PDA

View Full Version : Uni practical exam!!

clairelovestlc
25-05-06, 18:56
As some of you know, im at university in cambridge doing a drama degree....

It's my end of year practical exam at university tomorrow. We are doing Abigails party and im pooping my pants! Not only is it worth 60% my grade, if i fail it i cant continue with my degree.... oh and If i muck up, i effect everyone elses grades too!!!! http://www.peugeot-cc.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/worriedsmiley.gif
Please everyone cross your fingers for me tomorrow!!! http://www.peugeot-cc.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/please.gif
( I also have a 2000 word essay to do by tomorrow, a 5000 word essay to do by tuesday, and a 2 hour written exam wednesday EEK!)

Titanium
25-05-06, 18:56
Good luck Claire! :tmb:

saray
25-05-06, 18:57
omg GOOD LUCK, you will do great though, just don't panic, take their breath away!!! :hug: :D

ChineseDragon
25-05-06, 18:58
Oh I was in Camebrigde in March. Very nice city. :)

Good luck!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure you'll pass it

clairelovestlc
25-05-06, 19:03
Thankyou for your kind wishes... and yes cambridge is a beautiful city!! i dont live there, just study there, i live about 20 miles away in ely... not far from the catherdral

VonCroy360
25-05-06, 19:08
Good luck! Just calm down, don't panic and everything will be OK... :)

:( I wan't to study in Cambridge! Maybe there still is some hope for me...
I'm planning to go study in the UK... Hopefully my grades will be good enough and I'll be able to get a scholarship...

I heard it's really difficult to get in Cambridge, but others are nice too: York and Edinburgh seem really preety... :D

jarhead
25-05-06, 20:29
just take a deep breath and let your hand just write. im sure you'll do fine and pass with such a high percentage hollywood will be on your doorstep.

and how can you screw up doing a drama pratical??

clairelovestlc
25-05-06, 20:33
get my lines wrong, fall off the satge, get my objectives wrong, spill my drink, etc etc...I'ts a performance exam, im graded on my acting

Greenkey2
25-05-06, 20:35
Oh, good luck Claire! :tmb: :hug: :jmp: You'll be fine, no worries :D

It can't get worse than my pratical biology exam - I dropped a whole flask of hot yeast mixture on the floor....:whi:

jarhead
25-05-06, 20:39
get my lines wrong, fall off the satge, get my objectives wrong, spill my drink, etc etc...I'ts a performance exam, im graded on my acting

i thought that doing those would add 'depth' into a performance.

clairelovestlc
25-05-06, 20:44
falling off stage might kill the performance!!! ive done it before, its a 6 foot drop, and it hurts!!!

jarhead
25-05-06, 20:50
oh well i suppose it will actually add 'depth' in all sense of the meaning.

im sure you'll do fine. do you have to act out a pre-written scene or write it all yourself.

and i dropped drama and thew earliest time as i hate it to the ends of the earth- but that statement was rather pointless

clairelovestlc
25-05-06, 21:06
Tthis is from a script, and the examiner has my edited script, and i loose marks if i get any lines wrong :S

I've written a show before tho for an exam many years ago when i was at school... it was far easier

jarhead
25-05-06, 21:10
is it a long piece or 3 lines. i'll still manage to foget if my part was 3 lines long :D

clairelovestlc
25-05-06, 21:11
In the dress rehearsal today it ran at one hour 10 min long... probably be about an hour tomorrow...

jarhead
25-05-06, 21:12
:yik: * faints* :yik:

and you have to remember around 1 hours worth of acting. im sure you'll manage

clairelovestlc
25-05-06, 21:13
its about 200 ish pages of text ( a whole play)

jarhead
25-05-06, 21:18
well im sure you'll blow there heads away. :D

clairelovestlc
25-05-06, 21:19
thankyou :)

Dingaling
25-05-06, 21:22
The great thing is, you could always improvise any text you mucked up or forget :D Say you mess up the line "Buy dollies and brollies!" by saying "Drollies and bollies buy them!" you could say something like this: "Oh bother, I said that all wrong. My head is all over the place, let's start again!" :D

Good luck, I'm sure you'll do well!

clairelovestlc
25-05-06, 21:30
The great thing is, you could always improvise any text you mucked up or forget :D Say you mess up the line "Buy dollies and brollies!" by saying "Drollies and bollies buy them!" you could say something like this: "Oh bother, I said that all wrong. My head is all over the place, let's start again!" :D

Good luck, I'm sure you'll do well!

if i did that i would fail!!!

the examiner has my annotated script, i loose marks if i get words wrong, if i did that, they would chuck me off the degree!!!

