rsaw10
26-05-06, 11:00
Which is better Tomb Raider:Angels OF Darkness or Tomb Raider:Legend
Please have your say on this thead!:tmb:

VonCroy360
26-05-06, 11:01
Angel of Darkness: better storyline
Legend: everything else

You decide what do you want from a game... :)

badboy70
26-05-06, 11:03
angel of darkness : totally ain't TR
legend : perfect but short ( i don't care, it was a good game :) )

so i prefer TRL

Kamrusepas
26-05-06, 11:04
I'd have to go with AoD :)

MiCkiZ88
26-05-06, 11:05
forgive me TRL fans.. but Aod wins for better story line and impressive scenes.. and that totally is tomb raider..

what are you talking about.. no tombs? Heck there were some pretty impressive tombs! And what about that grave yard in paris.. totally tomb raider!

Cochrane
26-05-06, 11:05
In my opinion, definitly TRL. AOD had bad controls, many annoying aspects, did not feel like Tomb Raider to me and had a story line I did not like. TRL is too easy and too short, but other than that, nearly perfect.

MiCkiZ88: About anything until you got into the excavation site in the Louvre did not like Tomb Raider to me (the graveyard doesn't really change that feeling much). Collecting money or items to sell, and not having the usual double pistols with unlimited ammo as well did not feel like Tomb Raider to me. Controlling Kurtis (who might have been cool if he didn't walk like a gorilla) through something that reminds me of a Stasi prison did not feel like Tomb Raider, either. Of course, that is just my opinion, but you have to admit that there are some parts that are quite far from the original games.

angelika
26-05-06, 11:12
Angel of Darkness: better storyline
Legend: everything else

You decide what do you want from a game... :)

Although it's not fair to compare different things, I'll have to second Von Croy360

rsaw10
26-05-06, 11:19
TRL has 4 votes (inclunding me)
AOD has 2 votes
TRL is winning
Keep it coming guys

angelika
26-05-06, 11:24
TRL has 4 votes (inclunding me)
AOD has 2 votes
TRL is winning
Keep it coming guys

I think it's vice versa, isn't it?

Kamrusepas
26-05-06, 11:26
I counted 2-2

Mona Sax
26-05-06, 11:28
TRL. It's better in every aspect IMO.

Pipolinne
26-05-06, 11:31
TRL. There aren't much things I enjoyed in AOD.

LegenDarY
26-05-06, 11:32
i'm sorry to say it.. but i completely agree with Micki,

AoD was a great game.. and i don't get the argument that it's not a TR game.. why on earth isn't it? just because she's not raiding tombes 24/7 doesn't make it a non-TR-game.. this was actually far more realistic.. she had to go and talk to people in cities to gain information.. i love it..

now don't get me wrong.. i love Legend.. absolutely love it.. but imagine AoD with the Legend engine.. that would be so much better than Legend with the Legend engine :p

tha_mattster
26-05-06, 11:53
AoD for me.

TRL was like a fun action game. But the story was like a camp soap opera. The levels in TRL look amazing, but its almost like a tech demo. All that space in Ghana with the waterfall, and the best they can make of it is to let you open the door? And it is such an unchallenging game, I didnt have to worry about traps, because the game plays them for me, and lara rarely dies. And then, in 2 days, its over! I can spend a day or two on a level in AoD, so the game is rewarding and fresh for weeks.

In AoD there are so many areas that are vast and breathtaking, the Hall of Seasons, and its various challenges is my favourite area from any tomb raider game. Maybe 10% or so more time should be in tombs, but I liked the city levels, they are a nice contrast from the caverns, and tie in well with the story.

Obviously Legend has better controls, its very easy to play. But thats not the reason I want to play a game, I want to feel the atmosphere and be intrigued by the plot. Legend feels very shallow, Lara may shout and scream, but I don't find it convincing, it's as though the developers didnt understand what Lara is all about and what makes her special. I think the Lara in AoD is just perfect and how I remember her from the earlier games. Intelligent, mature, cool and sexy, without ripping her clothes up!

Punaxe
26-05-06, 12:00
hmm, let me play AoD again to see... :p

Geck-o-Lizard
26-05-06, 12:07
AoD for me too.

