PDA

View Full Version : would you ever want lara to get married?

stereopathic
26-05-06, 19:37
if in tr8 or tr9 or tr65 lara found her true love and got married, would you think that to be a good move by the game designers? would you be happy for her? or do you see her as being better off alone?

i personally would have a hard time thinking that any potential suitor would be good enough for her.

-oops. meant to put this in general chat. little help?-

VonCroy360
26-05-06, 19:41
No, I think she's better alone... Why does she need a husband? :D

Can mod please move this?

MiCkiZ88
26-05-06, 19:45
A james bond style marriage where her husband dies at the start of another game.. but.. wait.. he might not be dead.. It was all a plot... a plot to get you confused.. to get you lured in to a trap..

Punaxe
26-05-06, 20:04
If the series should end someday, I would like not to have to worry about Lara's future :p I mean, once in her life she just won't be able to raid anymore, right?
She'll have to live with that somehow, a partner for life would be a good substitute then I think. What else can we think of? Don't want Lara to wither away... :(

Janny
26-05-06, 20:20
Lara married?!?!?! No way, never, never, never, Lara's an archeologist, she needs no husband, that's why (I know this will sounds childish...) she's my rolemodel :)

Medusausi
26-05-06, 21:08
Lara? Marry? Noooohh:yik:

lara_lookalike
26-05-06, 21:26
YES!!! to kurtis!!

edit:wot makes every one think that lara cannot get married????

MisterCroft
26-05-06, 22:10
I dont think she will get married. All Her love & attention is on her work, and long may it contiue :)

Tombreaper
26-05-06, 23:27
Lara married?? I don't think so:D

Joseph
26-05-06, 23:33
No, i want Lara to NEVER get married! At least not in the game -where we have to see it :rolleyes: and maybe even have to play it! :rolleyes: :mad: :p

Joseph
26-05-06, 23:35
YES!!! to kurtis!!

edit:wot makes every one think that lara cannot get married????She only can if the creators want, and for what alien reason would they. ;)

Eleanna123
27-05-06, 01:09
Hmm I don't think so. Maybe she could just be in a relationship ;)

Nicky
27-05-06, 08:30
Not really :)

Moved to GC.

Mona Sax
27-05-06, 08:35
No. :)

tha_mattster
27-05-06, 08:38
NO, but a long term boyfriend as Kurtis yes :)

Thorir
27-05-06, 08:39
No. :)

Pretty much sums it up. :D

CuteKittenlol
27-05-06, 08:57
No way :yik:

Angel_14
27-05-06, 09:01
No. Maybe living together with her best friend and having a little flirt, but marriage no!

Catlantean
27-05-06, 09:13
No.

Kamrusepas
27-05-06, 09:18
Definitely no.

FourBalls
27-05-06, 09:19
No.

Jun~Pax
27-05-06, 09:25
Er... to make a long story short: NO!

Laras Backpack
27-05-06, 09:28
What? Actually married in the game? NO WAY! In fan fiction, ok. But she has no need for a husband or kids or grandkids in the game.

Anubis_AF
27-05-06, 09:32
God no! Tomb Raider is about Lara's adventures, not her love life :cln:

CerebralAssassin
27-05-06, 09:40
Yes!to me! :cln:

jarhead
27-05-06, 09:46
to alistair :yik:

no not really- but maybe when shes nearing the end she meets someone close to her farther and they kinda walk off into the sunset. but not now maybe TR 30 or something

Agnese Croft
27-05-06, 09:47
No..becose then she will get kids, and then game wouldn`t came out..but if they make Lara like cartoon, the probably i will be huppy..:D

Angel_14
27-05-06, 09:49
'Tomb Raider 355: Adventures of Victoria Trent'

:eek: :yik: No way!

L.C
27-05-06, 10:13
Interesting concept to think what sort of man could stand up to her....do you think he would mind being referred to as "Mr Croft"???? http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y280/ling2c/Smileys/naughty.gif

Mad Tony
27-05-06, 10:15
definitley not, Tomb Raider would no longer be the glory that it is now.

