PDA

View Full Version : Shock at Eurovision...

Night_Heaven
20-05-06, 22:44
First of all congratulation to the winers:)

However...what is happened in this Eurovision has shoked me O_o

How can Anna Vissi , Mihai Traistariu(Tornero) and Russia have been beated up by a rock band dressed in devils and with no voice?I mean...what is wrong?Does Eurovision change his meaning?Now it is a hard rock empowered show?I have nothing with the winers...but HARD ROCK WITH DEVILS RISE UP AND LEFT ANNA VASSI AND TORNERO ON 4 AND 5 O_o O_o And Russia who had one of the best voices on second place....I have no ideea hard rock will be soo voted....

Kamrusepas
20-05-06, 22:45
Because hard rock is way better than any of the other entries :yah:

ClareT
20-05-06, 22:46
Well mainly because Lordi had a good song there. The music was catchy and they could sing. I agree I was slightly shocked at other great songs coming after them, I actually really loved Romania, Ukraine, Russia and Sweden's songs. But still, a lot of people like rock ^^

rika2
20-05-06, 22:48
Are you a conservator? The hard rock song was the best IMO, better than all the other pop ****...

ace_85
It was cool to see something other than a ballad or pop song win Eurovision for once. It was even better because I don't think anyone was really expecting it :)

MiCkiZ88
because it was differend.. nothing pop stuff.. or love songs..

RoseTyler
20-05-06, 22:50
It was rubbish. To put it mildly.

rika2
20-05-06, 22:51
Rubbish? Why? Cause it isn't stereotype? Cause the overmind (the media) hasn't got his claws around them?

Night_Heaven
20-05-06, 22:51
Are you a conservator? The hard rock song was the best IMO, better than all the other pop ****...

I can't say I am a conservator...BUT ANNA VASSI ,TORNERO AND RUSSIA HAVE VOICES....Isn't eurovision about voice?...about ABILITY TO SING? not to scream?

ClareT
20-05-06, 22:53
Eurovision isn't all about being able to sing. There were a lot of entries tonight that had awesome songs but not so great singers, which people seemed to vote for. But most of the time neighbour countries vote for each other, so it doesn't really matter xD

But still, Finland's entry had a great song, a great tune and even if they couldn't sing as well as some of the singers, they had a voice and were always in tune.

MiCkiZ88
20-05-06, 22:55
Eurovision isn't all about being able to sing. There were a lot of entries tonight that had awesome songs but not so great singers, which people seemed to vote for. But most of the time neighbour countries vote for each other, so it doesn't really matter xD

But still, Finland's entry had a great song, a great tune and even if they couldn't sing as well as some of the singers, they had a voice and were always in tune.
thank you :hug:

rika2
I can't say I am a conservator...BUT ANNA VASSI ,TORNERO AND RUSSIA HAVE VOICES....Isn't eurovision about voice?...about ABILITY TO SING? not to scream?

excuse me, scream? You remind of the pope, and other corrupt characters that support rap and think metal and any form of heavy music should be extinguished...

tha_mattster
Remember when Ukraine won? Ruslana was dressed up like a warrior too. People just enjoyed it and voted for them, I thought romania greece and sweden all sounded like winning songs but I guess finland just stood out more! The 10 inch platforms help I guess.

I liked turkey, did anyone else? :(

meansizzler
I have no ideea hard rock will be soo voted....

Remember a year or so back when The Darkness stormed the Uk charts with that awfull song?..

The Darkness - I Believe In A Thing Called Love (http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jamshaeed/Images/The%20Darkness%20-%20I%20Believe%20In%20A%20Thing%20Called%20Love.wm a)

Night_Heaven
20-05-06, 22:56

In tune?O_o...you mean in devils...some orcs or some kind....And voice?O_o...not like ANNA VASSI OR MIHAI TRAISTARIU....O_O

Reggie
20-05-06, 22:57
Lordi's style of music isn't to my taste, but hats off to them for bringing a breath of fresh air to the contest with it's daring style in such a competition. Ireland did really well and I'm suprised Norway didn't get so many votes for their song. Lithuania's song was quite repulsive too.

ClareT
20-05-06, 22:58
In tune?O_o...you mean in devils...some orcs or some kind....And voice?O_o...not like ANNA VASSI OR MIHAI TRAISTARIU....O_O

Yeah, in tune :D Both times they sung their song (and in the semi-finals also) their song was in tune and sounded right. Some of the other singers went out of tune from time to time. And I agree that both of those mentioned have great voices, but still I think Finland deserved their win.

rika2
20-05-06, 22:59

geezus, no offense but I hate people who can't like music that ISN'T part of the masses, that everyone must like... You can't understand metal or hard rock dude... Don't badmouth them tough, great musical genres.

MiCkiZ88
20-05-06, 23:00
Yeah, in tune :D Both times they sung their song (and in the semi-finals also) their song was in tune and sounded right. Some of the other singers went out of tune from time to time. And I agree that both of those mentioned have great voices, but still I think Finland deserved their win.
after a long time :D

Sirius Black
20-05-06, 23:02
Both times they sung their song (and in the semi-finals also) their song was in tune and sounded right. .

That's because they were miming. ;)

I though the winning song was a poor rock song but very entertaining, and that's the main thing.

