PDA

View Full Version : Islam in Europe Interactive MAP

meansizzler
24-05-06, 03:05
Interesting fact and figures on the muslim population in European Countires

MAP (http://msnbc.msn.com/id/12757599/)

All of you should check this out..., it's interesting but I question some of the figures, like only 4 Percent of the Population in the UK are Muslims, that's hard to believe considering I see them everywhere, maybe it's just where I live...

MiCkiZ88
24-05-06, 06:49
so.. is that a bad thing :confused:

JamesFKirk
24-05-06, 07:06
Is there a map "Christians in Asia"? Would have similar significance.

MiCkiZ88
24-05-06, 08:37
Is there a map "Christians in Asia"? Would have similar significance.
I dont know why this thread was even created? racism?

Draco
24-05-06, 08:47
Who cares either way? It doesn't matter.

MiCkiZ88
24-05-06, 08:48
whoa... are you speaking to me? or to meansizzler

Pipolinne
24-05-06, 09:30
Since the Middle Ages and before that Europe has Islamic people ! Portugal has a utterly rich Islamic culture,and,nowadays,of course we have portuguese people who prefer this religion,the same way we have Catholics,Protestants,Jewish,etc!

Sincerly,I do not understand the reason of this thread.Religion does not build fanatics;those who are like that would be fanatics of any other thing!

MiCkiZ88
24-05-06, 09:32
Since the Middle Ages and before that Europe has Islamic people ! Portugal has a utterly rich Islamic culture,and,nowadays,of course we have portuguese people who prefer this religion,the same way we have Catholics,Protestants,Jewish,etc!

Sincerly,I do not understand the reason of this thread.Religion does not build fanatics;those who are like that would be fanatics of any other thing!
nicely put

tha_mattster
24-05-06, 09:33
I hope more people migrate to scotland, almost everyone is white.

MiCkiZ88
24-05-06, 09:38
I hope more people migrate to scotland, almost everyone is white.
same here.. :D though our city has more foreigners immigrating here now

tha_mattster
24-05-06, 09:41
People said our countries would be ruined by letting eastern europeans work here, but since thats happened our economy has improved a lot. http://www.websmileys.com/sm/happy/1074.gifHoray for polish people http://www.websmileys.com/sm/happy/1074.gif

meansizzler
24-05-06, 09:50
THis is General Chat, so we can talk about anything, I don't see you lot question TLR when he makes them Politcal Threads...

MiCkiZ88
24-05-06, 09:53
THis is General Chat, so we can talk about anything, I don't see you lot question TLR when he makes them Politcal Threads...
never mind.. mis understood...

tha_mattster
24-05-06, 09:53
I think people were concerned about your motives for posting this, nobody thinks you have no right to.

it's the way you phrase your post. 'All of you should check this out' thats like we need to prepare for a storm or something. And when you say 'I see them everywhere', how do you see muslims? Do you mean you see people with brown skin everywhere?

meansizzler
24-05-06, 10:13
I think people were concerned about your motives for posting this, nobody thinks you have no right to.

it's the way you phrase your post. 'All of you should check this out' thats like we need to prepare for a storm or something. And when you say 'I see them everywhere', how do you see muslims? Do you mean you see people with brown skin everywhere?

OH sorry, I never meant it that way, i'm one myself, I jsut meant that I see alot of more than the 4% mentioned in the map...and it's not just the way I phrase it, it's the way you interpret it..., don't alwasy go thinking the worse in people...

Pipolinne
24-05-06, 10:36
I took it wrongly. Sorry:)!

Wolfguard
24-05-06, 13:04
Well, I found the link very interesting. Providing information for the sake of knowledge is a good thing, so my thanks to the poster for the link.

As far as accusing people of racism - I'm half English and half Mexican. I've seen racism on both sides and been on the receiving end of it from "fellow" Mexicans due to my light skin tone. In my opinion, too many people use the words "racist" or "racism" too liberally and without reserve, often applying it to things which are nothing of the sort. If you're going to accuse someone of such, you should prove it beyond the shadow of a doubt, otherwise the meaning of the word becomes useless.