PDA

View Full Version : *cough* Yeah, the Sony E3AK6 Conference...

TrojanMan
23-05-06, 15:25
http://www.gameklip.com/v/719/

I'll let you be the judge...

Punaxe
23-05-06, 15:57
Lol. Funny.

Granted, the Wii rocks.

As does the Playstation.

Rivendell
23-05-06, 16:31
Wii really is great! But I'm really starting to hate the fanboys who come up with this picky - anti Ps3 propaganda :cen: !

Get over it! You have competition, people will buy Ps3, wii, x360, and they will enjoy them all, so I repeat - Get over it !

:eek:

interstellardave
23-05-06, 16:35
I can't watch it right now, but isn't this actual footage of their press conference? There were some awkward moments in that--Sony didn't have the greatest E3, really. Not like they had hoped I'm sure. They had the new hardware and some really nice games to show but it seemed like whenever someone opened their mouths to speak they'd trip over their own tongues or something! :p

Tombreaper
23-05-06, 16:38
Wii really is great! But I'm really starting to hate the fanboys who come up with this picky - anti Ps3 propaganda :cen: !

Get over it! You have competition, people will buy Ps3, wii, x360, and they will enjoy them all, so I repeat - Get over it !

:eek:

I totally agree!
This is the very last thread:mad:
Hope so:p

MiCkiZ88
23-05-06, 16:43
there has been.. cant even count the amount of anti ps3 threads... :hea:

Tombreaper
23-05-06, 16:49

Well, that says something about the people who start these threads, don't u think so?
A**h*les

Damjan
23-05-06, 17:39
the conference might have been bad (don't know, I haven't seen it) but this clip has been montaged, and the inserts have been shown out of context. It's clearly an anti-ps3 joke... A bad one.

interstellardave
23-05-06, 17:57

Hopefully you're not counting threads that legitimately report actual Sony related news, such as PS3 pricing, important launch games slipping, etc. These threads are in no-way bashing, although they are not exactly positive. It is not bashing to state one's opinion either, such as "The PS3 is way overpriced" which a lot of people have stated in such threads. That's a valid opinion based on ones own finances and judgement of value vrs. price.

illuminati30
23-05-06, 18:14
This conference really has taken a hammering, and i do find it quite funny, but i would find it quite funny about any large company.

Sony come out with a price like that and make statements like 'next gen does not start until we say it does', then they deserve this. Hard for them and their fans to take when they are not usually on the receiving end of it, usually dishing it out instead.

Tombreaper
23-05-06, 18:16
Hopefully you're not counting threads that legitimately report actual Sony related news, such as PS3 pricing, important launch games slipping, etc. These threads are in no-way bashing, although they are not exactly positive. It is not bashing to state one's opinion either, such as "The PS3 is way overpriced" which a lot of people have stated in such threads. That's a valid opinion based on ones own finances and judgement of value vrs. price.

Come on, you know it's food for the fan boys here, it's always the same.
No matter how good/actual the thread is.

interstellardave
23-05-06, 18:24
Come on, you know it's food for the fan boys here, it's always the same.
No matter how good/actual the thread is.

Yeah, but bashing is bashing and criticism is something else. As a 360 owner (and I love my 360) I've experienced both. I have no problem when someone says "I'm going to save for a PS3 because it has the games I'm looking for... the 360 doesn't really interest me." But then there's: "OMG, XBox 360 suxxx! PS3 rules all!" LOL... people actually post things like that and somehow hope to be taken seriously!

I myself have been a fan of Sonys' gaming efforts up until now, but with the PS3 I'm having a hard time. The price bothers me, forcing Blue Ray on me bothers me, and their hype about how much more powerful it is than the 360 bothers me. It probably is, to some extent, but people go nuts with exagerrations about it! I feel very vocal about things that I think Sony is doing wrong... even if I was planning on buying a PS3 at launch (I'm waiting) I'd still feel a certain "negativity" about it. I think that a dark public-relations cloud is hanging over Sony right now... it's palpable.

Tombreaper
23-05-06, 18:34
Yeah, but bashing is bashing and criticism is something else. As a 360 owner (and I love my 360) I've experienced both. I have no problem when someone says "I'm going to save for a PS3 because it has the games I'm looking for... the 360 doesn't really interest me." But then there's: "OMG, XBox 360 suxxx! PS3 rules all!" LOL... people actually post things like that and somehow hope to be taken seriously!