I also liked the We Are The Winners song (Lithuania?) because it was so insane! :cln:

MiCkiZ88
20-05-06, 23:04
hmm.. you call that miming.. before the finals the keyboard players voice didn't carry that much.. mut in th efinal I could hear her well.. after that when they sung last time.. they put up a litle extra to the song...

Pipolinne
20-05-06, 23:05
They were different:remember when Norway won with a "song" that was 99% instrumental,by Secret Garden? Not only it was very beautiful,as it was 100% different. Sometimes, love songs do get rather boring. It wasn't my favourite,but I think Eurovision is also a space for us,Europeans,to make some jokes that only make sense in our context,lol!

Night_Heaven
20-05-06, 23:06
geezus, no offense but I hate people who can't like music that ISN'T part of the masses, that everyone must like... You can't understand metal or hard rock dude... Don't badmouth them tough, great musical genres.

I don't say I have hated...but I can't even see the winers...I can't see their faces...some orcs have won Eurovision?O_O ... mind you...I lisen rock a little bit...that was not rock...and I am not badmouth anyone...maybe you should read all my posts...I am just sorry for some others participants that had voices...like I mentioned before...:)

rika2
20-05-06, 23:06
ok, here's my view of the show:

It's a ****ing old boring music show, used to have some good artist in its time but now it's all pop **** and someone dared to have a little heavy band in the show... Conservators like Night_heaven hate them, and think they suck... Well, c'est la life...

Hypnosos
20-05-06, 23:07
Bah, I agree. The contest must have been set-up.

Night_Heaven
20-05-06, 23:08
ok, here's my view of the show:

It's a ****ing old boring music show, used to have some good artist in its time but now it's all pop **** and someone dared to have a little heavy band in the show... Conservators like Night_heaven hate them, and think they suck... Well, c'est la life...

Now that is annoyng...I DON'T HATE THEM...READ MY POSTS..:mad: I really love those orcs...offffff

tha_mattster
20-05-06, 23:09
lol stop saying conservators! that is something or someone that conserves the environment or energy. You mean conservative, which means a dislike of change.

rika2
20-05-06, 23:09
Bah, I agree. The contest must have been set-up.

the idols are, how come this one is when there are so many countries joining? I don't think so...

MiCkiZ88
20-05-06, 23:10
They were different:remember when Norway won with a "song" that was 99% instrumental,by Secret Garden? Not only it was very beautiful,as it was 100% different. Sometimes, love songs do get rather boring. It wasn't my favourite,but I think Eurovision is also a space for us,Europeans,to make some jokes that only make sense in our context,lol!
well.. in that case they've been joking around for 4 years..their first hit single was relased in 2002.. monster man.. gosh.. even mentioning that song gets it in my head...

could you love a monster man
would you understand
beuty of the beast

ta ta..

rika2
20-05-06, 23:10
Now that is annoyng...I DON'T HATE THEM...READ MY POSTS..:mad: I really love those orcs...offffff

ok ok, chill out dude... :D They ARE singing in tune, even if tehy aren't, they sound cool and good...

Night_Heaven
20-05-06, 23:13
ok ok, chill out dude... :D They ARE singing in tune, even if tehy aren't, they sound cool and good...

Ohh..acualy THEY WERE TRYING TO SING...I can't say they have done a good job thou:(

rika2
20-05-06, 23:15
Ohh..acualy THEY WERE TRYING TO SING...I can't say they have done a good job thou:(

geezus there we go again, http://www.cannibal-corpse.com <----- the vocalist growls, wich is a singing technique HARD to do to be good, and tehy rule... See, there are different way of singing dude, stop listening to so much classical music and oldie's :D

Pipolinne
20-05-06, 23:16
[QUOTE=MiCkiZ88]well.. in that case they've been joking around for 4 years..their first hit single was relased in 2002.. monster man.. gosh.. even mentioning that song gets it in my head...

I'm speaking about the eurosong festival:).I've never heard of them ,and,in this specific context, I take their song as an humouristic thing.

Anubis_AF
20-05-06, 23:18
Russia wasn't good at all

Sirius Black
20-05-06, 23:20

The only reason Russia did so well was political voting from former soviet republics.

As usual.

Night_Heaven
20-05-06, 23:20

But Greece and Roumania were the best:D

Pipolinne
20-05-06, 23:21
It wasn't bad,IMO,but it wasn't that original and that girl coming out of the piano was kinda of creepy!

viper456
20-05-06, 23:23
as per usual most of the entries were crap (UK once again sucked, yay for the home country NOT)

I personally favour rock music as my main genre of music, but i do like other types to. But as for Finland, Lordi w/e ... omg how did they win!? it was a bad song, very repetative and someone here said it wasnt sterotypical...maybe not for the eurovision but by god it was very stereotypical for its genre :| ew ew ew.

oh and as for the group that sang "we are the winners of the eurovision" or w/e it was should of came last lol

rika2
20-05-06, 23:26
as per usual most of the entries were crap (UK once again sucked, yay for the home country NOT)

I personally favour rock music as my main genre of music, but i do like other types to. But as for Finland, Lordi w/e ... omg how did they win!? it was a bad song, very repetative and someone here said it wasnt sterotypical...maybe not for the eurovision but by god it was very stereotypical for its genre :| ew ew ew.

oh and as for the group that sang "we are the winners of the eurovision" or w/e it was should of came last lol

repetitive? yes, that doesn't make it bad tough, it's supposed to be catchy. Don't get me wrong, I don't like them but they were fresh air in the contest.
Oh and UK should have putted Maiden up there... They would have kicked ass :D

Night_Heaven

Yup..the winners had shocked me too...:)

tha_mattster
russia was crazy, his dancing was so bad! I think he needs his legs checked.