I adored the atmosphere they created with it, and the controls didn't even bug me at all; I'd mastered them by the end of the second level. Storyline was really intriguing for me, and it takes me days to complete it even though I know what to do in most of the areas. I wasn't hindered by any bugs or glitches when I played it. Kurtis (the big galoot) was the only major thumbs down from me. :p

Legend was a romp, loads of fun, but wasn't very challenging, and I still don't really get what the story was. :confused: If I don't get involved in a game's story, I don't normally want to play it again. Felt more like an engine demonstration than a finished and polished epic. I can complete it in one sitting between lunch and dinnertime. :(

laras
26-05-06, 12:19
AOD. I feel sooooooo sorry for Core, right now we would be still playing AOD part 2! and not stupid and short Legend! :hea:

MiCkiZ88
26-05-06, 12:20
the tomb that was in aod.. heck it was so large! and amazing!

so in tr2 and tr3 there were non tomb levels.. so does that make it non tomb raider game ;) same with chronicles...

tha_mattster
26-05-06, 12:21
http://www.websmileys.com/sm/sad/1393.gifand they took awayhttp://www.smileypad.com/v224/Sad/Sob.gif FMV http://www.smileypad.com/v224/Sad/Bawling.gif

FMV is such a reward after a tough level. They only had one semi-FMV before the opening menu, and that was a cheap copy of james bond.

tha_mattster
26-05-06, 12:22
the tomb that was in aod.. heck it was so large! and amazing!

so in tr2 and tr3 there were non tomb levels.. so does that make it non tomb raider game ;) same with chronicles...

good point! Venice is a lot of people favourite level.

xMiSsCrOfTx
26-05-06, 12:49
TRL, most definitely.

IMO, you can't say AOD was better just because you pity Core. The games were very different obviously, I'd think you'd want to actually choose between the two based on the actual content of the games. Not the creators.

**Btw, the statement I made above isn't directed to anyone, it's just people in general. :)**

laras
26-05-06, 12:59
TRL, most definitely.

IMO, you can't say AOD was better just because you pity Core. The games were very different obviously, I'd think you'd want to actually choose between the two based on the actual content of the games. Not the creators.

If you are talking to me, yes i do pity Core, but it's not the reason i like AOD. Legend looks and feels like any other game (prince of persia, matrix........) And Tomb Raider games should be unique experience (TR1,2,3,4,5,6.) not look and fell like any other game.(Legend) Also Eidos is soo stupid! They hear bad critics and already they are taking Tomb Raider from Core!:hea: It's like EA games taking Sims from Maxis. :cen:

xMiSsCrOfTx
26-05-06, 12:59
Oh, not you specifically, I just meant people in general. Maybe I should edit the 'you' part out of there. Sorry. :)

LegenDarY
26-05-06, 13:20
TRL, most definitely.

**Btw, the statement I made above isn't directed to anyone, it's just people in general. :)**
that's just one person who said that.. it's better if you comment on people who gave a real opinion and some pretty darn good reasons why AoD is better.. the gameplay and graphics are better in Legend (even the story was great, but AoD's was just better, if you they would have finised it).. but the game itself isn't imo :)

and Alyssa, i do agree with you that the reason about the creators doesn't make sense.. you don't judge a game by who created it, but by what the game is like

Lara Croft!
26-05-06, 13:34
AOD....Better story,had Kurtis in it,Lara had a better voice.

But Legend is no doubt a great game.It just feels more like TR movie than TR game and it was too short.

ILG49ers
26-05-06, 13:38
Tomb Raider Legend is a lot better than AOD, IMO.

BlackGrey
26-05-06, 13:42
TRL :p

laralives
26-05-06, 13:50
Just as Simple As AOD :)

Tombreaper
26-05-06, 13:57
I would say, play both!
The 2 weakest TR games, but still good enough:)

Rivendell
26-05-06, 14:04
AoD- it felt so much more like Tomb Raider than TRL did, the plot was great, Lara was brilliant, and it had length, and explorability!

TRL didn't feel like TR for me, for numerous reasons.

