PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have their wisdom teeth pulled?

Melonie Tomb Raider
27-05-06, 03:53
Eeeek! :eek: I'm so nervous! I went to my new dentist yesterday and he looked at my XRays from 2002 and said he wanted to get some new ones. From my past Xrays my dentist noticed that me wisdom teeth were ingrown, or something like that. He said he'd like to get all four removed asap!

So yeah... I've been nervous about it because I hear it is really painful! I have an extremely high tolerance for pain, but still, I can't help but be nervous! When I was a little girl I remember my dad coming home from the dentist when he had his pulled, and he was constantly spitting out blood. My dad is very, very, very tough though lol. He took it well, but I remember he bled a lot!

Lucky for my brothers they took after my mom and don't have wisdom teeth at all! I wish I could say the same about myself, but apparently not. I can't help but be nervous about it though. For some people it seems to go well, but for others it's terribly, terribly painful! I'm hoping it won't be for me. I was wondering if anyone else have had theirs pulled and would like to share their stories? Oh, and please, if it did hurt super bad don't hold back in saying so in order to prevent me from being worried. I'll be fine lol. I've had two surgeries before and was never nervous at all, but for some reason this is worrying me.

I'm sure everything will turn out fine though. I guess I might as well get them pulled now then later. Has to be done sometime lol. :p

CerebralAssassin
27-05-06, 04:14
LOL!my english is bad..I never heard of "wisdom" teeth..well at any rate..even if it's painful..I"m pretty sure you can overcome it...just grit your teeth:D

Melonie Tomb Raider
27-05-06, 04:21
never heard of wisdom teeth? lol. They must call them something else over there I guess. Not everyone has them, and people who get them have to get them pulled. Most of the time, if not every time. I'm not sure. They say it's super painful though.

Lost_Raider
27-05-06, 04:22
It is not painful, I got four wisdom teeth removed and they put you to sleep first, then they do the operation...you won't feel a thing during the entire operation, you just black out and then wake up like nothing happend (except for the swelling you have to endure for the following week)...

CerebralAssassin
27-05-06, 04:27
never heard of wisdom teeth?

hehe...I've been overseas many years..that doesn't help :p

Melonie Tomb Raider
27-05-06, 04:32
It is not painful, I got four wisdom teeth removed and they put you to sleep first, then they do the operation...you won't feel a thing during the entire operation, you just black out and then wake up like nothing happend (except for the swelling you have to endure for the following week)...

Well that sounds great! :D I'm not sure if they are gunna put me to sleep though... I have a really high heartrate (my doctors have no idea why), so I don't think the dentist wants me to be put to sleep. Still, I'll be numb and I highly doubt I will feel anything. I was just worried that I would feel pain after it was done. I've heard a lot of people say it was horrible! I guess it's better for some than others. Hopefully it won't be too bad for me. :p

JACOBryanBURNS
27-05-06, 04:34
I have a regenerative disorder in which they grow back every four to eight years. I've had them removed twice now. PURE HELL!

Lost_Raider
27-05-06, 04:34
Well that sounds great! :D I'm not sure if they are gunna put me to sleep though... I have a really high heartrate (my doctors have no idea why), so I don't think the dentist wants me to be put to sleep. Still, I'll be numb and I highly doubt I will feel anything. I was just worried that I would feel pain after it was done. I've heard a lot of people say it was horrible! I guess it's better for some than others. Hopefully it won't be too bad for me. :p

I'm underweight and have a slight heart problem...the drug don't bother me a bit...

It's not the pain, it's the swelling...you can only drink soup for a whole week with your cheek puffed up...

Melonie Tomb Raider
27-05-06, 04:37
lol. Cheeks puffed up? Now I'm gunna look like a chipmunk. :p hahaha!

Well if the drug didn't bother you then it should be fine for me. I'm also slightly underweight, and like I mentioned before, have something wrong with my heart. So we'll see.

Edit: omg Jacob that stinks! :eek: Sorry to hear that.

Lost_Raider
27-05-06, 04:40
Piece of advice, as long as you drink cool hearty soup and put nothing else in your mouth until the swelling goes down, it won't hurt, ever.

JACOBryanBURNS
27-05-06, 04:41
Edit: omg Jacob that stinks! :eek: Sorry to hear that.

Me too. Boo.

Melonie Tomb Raider
27-05-06, 04:43
Piece of advice, as long as you drink cool hearty soap and put nothing else in your mouth until the swelling goes down, it won't hurt, ever.