Anubis_AF
20-05-06, 23:28
The only reason Russia did so well was political voting from former soviet republics.

As usual.

Well said.

ClareT
20-05-06, 23:29
russia was crazy, his dancing was so bad! I think he needs his legs checked.

I thought it was quite "groovy" :D

tha_mattster
that gives me an idea! We need all the former british colonies to join eurovision! :D :D

rika2
Well said.

I didn't know that they were still fighting for they're country :D That's funny... :D

tha_mattster
20-05-06, 23:30
I thought it was quite "groovy" :D

when he jumped off the piano he appeared to be on a snowboard. Did you notice his hair? They are all lunatics as usual.

someone who knows turkish tell me what 'kazshunga superstar' means thats my favourite song.

Anubis_AF
20-05-06, 23:31
I wanted Bosnia to win :(

Jacob x5
20-05-06, 23:32
Finland won?

Night_Heaven
20-05-06, 23:33
Yes..it is very lunatic that Russia had such a representation but is cool that the winners of the Eurovision whare some kind of orcs or devils or lizards...(I am ironic:) )

rika2
Finland won?

you're a bit behind...

focus
well as a few people said already, really finland rocked they put so much work into their song it was amazing, firework things, costumes and writting the song unlike my country ireland oh bloody god!! their biggest move was getting down on one knee, they might aswell sent daniel o donnel- oh man thats a scary thought, they should send in u2 that would be brill.

oh yeah i thought russia was brilliant to, it was something about the song and dance it was just amazing

tha_mattster
20-05-06, 23:35
I liked irelands lighting, all green and simple. But it was a bit BORING! You needed Monster Riverdance.

Jacob x5
20-05-06, 23:36
you're a bit behind...

Did they win or not?

MiCkiZ88
20-05-06, 23:36
I liked irelands lighting, all green and simple. But it was a bit BORING! You needed Monster Riverdance.
:vlol: yes we won with a new record... 292 points was it?

viper456
20-05-06, 23:38
repetitive? yes, that doesn't make it bad tough, it's supposed to be catchy. Don't get me wrong, I don't like them but they were fresh air in the contest.

the repetativeness jsut spoiled it for me, i dunno it jsut didnt do it for me personally :s

yeah it was nice to see something abit more alternative! i think they may of gome slightly overboard with the special effects though, they didnt leave anything out lol, looked like a nuclear explosion with all their lights and fireworks and what nots lol!

Pipolinne
20-05-06, 23:38
:vlol: yes we won with a new record... 292 points was it?

Never a song reunited so much the europeans's agreement :D!It's almost ironic!

MiCkiZ88
20-05-06, 23:39
Never a song reunited so much the europeans's agreement :D!It's almost ironic!
its more than ironic! heck.. so much points for a debuting hard rock song :D

tha_mattster
20-05-06, 23:43
it got so many points because more countries were voting though didnt it? Still did very well!

MiCkiZ88
20-05-06, 23:45
it got so many points because more countries were voting though didnt it? Still did very well!
7 times 12 points :D two in a row

tha_mattster
20-05-06, 23:47
thanks for telling again you won :) im not bitter :) (hold the smile mattster!) :) :) :)

http://www.smileypad.com/v224/Angry/Mad.gif

MiCkiZ88
20-05-06, 23:55
thanks for telling again you won :) im not bitter :) (hold the smile mattster!) :) :) :)

http://www.smileypad.com/v224/Angry/Mad.gif
sowwy :rolleyes:

focus
20-05-06, 23:55

i think ABIT was an under statement. lol and i was just saying the same thing to my sister that we needed some Monster Riverdance, well maybe they'll learn next year.

p.s uk entry was different-in a good way you don’t see a lot of rap in the eurovision.

Paul H
21-05-06, 00:36

Yes!! Or, better still, Judas Priest. Imagine Rob Halford riding the bike around the Eurovision stage. :D

http://www.judaspriest.com/photo/2004/JudasPriestBike300.jpg

Congrats to Finland.

CerebralAssassin
21-05-06, 00:46

yeap..if maiden was performing for UK they would have owned big time...but they didn't.

nomedo
21-05-06, 01:12
to all the great English members in this forum i have to say i supperted the pervert giant baby girls. it was a great song in the final tonight.
and Anna Vissi, Carola Russia, did an awsome jobb too tonight. congratulations to them and Lordi :tmb:

Tombcool
21-05-06, 04:25
I stopped watching Eurovision when they didn't prize Nightwish's Sleepwalker winner, even though everyone voted for them. But Lordi is an amazing band.

RAID
21-05-06, 06:00

How can Anna Vassi , Mihai Traistariu(Tornero) and Russia have been beated up by a rock band dressed in devils and with no voice?I mean...what is wrong?Does Eurovision change his meaning?Now it is a hard rock empowered show?I have nothing with the winers...but HARD ROCK WITH DEVILS RISE UP AND LEFT ANNA VASSI AND TORNERO ON 4 AND 5 O_o O_o And Russia who had one of the best voices on second place....I have no ideea hard rock will be soo voted....
Just because it's a different and new style, doesn't mean it doesn't deserve to win.