I myself have been a fan of Sonys' gaming efforts up until now, but with the PS3 I'm having a hard time. The price bothers me, forcing Blue Ray on me bothers me, and their hype about how much more powerful it is than the 360 bothers me. It probably is, to some extent, but people go nuts with exagerrations about it! I feel very vocal about things that I think Sony is doing wrong... even if I was planning on buying a PS3 at launch (I'm waiting) I'd still feel a certain "negativity" about it. I think that a dark public-relations cloud is hanging over Sony right now... it's palpable.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=24650298

MiCkiZ88 thread

interstellardave
23-05-06, 18:38
http://www.gamespot.com/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=24650298

Saw that... he's a regular person, like you and me, and he's stating things, many of which are based on some big assumptions! You have to be fair, now, since the PS3 isn't out yet and the market hasn't accepted Blue Ray, and Sonys online plan hasn't been experienced yet, there remains just as much room for healthy scepticism as there is for total optimism--which that guy exhibits! ;)

Tombreaper
23-05-06, 18:47
Saw that... his opinions are his, and many of them are based on some big assumptions! You have to be fair, now, since the PS3 isn't out yet and the market hasn't accepted Blue Ray, and Sonys online plan hasn't been experienced yet, there remains just as much room for healthy scepticism as there is for total optimism--which that guy exhibits! ;)

Sony isn't a third rank company or something, it's the biggest Multi Media Conglomerate in the world, they know exactly what to do.
Some confidence in Sony wouldn't be out of place.

illuminati30
23-05-06, 18:48

Exactly.

interstellardave
23-05-06, 18:52
Sony isn't a third rank company or something, it's the biggest Multi Media Conglomerate in the world, they know exactly what to do.

Sony has failed a few times before with new formats... Betamax, minidisc, UMD... and the PS3 is about Blue Ray more than anything else. They're banking everything on it. Oh, the PSP is getting its head handed to it by the DS too. (bear in mind that I, personally, own a PSP and I don't own a DS, but facts are facts).

You seem to misunderstand me, too. Sony may in fact hit on all cylinders with the PS3... and I'll be there to enjoy it just like you. But I don't like the vibe I'm getting right now--and I certainly don't like it to the tune of $600.00! So I'm sitting out the launch... I don't need that hassle anyway!

Tombreaper
23-05-06, 18:55
Exactly.

Come on boys, this is what happens, threads like these are only good food for fanboys.

illuminati30
23-05-06, 18:59
Sony isn't a third rank company or something, it's the biggest Multi Media Conglomerate in the world, they know exactly what to do..

That does not guarantee anything i am afraid.

Confidence that they will do what exactly?

illuminati30
23-05-06, 19:00
Come on boys, this is what happens, threads like these are only good food for fanboys.

Fan boys? I am not a fan boy.

interstellardave
23-05-06, 19:04

Again, fanboys ramble incoherently. My posts are articulated well--and come from a vantage point of someone who currently owns a Genesis, PS1, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360, Gameboy Advance and a PSP. Fanboy? Not! :p

LOL, I can't even watch the clip referenced in this topic, so I don't even know what the topic truly is!

Tombreaper
23-05-06, 19:05
Okay, I'll give it another direction, think what you want to think.
I really don't care if you sleep next to your xb360 or ds or ps2.
I don't go argue this and that on this forum.
I do that on other forums, where people know what they are talking about, okay:)

interstellardave
23-05-06, 19:08
I do that on other forums, where people know what they are talking about, okay:)

Well, at least one of us was civil... so to you I say: BUH-BYE! ;)

illuminati30
23-05-06, 19:09
And just for the record, i own a PS2, and Xbox, and Xbox 360, and a Gamecube :tea:

If you want an example of fan boyness you just have to look at the way 360 legend was treated on this forum.

Her hair is funny, her shorts dont look symmetrical, the graphics are blurry, lara looks weird, it looks like concept art rather than a game, the water is rubbish, lara looks strange...... etc

According to the majority of people on this forum, legend looks better on PS2 than any other platform around.

Tombreaper
23-05-06, 19:12
Well, I never ever said anything negative about the xb360, that's for sure.

TrojanMan
23-05-06, 19:13
Nothing anti-PS3 about this at all. The video perhaps, but not from me. I'll eventually be getting a PS3 because it will have a great selection of games and the specifications on the damn thing are amazing, I just thought the Press Conference was lame and the video was funny.

illuminati30
23-05-06, 19:14

So why you getting so upset about the conference being made fun of? I would love to think of the direction of this thread if it had been Xbox or Nintendo who had cocked up their conference......