MiCkiZ88
26-05-06, 14:09
So let's make list shall we

AOD:

-Impressive story line.. just like the one Tlr
-beautifull lara model
-her clothes and hair move in a more natural way than in legend
-Impressive and athmosperic locations :eek:
-Scary!
-hard
-focused on few locations rather than millions in legend
-Tomb raidery

Legend:

-Beautifull arears but everyplace is so damn short! and there were not enough wildlife...
-Athmosphrere was too child friendly (oh what beautifull strings you hear there )
-too many enemies or the right amount but there didn't jump at you in the classic way that would freak you out
-Me want my fmv's back!
-too bloody easy!
-Child friendly.. wasn't scary!

Nephili
26-05-06, 14:12
I preferred Legend, and its story. I liked AoD's story, but it just didnt feel right for Tomb Raider, but thats just my opinion.

CerebralAssassin
26-05-06, 14:13
Aod :d

Eleanna123
26-05-06, 14:17
I like Legend very much, Lara was much more beautiful than in AOD (less mean looking :p) , the story was pretty good, the levels were nicely done and it wasn't too difficult (like TR3 and TR4 for example). Yes, I prefer it that way, I know it's weird :p

I like AOD as well, second time around was much better. I liked the Lara-Kurtis thing and wish we could see more of him in an upcoming TR!

stereopathic
26-05-06, 16:18
AoD. legend seemed to forget tomb raiders roots. its combat system was infinitely beter, but it had to be because that's all there was: combat. besides the england levels and some of khazakstan, there was hardly any puzzle solving, and that's why we play tomb raider, right?

legend has its good points, the MANSION, the graphics, the control system (even though AoD kicks legend's ass underwater), the fun factor. it was a very entertaining game to play. the bosses, aside from amanda's pet, were way less annoying. the fmv's were outstanding even if there were way too many of them.

but AoD had a more intriguing story and it didn't have zip and allastair barking in my ear the whole time. it had a devious villain who seemed truly dangerous. and a spookier feeling. in the end, i just found it more enjoyable.

Lost Angel 21
26-05-06, 16:48
AoD, definetly. I loved the storyline. There's so much more to it....

I haven't played Legend yet. My stupid Blockbuster hasn't had it in any time I come to rent something.

I'm not going to spend $50 dollars well earned on a game I might not even like.

lara_lookalike
26-05-06, 17:11
aod-KURTIS!!!!!:cln:

legend-no kurtis!!!!!:(

ben croft
26-05-06, 17:21
Tomb Raider Legend.

:wve:

Tombreaper
26-05-06, 17:26
Angel of Darkness, more value for money.

laras
26-05-06, 17:28
I take back what i said about Legend. :D I was in bad mood :D I think Legned and Aod has it's own good and bad points. :)

LegenDarY
26-05-06, 17:37
i'm surprised so many people vote for AoD.. i thought everyone thought Legend was a better game.. and everyone hated AoD :p

Rivendell
26-05-06, 17:40
Wicked avatar!! :tmb:

Catlantean
26-05-06, 17:42
AOD for story, atmosphere and Lara.
Legend for gameplay/controls.

lara_lookalike
26-05-06, 17:48

exactly!!!!!

rachkitten
26-05-06, 17:53
TRL!!! :wve:

Night_Heaven
26-05-06, 17:56
Angel of Darkness for Lara and story and music:)

LegenDarY
26-05-06, 17:57
Wicked avatar!! :tmb:
If you're talking about mine, than thanx.. yours is very cool to! :D

Angel666
26-05-06, 17:59
The only good aspect of AOD, imo, was the score but I prefer Legend, hands down.

Tombreaper
26-05-06, 18:12
i'm surprised so many people vote for AoD.. i thought everyone thought Legend was a better game.. and everyone hated AoD :p

That's so cool 'bout Legend, the game brings us really back to TR's roots:

Many people replay or play the classics for the first time.
And Legend makes us re-judge AoD, just to find out the game wasn't that crap.

Though Legend is a good game, ..it's the most crap in the TR series.