Soap? Did you mean soup? haha! I didn't notice you made a typo and I thought you really meant soap for a minute there! LOL! :vlol:

But ok, I'll definitely take your advice. Nothing but soup for me. :D

Lost_Raider
27-05-06, 04:46
Just back from a late shift and I'm tired...but :vlol:

Thorn
27-05-06, 04:48
Mine have never come in but Melonie please do this. 2-3 times a day swish a mouthful of hydrogen peroxide for a minute then rinse with water. It should kill all the germs and help with the bleeding. I really hope it goes ok for you! :hug: Btw try not to swallow it because it expands and is dangerous. :p

Melonie Tomb Raider
27-05-06, 04:54
Mine have never come in but Melonie please do this. 2-3 times a day swish a mouthful of hydrogen peroxide for a minute then rinse with water. It should kill all the germs and help with the bleeding. I really hope it goes ok for you! :hug:

Will do, for sure! I'll most definitely make sure I have some hydrogen peroxide handy. I was just trying to think of ways to keep it clean lol. I heard that this one girl had to stay in bed for 3+ weeks because hers got infected! :eek: That definitely won't happen to me though, not if I take your advice (which I definitely will :p)! Thanks so much hon. :hug:

Mona Sax
27-05-06, 08:29
I had all of them removed. It's not so bad, actually. The anesthetic shots can hurt a bit if the dentist isn't careful. The pulling is uncomfortable (someone's ripping your teeth from your jaw, after all) but it's not painful.

tha_mattster
27-05-06, 08:32
You will be fine! Just dont drink warm soap ^ ^

Pipolinne
27-05-06, 10:17
I've my four wisdom tooth;the upper ones grew very smoothly ,but the lower ones are a bit more demanding.Anyway,I'lll have them all;no way a dentist will make me remove my tooth,"just because"!:D

Some friends of mine had your problem,Melonie,and the more complicated is the period after the cirurgy,but I'm sure your dentist will give you the necessary advise :)!Probably,he'll only give a local anesthesy,not a total one!

Mad Tony
27-05-06, 10:19
oohhh, that must be painful, i'm sure it can't be that bad.

FourBalls
27-05-06, 10:21
My wisdom teeth haven't even started to grow yet, lol :D

But my mum had them pulled out. They just begun aching and aching, without stopping. She said the pulling itself wasn't very painful, but the week after it was quite bad.

Good luck anyway, and I hope you get them removed safely :wve:

ELEN
27-05-06, 10:23
I removed all 4 when I was 18 yrs old. They hurt me when they were growing and I couldn't stand the pain. They are useless teeth and most of the times people need to remove them, because they cause problems to the exact next teeth. In some cases they don't cause any damage, so some people leave them.

Don't worry. With a couple of injections, you won't understand anything. My dentist had already removed them when I asked him "Are you going to pull them out or not?" and he said "You are done!"

Good luck :)

Thorn
27-05-06, 10:32
Will do, for sure! I'll most definitely make sure I have some hydrogen peroxide handy. I was just trying to think of ways to keep it clean lol. I heard that this one girl had to stay in bed for 3+ weeks because hers got infected! :eek: That definitely won't happen to me though, not if I take your advice (which I definitely will :p)! Thanks so much hon. :hug:
I'm glad! It'll kill all bacteria, viruses, fungi, and even cancer cells. Our bodies naturally make a little bit of it to prevent illness. :)

Greenkey2
27-05-06, 10:50
I had my wisdom tooth out only two weeks ago :D

I was quite nervous, but it turned out fine. You'll have a small poke with an anaesthetic rod (like a long-nibed ball-point pen) and allowed to go numb. Then he'll basically grab at the tooth's crown and wiggle until it comes free.

Don't worry. With a couple of injections, you won't understand anything. My dentist had already removed them when I asked him "Are you going to pull them out or not?" and he said "You are done!"

YES! I didn't actually realise he'd taken the tooth out until five minutes after he'd done it! :eek: There as no pain; only a dull ache afterwards when the anaesthetic wore off.

In fact my biggest problem has been the molar the wisdom tooth had been impacting. I went for a check-up yesterday and discovered it had literally been dissolving my back molar - like your adult teeth do to milk teeth - but in such a way as it left no cavities or scarring.

The biggest thing about having your wisdom teeth done is, as has been said, keeping them clean. Try very gently swilling warm salty water around your mouth two or three times for several days after the extraction. This helps them to heal over faster.