I'm happy with lordi's entry. Eurovision was starting to get boring with all those pop and ballad entries. Some rock is neede to make the show entertaining.

I loved the festival, but I have to say that I was extremely disapointed with the results. Findalnd did deserve to win don't get me wrong. But there countries like Lithuania which I have no idea how could they get that many votes...:o

Oh...right...Neighbours...

Cochrane
21-05-06, 06:35
I think a certain advantage that the finnish guys had was that people remembered them because they looked so different. I, personally, haven't heard anything that comes close to what music I usually like, so I've completely forgotten what the russian song was like, for example.

VonCroy360
21-05-06, 06:42
It's great that they've won!
Now probably some good bands will realise that you don't need a pop song to win the eurovision...
I think we can expect some great escs from now on... :D

VonCroy360
21-05-06, 06:45
I wanted Bosnia to win :(

I was listening to an interview with bosnian performer the other day and he said that he doesn't wan't to win, because an organisation of the next year's eurovision would be too expensive for them... :)

Zip
21-05-06, 07:57
I thought every song was good,i did like the wining song and i liked the song before us "we are the winners" it ade me laugh so much,but as far as it goes we will never win as we are are on our own the whole thing is rigged they all vote and give maximum points to the countries at the side or near to them like greece gave cyprus 10 point and then it was the same when it was reversed

At least we didn't get 0 point for the 4th year running !!!!!!!!!!

tha_mattster
21-05-06, 08:01
did javine do better or worse than daz simpson? I seem to remember she did better.

VonCroy360
21-05-06, 08:06
Well, come on, people, UK wasn't bad at all...

And as for the neighbours, things are starting to get better...
Croatia actually gave 10 points to Finland and only 8 to Macedonia... :)

Mythos
21-05-06, 08:12

How can Anna Vassi , Mihai Traistariu(Tornero) and Russia have been beated up by a rock band dressed in devils and with no voice?I mean...what is wrong?Does Eurovision change his meaning?Now it is a hard rock empowered show?I have nothing with the winers...but HARD ROCK WITH DEVILS RISE UP AND LEFT ANNA VASSI AND TORNERO ON 4 AND 5 O_o O_o And Russia who had one of the best voices on second place....I have no ideea hard rock will be soo voted....

One correction here: It's Anna VISSI not VASSI. ;)

Janny
21-05-06, 08:17
In tune?O_o...you mean in devils...some orcs or some kind....
That's exactly what I was thinking :vlol:
No offence to Finland, but when I saw their faces (and I got spooked out without having my glasses on, and I see pretty bad :eek: ) and heard their voices I turned the volume down and went to bed... And I kinda like hard rock, but that song had no tune, it had nothing...

ClareT
21-05-06, 08:28
Well, come on, people, UK wasn't bad at all...

And as for the neighbours, things are starting to get better...
Croatia actually gave 10 points to Finland and only 8 to Macedonia... :)

I agree. Things are starting to get better and countries aren't just giving points to the countries next to them. I remember one of them I was expecting them to give to the country next to them as they always do, but instead the points went to Finland :D

Lucy_Croft
21-05-06, 08:30
I voted for Latvia, they were so good! No music! And cool leg dancing. And a cute little robot guy with a foil plate for a face. But noooo. They didn't do very well.
The UK sucked, as usual. But we got some points so hey, there's a few pedophiles out there in the world that appreciate the song.
Finlad, hmm... They were orignal, definitely, and certainly put the most effort into their act. So I guess they deserved to win. And they were funny at the end, waving their flowers around. Heh heh :p

Lucy_Croft
21-05-06, 08:31
I thought every song was good,i did like the wining song and i liked the song before us "we are the winners" it ade me laugh so much,but as far as it goes we will never win as we are are on our own the whole thing is rigged they all vote and give maximum points to the countries at the side or near to them like greece gave cyprus 10 point and then it was the same when it was reversed

At least we didn't get 0 point for the 4th year running !!!!!!!!!!
Agreed.
It's all political these days.

BlackGrey
21-05-06, 08:38
England should have won :p But it's all about politics and right now, politicaly, britian is out in the cold.

Lucy_Croft
21-05-06, 08:39
That was funny :D

ClareT
21-05-06, 08:40
I loved the we are the winnners song :D

That song was...interesting ^_^ When I first heard it I thought it was cool, but then it seemed a big big headed saying they were the winners...and here's the funny part...they aren't :D

Was it just me or did anyone else hear Lithuania's song being booed and not applauded?

Lucy_Croft
21-05-06, 08:42
I heard it! I thought that was hilarious. My sister and I both went 'They're getting booed!'

Night_Heaven
21-05-06, 10:57
That's exactly what I was thinking :vlol:
No offence to Finland, but when I saw their faces (and I got spooked out without having my glasses on, and I see pretty bad :eek: ) and heard their voices I turned the volume down and went to bed... And I kinda like hard rock, but that song had no tune, it had nothing...

Corect

Legend of Lara
21-05-06, 11:11
Lordi is a terrible band of Nu Metal idiots. I'd more like Turkey to win. And they had a terrible song. I'm a suuuuperstaaaaaaah.... EE!

