PDA

View Full Version : Worst Game Endings (SPOILERS INCLUDED)

Alive_and_Funky
09-06-06, 19:58
What are the worst video game endings? I've got a few to share with you but remember to post a spoiler warning and saying for which game.

SPLINTER CELL PANDORA TOMORROW SPOILER!!!

Sam Fisher has to save people from the pox. What does he do? He disguises as the janitor, places the pox down on the ground and walks away. Bomb squad come in and place a container over the box. THE END.

END OF SPOILER

STAR WARS: KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC 2 SPOILER!!!

Kreia falls down pit. THE END. No loose ends tied up at all.

END OF SPOILER

Lara's Boy
09-06-06, 20:04
IMO....AoD had a horrible ending!!

Karel was never fully explored as a character, and did he die? Why didn't Lara stay after the explosion? It is also the most open ended game ending EVER!!!!

:wve:

Melonie Tomb Raider
09-06-06, 20:10
What are the worst video game endings? I've got a few to share with you but remember to post a spoiler warning and saying for which game.

Sam Fisher has to save people from the pox. What does he do? He disguises as the janitor, places the pox down on the ground and walks away. Bomb squad come in and place a container over the box. THE END.

How is that such a bad ending? I was very impressed with it actually. How else should they have ended it? Sam handing it over to the authorities himself? He can't, he's a Splinter Cell! I don't understand what's your problem with that ending.

The goal in the game is to get rid of the pox. The end shows how he does so. This is bad.... how?

To stay on topic though... I agree with Laras Boy, AOD's ending was bad. I really enjoyedt he game and i wanted to know what happened so bad! They just left us hanging with many, many questions unanswered. I think we should have at least known more about Karel.

Alive_and_Funky
09-06-06, 20:13
How is that such a bad ending? I was very impressed with it actually. How else should they have ended it? Sam handing it over to the authorities himself? He can't, he's a Splinter Cell! I don't understand what's your problem with that ending.

The goal in the game is to get rid of the pox. The end shows how he does so. This is bad.... how?

I understand what you mean and its the only way they could have ended it, but I still didn't like it. I'm too used to action-packed endings, but that wouldn't have worked with Splinter Cell. I am impressed with the way he handled the situation though. Nice work Sam :tmb:

Lone Raider
09-06-06, 20:14
TR 4. I hated it.

kill bill
09-06-06, 20:15
i hated all endings expect for legend

Alive_and_Funky
09-06-06, 20:18
i hated all endings expect for legend

I don't just mean Tomb Raider endings. It can be from any game in the world :)

Ampersand
09-06-06, 20:19
AOD - because after beating Boaz and finishing the game, it didn't even play the closing FMV to reward me for my efforts. :pi:

Lara's Boy
09-06-06, 20:19
Speaking once more on TR, I was a bit disappointed by the end of TR1...I played it for MONTHS....and the ending is her running off of an island and driving a boat away while it exploded? It could have been worse, but c,mon, man!!

xMiSsCrOfTx
09-06-06, 20:20
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. I remember when I finished, I was like, "Is that it..?"

Alive_and_Funky
09-06-06, 20:22
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. I remember when I finished, I was like, "Is that it..?"

Do you remember what happened? I've forgotten.

Lara's Boy
09-06-06, 20:23
Do you remember what happened? I've forgotten.

I think that is what really makes an ending bad, when you can't even remember it!

Melonie Tomb Raider
09-06-06, 20:24
I understand what you mean and its the only way they could have ended it, but I still didn't like it. I'm too used to action-packed endings, but that wouldn't have worked with Splinter Cell. I am impressed with the way he handled the situation though. Nice work Sam :tmb:

I guess I can understand why you felt that way then. I'm obsessed with spies and things of the like, so that's one reason why I love SC so much. When I was a kid I always said I wanted to be a spy. :vlol:

But yeah, I agree. Nice work Sam! :tmb: :D

Alive_and_Funky
09-06-06, 20:25
I think that is what really makes an ending bad, when you can't even remember it!

