PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider-What makes me mad about people some playing this game.

kewlkyle64
13-06-06, 23:05
I'm not talking about everyone, but some people just make me amazingly mad. Like I'm talking to my friend and bring up Tomb Raider, and he just stares at me, and I say, "You know, Lara Croft? Tomb Raider? It's a major thing?" And he just says "Oh yeah, I liked the Cradle of Life."

These people are idiots. Hardcore Tomb Raider fans all hate this (I'm one of them), and I'm positive of that.

I then told my friend a joke, with an ending I shouldn't have said to them. This was our conversation.

"You've never heard of the game Tomb Raider, but love the movies."
"Yup."
"Ok, I have a joke to test something. A man has 3 daughters. One walks up to him and asks, "Daddy why is my name Rosebud?" And the father says, "Because when you were little, a little rosebud landed on your head. The daughter says thank you and walks away. The second one walks up to him and asks, "Daddy why is my name Dandelion?" And the father says, "Because when you were little, a little dandelion landed on your head. The daughter says thank you and walks away. Then the last daughter comes up to him and says "Bleh blah ooga bleh shalala bleg bleg!" And the dad says "Shut up Anvil!" So which one are you?"
And apparently he wasn't listening, because he said "Anvil."
I started laughing and said "Wow. Your an idiotic girl! Thats hysterical! You are stupid!"

Then he socked me in the stomach.

Back on topic, it makes me mad, people like this. I just hate their guts. I know this will never change, but something must be done to stop these idiots. I mean, AJ isn't a bad actor, but if your not gonna play the games at ALL then I don't really think you deserve to see the movies.

Thank you.

Rivendell
13-06-06, 23:13
Ahh there's people like that everywhere, film buffs not so much game buffs. You can't hate them for something like that!
However if your mate had said he thought "Tomb Raider iz 4 gays lolz" - then you could hate him, for the following reasons:
1. Ignorant and arrogant viewpoint
2. Not being able to spell
3. Disliking Tomb Raider

;)

Pablo.CT
13-06-06, 23:17
I ahve alot of friends who have the same attitude towards tomb raider. They all just dont get TR, the only thing there interested in are ms.crofts bussoms

kewlkyle64
13-06-06, 23:21
I ahve alot of friends who have the same attitude towards tomb raider. They all just dont get TR, the only thing there interested in are ms.crofts bussoms

That's just like my friend, now that he heard about the game. He also played the game at my house, he said it sucked.

I punched him in the stomach, for revenge. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Pablo.CT
13-06-06, 23:25
LOL :D. KewlKyle have u played through any of the olf TR'S the classics. Ive been playing on TR2 and TR3 all night

kewlkyle64
13-06-06, 23:27
I got TRC, TR1, TR2, and The Last Revelation lying around somewhere, haven't played em in awhile. If your lookin' for advice you found the wrong guy.

Rivendell
13-06-06, 23:30
Ive been playing on TR2 and TR3 all night

I've been on TR2 all day, did the Monestary level, Catacombs and the Palace: Freaky ice levels, the noises the Yeti's make :eek: And I'd forgotten about the mad irony eagle at the end of that bit!!

That clip was ace too, had music from TR1 in it :D

Now I'm on Xian - :jmp: one of the best TR levels ever!

kewlkyle64
13-06-06, 23:32
Ya... Xian... A great level.

Paperdoll
13-06-06, 23:34
And then there's the other thing. My friend became a TR freak (she'd be late for school because of it XD) but she doesn't care about the movies at all. So it happens all the time :)

Yuyu
13-06-06, 23:39
I see nothing wrong in people being into the movies and not the games... They are missing out on something that's for sure :)

kewlkyle64
13-06-06, 23:41
Well the movies aren't even very good. But Yuyu is right, they are missing out.

Pablo.CT
13-06-06, 23:50
Well the movies aren't even very good. But Yuyu is right, they are missing out.

I really Like the first Movie. Obviously they will never come close to the game but the first one is very good i think.

kewlkyle64
13-06-06, 23:59
I suppose it's ok, like the training robot. But some of it is just crap.

PirateRose
14-06-06, 00:09
Eh, I say who cares. They probably like something you either hate or know nothing about. Can't expect everone to know everything.

Oh and YuYu, I'm about to raid your avater. >.>

kewlkyle64
14-06-06, 00:18
Oh and YuYu, I'm about to raid your avater. >.>

My first avatar got raided, and I was the first to use it. Then people stole it from me, and no one believed me.

I hate people like you.

thevman
14-06-06, 01:27
I've been on TR2 all day, did the Monestary level, Catacombs and the Palace: Freaky ice levels, the noises the Yeti's make :eek: And I'd forgotten about the mad irony eagle at the end of that bit!!

That clip was ace too, had music from TR1 in it :D

Now I'm on Xian - :jmp: one of the best TR levels ever!

The floating green blocks, the outer wall or inside??? Those were trippy sections! I still get creeped out when he stabs himself with the dagger! I loved getting to the dragon and taking his dagger, haha fool! Muahahahaha!

Ohhhhhhhh, and the final battle of the game! :hug:

Yuyu
14-06-06, 01:39

kewlkyle64
14-06-06, 01:39
Ya those are all fun. And that is creepy, stabbing himself.

Tathra
14-06-06, 01:49
dont be too hard on people who dont like Tomb Raider! People like wat they like.
Either way, if I were to hate evryone who dosent like of know about TR, the nearest person I would like would be 400 km away.

WhosaidAODwasbad
14-06-06, 01:58
I also hate the cradle of life it was very corny!
The First movie was pretty good not amazing, but not bad!
Hopefully if they do a third one paramount won't put a stupid director to film it!
They need steven spielberg, and a good writer like the guy you wrote empire strikes back or Indiana Jones, (Watches head for bottles)!

Tathra
14-06-06, 02:38
lol actually I agree, the movies did get me interested in TR, but they have nothing over the games.

kewlkyle64
14-06-06, 02:42
Of course they dont have anything to do with the games. The first movie wasn't bad but the second one was
TERRIBLE!!
http://websmileys.com/sm/aliens/hae28.gif

It's worse than the ugliness of this guy!

WhosaidAODwasbad
14-06-06, 02:47
lol actually I agree, the movies did get me interested in TR, but they have nothing over the games.
I don't doubt it I bet there are plenty of people that got interested because of the movies.
I remember hearing that over 90% of the population in the world have heard of lara croft.
I bet it was a shock to you when you played the first game and relised that it was 10 times better than the movies!
What got me interested was the archeaological way the game is, and isn't ARchaeology can be quite exciting but is sometimes boring Tomb Raider is like Archaeology with out permission. plus I ve always loved Indiana Jones and just got the Dvd collection, I defently recomind it! Also a book a few years before Tomb RAider came out was about an Archeaologist very much like Indiana and Lara Croft because it was a woman Archeaologist with lara personality!

But all I can say is hope that the Third one is good and if not leave it To Indiana!

sweet_pea
14-06-06, 03:09
Hate to say it but more people watch movies than play video games. That's why a game company has to think about a movie deal if they want to stay alive now a days.

WhosaidAODwasbad
14-06-06, 03:17
Hate to say it but more people watch movies than play video games. That's why a game company has to think about a movie deal if they want to stay alive now a days.

Actually this is even further from the truth these days, games actually over power hollywood, even balliwood!
There is still and probably always going to be more movie goers because it is so accesible, semi-cheap and fun. Games are growing so big because games provide what movies can't which is interaction like you are really playing the story! Also in the end you probably spent 30-60 dollars on a movie including the dvd version, the ticket for the theater and food, and with a game its 30-50 bucks, 10 hours or more of gameplay and you play the movie don't watch it.

Games right now are one of the biggest entertainment in the industry and totally blasts MOvies out of the water when it comes to revenue! Let me find the article on it!

thevman
14-06-06, 03:19
I don't know about that, didn't the TR SERIES sell like 30 million copies??? At 50 bucks a crack? That's A LOT of smackers! :eek:

sweet_pea
14-06-06, 03:27
Games right now are one of the biggest entertainment in the industry and totally blasts MOvies out of the water when it comes to revenue! Let me find the article on it!

No way. :p

WhosaidAODwasbad
14-06-06, 03:31
No way. :p

Yeah, way they had an article on it about a week ago on gamespot! I'll try to find it. I mean tons of people were lining outside to get Halo 2!

Halo and Halo 2 what's the difference, Poor souls didn't know they were getting the same game haahahhhahhahha! :p