Paperdoll
21-05-06, 11:19
Excuse me? You're moaning around because of Anna Vissi? She made so many mistakes singing that for a minute I thought she was going to faint. I don't like Lordi's song, at all, but it's a good thing they won, it just proves that people don't go with the supposedly most popular things and are willing to try something different.

imo, Bosnia's song was the best... and Portugal... *kills herself* what a shame, with such good bands they had to choose a girlband that no one in portugal likes, let alone anyone in Europe.

Doctorb
21-05-06, 11:31
But we got some points so hey, there's a few pedophiles out there in the world that appreciate the song.

The girls are well over sixteen you know.

Paperdoll
21-05-06, 11:33
The girls are well over sixteen you know.

Yes but that doesn't keep them from fantasizing XD Lolita complex :p

Night_Heaven
21-05-06, 11:35
Excuse me? You're moaning around because of Anna Vissi? She made so many mistakes singing that for a minute I thought she was going to faint. I don't like Lordi's song, at all, but it's a good thing they won, it just proves that people don't go with the supposedly most popular things and are willing to try something different.

imo, Bosnia's song was the best... and Portugal... *kills herself* what a shame, with such good bands they had to choose a girlband that no one in portugal likes, let alone anyone in Europe.

Ha ha ha....devils who sing hard haleluya???????????In a country known for her traditions?ANNA VISSI was one of the best performers...that orcs JUST SCREAM.....not sing...and TORNERO was a great song....ALL THE VOTES WERE SET UP.....

ClareT
21-05-06, 11:36
Yep, the school girls were over sixteen.

And I was checking up on points, and it's the most points the UK have scored since Gemini's "nul points". We got 25 this time, last year with Javine we got 18. And the year before that with James Fox, we got 16. So we actually are slowly working our way up :D

CerebralAssassin
21-05-06, 11:36
Vissi was Greece's entry :confused:

Legend of Lara
21-05-06, 11:49

Yah?

Night_Heaven
21-05-06, 11:51

Of course

Paperdoll
21-05-06, 11:55
Ha ha ha....devils who sing hard haleluya???????????In a country known for her traditions?ANNA VISSI was one of the best performers...that orcs JUST SCREAM.....not sing...and TORNERO was a great song....ALL THE VOTES WERE SET UP.....

One of the best performers? Don't make me laugh. There were way better singers than her, and like I said, I don't like Lordi or their song, so I'm not going to defend their performance. And you think that's screaming? I think you have a very disturbed notion of what's good singing and screaming (note that I'm not stating that Lordi had good singing). Anna Vissi tried to do things with her voice and failed miserably at it. If you were defending other singer, I'd accept it... but Anna Vissi? Goodness gracious... And I leave it at that. Keep your thoughts and I'll keep mine.

ClareT
21-05-06, 11:57
I thought Greece's song was really good, but she spent a lot of time on the ground singing to the floor :D But it was still really good.

Scorpicus
21-05-06, 12:01
Compared to the rest of the samey pop acts they had there, the finland group were diferent and original: has there ever been a group on Eurovision who dressed up in monster costumes? Have there ever been any death metal acts on Eurovision at all? They definately deserved to win.

The contest is pretty rigged anyway...

Jacob x5
21-05-06, 12:01
I'm feeling slightly annoyed that I can't see anywhere on this thread that anyone has actually mentioned who the winners are. Now I didn't watch it, but I'm assuming Finland won?

I'm sorry but their performance was so awful. I thought it was a comedy show. :p

Legend of Lara
21-05-06, 12:06
Compared to the rest of the samey pop acts they had there, the finland group were diferent and original: has there ever been a group on Eurovision who dressed up in monster costumes? Have there ever been any death metal acts on Eurovision at all? They definately deserved to win.

Excactly NOT how I feel. Lordi were different in a bad way!
Idiots yell Nu Metal oh my GOD!

Ampersand
21-05-06, 12:09
I haven't been following Eurovision at all, it bores my socks off. :D I suppose it has a certain ha-ha factor, but the music's not great. :o

MiCkiZ88
21-05-06, 12:09
I'm feeling slightly annoyed that I can't see anywhere on this thread that anyone has actually mentioned who the winners are. Now I didn't watch it, but I'm assuming Finland won?

I'm sorry but their performance was so awful. I thought it was a comedy show. :p
comedy :D maybe.. all the teenagers voted for them.. but.. atleast they gave us the winning one

Legend of Lara
21-05-06, 12:14
I voted for Lithunia. :p

Elysia
21-05-06, 12:17
Absolutely. Eurovision isn't about being sensible. In a way, they had to win it - how could a generic pop act really win over the most novelty of novelty bands ever - a latex covered, monster-impersonating metal band with a bucket load of charisma and a sense of humour that would fill the Grand Canyon? Eurovision is about novelty and being silly; being tongue - in -cheek and OTT... and Lordi were about as silly, tongue in cheek and OTT as you can get! It proves that everything is indeed right with the world, and that having a sense of humour prevails over all! This Eurovision has restored my faith in the people of Europe - being funny and having a right old giggle is more important than posturing and looking pretty. :tmb:

Vive la sense of humour!! :D :D

ace_85
21-05-06, 12:20
I haven't been following Eurovision at all, it bores my socks off. :D I suppose it has a certain ha-ha factor, but the music's not great. :o
I usually have the same opinion about Eurovision, but this year it became compelling viewing the moment that a hard rock band started taking the clear lead. You could see the confusion on all the other competitor's faces :D

'But this can't be right, they don't even have backing dancers....?'

