so sorry if I'm really off topic lol.
But no I would never say it.. at least not first.. cause it would be.. lying?
Lol yah.. And very scary too.
No.
Never.
Icky.
*runs off*

sweetPoison
20-05-06, 01:12
hehe...if it doesn't work in real life what makes you think it'll work through email LOL!!!

LOL!!

I tried not to say it since it started. And I just couldn't say it...could never come out of my mouth...so I just said it through e-mail...bummer!!

PirateRose
20-05-06, 02:36
Nowdays, the word love is like a label on an empty can.

Therefore, someone just saying I love you means nothing, at least to me that is. There must be actions (other then passion/intercourse) and simply more to it.

"In vain I have struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you."

That for example is a good way of telling someone you love them.
The actions are just overall kindness and thoughtfulness. Not just the cliche flowers and box of chocolates, but something more meaningful. I read a recent article that said to keep your marriage alive, just be kind and thoughtful, even when you are both haveing a bad day and hate each other for a while.

laralives
20-05-06, 04:42
planning to ... :mis:

CerebralAssassin
20-05-06, 04:45
planning to ... :mis:
if you're a male...I honestly think you should hold back on saying it...unless you're positve that she loves you too

EDIT: or better yet,wait until she breaks the news...then you're in the Driver's seat my friend:tmb:

BoyTRaider
20-05-06, 05:58
There are two types of love: Type a)Friendship and Type b)Intimate.
Before you mention any of those, know the person the best you can. To start a true relationship, show Type A. That is the true portal to the real love. Once you think you're ready, expose your type B feeling, which will only mark the beginning of something truly especial. :)

BlackGrey
20-05-06, 08:46
It's not something i plan on doing soon, cus' i still have to find someone to say it to :vlol:

CuteKittenlol
20-05-06, 08:54
Depends under the circumstances, if the reationship is goin very well then obviously yes :p
Otherwise NO
But then again you can say it 2 friends can't you......... :)

RAID
20-05-06, 10:46
Depends under the circumstances, if the reationship is goin very well then obviously yes :p
Otherwise NO
But then again you can say it 2 friends can't you......... :)
Agreed :tmb:

Ampersand
20-05-06, 10:50
If I was in L with someone, yes, I'd probably tell them. :p

meansizzler
20-05-06, 12:35
It's because of people like you that I find it hard to trust anyone :rolleyes:

:hug:

rika2
20-05-06, 13:16
L word? You mean "Lick"?

illuminati30
20-05-06, 13:38
L word? You mean "Lick"?

Punaxe
20-05-06, 13:39
Why not, really? If I love someone, I won't hesitate to tell him or her.

Lara's Boy
20-05-06, 15:01
Hmm.....I have no problem saying I love you to a friend, because as someone said earlier it is a label on an empty can. While I enjoy the friends I have made, I have had more people come in and out of my life that will only be friends that I don't mind telling them something that doesn't really mean anything to me.

Wow...that kinda sounded cold...runs off to find my heart......

CerebralAssassin
21-05-06, 01:00

humor huh? I guess it's not a coincidence that your initials are L.O.L.

Shark_Blade
21-05-06, 03:42
humor huh? I guess it's not a coincidence that your initials are L.O.L.
lol CerebralAssassin!! LOL :vlol: XD

Maureen Errant
21-05-06, 07:20

:jmp: :jmp:

if you never try anything.................what is the point in living?

Hearts don't break, they hurt but they go on. If you don't feel, you might as well be dead.

Jebus
21-05-06, 09:42
i dont see whats wrong with saying it but you have to mean it

Lucy_Croft
21-05-06, 09:43
I tell my friends I love them all the time. Not in a serious way, obviously, as my friends are mostly girls (not that there's anything wrong with that, but I don't dance at that end of the ballroom).

Shark_Blade
21-05-06, 15:32
I tell my friends I love them all the time. Not in a serious way, obviously, as my friends are mostly girls (not that there's anything wrong with that, but I don't dance at that end of the ballroom).
what's wrong with girls dancing with girls? It's normal.