PDA

View Full Version : MAX Media Player - unleash the power of your DS!

illuminati30
25-05-06, 00:37
http://uk.codejunkies.com/news_reviews.asp?c=GB&cr=&cs=&r=1&l=&page=1&p=17&i=8952&s=8

Cool idea, but a bit pricey i say, although you wont have to buy any movies, they can be transfered from PC, music as well :tmb: Defo getting this!

badboy70
25-05-06, 08:13
i know, but id don't have enough money and i wont the cheat system as well.

illuminati30
25-05-06, 14:16
i know, but id don't have enough money and i wont the cheat system as well.

I will probably save up for this, because all the films i own can be viewed on this. I will not need to buy films, so in the long run it will pay for itself.

This could be serious competition for the PSP as PSP players are expected to buy UMD, and lets face it, it has not taken off.

By the way, whats the cheats system?

badboy70
25-05-06, 15:33
MAX AR, allows you to cheat like infinite health and stuff :D

illuminati30
25-05-06, 15:39
MAX AR, allows you to cheat like infinite health and stuff :D

Naughty naughty! you dont need that :tea:

badboy70
25-05-06, 15:40
oh yes id do ! i'm stuck in lost in blue and i can't get back to the cave to sleep :D

meansizzler
25-05-06, 16:35
Your forgetting the screen on the DS is pants, even the new one, my PDA/Phone has a better screen than it, so it will be pointless watching movies on it, Nintendo have always used crap screens...

LiquidKal
25-05-06, 16:39
Thats a pretty sweet looking addon, but I won't be getting one. Not only because I don't find Datel's products very reliable, but also because I only use my DS for games. But if I want to watch videos I use my PSP. Higher resolution, wide screen, basically better designed for videos. And you don't have to buy UMDs btw, you can use your own videos and transfer them to a memory stick, just like this DS addon does.

I've had a lot of trouble with Datel products in the past. My Action Replay MAX will only occasionally boot games on my PS2, most of the time it shows that red screen, even with no codes activated. But if I reboot and try again, it might work. If not, reboot again etc.

Also the 4GB Hard Drive they released for PSP is apparently pretty dodgy. I haven't got one myself, but heard it has much slower access times than a memory stick which causes problems when viewing videos, running certain programs etc. Hopefully it won't be the same with this DS device, but I don't really trust them.

illuminati30
25-05-06, 16:40
Your forgetting the screen on the DS is pants, even the new one, my PDA/Phone has a better screen than it, so it will be pointless watching movies on it, Nintendo have always used crap screens...

I have only played games on it, and its fine. Need to see what its like for movies.

badboy70
25-05-06, 17:04
take a look on the site of media player, they show a screenshot from the ds where LOST is playing. that seems pretty good :tmb: