PDA

View Full Version : OMG! 1 of my mates just tried to kill themselves

scoopy_loopy
21-05-06, 06:52
One of my (not really close, but still!) mates just tried to drown themselves in the bath! :(

She's been hurting herself like stupid things for ages now but nobody expected this!! I cant beleive it....

Osojojo
21-05-06, 07:02
do her parents know? She needs someone to help and support her.

scoopy_loopy
21-05-06, 07:45
oh everybody knows... Shes so stupid how she does these things to herself! She wont even let us help her! And the coucillors have like no effect on her!

CerebralAssassin
21-05-06, 07:47
what does she have..depression? :confused:

scoopy_loopy
21-05-06, 08:53
I dunno!

Janny
21-05-06, 08:57
Poor dear :(
I'm almost certain she's depressed, someone needs to keep on eyes on her all the time, and maybe a psihologist will convince her that life can be nice to live. She needs to work on something she loves, something like painting, playing PC games, anything that can get her mind off life. And most of all, she needs to be with the people she loves almost all the time.

badboy70
21-05-06, 09:04
i wouldn't suggest PC games like GTA : drugs, kiling people,.... that reminds my of life. one of my friends tried to kill herself to, all of her friends supported her and she just gotten over it. it was terrible once it came out she was doing all those thing to herself :(

TombRaiderLover
21-05-06, 09:06
OMG! I think she needs help.

Janny
21-05-06, 09:07
Oh no, I wasn't thinking of games like GTA, I meant little silly online games that you can actually enjoy. I often feel kind of depressed and they help.

btw/ congrats on your 400th post, badboy70 :wve:

Night Crawler
21-05-06, 09:07
Sounds like she needs help.
I'm sure she appreciates you telling everyone on the internet :rolleyes:

Lucy_Croft
21-05-06, 09:09
Yikes. She just needs some support. Maybe she should see a doctor rather than a counsellor, and get some kind of anti-depressants? Are you sure she's not doing it for attention? Well, yes, like the others said, getting her to do something to take her mind of it will help. Maybe you could take her out shopping or for a picnic or something nice? Make some time for her every couple of days and meet up for a gossip :) Hopefully she'll get over it.
Does anybody know WHY she tried to kill herself? That's probably what should be addressed first of all.

badboy70
21-05-06, 09:11
Oh no, I wasn't thinking of games like GTA, I meant little silly online games that you can actually enjoy. I often feel kind of depressed and they help.

btw/ congrats on your 400th post, badboy70 :wve:
thank you :wve:

Kamrusepas
21-05-06, 09:18
oh everybody knows... Shes so stupid how she does these things to herself! She wont even let us help her! And the coucillors have like no effect on her!

When someone does these things, it's a cry for help.

jarhead
21-05-06, 09:26
:( - perhaps she just needs friends right now and maybe she might realise that councillors and help is the best way

CerebralAssassin
21-05-06, 09:32
Poor dear :(
I'm almost certain she's depressed, someone needs to keep on eyes on her all the time, and maybe a psihologist will convince her that life can be nice to live. She needs to work on something she loves, something like painting, playing PC games, anything that can get her mind off life. And most of all, she needs to be with the people she loves almost all the time.

well said :tmb:

scoopy_loopy
21-05-06, 09:32
she doesnt know about these forums, plus I didnt mention her name/age/where she lives, so I think its fine whoever comment on that before. Yeah Im trying to get all her really good friends together so we can do something for her

CoxyAppo
21-05-06, 09:34
don't overwhelm her though

Jebus
21-05-06, 09:37
shoul this really be discussed on the net???:confused:

CoxyAppo
21-05-06, 09:41
technically no

but we had something like this a while back (no where near as extreme), it was a thread by AnthonyShock about his friend but it ended up closing after it was decided it was unfair to talk about someone online without their consent

Lucy_Croft
21-05-06, 09:42
4 8 15 16 23 42
*screams* AAAAAAH, THE NUMBERS!

scion05
21-05-06, 09:42
shoul this really be discussed on the net???:confused:

yes, we can see that scoopy is also upset, so hes telling
us how he feels ;)

scoopy_loopy
21-05-06, 10:03
thanks scion. Im really confised, I dont know what to do!!

CoxyAppo
21-05-06, 10:12
*screams* AAAAAAH, THE NUMBERS!
lol :D

Dazzy
21-05-06, 10:13
One of my (not really close, but still!) mates just tried to drown themselves in the bath! :(

She's been hurting herself like stupid things for ages now but nobody expected this!! I cant beleive it....

Man, hope she is ok.

CoxyAppo
21-05-06, 10:18
we have a place in the UK called Connections for things like this, isn't there anything in Oz for stuff like this?

Lucy_Croft
21-05-06, 10:19
Yeah, like the Samaritans helpline?

Thorir
21-05-06, 10:31
It's really difficult for friends to help... :(
She should get a therapist and maybe some anti-depressants would be helpful... :(

A friend of mine overdosed on some pills a few weeks ago. She's in a psychiatric hospital now. Hopefully she'll get better there. She's REALLY bored there, so maybe that will help her to get it together and not do something like that again!

badboy70
21-05-06, 10:37
It's really difficult for friends to help... :(
She should get a therapist and maybe some anti-depressants would be helpful... :(
yes a friend of mine that tried to do domething like that , not drawning herself ( see my previous post ). her parents find out and she needed to go immediatly to the hospital because she was cutting in herself. then she wen't to therapie

Legend of Lara
21-05-06, 11:16
Oh my God... did she listen to Turkey's Eurovision song? (Kidding)
She needs help. A therapist perhaps?

laras
21-05-06, 11:24
Oh my God... did she listen to Turkey's Eurovision song? (Kidding)

This is not the thread to joke! :D

I think that if everybody now knows she/he will get help he/she needs. You don't need to worry scoopy_loopy. ;)

Betal
21-05-06, 11:28
If she trying to kill herself she is (sorry to say it) a psychopath. They say that everybody who trys to take/ do (don't know how to say) suicide is that:(

Punaxe
21-05-06, 14:29
Nonsense. I guess she just couldn't cope anymore.

Question is: cope with what?

xMiSsCrOfTx
21-05-06, 14:30
Question is: cope with what?

Probably nothing that concerns us, anyway.

I'm sorry for your friend, but she doesn't need so much sympathy right now. She needs help, before she does something irreversible. Tell an adult, her parents, whatever, just tell someone.

Shark_Blade
21-05-06, 15:21
What drove her to try attempting suicide?Any reasonat all?
Her boy friend left her? Her parents divorce/leave her?