Good luck Mel - hope it goes alright for you :wve:

Cochrane
27-05-06, 10:51
I had two of mine removed last year. The pulling itself wasn't bad. I also didn't notice that the teeth were gone until the doctor told me. The time afterwards was a little trouble as eating was problematic and I had some pain. Having a weak pain-killer at hand (I was using paracetamol, known as acetaminophen in america) was quite helpful.

Chances are also that you'll be very bored the week after they are pulled out because you'll be sitting at home all the time with aching teeth, so you might want to make sure that you have a good supply of books, DVDs or similar stuff.

L.C
27-05-06, 11:05
I've only ever had one wisdom tooth, embedded all nice and snug high up in my upper jaw. I've had plenty of dentists wanting to extract it, but it has never caused me any trouble so only if it did cause me problems would I consider it being removed :D

Unfortunately private dentists always seem to want to do loads of work as they get money from the insurance companies. Like the one dentist who decided I needed braces and wanted to break my jaw as I have only the slightest overbite; we're not talking Simpsons configurations, just a very normal gap of less than 1/4 inch between upper and lower teeth.:rolleyes:

LiquidKal
27-05-06, 11:25
I've been pretty lucky with my wisdom teeth I think.

All 4 of them came through when I was about 14 I think it was, which is apparently very early. Plus I never had a problem with them. As a result of their early arrival, they pushed all my teeth around and I needed braces, but the wisdom teeth themselves never needed to be removed.

Before I got braces through I had to have 4 other teeth removed because my mouth was too crowded, which is a kinda odd story, because it seems that I'm some kinda mutant or something :D The two top teeth that were removed were meant to have 2 roots, but ended up having 3. The dentist who extracted them said he'd never seen that on those teeth before. As a result, he had a lot of trouble with the first one, expecting it to come out easily but it wouldn't and in the end one of the roots partially broke off because he was pulling so hard. The second one was fine because he was expecting the extra root, it just took a lot longer to come out. So now i have a partial root still lodged in my gums between teeth. I had Xrays and all that and its fine, doesn't even need to be removed. Kinda lucky.

tombraider123
27-05-06, 12:10
I have had tratment on my Jaw so i do not have to have my Wisdom Teeth Pulled when i grow up! :D

But... It actually does not bleed that much, it just mixes with your Saliva and it seems like it bleeds a lot, but its not that bad, my mum went straight back to work after having hers pulled.

EDIT: A Year and a half before i had my braces, i had to have 10 teeth pulled, which is very rare to have that much, 6 were baby teeth that would not fall out, and 4 were adult, i was put to sleep and i woke up and it was not bleeding to much, not as much as i thought it would, the only problem was eating, but my other teeths came through nearly instantly, so it was not too bad.

xMiSsCrOfTx
27-05-06, 12:40
My friend just got hers pulled, she said it hurt for about a day. Then she was fine. I had mine pulled as well, and yes it did hurt, but you'll be just fine. I know how nervous I was before too, but my dentist was really nice and made the whole thing much, much easier.

Catapharact
27-05-06, 14:41
Ummm... I pulled a few of mines out myself when I was young Lol! Yep, it came to a point the new teeth were pusing their way forward and it was so annoying trying to eat with a loose Molar.

So I souldn't wait for a dentist. I grabbed a pair of pliers and a spoon and... well I'll leave the rest to your imagination Lol! (Yes it did sting a bit.)

MiCkiZ88
27-05-06, 14:48
I just have grown my every wisdom teeth.. no problem of them so far.. just something more to bite with :D not gonna remove em.. :p

Mary CF
27-05-06, 15:10
Aww Mel :( :hug:

It looks like BOTH of us are going to be in pain... lol... but for very different reasons :S

When is this being done?

Melonie Tomb Raider
27-05-06, 18:49
Yeah Mary, we're both having surgery at around the same time. :hug: We can recover together on msn. :p haha.

It is going to be done either next week or the week after that I think. I dunno, sometime soon. So you'll probably have your surgery before me. I'm not sure though. Either way, it's kind of cool that we are both having work done at around the same time. haha! Even though I wish it didn't have to be done, might as well recover with a very close friend, don't you think? :) :hug:

Anyway, all of my wisdom teeth are still inside my gums. There is no way they will be able to come up, there's no room at all! My teeth are really straight, but I guess I just have a smaller mouth or something lol.