Geck-o-Lizard
25-05-06, 21:32
Goodness me, that's a lot of writing. :eek:

I'm sure you'll do great in your practical tho, as sure as I am that you won't leap off the stage unintentionally during any of it. :D

Dingaling
25-05-06, 21:32
Well that's just wrong! Actors improvise ALL the time! They forget and muck up ALL the time (well, you know what I mean). I say slap him/her around the head and then kick him/her a coupla times!

And, good luck again :D

clairelovestlc
26-05-06, 18:13
Hello!, just got in from my exam, and its been a very long day ( would have been alot shorter if me and some friends hadnt ended up in a bar lol) The exam went ok... could have gone better, could have gone worse, i think i did fine though ( will know when i get my results in august how much better, or worse i could have done!)

http://www.peugeot-cc.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/thanks.gif for all for the good luck messages.

Now ive just got my end of year assesment and my exam wednesday to worry about!!

jarhead
26-05-06, 18:24
:hug: glad you think you done OK

and tleast the hard parts over with.

Laras Backpack
26-05-06, 18:52
Now ive just got my end of year assesment and my exam wednesday to worry about!!
Good luck with that! :tmb:

Greenkey2
26-05-06, 19:36
I'm glad it went well Claire :wve: :hug: Once all the hard work's out the way you can relax :)

clairelovestlc
26-05-06, 19:50
welll put Greenkey2! once i get next week over, i have 10 weeks off to relax and do what ever i want

jarhead
26-05-06, 19:55
:yik: 10 whole weeks.

well enjoy yourself. i suppose uni people would need rest.

clairelovestlc
26-05-06, 20:01
make that 12 weeks! woooo

meansizzler
26-05-06, 20:20
make that 12 weeks! woooo

Why don't you invite us all over for a BBQ...:D

Nephili
26-05-06, 20:59
Good luck! I hope you do well :hug:

clairelovestlc
26-05-06, 21:07
Why don't you invite us all over for a BBQ...:D

sure ur all welcome :cln:

clairelovestlc
31-05-06, 18:13
sorry its taken me so long to get back, but ive been rather busy... My practical exam went great, got all my lines right etc... think i did pretty well, essay and corsework are handed in.

Had my written exam today, and there is no way ive passed it!!! The questions were all hard, i didnt understand the plays covered in the exam, and i only wrote 11 pages

jarhead
31-05-06, 18:53
:yik: only 11 pages?? :yik:

im sure you've passed.

clairelovestlc
31-05-06, 18:58
i doubt it, the essays i wrote dont deserve to pass!

I picked the two easiest questions, which were:

" Analyse the effects of stage violence in relation to the tragic action of Titus Andronicus and the Ducess of malfi, you are also welcome to give refrence to other plays and a relevent practitioner in addition to your set texts"

"The bordem of pre-determined every day existance is not an appropriate subject for tragedy, to what extent do you agree with this statment in relation to Three Sisters and Pheadras love and the practitioner Nichze's teachings of true tragedy. you should also give refrence to other post- renassiance literature u have read"

jarhead
31-05-06, 19:04
you are also welcome to give refrence to other plays and a relevent practitioner in addition to your set texts"

how about NO!! :D

if there the easiest question i would hate to even read the harder ones. i hate writing essays but i have to do one on romeo and julliet her her stupid parents. :(

Apofiss
31-05-06, 19:14
60%!? that's quite disproportional proportion, isn't it? O_o ..good luck, Claire! :wve: