PDA

View Full Version : Blade Runner: The Final Cut (Re-release and DVD News!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

TombRaiderLover
27-05-06, 07:50
Warner Bros have been planning a special edition of the cult classic Blade Runner for years, but because of legal issues have been unable to release it. Today, they offically announced that a remastered, 2-disc version of 'Blade Runner: The Director's Cut' will be released on DVD in September. The original DVD was originally released back in 1997 and had very poor picture and sound quality and no extras at all. This new remastered version will only be available for four months, so buy it fast!

For next year, Warner Bros are returning Blade Runner to the cinema screens in a brand new version to mark it's 25th Anniversary. This version will be 'The Final Cut' and just as Ridley Scott intended. He is reportedly unhappy with the Director's Cut and wished that he could have spent more time on it.

Later that same year, another DVD (and also HD-DVD and Blu-Ray) will be released featuring four different versions of the film, plus extras. These versions are:

*US Theatrical Version (original cut of the film, minus violence)
*International Theatrical Version (original cut of the film, plus violence)
*The Director's Cut (removes voice-over, happy-ending and extra violence and adds unicorn dream sequence)
*The Final Cut (tbc)

HOOOOORRRRRRAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY! This news has really made my day!

TombRaiderLover
27-05-06, 10:35
Hello?

TombRaiderLover
28-05-06, 09:11
More info added . . .

James Burgon
28-05-06, 09:14
Had to study that last year for Film Studies, and getting a DVD of it was rediculously hard!

Looks like they did it just in time seeming as i've just left college :P. Good news though. I might get it.

Legend of Lara
28-05-06, 11:08
... don't know what Blade Runner even is but... erm... yay? :D
Why isn't there a sweatdrop smiley here?

TombRaiderLover
28-05-06, 20:20
getting a DVD of it was rediculously hard!

It's very rare now, and therefore very expensive, so I'm not surprised.

spence
29-05-06, 09:54
I have this on DVD. Can't remember if theatrical (international) or Director's cut.

Great movie, which raises some moral/ethical questions.

Looking foreward to Final Cut.

TombRaiderLover
29-05-06, 20:20
I have this on DVD. Can't remember if theatrical (international) or Director's cut.

Great movie, which raises some moral/ethical questions.

Looking foreward to Final Cut.

Only The Director's Cut is available on DVD.