Apofiss
27-05-06, 10:17
Nope. Maybe she could have some male supportive person as a very close friend :) ... (not involved in the game directly, just a little show off in a few cut-scenes perhaps)

Sofitegan
27-05-06, 10:24
A james bond style marriage where her husband dies at the start of another game.. but.. wait.. he might not be dead.. It was all a plot... a plot to get you confused.. to get you lured in to a trap..
LOl.

I think if she does end up with somebody and get married it would be a little weird. It wouldn't bother me too much, if they did it tastefully... But if it was Kurtis, i would KILL MYSELF!

sweetPoison
27-05-06, 10:24
Lara married!?!? Absolutely NOT!! But maybe a lover!!:D I wouldn't mind that!! Perhaps our 'man' could be Kurtis, which is most obvious. But, apart from him, she could probably be paired up with Alister!! I can definitely see them together!! Think of Negel and Sidney in Relic hunter!! LOL

Cochrane
27-05-06, 11:04
No way, I'm too jealous for that. I want Lara in my games to belong to me. Imagine you'd make Lara fall of a ledge and then her husband appears and screams "How could you do that? You incompetent monster!"

xMyrax
27-05-06, 11:09
Nu-uh! :eek:!!! Will she ever have the time to focus on her job when married? =P

Angel_14
27-05-06, 11:16
Mira! Long no see, Hun :p :hug:

laras
27-05-06, 11:17
No, no ,no and no! :D

lara_lookalike
27-05-06, 11:29
No, i want Lara to NEVER get married! At least not in the game -where we have to see it :rolleyes: and maybe even have to play it! :rolleyes: :mad: :p

WOW!!! thats a brill idea!! i wouls love to play that level!!!

and she has to get married to this posh snob because if she does then she will get an artifact that will save the world!And then kurtis comes and gets the artifact and then runs into the wedding and runs away with lara!!!!GOD IM NOT USUALLY GOOD AT IDEAS BUT THAT ONE IS REALLY KEWL!!!!!!lol :D

illuminati30
27-05-06, 11:35
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!! Never!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like the game to be about adventure, not the bloody personal life of Lara Croft! Its not sunset beach you know! Although these days it gets more bloody like it!

tha_mattster
27-05-06, 11:41
I think its a great idea for her to get married. There were too many tombs in the last game, she needs a break. Maybe one tomb is ok for the next game but most of it should be about her getting ready for the wedding. She should have to find all the cake decorations, and decide who to invite, like the sims. I think 90% should take place in her mansion, with one level where she has to go shopping for new outfits for her honeymoon. I hope there is not so much violence either, TRL was too gory for me. Lara isnt about violence or action its about dressing well and looking good. we have had 20 games about tombs, its so boring now. Maybe a couple of level as kurtis, he has to find a wedding ring for lara. if you are still reading this thinking im serious then you need a slap!

:D

illuminati30
27-05-06, 11:42
What the hell! Why dont we just bring in Brad Pitt to the game! Lara's new name can be

'Lara Croft Jolie Pitt' and we can have 100 adopted children running around the mansion. Mansion tasks involve, cleaning up dirty nappies, feeding the kids, and hoovering, or alternativly letting Winston out the freezer to do it all.

Night Crawler
27-05-06, 11:47
GOD IM NOT USUALLY GOOD AT IDEAS BUT THAT ONE IS REALLY KEWL!!!!!!lol :DNo it's not, it's ridiculous. :)

xMyrax
27-05-06, 11:54
What the hell! Why dont we just bring in Brad Pitt to the game! Lara's new name can be

'Lara Croft Jolie Pitt' and we can have 100 adopted children running around the mansion. Mansion tasks involve, cleaning up dirty nappies, feeding the kids, and hoovering, or alternativly letting Winston out the freezer to do it all.

Omg! Lmao!! :vlol::vlol: That would be insaane! :D

illuminati30
27-05-06, 11:56
Next new thread:

'Should Lara get pregnant?'

