PDA

View Full Version : The Da Vinci Code

ClareT
21-05-06, 18:51
I've just come back from seeing it, and all I can say is Wow. I've read the book twice, and I loved the book. And the movie really stuck to everything that happened in the book. Tom was great as Langdon, and Audrey was amazing as Sophie too. It was an entertaining action movie that had the right amount of adventure, mystery and "facts" (I know most of it isn't real btw xD) combined to make a great movie :D

Has anyone else seen it?

Rivendell
21-05-06, 18:53
Yeah, I enjoyed it! I don't think it deserved the slating it got at all.
Ian McKellen was great in it, plus I liked what they did with the end "twist". The final minute was well done, quite a powerful scene. :tmb:

xMiSsCrOfTx
21-05-06, 18:55
I'm reading the book for the second time, I really forgot how amazing it was... I can't wait to see the movie. Everyone's saying such bad things about it, but I really want to see it for myself.

ClareT
21-05-06, 18:55
I agree the final scene was so amazing. With the music and what happened, and woah, it was stunning :D

And I'm sure you'll enjoy the movie xMiSsCrOfTx :D I think it was great!

jarhead
21-05-06, 19:05
i loved the very end with him in paris- loved the dramtic music aswell

Voni
21-05-06, 19:20
I saw it it today, the ending was very powerful and it was very well done. I can't believe it actually got booed in Cannes! The movie was pretty long though. Saying that though, what could they have cut out?!?

Uapa
21-05-06, 19:27
I saw it on friday and: it's good film but IMO if you don't read book you will not know whats going on, there are some mistakes, the "funniest" is the light in tomb in end scene, how it manage to 'go' there? via walls?

Legend of Lara
21-05-06, 19:51
Awww... now I wanna see it!

Tomb Raider Master
21-05-06, 20:11
I saw it yesterday. It's very good! :tmb:

Lemmie
21-05-06, 20:51
Sorry to be different, but I really didn't think much of it.

Or the book.

Punaxe
21-05-06, 20:54
Question, because I want to go see it: do I indeed need to have read the book, as Uapa says? What does the rest think?

Jake Croft
21-05-06, 21:00
Ive got the book aint started it, it looks long lmao

ClareT
21-05-06, 21:06
The book is great :D

And it helps if you read the book. One of the people I went to see it with has read the book like me, and the other person hasn't. Bpth myself and the person who has read the book really enjoyed the film, but the person was hasn't said it was just "okay".

xMiSsCrOfTx
21-05-06, 21:11
Read the book anyway, it's amazing.

Punaxe
21-05-06, 21:13
Read the book anyway, it's amazing.
I'm lazy :(
And don't like reading fiction anyway...

Jake Croft
21-05-06, 21:14
I cant make sense of what its about
Rofl whats it about?

ClareT
21-05-06, 21:17
If you haven't read it yet, then read it and it will make sense :D

UNDERTAKER
21-05-06, 21:42
Movie was ok. I really enjoyed Ian McKellen's performance as Teabing. He stole the show!

Lost Angel 21
22-05-06, 02:28
I saw it on Friday; loved it. I started the book over and finished it in two days. I didn't finish it before seeing the movie, but I loved it all the same.

The beginning was like the book, then you get to the bathroom and scene and you're like "Who the hell stuck the tracking dot in the pocket?" some parts you won't understand if you haven't read the book.

StormHarvey
22-05-06, 02:58
I have yet to see this movie. I'm really looking forward to it. But what I don't understand is why christians, vatican people, etc are going against this. Are they hiding something? I mean, its just a work of fiction. Its for entertainment. If you go to mass EVERY Sunday(if you're catholic) and you only watch 2 and a half hours of Da Vinci Code, would the movie change your faith THAT quick? I don't think so. I'm not taking sides here..I'm a christian too.

ClareT
22-05-06, 15:29
I have yet to see this movie. I'm really looking forward to it. But what I don't understand is why christians, vatican people, etc are going against this. Are they hiding something? I mean, its just a work of fiction. Its for entertainment. If you go to mass EVERY Sunday(if you're catholic) and you only watch 2 and a half hours of Da Vinci Code, would the movie change your faith THAT quick? I don't think so. I'm not taking sides here..I'm a christian too.

That's what I didn't understand. I'm a Christian, but the Da Vinci Code is my favourite book. The people who protest against it need to realise it's just fiction. Anyone could put forward new ideas, but it doesn't mean it's true. I could say some mad theory, but it doesn't mean it's true it's only an idea.

jarhead
22-05-06, 15:34
but there is an awful lot of evidence to support the views expressed in the film. but even if there was a lot of evidence it still wopnt be proved. so i think everyone should go and see the movie.

i watched it and thought- well that must have been differcault to piece together

Mona Sax
22-05-06, 15:36
What I don't understand is why people think the story is anti-Christian. Most clerical characters turn out to be good guys in the end anyway. SPOILER And how could the idea of Jesus being married and having children be insulting? Would it make him a worse person? I don't think so. /SPOILER

Most importantly, the protesters' views are just theories too. They can talk about "defamation" when they've proven their own statements to be correct.

tha_mattster
22-05-06, 15:37
Its a fiction anyway; why dont they protest about global poverty or something useful.

dark_angel_7
22-05-06, 15:39
I read the book and I'm dying to see the movie! :jmp:

Jake Croft
22-05-06, 15:43
I cant wait till friday or saturday
Im gonna try and read the book before the end of the week
Then drag my friend Brett to come see it
He wont understand but i will >;D!