PDA

View Full Version : I've become a anti-gamer, and i'm proudly

errevet
26-05-06, 19:43
approximately six months ago(newyear) something has become clear for me.

In former days I was a gamer. I ignored everything what was against it.

But in that one week, everything changed. It became clearly for me, that gaming was time-wasting in living, and i'm sorry that I say it, but I am free now.Free of that addicted little world. I met real reality.

six months ago, i would find this note bull****. You now perhaps also, but I hope that what happened with me,will happen to the ones who fell in to it.

I regret was a gamer once upon a time.

But, but but,

Lara Croft isn't a game-idol for me, She'se fantasie, and i like that :)

Catapharact
26-05-06, 19:57
I think what you are tyring to say is that you have snapped outof your addiction and not become an Anti-Gamer.

You know the old saying; "Too much of a good thing is bad." Things are only good in moderation. Cross that boundry and you lose part of yourself.

Hypnosos
26-05-06, 20:03
The feeling you get when you play a game that you waited on for so looooong is amazing. It's like a adrenalin kick. Makes you go high for some time. I love the feeling. I am addicted to gaming, and woudn't have it any other way. You can play alot and still be with friends and family. Happyness x 2 instead of once.

Punaxe
26-05-06, 20:08
Gaming is a way to spend your time; it's only time-wasting when you're gaming outside your free time :p No?

Janny
26-05-06, 20:09
I guess this happens when you tend to play games all day, you're bound to get annoyed and get enough. As for me, I could never get sick of videogames :D

errevet
26-05-06, 20:17
That saying is right indeed,

I wonder how gaming is gonna be in a hundred years, imagin it,

Things could end on two way's,

1. Gaming will that habit, that everyone(rich people like us) in the world would shoot eachother, biccuis they think they're still in a game :whi:, or

2. Gaming will be banned of the media, biccuis it's "too real" that it's damaging the thaugts of the yooth

What do you think? :)

errevet
26-05-06, 20:18
Gaming is a way to spend your time; it's only time-wasting when you're gaming outside your free time :p No?
I totally agree, if it's usefull for yourself, it is good :)

Catapharact
26-05-06, 20:23
I still didn't quite get the point you are trying to make. Are you saying that games in general are bad? If so, then you are surely wrong.

Read this:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4682801.stm

Punaxe
26-05-06, 20:28
That saying is right indeed,
I wonder how gaming is gonna be in a hundred years, imagin it,
Things could end on two way's,
1. Gaming will that habit, that everyone(rich people like us) in the world would shoot eachother, biccuis they think they're still in a game :whi:, or
2. Gaming will be banned of the media, biccuis it's "too real" that it's damaging the thaugts of the yooth

What do you think? :)
Do you seriously think those are the only two options? I'm going to kindly disagree with you then.
I don't foresee very big changes in the industry, rather, how do you say it... More of what we already have. More realism, more social aspect (multiplayer), more possibilities, etc etc. Why would this be so bad that it's gonna be either banned, or lead people to kill others?
First off, I'm not going to run around killing people after a game of realistic Tetris, nor does it influence me badly at all. Not all games are violent.

I think future gaming will be an even more attractive way to spend leisure time, because it's fun. Not because it's bad.

LegenDarY
26-05-06, 20:30
hahaha it sounds to me like you've already lost your sense of reality.. :D

and i also sounds you were addicted to gaming.. that's different from just playing games.. i do plenty of stuff besides gaming.. i go out with friends.. i go to school.. i listen to music.. watch tv.. all the basic stuff.. i actually hardly play games.. just when i feel like it..

so it's you own fault if you were addicted.. addictions are always bad.. no matter what your addicted to :p

errevet
26-05-06, 20:36
CAT: I still didn't quite get the point you are trying to make. Are you saying that games in general are bad? If so, then you are surely wrong.

Read this:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4682801.stm
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes i see, they're totally right about that ,sorry for my message,

Oh, you really believe this? :)

They're just putting this on the news, (parents read it and change up there minds)
Biccuis else the yooth will be forbidden to buy games, and the gaming economy will shut down, and that would be a disaster, wouldent it be?

And tell me, before video-games existed, children were great, were'nt they?
And as far i can see, that has changed now, children are more distracted and agressif, admid it ;)

It is simply a need that has been brighten

any arguments? (i like this discussion :D)

Punaxe
26-05-06, 20:41
What you forget is that in the future you're speaking of, today's gamers will be those parents.

And sure, youth was good... But are games the only things that's changed in our lives? I think the decrease of religious influence is the most important aspect actually. (From the top of my mind, I'm not really going into it at friday evening :D.) You were constantly being reminded how you would end up in Hell if you didn't do as the Lord sayeth etc etc. Nowadays, almost all kids think this is nonsense. No eternal punishment awaits - let's live as we want!

errevet
26-05-06, 20:42
hahaha it sounds to me like you've already lost your sense of reality.. :D

and i also sounds you were addicted to gaming.. that's different from just playing games.. i do plenty of stuff besides gaming.. i go out with friends.. i go to school.. i listen to music.. watch tv.. all the basic stuff.. i actually hardly play games.. just when i feel like it..

so it's you own fault if you were addicted.. addictions are always bad.. no matter what your addicted to :p
Yep, bud there's a difference between "hardly playing" and "play it as a hobby"

You're in the moderation, just like Catapharact said, moderation is good ;)

CerebralAssassin
26-05-06, 20:44
I'm not going to run around killing people after a game of realistic Tetris

LOL,you would more than likely have urges to play Jenga or something like that rather thatn kill people,after a game of tetris..:vlol:

errevet
26-05-06, 20:47
What you forget is that in the future you're speaking of, today's gamers will be those parents.

And sure, youth was good... But are games the only things that's changed in our lives? I think the decrease of religious influence is the most important aspect actually. (From the top of my mind, I'm not really going into it at friday evening :D.) You were constantly being reminded how you would end up in Hell if you didn't do as the Lord sayeth etc etc. Nowadays, almost all kids think this is nonsense. No eternal punishment awaits - let's live as we want!

Well, if those parents are uss, it could end up in two way's doesn't it?

1. More parents allow there children to play games, and most children get addicted, or

2. More parents don't allow that
-----------------

Yes, the world has been changed biccuis of relligion, war, revolution,
bud at least learn from it and DON'T change

People sai change is good, bud not in any case ;)

Angel_14
26-05-06, 20:50
I'm not addicted with gaming so much. sometimes, when I'm bored, I play some TR or 007. That's all. There was an era for me, when I was addicted to Video games very much, and I only stopped it, when the school started. :(

errevet
26-05-06, 20:51
LOL,you would more than likely have urges to play Jenga or something like that rather thatn kill people,after a game of tetris..:vlol:

(That killing people i said was only an example of syndromes ;))
And I think we are a little bit hyer and more real than Tetris now :p

Punaxe
26-05-06, 20:54
Why do you always take two extremes as possible endings?

Today's gamers know what it's like, and know when it'll be too much of a good thing. They will interfere when their children get addicted, and will be all the more successfull in preventing this because of their own experience.

errevet
26-05-06, 20:59
Hey guy's,

you all have a point there ;) And i understand ;)
Let's just everyone follow there road to the future, and have fun! :D

Bud i enjoyed this discussion,

Thanks everyone! :wve:

Punaxe
26-05-06, 21:06
Have fun in your gameless life, lol :D
Of course, with the exception of future Tomb Raider games I hope... :pi:

BoyTRaider
26-05-06, 21:09
1. Gaming will that habit, that everyone (rich people like us) in the world would shoot eachother, biccuis they think they're still in a game :whi:, or

I ain't rich! :p