I'm not too worried, I just heardt hat if you get them taken out while they're still attatched to your jaw bone it hurts a lot more. My dentist implied that it was going to be really, really painful, so I guess that freaked me out lol.

One of my friends who had hers surgically removed said it was really bad for her too. I guess it varies from person to person. Hopefully it won't be so bad for me. :p thanks everyone. :D

Oh and Cat! :eek: That is crazy! haha. Are you sure they were wisdom teeth you pulled or just molars? Either way that sounds painful! lol.

Shauni
27-05-06, 20:59
Aww, goodness Mel, I hope that you'll be alright. :hug:

Well, I had my wisdom teeth pulled in September (05). All of my teeth were straight except for my wisdom teeth and the ones beside them, so I was told that they needed to come out. I actually requested they look at it, because I was getting constant headaches and felt the need to chew on stuff all of the time from the pressure of having my wisdom teeth push against the other teeth.
About a week after I got them out I couldn't stop smiling (well, as much as I could smile after surgery, anyway) because I felt much better without them!!

My surgery was done with me unconscious. But the thing is, I could still hear them on and off, and I got weird dreams while I was "under". When I came-to my Mother said I was crying. Two of my friends did the same thing, but one of my Brother's friend said he woke up laughing! :confused: So I don't know what your reaction might be.

Most of my friends said that it took them about 3 days for the main pain to stop. Then general healing begins. Mine took a bit longer to heal. This usually doesn't happen to most people, but I have a tiny little mouth and my surgeon had huge hands. About 6 days after the surgery I was still in pain, and realized that my jaw had been dislocated! :eek: So if you go that long in pain and you can only bite down on one side of your mouth - you might want to have it checked on. ;)

Suggestions of things to consider doing before your surgery:
o. Buy or locate one of those hot or cold water bottle things. It's usually rubbery or plastic and you can fill warm water with it. I don't know what they're called now days, but being able to rest that on my face was really helpful and comforting because your whole face is going to be hurting.
o. Clean the walk ways in your house. After surgery you won't want to have to move your head to look where you're going. If you tripped and fell it would hurt really bad.
o. The day of your surgery, don't wear anything that you wouldn't be comfortable sleeping in. When you get home after your surgery you really can't be bothered to change clothes. You're pretty much going straight to bed in what you're wearing.
o. Ever heard of gauze pads? They should send some with you after surgery, but just encase buy some. They're like what you might put on your knee if it's bleeding really bad. It's white, kinda fluffy and what-not. This is what I put in my mouth to help stuff the bleeding. It sure didn't taste to good, but it's waaay better than trying to spit the blood out (you can hardly spit after surgery)
o. Be sure and buy soft foods. Jello and mashed potatoes are good. Soup is too. Do not try to eat cake!! - I thought I was going to die after I tried that. :p One slice of pizza took me an hour and a half to finish nibbling on a few days after my surgery, I didn't get much pleasure out of it.
o. Find some good movies that you like to watch and put them in a pile near the TV (or where ever you please). It's good to come home and rest, but eventually you want to get out of your room and have something distract you. Movies are good. Just don't go for anything that would normally make you clench your teeth - no horror movies. And as odd as it sounds, nothing ridiculously funny either. I tried smiling when I saw something funny on TV, and it hurt SO bad because I couldn't smile without making my face hurt but it was funny! I had to stuff my head in a pillow and wait for the funny part of the show to be over because I couldn't help but hurt myself laughing. :vlol:

Sooo... That's my hand book of the do's and don'ts of Wisdom teeth removing surgery. lol. I hope I didn't scare anyone. Just trying to be helpful. :)

Catapharact
27-05-06, 22:28
Oh and Cat! :eek: That is crazy! haha. Are you sure they were wisdom teeth you pulled or just molars? Either way that sounds painful! lol.

Both, and believe me, molar yanking hurts a WHOLE lot more Lol!

I seriously don't recommend this (especially for those who can't take pain... Duh! x 10000000)

I used the plier to yank the tooth out of its roots, then used the back of the spoon as leverage to remove it from the gum line. Yeah... it stings like hell. But the pain is just brief. As soon as the tooth is out, all you'll feel is a bit of dizziness.

With dentists, its less painful obviously Lol! He applies annestetics first.

Paperdoll
27-05-06, 22:46
Mine are still growing... and to be honest, I feel like taking them out with a chainsaw. Luckily, they have enough space and are growing straight, so I'll probably won't have to remove them.

