PDA

View Full Version : Replay value...

BlackGrey
20-05-06, 11:55
I remember that Legend was given a low replay value in the OPSM2 Magazine but i find whenever i'm bored i can just turn on my PS2 and just play for hours on end. I've not got bored of a single level yet or a costume, does anyone still feel Legend is fresh when they play it? :p

Lara Lover
20-05-06, 11:55
Yes. It's one of those games you play over and over again. :tmb:

aussie500
20-05-06, 12:00
l have to admit yes l have been replaying it, looking for shortcuts at the moment to try and improve my times for each level.

Umibozu
20-05-06, 12:01
yes, still playing it even if slowly - about 2 hours a week. but it'll be on my hard disk for long.

Hypnosos
20-05-06, 12:06
I'm so sick of England level because I was recently goin for 100% on my second save, and three times in a row, I forgot to push the last stone door in the end of the level for the gold reward, I realised this when the last cutscene started playing... 3 times in a row. Truly irritating.

And I hate the fire traps on the same level.

VonCroy360
20-05-06, 12:58
I think it has a great replay value... Secrets, costumes, time trials...
Right now I'm playing all missions as Amanda... :D

Cochrane
20-05-06, 15:07
Yes, there is a lot of replay value. The fact that you can select all levels that you've already completed is something the series should have had a long time ago. In fact, it would have been nice to have this in every Tomb Raider game.

thevman
20-05-06, 15:37
The only problem with the replay value is there isn't much to uncover or discover that we don't get playing thru the first time. If they wouldn't lock lara off of free roaming there seem to be lots of places we could have explored. I was just playing thru the town at the start of peru and there are lots of roof tops that they don't let lara grab that would have made the town 3 times bigger. PLEASE let us free roam in TR8, PLEASE!!!! And enough of these doors and windows we can't open, or shoot open or blast open with a grenade. they are only wood!

Don't get me wrong, I've been replaying this game to death, the comments made would just ADD to the replay value. (if they were in the game)

RAID
20-05-06, 15:39
I love it. I'm still not bored with it... :)

Tombreaper
20-05-06, 15:48
I remember that Legend was given a low replay value in the OPSM2 Magazine but i find whenever i'm bored i can just turn on my PS2 and just play for hours on end. I've not got bored of a single level yet or a costume, does anyone still feel Legend is fresh when they play it? :p

Depends, some people get bored after 1 hour, some people can play the game for years to come.
I still play the game in 2010, that's for sure.

ILG49ers
20-05-06, 16:46
It doesn't have great replay value, imo. I'm already bored with it, and I only played through it once.

tha_mattster
20-05-06, 17:05
It has replay value if you enjoy shooting mercenaries!

v.dog
21-05-06, 04:42
Replay value isn't huge, no. You may have to replay a level 2-3 times to get 100%, but once you've done that, there's nothing more to do.

TRLore
21-05-06, 06:04
For me has low replay value cuz after a second time run through it I remember all the places and all the stuff.. so there is nothing really new for a third time... also... too much chat, interactive scenes and cut scenes made me feel at the end I haven't really played the game, but watched Lara in a CG movie... sorry... just my 2 cents... maybe in a couple of years i'll play it again...

Moon-Safari
21-05-06, 06:27
ive actually been replaying it all day and getting all the costumes. IVE GOTTA SAY that this game was actually more fun to me the second time i played it. i guess its because i wasnt expecting anything of it and i just finally accepted legend for what it was.

BlackGrey
21-05-06, 08:51
A lot of mixed views, i generally didn't mind watching the cutscenes over again, in fact i like to watch the last one alot :jmp:

ClareT
21-05-06, 09:01
I think the game has a great replay value.

I played Peru again yesterday :D

And each time you play you notice something different and can play on a different difficulty mode, or you can even do a time trial to gain more rewards.

thaiexodus
21-05-06, 09:19
The question is, will Legend offer even a small percentage of the replay interest the classics give in say, a year. 8 short levels where you compete with your own time trials.
Legend is definitely for people who are playing for competitiveness. Gee, we have Pac Man reborn, with slightly better graphics. (Pac Man had more color).:ton:

Lucy_Croft
21-05-06, 09:20
I played it first on Medium mode. That kept me going for a few days (well, 3 days including getting all secrets and time trials completed). Then I just played around. I can replay it lots just swimming the waterfall at Ghana, very relaxing. Then I started playing it through on Hard mode. Still haven't done that coz I got distracted by TR1 and played that, then went on to replaying TR3 all the way through. So it's kind of 50/50 for me.

JANKERSON
21-05-06, 12:28
I played through it on Hard mode the first time, went back and got all the secrets.

I am replaying AOD right now and almost done, then I will go back and replay Legend again.

Jamie18
21-05-06, 15:04
Yes, there is a lot of replay value. The fact that you can select all levels that you've already completed is something the series should have had a long time ago. In fact, it would have been nice to have this in every Tomb Raider game.
You could in the first three.

I don't think the replay value is great, because nothing is really added - it's just different ways of playing the level, which you can do with any game really.

I liked the idea of rewards, but they were in the old games anyway - you just didn't get costumes.

Having control over the costume is nice I guess, it just doesn't interest me that much.

The ideas behind the replay value were good, IMHO, but the fact that the game is so short severely dents it.

If there were more than 8 levels and the levels themselves were longer, then it wouldn't be so tedious going through the same place you were maybe 2 days before.

Unfortunately, I don't feel that options for going through the levels in different ways or with different clothes makes up for an abyssmally short game.

It actually harmed it a little, IMHO, because now after playing all of the levels three or four times within the space of a few weeks, I already know them ALL off by heart so they really have little interest to me unless I get amnesia - this still hasn't happened for some of the older games yet.

I do think that Legend is easier to put on just to run and jump about for 20 minutes than the older games - if you're bored or something, you can just stick it on and leap around somewhere.