Tasks involve........... :whi:

average stalker
27-05-06, 12:43
short version of my answer is "no"

xMiSsCrOfTx
27-05-06, 12:45
No definitely not!

Lmao :vlol:

Hypnosos
27-05-06, 12:52
Yeah, you walk her to the alter. :rolleyes:
And then you gotta help her in bed like a minigame such as in San Andreas with Hot Coffee mod, lol.

LaraCroftNo1Fan
27-05-06, 13:06
I think she should of got together with James W Rutland Jr

ILG49ers
27-05-06, 13:40
Nope! I wouldn't want Lara to get married.

rika2
27-05-06, 13:42
players don't realize that Lara won't age... Did Tintin grow older? Or spiderman? Lara will always be Lara as long as people play TR she won't marry...

Alive_and_Funky
27-05-06, 13:44
I think she should of got together with James W Rutland Jr

Is he the Rutland from Legend or would it be his son? If it's the latter Amanda could be her mother in-law :vlol: !

Oh yeah, I wouldn't want her to get married.

Lara Croft!
27-05-06, 13:49
I don't want Lara to get married,but I'd like to see her with someone...perhaps Kurtis.

Getting involved,raiding tombs together,helping one another and then a crisis point will come where they would fight over the fate of an artifact or which direction to take...Kinda like TR movie II,but with Kurtis and a happy ending!!!!!!!

LaraCroftNo1Fan
27-05-06, 14:08
the one with Amanda...
and yet even tho James is dead I think Kurtis should be back in TR8

Jebus
27-05-06, 15:38
i wouldn't mind if Lara got married............. although she would have to marry me!!!

Lost_Raider
27-05-06, 15:40
One look at the thread title and my head exploded...NO NO NO!!!

Ampersand
27-05-06, 15:47
So long as it's not to that ape Kurtis. :pi:

JACOBryanBURNS
27-05-06, 16:10
I think later on when Lara is a little less hardcore with what she does... like her father... I could see her like that.

Thorn
27-05-06, 16:15
Perhaps in the last game. It might be a great conclusion for Lara once she's done raiding.

rachkitten
27-05-06, 16:42
I dont want her to get married but i do want her to have a boyfriend...preferbly ZIP! :D

Catapharact
27-05-06, 16:53
Well we can wish that she gets married but truth be told, the producers won't introduce the concept in the game.

To be frank, Lara has become two important marketing symbols that the franchise wishes not to lose with the introduction of a life partner.

a) She has become a videogame sex symbol. Pariing her up with a husband will "kill the fantasy" so to speak; for those adolecents Lol!

b) She represents feminism; A symbol of women who have chosen to spend their lives without marriage.

lara_lookalike
27-05-06, 17:03
No it's not, it's ridiculous. :)

eh..NO ITS NOT!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Thorn
27-05-06, 17:04
Well we can wish that she gets married but truth be told, the producers won't introduce the concept in the game.

To be frank, Lara has become two important marketing symbols that the franchise wishes not to lose with the introduction of a life partner.

a) She has become a videogame sex symbol. Pariing her up with a husband will "kill the fantasy" so to speak; for those adolecents Lol!

b) She represents feminism; A symbol of women who have chosen to spend their lives without marriage.
Ya but Lara hasn't been around for only a few years. It's been 10 years. If Lara kept raiding and never stopped her story wouldn't get much interesting. She needs big events or else it's the same cliche on rerun.

xMiSsCrOfTx
27-05-06, 17:07
Ya but Lara hasn't been around for only a few years. It's been 10 years. If Lara kept raiding and never stopped her story wouldn't get much interesting. She needs big events or else it's the same cliche on rerun.

How interesting can Lara getting married be? Maybe if she has a daughter and trains her to be a tomb raider too, lol. I just can't see Lara getting married as being a very big event. I'm sure there are many other events that could take place but still be really interesting.

lara_lookalike
27-05-06, 17:12
So long as it's not to that ape Kurtis. :pi:

TAKE THAT BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( :( :( :( :( :mad: :mad:

MiCkiZ88
27-05-06, 18:23
I would want a final fantasy x style wedding where she jumps of the sky scraper after she gets married :D

lara_lookalike
27-05-06, 18:38
I would want a final fantasy x style wedding where she jumps of the sky scraper after she gets married :D

wow that would be good!!:)

Alive_and_Funky
27-05-06, 18:40

How about some bears and wolves invade the reception and Lara shoots them all?