The fact is that anyone on this forum gets a hard time if you dont agree that a Sony product is the best. Although i suppose that is to be expected as this is a TR forum and Sony brought TR to the majority of people, but those days are over. Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo are a company, their aim is to make money. None of them love you, so dont show love or loyalty back, cause they would just as quick sell you out.

interstellardave
23-05-06, 19:23
If Peter Moore had tripped over his own feet at E3 a good laugh would be had by all on this board... and I would have found it funny as well. But Sony is untouchable on this board. We've all seen the evidence.

Tombreaper
23-05-06, 19:24
So why you getting so upset about the conference being made fun of? I would love to think of the direction of this thread if it had been Xbox or Nintendo who had cocked up their conference......

The fact is that anyone on this forum gets a hard time if you dont agree that a Sony product is the best. Although i suppose that is to be expected as this is a TR forum and Sony brought TR to the majority of people, but those days are over. Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo are a company, their aim is to make money. None of them love you, so dont show love or loyalty back, cause they would just as quick sell you out.

Yes, you're right illuminati, I just want to avoid fanboy conversations on this forum, just because of that, that's all.

illuminati30
23-05-06, 19:29
Yes, you're right illuminati, I just want to avoid fanboy conversations on this forum, just because of that, that's all.

That is fine, so do I, and I am sure Dave as well. To avoid such things is a very good attitude to have.

Although there has been no fanboyness so far on this thread....

interstellardave
23-05-06, 19:31

I thought you were calling us (or me) fanboys... that's why I kept trying to restate what I was saying. I'm certain I don't present myself as a fanboy; I just don't think that way! I didn't want my strong thoughts about Sony right now to be viewed as such either. :)

illuminati30
23-05-06, 19:36
If someone came in here who was a real MS or Nintendo fanboy, they would sure as hell have a lot more to say about Sony right now that this stuff LOL

Tombreaper
23-05-06, 19:44
If someone came in here who was a real MS or Nintendo fanboy, they would sure as hell have a lot more to say about Sony right now that this stuff LOL

Well, I sure hope they stay away here then, it's a never ending story.

Let's go have fun on the other threads;)

illuminati30
23-05-06, 19:45
Well, I sure hope they stay away here then, it's a never ending story.

Let's go have fun on the other threads;)

So now you agree. So why did you say there was fanboyness here :confused:
This one is much fun already :tea:

Dingaling
23-05-06, 19:53
WII AND PS3 ROXXORS!!!!111111... M$360 SUXXORS!!!

Sorry, but I've been wanting to do that all reading this thread. I'll be truthful, it would be hard to pull me away from Sony because my first console was a Playstation. My second, non handheld, was a Playstation 2. I have a Gameboy Advance and a PSP (which is a multimedia device and shouldn't actually be competiting against a DS as they're both different things really). My thrid main console WILL be a PS3. So, Sony were the ones that introduced me to gaming. I have a sense of loyalty. Wouldn't say noto another console tho', LoL.

I'm not stupid and I do give credit where credit is due. Sony revolutionised gaming. Brought it into the mainstream and so on. Nintendo are very innovative. And Microsoft helped create a GREAT online system.

I will get a PS3 on launch. It'll be hard to get me away from Tekken :D

And before I go, what is up with the crab statement on some websites - the thing about the developer saying the battles were based on real events and then people are saying things like "So here's a giant crab"? Do people not know what the phrase "based on" means?

Wow, that was a random mess.

MiCkiZ88
23-05-06, 20:06
omg.. :vlol: this thread just goes on and on.. this is fun to watch :D the post above has a nice point to the.. BASED ON!

Punaxe
23-05-06, 21:12
Does anyone know where I can see the actual video of Sony's conference? I think everyone ought to before they'd actually laugh at the spoofs.
And I haven't :p

illuminati30
23-05-06, 21:16
Does anyone know where I can see the actual video of Sony's conference? I think everyone ought to before they'd actually laugh at the spoofs.
And I haven't :p

Its 1 hour and 45 mins long and its very.....emmmmmm boring!

www.gamespot.com (http://www.gamespot.com)

PS3 section, on the right, scroll down a bit :tmb:

Punaxe
23-05-06, 21:17
Right... I'll look at it some other time :p But, thanks!
I'm doing a new product release marketing analysis research case study paper thingie... So I'll have to :p