Too right. Come to think of it, I can't remember any of the Harry Potter game endings and I've played three (four if you count both Philosopher's Stones)!

Melonie Tomb Raider
09-06-06, 20:26
Speaking once more on TR, I was a bit disappointed by the end of TR1...I played it for MONTHS....and the ending is her running off of an island and driving a boat away while it exploded? It could have been worse, but c,mon, man!!

I felt the same way!!! :eek:

But still, most game endings are a MILLION times better than they were back in the NES and SNES days. Back then you'd beat a game just so you could see, "Congratulaion!" written on the screen. :vlol: Best endings ever! :ton:

Lara's Boy
09-06-06, 20:29
I felt the same way!!! :eek:

But still, most game endings are a MILLION times better than they were back in the NES and SNES days. Back then you'd beat a game just so you could see, "Congratulaion!" written on the screen. :vlol: Best endings ever! :ton:

Lol, this is true!

Elysia
09-06-06, 20:32
Yeah... the ending of TR1 is a little lame! There again, huge FMV sequences were a rarity back in 1996, so it can be forgiven!

I would like to add the complete lack of Vincent goodness in the end FMV sequence for Final Fantasy 7.... :p

dbot
09-06-06, 20:34
Medal of Honor: Allied Assault

GREAT game....awful awful ending.

Lara's Boy
09-06-06, 20:50
Medal of Honor: Allied Assault

GREAT game....awful awful ending.

I've never played it, was was awful about it?

Tomb Raider Jay
09-06-06, 20:51
Buffy the Vampire Slayer on Xbox has the worst game ending ever, it did the series no justice at all :( Even though the game itself was truly AMAZING!

Spoiler

The sunkern church collapses after defeating the Master, Buffy and her friends leave through a crack in the wall. Later at the Bronze nightclub a vampire leads a girl outside into the allyway and Buffy say's : "Oh well duty calls...I'd like to see those pom-pom girls try making my squad!" AND THATS IT!!!

End of Spoiler
After fighting demonds and defeating her all time enemy they made Buffy shrug it off like it was nothing, NOTHING!

The crapest ending ever IMO!

Alive_and_Funky
09-06-06, 20:54
Buffy the Vampire Slayer on Xbox has the worst game ending ever, it did the series no justice at all :( Even though the game itself was truly AMAZING!

Spoiler

The sunkern church collapses after defeating the Master, Buffy and her friends leave through a crack in the wall. Later at the Bronze nightclub a vampire leads a girl outside into the allyway and Buffy say's : "Oh well duty calls...I'd like to see those pom-pom girls try making my squad!" AND THATS IT!!!

End of Spoiler
After fighting demonds and defeating her all time enemy they made Buffy shrug it off like it was nothing, NOTHING!

The crapest ending ever IMO!

Woah. That is bad. lol

Legend of Lara
09-06-06, 21:10
Those endings are nothing compared to those!
SPOILERS!!!

Sonic Riders- Hero Story
Sonic defeats Jet in race. Sonic then says: "Even without wings, I can still FWYYY!!! Tee-hee... wight?" Then he finds Eggman and creates a tornado. Eggman had Amy prisoned so she flew up as well. Eggman was a wimp and ran away. Amy became angry and hit Sonic with a huge hammer. END!

Sonic Heroes- Chaotix Story
Chaotix frees Eggman from prison and start attacking him. END!

Shadow the Hedgehog- Hero Ending
Shadow gets all Chaos Emeralds and they rotate around him. The villain of the piece says: "You can't... defeat... ME!" Sonic then says: "Let's do this!" Shadow then says: "I'm Shadow the Hedgehog. With these emeralds, Black Doom and his army are finished. This is who I am!" END!

Spice World
A badly rendered Spice Girl chirps: "Gweat sho, buh now we gotta go!" END!

SingStar- Star maker
A plane takes off. END!

The Incredibles: Rise of the Underminer
A robot blows up. END!

Crash Nitro Kart- Hero Story
Coco and Crunch talk a lot while Crash jumps around. END!