:vlol:

rika2
21-05-06, 12:26

The contest is pretty rigged anyway...

Agree with you but death metal? hahaha, geezus they're a hard rock band with some pseudo evil melodies not death metal!

And for those that think each country should have its folk and traditional music on Eurovision here's the deal: Everyone would vote for their country and it would be only a matter of wich's country has more people in it...

Paperdoll
21-05-06, 12:31
Absolutely. Eurovision isn't about being sensible. In a way, they had to win it - how could a generic pop act really win over the most novelty of novelty bands ever - a latex covered, monster-impersonating metal band with a bucket load of charisma and a sense of humour that would fill the Grand Canyon? Eurovision is about novelty and being silly; being tongue - in -cheek and OTT... and Lordi were about as silly, tongue in cheek and OTT as you can get! It proves that everything is indeed right with the world, and that having a sense of humour prevails over all! This Eurovision has restored my faith in the people of Europe - being funny and having a right old giggle is more important than posturing and looking pretty. :tmb:

Vive la sense of humour!! :D :D

Couldn't agree more :tmb:

Night_Heaven
21-05-06, 12:36
One of the best performers? Don't make me laugh. There were way better singers than her, and like I said, I don't like Lordi or their song, so I'm not going to defend their performance. And you think that's screaming? I think you have a very disturbed notion of what's good singing and screaming (note that I'm not stating that Lordi had good singing). Anna Vissi tried to do things with her voice and failed miserably at it. If you were defending other singer, I'd accept it... but Anna Vissi? Goodness gracious... And I leave it at that. Keep your thoughts and I'll keep mine.

Corect...Anna Vissi rullzzzz...and you should not be such a pain in the ..... because I don't care...you want to defend the winners and fail..And Russia and Tornero were better than the winners:)

rika2
21-05-06, 12:39
Corect...Anna Vissi rullzzzz...and you should not be such a pain in the ..... because I don't care...you want to defend the winners and fail..And Russia and Tornero were better than the winners:)

dude you are so conservative... I'm sure you are also against sex before marriage...

Night_Heaven
21-05-06, 12:41
dude you are so conservative... I'm sure you are also against sex before marriage...

Corect again:)

Paperdoll
21-05-06, 12:41

If you don't care why are you answering? You haven't been reading my posts haven't you? I'm not defending the winners for their music or their visuals, I said more than once, I don't like it. Read Elysia's post and you'll get my point in "defending" them. and Anna Vissi "rulllzzzz"? Well that's a great argument about her voice isn't it :rolleyes: maybe I have way too high standards when it comes to a female's singing voice because it takes alot for a singer (specially Anna) to convince me that they deserve to win such a show. And since when is Eurovision about good singers? Next thing you're going to tell me MTV's awards are all about good music *sigh*

rika2
21-05-06, 12:44
Corect again:)

geezus...

Night_Heaven
21-05-06, 12:45
If you don't care why are you answering? You haven't been reading my posts haven't you? I'm not defending the winners for their music or their visuals, I said more than once, I don't like it. Read Elysia's post and you'll get my point in "defending" them. and Anna Vissi "rulllzzzz"? Well that's a great argument about her voice isn't it :rolleyes: maybe I have way too high standards when it comes to a female's singing voice because it takes alot for a singer (specially Anna) to convince me that they deserve to win such a show. And since when is Eurovision about good singers? Next thing you're going to tell me MTV's awards are all about good music *sigh*

Eurovision WAS about good music until this year....ORCS HAVE WON EUROVISION...GREAT....you should read my post too...I said Russia and Tornero were great too not only Anna Vissi...And for you're own information...Eurovision supposed to be about good music not screams and devils:)

rika2
21-05-06, 12:47
Eurovision WAS about good music until this year....ORCS HAVE WON EUROVISION...GREAT....you should read my post too...I said Russia and Tornero were great too not only Anna Vissi...And for you're own information...Eurovisioun supposed to be about good music not screams and devils:)

Paperdoll, don't bother answering to THIS guy... He probably thinks Paganism is evil or something...

Night_Heaven
21-05-06, 12:48
Paperdoll, don't bother answering to THIS guy... He probably thinks Paganism is evil or something...

Wrong:)

rika2
21-05-06, 12:53
Wrong:)

ok it's a start...

Paperdoll
21-05-06, 12:56
LMAO it was about good music? :vlol: You need to be a little more open minded. If it was about good music, Bosnia would have won. But music isn't just about art, it's also about entertainment and the winners provided that: entertainment. If they were 5 girls in skimpy clothing, no one would complain, but since they dared to provide some entertainment and a good show with costumes, people automatically jump into criticising. They dared to be original and they stood out from the other acts filled with copies. Maybe from now on, Europe will concentrate on doing more original stuff in Eurovision instead of same lame pop act (want an example on that? check out Portugal's performance, lamest thing ever).

Anyway, there is no way that I'll convince of my ideas or that you'll convince me so we might as well just leave this discussion.

Legend of Lara
21-05-06, 12:57
ok it's a start...

Says Mr. Superswear!

rika2
21-05-06, 12:58
Says Mr. Superswear!

geezus won't you ever shut up :D?