MiCkiZ88
27-05-06, 18:40
wow that would be good!!:)
have you played final fantasy x? she survies though.. but it would be a nice twist in the game story

Melonie Tomb Raider
27-05-06, 18:41
I wouldn't mind that at all really. Sort of like a mr. and Mrs. Smith scenario would actually be really cool. If Lara doesn't wish to be alone then she shouldn't be!

However, Lara being alone is cool too. I'd really be fine either way. Although I've always liked the idea of Lara and Kurtis hooking up. :p

MizzCroft007
27-05-06, 19:22
I think it COULD work, just as long as they really don't bring him up a lot in the story. Maybe have him at the mansion with Winston, Alister and Zip or something.

Preferably not though.

Laras Backpack
27-05-06, 20:21
Good point. :)
If she did get married it would have to change the game in some way thereby keeping TR fresh. I don't know how a marriage could do this without turning the game into a soap opera.
But marriage is only one of many options. :D

sweetPoison
27-05-06, 20:23
It could always be like the sims!! Have a little Lara mini-me!! That would be funny!!

Ampersand
27-05-06, 20:41
TAKE THAT BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( :( :( :( :( :mad: :mad:

Nope, sorry. :o I'd sooner she marries Winston. :p

lara_lookalike
27-05-06, 21:21
Nope, sorry. :o I'd sooner she marries Winston. :p

oh come on you dont really mean that! if you were to choose kurtis or winston who would you choose if u were lara!:D

lara_lookalike
27-05-06, 21:25
have you played final fantasy x? she survies though.. but it would be a nice twist in the game story

no i havent but that sounded like a good idea!:)

Paperdoll
27-05-06, 21:42
Lara? Married? What's next? Finding the Holy Sacred (yet doomed) Milk Bottle of the Ancients? Don't think so...

illuminati30
27-05-06, 22:08
I don't know how a marriage could do this without turning the game into a soap opera.
:D

The game already has!

The game is about adventure, we take Lara on that aventure and we see her personality come through that way. I dont actually care about Lara, her out fits, her friends, her family, her lovers, her private life etc I have sunset beach for that!

Its funny how nobody has a problem with this but the gay marriage in video game thread kicked up such a fuss!!!!!

Maybe she will marry Amanda!

The day Lara gets married is the day i hang up my joypads, and never play a singe TR game ever again! Lara is independent, she needs nobody, man or woman.

Paperdoll
27-05-06, 22:14
The game already has!

The game is about adventure, we take Lara on that aventure and we see her personality come through that way. I dont actually care about Lara, her out fits, her friends, her family, her lovers, her private life etc I have sunset beach for that!

Its funny how nobody has a problem with this but the gay marriage in video game thread kicked up such a fuss!!!!!

Maybe she will marry Amanda!

The day Lara gets married is the day i hang up my joypads, and never play a singe TR game ever again! Lara is independent, she needs nobody, man or woman.

AMEN!!!

Catapharact
27-05-06, 22:54
Good point. :)
If she did get married it would have to change the game in some way thereby keeping TR fresh. I don't know how a marriage could do this without turning the game into a soap opera.
But marriage is only one of many options. :D

But that's the problem right there; People don't want the game concept to change. Most of the TR fans were quite happy without the introduction of AOD. Legend tried to bring the old TR feeling back but didn't quite cut it. There is no way most of them will accept a drastic change in Lara's profile; Especially something like giving her a life partner.

Tombreaper
27-05-06, 23:58
Lara & marriage? :jmp:

Joseph
28-05-06, 00:03
Q: would you ever want lara to get married?

A: No, why? :confused:

Legend of Lara
03-06-06, 14:09
NO! Lara will never get married. NEVA EVA! *jumps off building*

jackali
03-06-06, 14:15
She's not the type to settle down, she's too active and involved in her woek. She'd have lovers, yes, but no spouse or children.

