PDA

View Full Version : LOST SEASON FINALE - Season Finale "Live together, die alone" *Spoiler Warning*

CoxyAppo
21-05-06, 09:45
OMG THE LOST SEASON FINALE IS NEXT WEEK :D :D :D

Now I know you must be thinking that because I live in the UK I must be downloading them illegally, well no, i haven't actually seen anything past the current E4 episodes but I know all whats happened at the ABC pace (I can't resist spoilers :(). So please talk about it here!

Night Crawler
21-05-06, 10:13
Isn't it a little early? This thread will be LOST by this time next week. :p

I also cannot wait for the finale! The previous ep was amazing and the boat at the end :eek: I can't wait to find out what The Others want with Kate, Sawyer, Jack and Hurley. And I heard we will possibly find out what caused the plane to go down.

CoxyAppo
21-05-06, 10:16
This episode is yet to be aired. The official description for this episode, as found on ABC Medianet website is: After discovering something odd just offshore, Jack and Sayid come up with a plan to confront "The Others" and hopefully get Walt back. Meanwhile, Eko and Locke come to blows as Locke makes a potentially cataclysmic decision regarding the "button" and the hatch.

Guest characters include Walt, Desmond, "Mr. Friendly", "Henry Gale", Kelvin Inman, Alex Rousseau, Ms. Klugh, Charles Widmore, Master Sergeant, The Jhaly, Pickett and Penelope "David Merriam".

Have you seen the preview where Jack shouts Run and fires 3 shots!!!! OOO YES

I'll post it on here in a bit :D

CoxyAppo
21-05-06, 10:20
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JT6iS-YHD5Y

this is the overall season 2 promo from channel 4, its boss! :D

CoxyAppo
21-05-06, 10:23
next media tidbit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciI3-vZajz0

the ABC Promo for the finale :)

Legend of Lara
21-05-06, 12:31
I don't really watch LOST... *pulls out super shield once again*

LiquidKal
21-05-06, 12:46
I love Lost! Can't wait for the season finale, thanks for the promo clip.
They promise some big answers, i hope they deliver.
And I didn't realise it was a 2 hour finale... thats awesome!!

Apofiss
21-05-06, 13:24
One little secret (from S2_ep.22); the others aren't what you think they are. They just...

Night Crawler
21-05-06, 13:26
One little secret (from S2_ep.22); the others aren't what you think they are. They just...Scientists? Dharma employees? We saw this in the ep where they showed Claire's flashbacks to when she was missing.

ILG49ers
21-05-06, 19:52
I'll be watching! It looks like it will be a great end to Season 2. :tmb:

CoxyAppo
22-05-06, 15:25
yup :tmb:

taika
22-05-06, 15:41
I nearly didnt read this cause I thought it was spoilers about the finale. But its not... haha. I can't wait. My PC broke the other day, I'm currently on a laptop. I was only worried that I wouldn't see the finale when it comes out!! haha.

CoxyAppo
22-05-06, 20:43
the only finale spoilers will be in the trailers i posted and they are only minor

Rivendell
25-05-06, 21:53
Just seen it, and WHOAA

:jmp: :D :jmp:

:tmb:

jarhead
25-05-06, 21:57
will someone please PM me what happens. im not gonna download it illegaly and im not waitng 3 months either. please

Rivendell
25-05-06, 22:01
Will do Jarhead, gimme a minute :tmb:

jarhead
25-05-06, 22:02
ok thanks so much- appreciate it a lot :hug: :D

stereopathic
25-05-06, 22:40
i wan't really floored by the finale. i wanted to be, i really did. i definitely don't have that anxious "i have to find out what happens right now" feeling i had at the end of season one.

Olvidarse
25-05-06, 22:48
Here's a link to the full episode, legal by ABC. (http://dynamic.abc.go.com/streaming/landing)

ILG49ers
26-05-06, 02:02
I thought it was great! :D It did answer alot of questions, but it it also left you hanging even more. I can't wait for season 3! :tea:

LiquidKal
26-05-06, 16:39
OMG, i loved it! I was on a Lost high for like an hour afterwards... I went to see Xmen 3 straight after and realised in the car that I wasn't paying attention to the road because my brain was still in Lost mode, scared me a little.