SPOILER END!

tombfan91
09-06-06, 21:12
all the pokemon endings lol

v.dog
09-06-06, 21:35
Opposing Force:

SUBJECT: SHEPHARD
FURTHER EVALUATION PENDING

-You basically get locked up in Limbo.

Sofitegan
09-06-06, 21:41
AOD ending.

Olvidarse
09-06-06, 21:54
Dreamfall: The Longest Journey

You end up with more plot holes than previously expected - no definite conclusions whatsoever.

Laras Backpack
09-06-06, 21:58
Tomb Raider 5: 'We've found her!'....and then what? Wait for AOD? We all knew Lara would come back for another game, so she was still alive etc. I played the entire game for that completely uninformative ending? :mad:

TrojanMan
09-06-06, 22:05
Resident Evil 4's ending was really awful.
All of the Onimusha games except for Dawn of Dreams have mediocre/bad endings.
Devil May Cry 1 and 2 had crappy endings.
Final Fantasy X and X-2 had weak endings also.
Kingdom Hearts I and II had bad endings.
The entire last 1/4 of Indigo Prophecy was crap incarnate...
And Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones had a really lame ending.

Melonie Tomb Raider
09-06-06, 22:42
Final Fantasy X

I couldn't disagree with you more! :eek: FFX and KH1&2 had the best endings of virtually any games I have ever plade (which have been A LOT). Honestly, I can't think of a game with a better ending than the original Kingdom hearts especially. KH2 and FFX had phenominal endings as well! We must have very, very, very different taste in storylines. :ton:

I thought I'd mention Tomb Raider Legend. It's not really bad, but I was disapointed. I never realized quite what Amanda's intentions were, and neither do I understand how Lara's mother was talking to the future Lara while it was still past. The only reason why Lara was able to talk to her Mom in the first place was a result of what happened in the past, and I don't know, it confuses me. Maybe I just don't get it, but it didn't make a whole lot of sense to me. I loved TRL, but the story as a whole was not a strongpoing by any means.

ILG49ers
09-06-06, 23:14
And Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones had a really lame ending.

I thought the ending was great for PoP: TTT!

I have to agree, I was really upset with the ending, but all around it was still a great game. One of my favorite games of all time. Besides Pandora Tomorrow, I hated the ending for Resident Evil 4, it was just really lame, IMO.

Lara Croft!
09-06-06, 23:48
AOD and Legend endings.....Too short and incomplete!!!!!!!!!

dbot
09-06-06, 23:54
I've never played it, was was awful about it?

SPOILERS:

There was no ending. The last mission, your doing something in a Nazi facility, and then gas is released and it starts to blow up. you escape the facility, and board a train with other allied soldiers providing cover fire. The train leaves, one of them says "Wow, look at it blow!", where it fades to black and says "THE END"

END SPOILERS

Lenochka
10-06-06, 00:49

Havent seen the end of 2 but one wasnt the best ending at all... getting a note from micky and running into the sunset with donald and goofy... just having donald and goofy exchanging cheesy looks at sora is enough to make me vomit. The game is great dont get me wrong... but the story with goofy and donald i found rather corny... ( of course this is my opinon... please dont attack me KH fan boys/girls )

Tomb of Legends
10-06-06, 00:56
Those endings are nothing compared to those!
SPOILERS!!!

Crash Nitro Kart- Hero Story
Coco and Crunch talk a lot while Crash jumps around. END!

SPOILER END!

As if it was! It was nothing like that! It had humor and everything. Crash imagining that he had a planet shaped as his head. Finding out that Velo was teh same as everyone else. I think you were just told! :ton:

Tomb of Legends
10-06-06, 01:02
TR3's PATHETIC! My god it sucked. Kill the guy and fly away. Lost Artefact should have been Multi-format so we could have a decent ending.

TR luver7
10-06-06, 04:03
grrrrrr i loved absolutely loved the endings for both KH im a huge fan lol anyway yes the ending for Harry Potter and the prisoner of Azkaban was lame and i guess thats it