Legend of Lara
21-05-06, 12:59
geezus won't you ever shut up :D?

Nope. :D

Elysia
21-05-06, 13:28
Eurovision WAS about good music until this year....ORCS HAVE WON EUROVISION...GREAT....you should read my post too...I said Russia and Tornero were great too not only Anna Vissi...And for you're own information...Eurovision supposed to be about good music not screams and devils:)
Have you told anyone else who is in any way associated with Eurovision that Eurovision is about good music?! Everyone and his dog knows that Eurovision is about pant-wettingly BAD music! I don't know where you're from (as to whether if you get to watch the delightful Terry Wogan or not), but good old Tezza has the right of it - he's the UKs 'commentator', and the highlight of any Eurovision are his remarks regarding the crappidity of it all. Eurovision is (in)famously tacky, cheap and full of novelty - and it always has been. It's about being a cheesy and as OTT as you can. Watch the Song for Europe episode of Father Ted... that just about sums it up!

I'm pretty chuffed that orcs have won Eurovision. I rather like orcs. :tmb:

Paperdoll :tmb: I'm glad someone else sees it all for what it really is - a bit of silliness!

Legend of Lara
21-05-06, 13:50
*sings* What? Did you learn in school today? What the teachers used to say!

tha_mattster
21-05-06, 13:52
We should enter a really old lady, everyone would vote for us.

Legend of Lara
21-05-06, 13:54
We should enter a really old lady, everyone would vote for us.

But not a group of 16 year old school girls? They were BRILLIANT!

tha_mattster
21-05-06, 13:56
I liked them but europe is so far behind UK in pop music they dont get it yet. Look at the charts in europe and you see loads of UK music!

Why dont we enter a really really young person with a really really old person like a 4 year old with a 94 year old. How funny! :D

ara
21-05-06, 13:56
LORDI WIN!!!! I cant belive this! This is.. OH im wordless! They get 292 points!!! OH this is ****ing unbelievable!!! Next competition is in Helsinki! Im gonna go there next year!

Legend of Lara
21-05-06, 13:57
Why dont we enter a really really young person with a really really old person like a 4 year old with a 94 year old. How funny! :D

4 year old: Lalala... dadada... lalala...
94 year old: I remembeeeer... the dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyssssssss...

Ampersand
21-05-06, 13:57
LORDI WIN!!!! I cant belive this! This is.. OH im wordless! They get 292 points!!! OH this is ****ing unbelievable!!!

In a good or a bad way? :D

CerebralAssassin
21-05-06, 13:58
4 year old: Lalala... dadada... lalala...
94 year old: I remembeeeer... the dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyssssssss...
........when I could waaaaaaaaalkkkkk.... :D

Elysia
21-05-06, 14:00
I liked them but europe is so far behind UK in pop music they dont get it yet. Look at the charts in europe and you see loads of UK music!

Ummm... I dunno whether is was for Eurovision ( I don't think it was - I think it was one of our Great British Novelty Records. I know it got to number 1 (and stayed there for 2 weeks), though!), but we did that in 1980 - 'There's no one quite like Grandma' by St Winifred's school choir and featuring, well, a Grandma...

The UK entry was about 15 years (at least) behind current music trends. I remember tripe like that being released in the early 90's...

tha_mattster
21-05-06, 14:03
I know our euro entry was old, but it is not similar at all to our chart music. And our chart music follows america.

Night_Heaven
21-05-06, 14:22
But not a group of 16 year old school girls? They were BRILLIANT!

Speak with you're other head please...the one with a brain...the schoolgirls were not that good...poor them...

rika2
21-05-06, 14:53
Speak with you're other head please...the one with a brain...the schoolgirls were not that good...poor them...

geezus... :rolleyes:

tha_mattster
21-05-06, 14:55
we liked the school girls! They are fun, they are not supposed to be opera.

Night_Heaven
21-05-06, 14:56
geezus... :rolleyes:

Offf..you are still here....:(

rika2
21-05-06, 14:57
Offf..you are still here....:(

you're sad that I'm taking a break from my studies? :p no offense but get a life...

Night_Heaven
21-05-06, 15:00
you're sad that I'm taking a break from my studies? :p no offense but get a life...

I think you should get a life...and a good name too..:)

Corpsegrinder
21-05-06, 15:03
Opeth for sweden next time
haha

rika2
21-05-06, 15:06
Opeth for sweden next time
haha

lol...

rika2
21-05-06, 15:07
I think you should get a life...and a good name too..:)

geezus you're annoying...

Night_Heaven
21-05-06, 15:11
geezus you're annoying...

You too:)

Ampersand
21-05-06, 15:13
http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/scared/scared0016.gif

rika2
21-05-06, 15:14
You too:)

why the :) ? Are you that happy? geezus...

Night_Heaven
21-05-06, 15:15
http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/scared/scared0016.gif

Hi hi hi....:D amperstand...do you love Tornero , Anna Vissi or Russia?:)

Ampersand
21-05-06, 15:21
I haven't watched Eurovision, I'm not that keen on the music. :o :wve:

tha_mattster
21-05-06, 15:31
tornero was one of my top 3 favourites! The singer was dressed a bit funny, and looks like a hobbit but no matter :D

Cochrane
21-05-06, 15:37
I wonder why everyone keeps saying that the guys from Finnland were dressed up as monsters. I'm quite certain that they are actually aliens from Star Trek. Is there any official statement whether the band wants to be rather monsters or aliens?