Wolfguard
03-06-06, 15:35
NO.

I want to see her looking for artifacts in a tomb, not wedding gowns and bridesmaids outfits at the local mall.

:pi:

jackali
03-06-06, 15:55
she wouldn't look good in a traditional wedding drees either, she needs tighter clothing than that

Hazzaman
03-06-06, 15:57
she wouldn't look good in a traditional wedding drees either, she needs tighter clothing than that
much tighter

jackali
03-06-06, 15:57
much tighter

like the chronicles dress in the opera house

Hazzaman
03-06-06, 15:59
tooo tight, too tight :p

MiCkiZ88
03-06-06, 15:59
omg.. dont you people have any imagination! Do you just play the game like.. TOMB TOMB TOMB.. where's my tomb.. im hungry for my tomb.. MY TOMB!

I would definately want to see lara getting married in some point..

BUT:

the plot would be like in final fantasy.. no happy ending for the husband... Lara would kill her in the ending...

or her husband would die after a tradegy...

jackali
03-06-06, 16:00
omg.. dont you people have any imagination! Do you just play the game like.. TOMB TOMB TOMB.. where's my tomb.. im hungry for my tomb.. MY TOMB!

BUT:

the plot would be like in final fantasy.. no happy ending for the husband... Lara would kill her in the ending...

good idea, but still, not very lara. she never has relationships, just flings

Wolfguard
03-06-06, 16:11
Hey, I'm cool with her searching cityscapes...as long as there's an artifact or info she's going to find. Seriously, I buy Tomb Raider for the adventure in what's most likely **drum role** a tomb of some sort, so I'm just not to keen on the "Wedding Raider" concept. Like everyone else, I have plenty of other games to choose from when I want to experience something different, so with that said, if I want a game about hooking up and getting married, I'll buy The Sims.

daventry
03-06-06, 16:22
I did made a Thread in the AOD area about Lara and Kurtis in Love with Children and all. :p

So yea, i would like her to marry :D

lara_lookalike
03-06-06, 17:07

BUT:

dont you mean she will kill HIM in the ending??

viper456
03-06-06, 17:20
Mr and Mrs Smith was as close as it should get to lara being married haha

Hazzaman
03-06-06, 17:21
Mr and Mrs Smith was as close as it should get to lara being married haha
good one:D :cln:

Zip
03-06-06, 17:21
That would never happen,she wouldn't do that to me,ahhhhh someone tewll me she wouldn't leave me alone !!!!!!!!!!

What will i do ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

TombRaiderLover
03-06-06, 17:26
Lara married? Stereopathic, get down!!!!!! GROKer attack!!!

tomblover
06-06-06, 09:31
No! :cen: Maybe with Zip But never with Alister! :eek: I have a made up caption if Alister would marry her: This happens when Lara is making food: "CAREFUL WITH THE KNIVES!!" Alister shouts! And Lara, who is very startled (sp?) by him, she drops the knife and it slices through her fingers! Then she screams loudly, takes out a gun from her holster with the other hand and shoots Alister, then she mutters: "Please Alister, this will take some concentration!" (A quote (sp?) from Legend I know) And that is what would happen if Lara and Alister married! :vlol: :vlol: :p

kangaxx
06-06-06, 09:36
omg, noooo plz, ho God, noooo!

Shark_Blade
06-06-06, 09:59
I want Lara become a virgin forever!!
Have you seen the movie "40 year old virgin?" :rolleyes::D

Anyway I love to see Lara married one day. Just imagine this people. Remember Tokyo level in Japan? The party dance hall?

She can have a wedding ceremony in a church where many people lingers around. She's in a white elegant wedding gown .Then some yakuza or gangster just mob in. She jumps behind the piano and came out with her dual pistols.

And then we have a new costume: Wedding Gown, Ripped

:D :D :vlol: *continues dreaming:cln:

tomblover
06-06-06, 10:17
LOL Shark! :D