My cousin didn't have the same luck, hers were growing in a weird angle, actually almost sinking in her bone (I think). They had to be removed by surgery and she had to get stitches.

So I guess it all depends on wether your teeth are being naughty or nice :D but good luck with it :)

Melonie Tomb Raider
28-05-06, 01:26
Aww, goodness Mel, I hope that you'll be alright. :hug:

Well, I had my wisdom teeth pulled in September (05). All of my teeth were straight except for my wisdom teeth and the ones beside them, so I was told that they needed to come out. I actually requested they look at it, because I was getting constant headaches and felt the need to chew on stuff all of the time from the pressure of having my wisdom teeth push against the other teeth.
About a week after I got them out I couldn't stop smiling (well, as much as I could smile after surgery, anyway) because I felt much better without them!!

My surgery was done with me unconscious. But the thing is, I could still hear them on and off, and I got weird dreams while I was "under". When I came-to my Mother said I was crying. Two of my friends did the same thing, but one of my Brother's friend said he woke up laughing! :confused: So I don't know what your reaction might be.

Most of my friends said that it took them about 3 days for the main pain to stop. Then general healing begins. Mine took a bit longer to heal. This usually doesn't happen to most people, but I have a tiny little mouth and my surgeon had huge hands. About 6 days after the surgery I was still in pain, and realized that my jaw had been dislocated! :eek: So if you go that long in pain and you can only bite down on one side of your mouth - you might want to have it checked on. ;)

Suggestions of things to consider doing before your surgery:
o. Buy or locate one of those hot or cold water bottle things. It's usually rubbery or plastic and you can fill warm water with it. I don't know what they're called now days, but being able to rest that on my face was really helpful and comforting because your whole face is going to be hurting.
o. Clean the walk ways in your house. After surgery you won't want to have to move your head to look where you're going. If you tripped and fell it would hurt really bad.
o. The day of your surgery, don't wear anything that you wouldn't be comfortable sleeping in. When you get home after your surgery you really can't be bothered to change clothes. You're pretty much going straight to bed in what you're wearing.
o. Ever heard of gauze pads? They should send some with you after surgery, but just encase buy some. They're like what you might put on your knee if it's bleeding really bad. It's white, kinda fluffy and what-not. This is what I put in my mouth to help stuff the bleeding. It sure didn't taste to good, but it's waaay better than trying to spit the blood out (you can hardly spit after surgery)
o. Be sure and buy soft foods. Jello and mashed potatoes are good. Soup is too. Do not try to eat cake!! - I thought I was going to die after I tried that. :p One slice of pizza took me an hour and a half to finish nibbling on a few days after my surgery, I didn't get much pleasure out of it.
o. Find some good movies that you like to watch and put them in a pile near the TV (or where ever you please). It's good to come home and rest, but eventually you want to get out of your room and have something distract you. Movies are good. Just don't go for anything that would normally make you clench your teeth - no horror movies. And as odd as it sounds, nothing ridiculously funny either. I tried smiling when I saw something funny on TV, and it hurt SO bad because I couldn't smile without making my face hurt but it was funny! I had to stuff my head in a pillow and wait for the funny part of the show to be over because I couldn't help but hurt myself laughing. :vlol:

Sooo... That's my hand book of the do's and don'ts of Wisdom teeth removing surgery. lol. I hope I didn't scare anyone. Just trying to be helpful. :)

Wow! I can't even begin to tell you how much I appreciatet he time it took for you to write all that out for me! :hug: That was so kind of you. :) I'm going to write it all down so I don't forget a thing! Thanks so much!

Tombreaper
28-05-06, 01:33
I don't have wisdom teeth, lucky me.
Does it mean that I'm not that clever??:) :( :confused:

Lost_Raider
28-05-06, 01:58
No, you are lucky...$500 for a single tooth, not counting other fees...

This operation cost me $2500...it hurt both in the wallet and in the mouth...

Thorn
28-05-06, 02:02
No, you are lucky...$500 for a single tooth, not counting other fees...

This operation cost me $2500...it hurt both in the wallet and in the mouth...
It'd probably only cost a 100 here...

meansizzler
28-05-06, 02:18
Ummm... I pulled a few of mines out myself when I was young Lol! Yep, it came to a point the new teeth were pusing their way forward and it was so annoying trying to eat with a loose Molar.