And finally, if I want to listen to good music, that's what I got my iPod for. In my opinion, Eurovision is for entertainment, and the band that won did entertain me the most, so I say they deserved their victory.

Kamrusepas
21-05-06, 15:38
I wonder why everyone keeps saying that the guys from Finnland were dressed up as monsters. I'm quite certain that they are actually aliens from Star Trek. Is there any official statement whether the band wants to be rather monsters or aliens?

Well, their first single was 'Would You Love A Monsterman' :p

Cochrane
21-05-06, 15:40
Well, their first single was 'Would You Love A Monsterman' :p

OK, thank you for clearing that up.

Anubis_AF
21-05-06, 16:03
Anna Vissi was good. But not that good enough to win, and certainly not better than Elenna last year.

Night_Heaven
21-05-06, 20:39
Anna Vissi was good. But not that good enough to win, and certainly not better than Elenna last year.

umm..yes..I think you are right...Do you like tornero?

Legend of Lara
21-05-06, 21:07
Russia was good enough to beat Finland. :(

Kamrusepas
21-05-06, 21:47
Apparently, it wasn't :ton:

TopCat.TopBeing
22-05-06, 10:50
I voted for Lithunia. :p

well done :P i woulda voted for them too if i could :P its Lithuania btw ;)

it was prolly the first time i actually watched the contest cause our song was so freakin coooool and funny :D and cause our band had the same position towards eurovision as myself. it's a shame not everyone in europe has a good sense of humour ;D

anyways, great show this year, pretty darn funny as well ;D

ELEN
22-05-06, 10:58
OMG TC :jmp: Where have you been???!!!?????????????? OMG!!! OMG!!!! :jmp:

Welcome back :jmp: :hug:

(Sorry, off topic, but I couldn't resist)

TopCat.TopBeing
22-05-06, 11:21
hey there ELEN :hug:

jee, this place has changed since my last visit :P dont know how to insert smilies so sorry if the hug doesnt show up :D

i just popped in to say hi :) how are you, Eleni? :wve:

angelika
22-05-06, 11:33
I haven't missed a eur.show the last 15 years. This year's was a freak show.
I love rock, I grew up with it, I love rock, hard rock and metal. Finnish song was A FREAK SHOW. They had it translated on the news last night and I was like ''OMG, do people know what they voted for? ''

BTW I 'm amazed how many people know Anna Vissi, I didn't know she was recognised outside greek borders. Though I didn't like our song that much to tell you the truth.

I voted
a) Bosnia
b) Norway
c) Romania

TopCat.TopBeing
22-05-06, 11:38
I voted
a) Bosnia
b) Norway
c) Romania

yup, Bosnia and Ireland were great imo. the only entries i actually liked musically

though if i had voted i would have voted for Finland or Sylvia Night.

angelika
22-05-06, 11:45
though if i had voted i would have voted for Finland or Sylvia Night.

You actually liked that barbie-kent act?

TopCat.TopBeing
22-05-06, 12:19
You actually liked that barbie-kent act?

didnt you get the message? she was dressed up like barbie to show what eurovision is all about. it was irony, listen to the lyrics, jee, did you actually think she was serious? :) she was just laughing at eurovision standarts. look around - almost every single act was barbies and kents dancing around singing sweet love songs :D

lordi were different, thats why they won - not cause their song was very good. its cause people are sick and tired of standart eurovision songs. most of the people anyway. thats why "We are the winners" got so many votes.

and sylvia night went a little over the top with the f words and "hey dog" thats why she didnt advance to the finals. if she'd acted a little more clever, she could have won the whole contest.

FourBalls
22-05-06, 12:30
didnt you get the message? she was dressed up like barbie to show what eurovision is all about. it was irony, listen to the lyrics, jee, did you actually think she was serious? :) she was just laughing at eurovision standarts. look around - almost every single act was barbies and kents dancing around singing sweet love songs :D

lordi were different, thats why they won - not cause their song was very good. its cause people are sick and tired of standart eurovision songs. most of the people anyway. thats why "We are the winners" got so many votes.

and sylvia night went a little over the top with the f words and "hey dog" thats why she didnt advance to the finals. if she'd acted a little more clever, she could have won the whole contest.
I couldn't agree more :tmb:

Maybe the Eurovision song contest was about voice and stuff a few years back, but it has been about the show lately.
The winner Ruslana (Ukraine, was it?) had an absolutelly pointless song, but as the show was interesting and different, she won. You can't win the contest only with a good voice anymore.

And you might see how countries get votes. They always vote for the one, what's next to them, or with whom they have friendly relationships.
So it's hard for a country to win, if it stands all alone.

ImpoSSibleL
22-05-06, 13:11
Because hard rock is way better than any of the other entries :yah:
Agree ;)

Legend of Lara
22-05-06, 14:20
Who else here hated the Turkish song? Ah-Super Staaaaaahhhh...

MiCkiZ88
22-05-06, 14:59
Who else here hated the Turkish song? Ah-Super Staaaaaahhhh...
not me... it was nice... :)

RAID
22-05-06, 16:09
not me... it was nice... :)
I hated it, and the singer. I thought Sweden and Finland were the best two.