PDA

View Full Version : I Love Ddr!!!

Soma Holiday
21-05-06, 18:39
My friend got me hooked on it about 3 weeks ago and I CANNOT stop playing...I mean I'm up till 4am sometimes, it's crazy! I've gotten through most standards, but the heavy's are still too fast for me...

Does anyone else play?

laras
21-05-06, 18:42
What is Ddr? maybe some screen? :p

xMiSsCrOfTx
21-05-06, 18:42
Omg, I love it too. :D It's fun, and it's a good workout!

laras
21-05-06, 18:44
Nevermind, now i know what is Ddr. :D

Soma Holiday
21-05-06, 18:47
yep lol...dance dance revolution....I preobably should have wrote it out haha...omg it is such a workout for sure! especially when you play it nonstop for 5 hours haha...I still haven't played it on an arcade machine, just at home. I wonder if it's any different, easier or harder...I'm trying to find one somewhere.

xMiSsCrOfTx
21-05-06, 18:48
I have two dance mats at home that I use sometimes, but at our movie theater, we have the machines. There are always these people who are like, PROS at it. And I mean pros. They're amazing.

Soma Holiday
21-05-06, 18:52
My friend is like that, a pro...I mean he got mad when he hat like 1 'great' instead of 'perfect' and he was on like heavy tsugaru or something...I mean it's crazy watching their feet!

He knows where some actual machines are but there a long way away...I'll have to take him with me, so I can just let him play and pretend that I'm that good haha...then when everyone leaves I'll try it. :D

Nephili
21-05-06, 18:58
I love DDR, ive ben playing for about 3/4 years now, i love it! I got pretty good at it aswell, was able to do the Expert(green) difficulty on most tracks, but havnt been on it in a while so i hope i havnt lost my touch!

Legend of Lara
21-05-06, 20:37
Is it possible to NOT get hooked at DDR?

Corpsegrinder
21-05-06, 21:06
What is Ddr? maybe some screen? :p
There you go (http://www.ddr-im-www.de/Bilder/zonengrenze.gif)

Punaxe
21-05-06, 21:10
Lol :D

Maybe an actual example: http://www.wimp.com/ddr/

Nephili
21-05-06, 22:04
LOL! That wedding video lmfao!

Capt. Murphy
21-05-06, 22:27
I have StepMania. Has anyone been to the SM messageboards?

BTW: My other screen-name is 'Turtle-Legs'. I'm the (genius) behind the Kraft Dance Pad modification using 'tin-foil U-strips' (http://forums.stepmaniaonline.com/viewtopic.php?t=4335). :jmp: :ton:

But I mostly play on the keyboard with the arrow keys.

The SN is sort of a joke since I'm not too good at teh dancing! :cln: Why, not only do I not have any rythme but my knees have (well, one of them) arthritis (it's from a disease I got in my adolescent yrs). My other knee has a joint replacement.

What I've been thinking of doing is getting a piece of, maybe, oak plywood, having it's angle set or adjustable -but as long as it's sturdy- and having my dance pad/mat on it (maybe clamped).

The reason: for those that can't stand and move for too long without wearing yourself out. I've played using the mat one day, perhaps it's because I haven't had enough experience 'dancing', but my left knee didn't agree with that. :( So I figured if could bear most of my wieght on my butt :rolleyes: then maybe doing the steps would be easier, not to mention quicker.

As for accuracy - that's a whole 'nother story.

Melonie Tomb Raider
21-05-06, 22:41
My cousins have it and I love to play. I'm not a pro though, I just play on light. I pretty much hit them all onl ight though, so I guess I should move up haha.

Anyway, they were all stinking HORRIBLY on beginer, so I decided to give it a shot on light and they were like :eek: lol!! My brothers are crazy good at it though! They will get side by side and look like they are a boy band or something. They'll jump sideways and do all kinds of crazy stunts!

Catapharact
21-05-06, 23:12
DDR and Cat have a bit of a crazy history togather Lol!

The guys and I see turned one simple test run at the game into a full blown contest. Man, it was a day of stomping upon stomping. It was the younger sibling who won out in the end.

*<Still can't get some of those beats out of his head.*