So I souldn't wait for a dentist. I grabbed a pair of pliers and a spoon and... well I'll leave the rest to your imagination Lol! (Yes it did sting a bit.)

Hehehe..., once when I was little, say 10 or so, well my jogging bottoms had these draw strings so I was chewing on one, don't aks why and hey what to you know I yanked it a bit when it was in my mouth and hey presto my loose tooth came out...

Shauni
28-05-06, 02:26
Wow! I can't even begin to tell you how much I appreciate the time it took for you to write all that out for me! :hug: That was so kind of you. :) I'm going to write it all down so I don't forget a thing! Thanks so much!
You're welcome! :hug: I know I would have liked to have known all of those things before my surgery, so I figured I'd save you the trouble. hehe ;)
I hope that it goes well. :)

Mary CF
28-05-06, 04:10
Yeah Mary, we're both having surgery at around the same time. :hug: We can recover together on msn. :p haha.

It is going to be done either next week or the week after that I think. I dunno, sometime soon. So you'll probably have your surgery before me. I'm not sure though. Either way, it's kind of cool that we are both having work done at around the same time. haha! Even though I wish it didn't have to be done, might as well recover with a very close friend, don't you think? :) :hug:

Anyway, all of my wisdom teeth are still inside my gums. There is no way they will be able to come up, there's no room at all! My teeth are really straight, but I guess I just have a smaller mouth or something lol.

I'm not too worried, I just heardt hat if you get them taken out while they're still attatched to your jaw bone it hurts a lot more. My dentist implied that it was going to be really, really painful, so I guess that freaked me out lol.

One of my friends who had hers surgically removed said it was really bad for her too. I guess it varies from person to person. Hopefully it won't be so bad for me. :p thanks everyone. :D

For sure :) Hehe we can keep each other company! I know I'm going to be pretty bored... I do have homework for my self directed course but obviously that won't take up the whole two weeks! haha

I think my wisdom teeth are growing in just now... I am really not sure. I had these teeth grow in at the back some time ago (5-6 yrs)... and now another set growing at the back! So I **think** those are my wisdom teeth, but I have no clue haha. They hurt for a while, but they seem to be fitting in just fine now.. I hope. o.O

Well, let me know as soon as you find out what day it's scheduled for. :) You know when I'm going in. :D :hug:

TombH4x
28-05-06, 06:06
Oh, and please, if it did hurt super bad don't hold back in saying so in order to prevent me from being worried. I'll be fine

Ok, I won't hold back. :D
I got my 2 bottom wisdoms pulled 2 years ago. Never had any problems with them for many years, but somehow one got a cavity and needed to come out, so they pulled both.
I had to go to an Oral Surgeon because both teeth were impacted, meaning they were partially covered by my gums, and this means that my dentist couldn't do the job in his office.
The procedure itself wasn't bad, I was put under what's called Twilight Sleep, a type of anasthesia so, I have little recollection of the operation. It's funny though, I was out, but I know at one or two points during the operation that I could feel the doctor pulling on one of the teeth and hearing crunching noises. Sweet! ;)
Anyway, to post op.. I was given some quality pain killers to take, but I was ordered not to take them until about 3 hours after surgery. By the time I took the pills, I was in quite a bit of pain. I'd swear by the way I felt that the doctor used a rusty hand-drill to take out the teeth. My jaw and mouth felt like they'd been beat up. The pills did the trick though, so it wasn't too horrible.
Gonna try to shorten this up.
Well, I ended up getting dry socket in each.. err, socket, so that prolonged the pain and discomfort. I guess it lasted about a week and half. This was entirely my fault though. Just follow the doctors instructions and there should be no problem. What wasn't my fault though, was the jaw pain and the constant biting of the inside of my mouth following the operation. Man, I swear that doctor assaulted me while taking my teeth out. I think part of this was that it was a difficult job, due to the teeth being impacted.
Well, good luck with your procedure. I don't suspect my problems were that common.

Metaldud
28-05-06, 06:49
Oh yeah. I still remember getting the anesthetic, anesthetic is one of the greatest inventions;end of story, and absolutely zonking out, and when I woke up I saw my teeth that had been pulled, and I was like, "Wow." Admittedly, I wanted to barf. For about a couple of days afterwards my jaws were so swollen I could barely talk. I was really scared heading into my surgery 4 years ago. I kept thinking, "What if I never wake up?" Thankfully, it went all right. Thanks, much thanks, to anesthesia.