And wow, they revealed quite a bit this ep, while still managing to raise more questions. And what an ending, I wanna know what happens right NOW! Season 3... bring it on!

*spoilers from here on, don't read if you haven't seen the show!!*

That four toed foot really intrigued me, awesome addition to an already complex web of mystery, now I have all these new theories running through my head :D
The hatch causing the crash was wicked, I've been wondering all week if they would reveal how the crash happened, and couldn't think of what the hell it could be.
Also, I hope that somehow Locke survived... They seemed to make it pretty obvious that he's history, but it is Lost after all, anything could happen and he's one of my favourite characters.

stereopathic
26-05-06, 16:57
*****************spoilers*********************
locke totally survived. when season three starts, jack, kate and sawyer will be in the others' camp. they'll need a couple of main characters back on the beach so i don't think they can afford to kill off locke. not to mention he has a HUGE fan base. a lot of people would be ticked if he died.

about the plane crash... i don't know about all this. i understand that it's feasible that the hatch brought the plane down, but everything seemed so well-conceived. all the survivors are interconnected in their previous lives. the others know who they are and what they've done in their lifetimes. i have to belive that something bigger and more important brought them to the island together. the electromagnet pulling the plane down by coincidence seems to easy and too random.
*******************************end**************** ****

taika
26-05-06, 19:52
Ending confuseeeeeeed me..... haha.. About the toe thing.. i dunno if we will ever hear from it again x.x The black rock? That just went away too... The radio tower? ... :(

Clara [CA]
26-05-06, 22:04
*****************spoilers*********************
locke totally survived. when season three starts, jack, kate and sawyer will be in the others' camp. they'll need a couple of main characters back on the beach so i don't think they can afford to kill off locke. not to mention he has a HUGE fan base. a lot of people would be ticked if he died.

about the plane crash... i don't know about all this. i understand that it's feasible that the hatch brought the plane down, but everything seemed so well-conceived. all the survivors are interconnected in their previous lives. the others know who they are and what they've done in their lifetimes. i have to belive that something bigger and more important brought them to the island together. the electromagnet pulling the plane down by coincidence seems to easy and too random.
*******************************end**************** ****

*Watch out ! Spoiler too!!!*
I'm not sure that Locke is dead. I was, but then there was the end of the episode, and we learned that Penelope Widmore is still looking for Desmond. If Desmond's not dead, maybe Locke isn't either. I don't know.
I was saying to a friend that I wouldn't watch season 3 because I feel tired: too many questions, and never an answer... but I have to say that scenarists know what they're doing because at the end, I couldn't help but think "OMG I wanna see the next... wait... there's no next... oh... :("

About the crash, I have to say that it's totally possible that the hatch caused it (you know, there's a reason why they tell you to turn off your cellphone when you go into a plane...).

Where I agree is that I think there is a question of power on the island. Someone (Hanso?) isn't only testing people. And about the Others, they consider themselves as good guys, but I don't think they are, not really... Oh god, I have to watch the first episode again :jmp:

About the four-toes foot... I don't know. Aliens seem too easy. And Lost scenarists don't like what's easy. As a matter of fact, they live in an asylum during summer holidays. They're only free on September (lucky us!).

Seriously, when is the season 3 starting ?

sweet_pea
27-05-06, 01:59
Hi I'm new and I love Lost!

Anyone think Micheal will send help back to the island when he gets rescued?

TrojanMan
27-05-06, 08:52
i wan't really floored by the finale. i wanted to be, i really did. i definitely don't have that anxious "i have to find out what happens right now" feeling i had at the end of season one.

Agreed. The entire second half of Season 2 was pretty weak.

taika
27-05-06, 09:26
:S the second half of S2 was my fave. Especially when Henry was introduced...

LiquidKal
27-05-06, 12:12
*Spoilers throughout!*

Regarding the 4 toed foot, the Alien idea never even occured to me, because it seems to me like a very bad idea.

The first thing I thought of when seeing the foot was the Colossus of Rhodes. It was a gigantic statue in greece. One of the seven wonders of the ancient world. That got me thinking about greek myths, Atlantis in particular. I'm not suggesting the Lost island is actually Atlantis as it doesn't fit the descriptions at all, but perhaps some kind of similar ancient lost island, swallowed up by some electro magnetic anomaly a long time ago, and has slowly drifted to its currently location since then. Maybe the race that lived there only had 4 toes, and at some point in the last 50-60 years Dharma found this island and are now researching all its strange properties, such as the magnetic field that hides it from the rest of the world.

Knowing the Lost writters though, they're probably taking it in a completely different direction to this. But I just find this new info, especially the foot, to be really fascinating.

Rivendell
27-05-06, 12:28
Oh my God! Atlantis! Lemuria! :jmp: Why didn't I think of that!

The giant foot made me think of the Rhodes Colossus too.. It also made me think of an ancient civilization and Nephilim too: the "giant" children of fallen angel/human crossbreeding.

:D

LiquidKal
27-05-06, 12:39
Holy Buckets... Lemuria! I didn't think of that! You may be on to something, as it fits the description, even the location is a perfect match! Supposedly its in the South Pacific between North America and Australia.

I did a quick search and found http://www.lemuria.net/
I don't know how reputable the site is but apparently:
"At its peak of civilization, the Lemurian people were both highly evolved and very spiritual"
"While concrete physical evidence of this ancient continent may be difficult to find, many people "know" that they have a strong connection to Lemuria"

These two statement seem to link up with all the spiritual stuff in Lost, and perhaps the connection between all the Losties, or the special people such as Walt.

jaroro
31-05-06, 03:36
SPOILERS

Ok so I understood the ending, the button in the hatch didnt end the world, we dont know what happened to the hatch, if Locke died and Desmond too, but Charlie survived??? too weird..

Jack, Katie and Sawyer are taken to the campo of "The Others" (scientists?)

But what about the call Penelope Widmore got?? I didnt understand anything...
So.. in the antartic (probably) they noticed that in the south pacific there was an "electromagnetic" problem and they called HER?? what the??
What did you guys understand??

stereopathic
31-05-06, 07:23
penelope is named after ulysses' wife in the epic, the odyssey. she's best remembered for waiting 20 years for the return of her husband and is now synonymous with faithfulness.

in the show her character said that it was easy to find anyone with money and determination. what the last scene demonstrates is her belief in this creedo as well as her love for and faithfulness to desmond. the men in the antarctic station are working for her, searching for the electromagnetic signal that she knows is the signature of the island her father owns or runs or built or something we don't know yet.

this scene is VERY important to the series for a couple of reasons. because of her devotion to desmond and her intensive search for him, we know that there is no way that he is dead. so if desmond lives, so do locke and eko because they were all basically in the same predicament.

also, the fact that the makers of the series show you antarctica, a real-life place outside the confines of the island, disproves several conspiracy theories about the characters being dead or in a dream. the mere fact that the outside world has been shown establishes that the island exists in our world and that rescue is possible.

the scene also maintains that desmond is the only person on the island with anyone truly waiting for him to return.

also, as a matter of opinion, i feel michael will return to the island, choosing against escape. the line where he asks what will happen to his "friends" creates the feeling of an attatchment, or more likely guilt, and because of this i believe he will return to try and free jack, kate, and sawyer next season. as an added problem for the Others, henry gale said that they got "more than they bargained for" with walt, so the boy's knowledge of their lives as well as the apparent trouble he's caused them could be harnessed as valuable weapons against them if michael were to choose to return and help.

jaroro
31-05-06, 15:22
Thanks! thats the answer I needed, but still LOST gives us more questions than answers, but what the hell I like the series.