PDA

View Full Version : Anyone excited about Wii???????????

illuminati30
25-05-06, 23:55
No Bashing please!

Anyone else VERY excited about this??? :jmp: :jmp: :jmp: :jmp: :jmp: :jmp: :jmp:

The IGN E3 wrap up of this console is a very interesting read, seems they stole the show, with their best E3 presentation to date and the games booths queued out!

For Nintendo, E3 2006 was do or die time in the terms of continuing the business of console gaming. With a struggling end to the lackluster life of GameCube, fans and critics across the world were eager to see if the Big N could deliver on its promise of a true gaming revolution. In a surprising move to say the least, Nintendo announced at E3 2005 that its newest console, code named Revolution, would deliver a new way to interact with technology, and a new age of gaming for people of all ages, not just hardcore gamers.

At the time we were a bit skeptical, as we'd seen the "gaming is for everyone" mentality used in the portable world with DS, but were constantly haunted by the fact that Nintendo would be starting this generation already in third place, putting everything it had into a technically weaker system that hinged on a still-mysterious input device. In short, Nintendo was believed to either grow or die based entirely on its E3 2006 presentation. Now that the dust has settled on one of the most important events in Nintendo history, what can we say about the company's future?

It's a brand new day for Nintendo.

*More here*

http://uk.revolution.ign.com/articles/710/710033p1.html

The controller managed to bring a new life to gaming, proving that playing truly is believing

I really cant wait to play this, I dont play games like driving and sports anymore, i feel i did all that as a teenager, but with this console, these kind of games interest me again!

The Wii may be technically weaker, but Reggie and company assured us at the closure of its event that while the games may not be mind-blowing in a graphical sense, it would be on a gameplay level

Cant wait to get my hands on Metroid Prime, and if they say its going to look better than it did on the Gamecube, then i can only imagine!

With Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Nintendo is redefining the first-person genre using a brand new control scheme. Those of you getting frustrated with the dual analog setup have nothing to fear, as Prime 3 delivers a more natural and realistic form of control with use of the Wii-mote and nunchuck combination, and it's slick

Nintendo wanted to prove that anyone can make an awesome Wii game, and it succeeded

As E3 2006 closed, fans across the world took a collective sigh of relief. Nintendo needed to take the world by storm, and it succeeded.

We learned about new console features such as an in-controller speaker (possibly microphone?), Opera web browser and WiiConnect24, and witnessed some awesome third party support

Now i really like the microphone idea, if it is used in the same way as the DS, it really is very sensitive and is very innovative the way it is used to solve puzzles ie recording voice, or blowing off dust, or blowing sails on a boat, or trying to stop a feather falling or something.

Can you imagine playing TR with this! Using the add on zapper! Using the nunchaku to interact with mechanisms, blowing dust off artifacts! The possibilities are endless! I wonder if this will ever happen? Very possible seeing as TRL is coming to Gamecube

:jmp: :jmp: :jmp: :jmp: :jmp: :jmp:

Tombreaper
26-05-06, 00:02
I'm curious, not exited. A funny piece of hardware.

illuminati30
26-05-06, 00:03
I'm curious, not exited. A funny piece of hardware.

We all need a bit of funny!

Tombreaper
26-05-06, 00:06
We all need a bit of funny!

Yeah, ff course, I'm sure it's going to be fun with Wii.
I'm really curious about the controller and the games we can play with it.:)

Waylander
26-05-06, 00:06
I'm really looking forward to the Wii. I want to play the new Mario, Zelda and Red Steel games.

Punaxe
26-05-06, 00:07
I've never had much with consoles, but I must say, this Wii ... Really seems very innovative and different. It does not make me use eleven question marks in my thread's subject just yet, but I too am definitely curious.

:p

Thorir
26-05-06, 00:08
Not bashing, but...:
ABSOLUTELY NOT.

Hypnosos
26-05-06, 00:11
No.

Maybe about the games coming to Wii though.

illuminati30
26-05-06, 00:11
I've never had much with consoles, but I must say, this Wii ... Really seems very innovative and different. It does not make me use eleven question marks in my thread's subject just yet, but I too am definitely curious.

:p

:vlol:

You counted!

Rivendell
26-05-06, 00:12
Yeah it'll be cool, I'm not really hyped about it like a couple of my mates are though ;)

illuminati30
26-05-06, 00:13
Yeah it'll be cool, I'm not really hyped about it like a couple of my mates are though ;)

I am trying not to be, but the IGN report made me hyped!

stereopathic
26-05-06, 00:14
i have to admit i'm extremely excited about playing a wii, but i wonder if it would have too much of a novelty-feeling that would wear off quickly. i know the E3 reprts of how the controller interacts with madden (american) football were simply raves and that gets me excited, but i wonder if i would miss laying on my side with my head on a pillow playing mindless hack-n-slashers.

DcGaMeR415
26-05-06, 00:18
im thinking about getting a wii. the red steel game looks fun.

illuminati30
26-05-06, 00:19
i have to admit i'm extremely excited about playing a wii, but i wonder if it would have too much of a novelty-feeling that would wear off quickly. i know the E3 reprts of how the controller interacts with madden (american) football were simply raves and that gets me excited, but i wonder if i would miss laying on my side with my head on a pillow playing mindless hack-n-slashers.

They have promised that you will be able to use the controller in this way as well.

Angel666
26-05-06, 00:32
I am very excited!! I will be getting the Wii as my first Next Gen console. The sword fighting in Red Steel looks so cool. Imagine a Star Wars game on that. Can you say lightsabers?! Now I'm all excited. :jmp:

illuminati30
26-05-06, 00:34
. Can you say lightsabers?!

lightsabers!!!!!!!

stereopathic
26-05-06, 00:41
hell yeah lightsabers.

Tombreaper
26-05-06, 00:56
What if people only buying the Wii, and the hardware can't handle the TR 8 engine, I'm not sure about TR 8 ff course.:confused:

stereopathic
26-05-06, 00:59
what platform TR8 comes out on will absolutely affect my decision of what console to buy. the only reason i went with ps 2 was because of AoD.

ILG49ers
26-05-06, 02:01
It looks kind of cool, but I really don't have much interest in it.

JamesFKirk
26-05-06, 07:37
I don't question whether it will be a good piece of hardware. I question whether it can stand in the competion with PS3 and X360, or whether it will fare as well as N64 and Gamecube did.

BoyTRaider
26-05-06, 08:43
Yes, I am extremely excited... I can't wait to play Twilight Princess on it.

Btw, is Twilight Princess still coming out for GC? On E3 I only saw it for Wii.

badboy70
26-05-06, 08:48
it looks like a cool machine, with bluetooth etc. i'd like to see the new mario ( whats that new one called again ? )

James Burgon
26-05-06, 09:01
Mario party is hilarious with my friends. We play it with a few beers and that before going out and it's full of jokes (thats the N64 version).

If they release a version where it uses the Wii technology, well, that'd be an amazing game to play with a group of friends a bit drunk! I can't wait. And Super Smash Bros, and Twilight Princess. Seems like i'm getting a Wii.

illuminati30
26-05-06, 11:00
what platform TR8 comes out on will absolutely affect my decision of what console to buy. the only reason i went with ps 2 was because of AoD.

I am totally the same. Thats th only reason i bought a PS2 as well. Although I have an Xbox 360, so i am not worried about TR8 anymore, and I really do think this game will come to Wii.

illuminati30
26-05-06, 11:01
Yes, I am extremely excited... I can't wait to play Twilight Princess on it.

Btw, is Twilight Princess still coming out for GC? On E3 I only saw it for Wii.

Yes Matt, the Wii version will have extras. Basically when people see it on Wii, they are seeing a Gamecube game being played on Wii.

LegenDarY
26-05-06, 11:45
Can someone tell me if this is real?:

http://upload.talk2.nl/files/984107Zelda%20Wii.jpg
Do you get this with the game or something (no i'm not that stupid.. i don't believe it either.. but it would be kinda cool :D)

interstellardave
26-05-06, 11:49
I don't question whether it will be a good piece of hardware. I question whether it can stand in the competion with PS3 and X360, or whether it will fare as well as N64 and Gamecube did.

They're not aiming to compete... they've said as much. Their mission statement was to make the perfect complimentary console. They rightly realized that the PS3 and 360 would reach the exact same market and would have a large majority of titles in common. So they said, "hey after you buy your 360 or PS3 check out the Wii, which won't break your wallet and which will have all the other games on the market, most of which won't be on the other 2 consoles." They've achieved this perfectly IMO.

badboy70
26-05-06, 11:56
Do you get this with the game or something (no i'm not that stupid.. i don't believe it either.. but it would be kinda cool :D)
as far as i know there will be such upgrades for you controller, like transform it into a gun etc...

LegenDarY
26-05-06, 12:05
as far as i know there will be such upgrades for you controller, like transform it into a gun etc...
ooomg.. that's so cool.. i really would like to play Zelda like that.. pretending to be Link and hitting monsters with my sword.. and protecting myself with my shield.. :D :cool:

it's also very smart.. this way some of the lazy-ass games will get some exercise ;)

badboy70
26-05-06, 12:06
ooomg.. that's so cool.. i really would like to play Zelda like that.. pretending to be Link and hitting monsters with my sword.. and protecting myself with my shield.. :D :cool:

it's also very smart.. this way some of the lazy-ass games will get some exercise ;)
i already saw a movie with a person who holds his controller and is fighting someone in a game with it. it looked supercool, and the graphics where very good :tmb:
that way you get some exercise, just like you said :D

illuminati30
26-05-06, 12:23

OMG :vlol: I very much dount it, but i wouldnt put it past them!

illuminati30
26-05-06, 12:25

:vlol: You crack me up!

tomblover
26-05-06, 16:41

LOL!!! :vlol: Zelda fans must love this!

scion05
26-05-06, 16:45
more excited than the crappy ps3...

Tombreaper
26-05-06, 17:01
more excited than the crappy ps3...

illuminati started this thread with:

'No Bashing please'

ff course I know he doesn't allow nobody on this forum bashing the Wii, but in general also bashing nothing.

scion05
26-05-06, 17:02

'No Bashing please'

ff course I know he doesn't allow nobody on this forum bashing the Wii, but in general also bashing nothing.

im saying what i think :p

ive had so many probs with my ps2, ill say what i like :)

btw i dont mean to be rude etc :)

stereopathic
26-05-06, 17:02

'No Bashing please'

huh?

Tombreaper
26-05-06, 17:13
huh?

???

Tombreaper
26-05-06, 17:15
im saying what i think :p

ive had so many probs with my ps2, ill say what i like :)

btw i dont mean to be rude etc :)

Okay:) :) I never had any proplem with both my PS1 & PS2, and that's 10 years. PlayStation made and still makes me happy:)

Hypnosos
26-05-06, 17:23

OMG! If that is true, I just GOTTA get a Wii!!!!!! That is bringing gaming to a whole new level.

LegenDarY
26-05-06, 17:31
OMG! If that is true, I just GOTTA get a Wii!!!!!! That is bringing gaming to a whole new level.
well it does work like that.. in the trailer you have to hit monsters with your sword in the game by making that movement with the white device.. and also aim your arrows and shoot them with your bow.. by aiming with the white device

but i haven't seen that you could actually attach a sword and/or shield to it.. it would look very wierd seeing someone do that in front of the television.. but i think it would be cool :p

Hybrid Soldier
26-05-06, 19:29
I'm pretty psyched for it.

Online!? Wow, if it's free...which it better be considering it'd be online 24/7, i'll be so happy!

The only games that look interesting so far are:

Twilight Princess
Call of Duty 3