Dingaling
26-05-06, 18:16
Y'know LegenDarY, it's amazing when you actually see polls about AOD. When the votes are actually in, there's usually quite a big gap between how many people liked it and hated it. The hating people usually have a louder voice and the polls usually have a small number of "no" to liking AOD and a large number of "Yes" to liking AOD.

I love both equally for different reasons (which I think takes away the equally). But, for the purpose of this thread: AOD.

Hybrid Soldier
26-05-06, 19:24
Don't get me wrong, AoD is a good game but i can't stand playing a game with that bad controls/glitches. To be completely honest, thats the first game i've ever played with that bad controls. Plot/story was rather interesting but in an odd way. Not really any tombs in the game either...
Though to be honest, i actually like how Lara looks in AoD more then TRL. In AoD she looks hot. :D

TRL has everything...actually let me rephrase that, it almost has everything. Great fluid controls, also an interesting storyline. Gameplay moves much faster than AoD. The whole atmosphere in TRL (especially in specific parts) were amazing. Downside is, there were a lot of human enemies then animals. Puzzles were pretty easy, but i didn't mind that.

So, i'll have to go with TRL.

tombraiderluka
26-05-06, 19:29
I prefer TRL!::)

rsaw10
26-05-06, 20:08
TRL 19 votes
AOD 17 votes
TRL are winning by 2 votes
Keep up the good work guys

Angel_14
26-05-06, 20:15
AoD. It worth that 30 Euros, what I spent on it and I will never sell it!

Night_Heaven
26-05-06, 20:22
TRL 19 votes
AOD 17 votes
TRL are winning by 2 votes

Taking in consideration that Trl is much more new than AoD..I think is a failure to be almost a tie...Soo..Trl is not that good:)

Oo...
Now AoD has 18 votes;)

Dingaling
26-05-06, 20:46
I have it down as 19 for AOD and 18 for TRL. That's including the post after yours rsaw10 (angel 14th's post). So, it'd have been 19 for AOD and 17 for Legend, and you have it the other way around. Maybe someone can triple check this? :)

TR freak
26-05-06, 21:05
Well whatever the score is u can add my vote in for AOD. If you want an explanation as to why I prefer AOD check out my post in the legend section in the thread titled "Legend?"

Tomb Raider Master
26-05-06, 21:08
I'd go with Legend. :)

Real Life Lara
26-05-06, 21:14
AOD no contest :)

Night_Heaven
26-05-06, 21:28
Now is 20 to 20...a pity...legend is falling ....ha ha ha..the big game is in tie with Aod...huraaaaaaaaaaaaa

BoyTRaider
26-05-06, 21:45
They both had some good aspects.

TRL: Amazing controls + graphics.

AOD: Loved the atmosphere and Storyline. There was definately more atmosphere in AOD. I got involved into the AOD storyline unlike TRL's, in which I'm sorry to say, it was very lame. :)

Elysia
26-05-06, 21:49
Same here... although I did start AoD again this afternoon and was quite pleasantly surprised at how 'Tomb Raider-y' it felt (I had kind of forgotten... it's been a while since I played AoD!). I've always ranked Legend and AoD neck a neck, but on re starting the game today, the sheer challenge and the genuine TR feeling just pushes AoD slightly ahead of Legend imo.

So I'm going with AoD ;)

Titanium
26-05-06, 21:50
Difficult decision...

AOD - Alot longer, better storyline and more atmosphere.

Legend - Better graphics, characters have more emotions, has secrets in it and better controls

I like both games alot but Legend wins :tmb:

BoyTRaider
26-05-06, 21:52
Same here... although I did start AoD again this afternoon and was quite pleasantly surprised at how 'Tomb Raider-y' it felt (I had kind of forgotten... it's been a while since I played AoD!).
So I'm going with AoD ;)
Thanks for saying that... I'm about to go play AOD right now. :jmp:

focus
26-05-06, 22:27
AOD all the way, im so surprised people rather have AOD, i remerber just before TRL was about to be released everyone was saying that it was going to mop the floor with AOD, well look how the mighty have fallen. :P

mau3genius
26-05-06, 22:53
Angel of Darkness wins for me.

Melonie Tomb Raider
26-05-06, 22:53
oooooh :eek: I wonder who's winning! :p

tha_mattster
26-05-06, 22:57
I think this shows people care a lot about the tone of the game, and perhaps less important is how it physically feels like to play.

here is a crazy analogy: :D

AoD is a brilliant novel, a tour de force, but the pages are sticky and the spine has collapsed.

TRL is a brand new book, glossy and easy to read like a magazine, but devoid of emotion and is superficial.

So what we need is to have AoD rebound in a modern form!

Joseph
26-05-06, 23:18
Tomb Raider Legend. ;)

PirateRose
26-05-06, 23:19
Legend: pwns AOD, all it needed was to be just a little bit longer.

Death to Kurtis! You AOD fans are truely psycho, obsessive fans do to him. XD

Can't we make a poll, I would like to see the actual numbers for this.

EDIT: let me add this little tibid. I believe TRL was only short because CD played it safe instead of releaseing an unfinished glitchy game like Core did with AOD.

Hybrid Soldier
27-05-06, 01:40
Taking in consideration that Trl is much more new than AoD..I think is a failure to be almost a tie...Soo..Trl is not that good:)

Oo...
Now AoD has 18 votes;)

Come again?

Just because it's new, it fails?

Sin
27-05-06, 07:46
AOD!!!!!
Absolutly amazing!!!!
The Storyline was the best ever! It had moments with really suspense!!
And TRL was very short and the story sucks! It doens´t had nothing thing special with it! It sounded like a story for big babies!
AOD IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
BRING BACK AOD!!!!!

rsaw10
27-05-06, 08:11
AOD 24 votes
TRL 22 votes
Tomb raider:angel of darkness is winning!

tha_mattster
27-05-06, 08:34
DO not make a poll It would be useless, because people who have not played both would vote probably! And no doubt they would vote for TRL because AoD has such bad press.

I think I'm going to play TRL again, but in french, maybe the voices will be less annoying.

'Where ish my mummy, is she in avawon amandy?' GET A GRIP LARA YOUR MUMMY IS DEAD AND YOU ALREADY DID THIS IN THE FILM!

Elysia
27-05-06, 08:55
Death to Kurtis! You AOD fans are truely psycho, obsessive fans do to him. XD

Uh, sorry, but considering you did call for the AoD and Legend fans to be nice to each other, I do find this statement just a little hypocritical, Rose.

All AoD fans aren't necessarily Kurtis-loving weirdos. The above statement would be like me saying all Legend fans are all vacuous, can't-cope-with-difficult-puzzles, obsessed-with-pretty-graphics-rather-than-good-gameplay braindead morons. (Which, I hasten to add, is obviously NOT the case, and I do not in anyway feel that way!!). Have a care for those AoD fans who actually like AoD for it's superior storyline, feeling of genuine suspense and true-to-form TR atmosphere... :tmb:

(Although TR1 pwns both Legend and AoD imo... :p )

ELEN
27-05-06, 09:33
Why is there always a debate between AOD and TRL? My fav is TR4 and I want to vote for it! LOL!

I like both games. AOD was more TR-ish (for many reasons), but Legend was built with a modern engine, the story was complete and the "Secrets" came back. There are more good things I can say about Legend, but because it was linear, with no many puzzles and extremely easy, my vote will go to AOD.

Note: I really don't mind that Legend is short.

Agnese Croft
27-05-06, 09:37
AoD: Great game..a bit slow, but its ok..
TRL:I never play this game (I hope it will be soon), but I seen these trailers, and think this game is great..But how other members sayd, that it`s to short, but I like it...

Anubis_AF
27-05-06, 09:38
I haven't played Legend yet, but being a on this forum enables you to see the complains about legend even though it was supposed to be the 'best'.
I'm gonna go with Angel of Darkness.

laras
27-05-06, 11:19
So who is the winner so far? I think it's AOD. Correct me if i am wrong.

Night_Heaven
27-05-06, 11:48
So who is the winner so far? I think it's AOD. Correct me if i am wrong.

Corect....Hurrrayyyy Angel of Darkness wins :jmp: :jmp: :jmp:

jackali
27-05-06, 12:38
i'd say AoD
it had a better storyline and was longer.
it had it's bad points, but i still think it's better than legend