PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Here Who DOESN'T like Football?

TombRaiderLover
14-06-06, 19:20
Am I the only one who isn't obsessed with the World Cup.

interstellardave
14-06-06, 19:22
I could not care less about it either.

Rivendell
Nope, not a fan myself, unless a certain team loses :mis:

:D
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j307/RivendellHylia/walesflag.gif
;)

Jacob x5
I'm not interested in football at all.

Dingaling
14-06-06, 19:23
It messed up the Neighbours schedule so I wasn't able to see the episodes on Friday and Monday as they were only shown in the afternoon when I was at school! So, yes, football is evil. And no, my Neighbours reason is not the only reason I don't like it :p

Elysia
14-06-06, 19:23
I want England to lose so I don't have to have football crammed down my throat 24/7. Just face it. We're crap. We haven't won in 40 years. Get over it.

So you could say I'm not the biggest football fan there ever was... ;)

Mad Tony
14-06-06, 19:24
Nope, not a fan myself, unless a certain team loses :mis:

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j307/RivendellHylia/walesflag.gif
;)

what team do you want to lose?

I'm not mad about the world cup, but I'm watching England avidly, seen as I'm enlglish!!

Go England!!!!:yah:

if England win, you'll never here the last of me!

VonCroy360
I'm here... :)

RAID
I'm not so crazy about it myself.

Lenochka
14-06-06, 19:25
To tell you the truth i dont really watch it. But i guess i should give it a chance. so many people liek it maybe i shall try to watch or play. Im not the kind of person to pass something without trying it...

tomblover
14-06-06, 19:26
I hate football... :hea: *Pulls out a hammer and a nail and punctures the ball* :D :tea:

CuteKittenlol
14-06-06, 19:28
I'm not but i want England 2 win :yah:

Brother Rumblebottoms
14-06-06, 19:29
Yes I find it very boring; the only thing I can see is some ants running around on a big green field, and some white ball bouncing around.:confused:

I'd rather have the original Incan (or Mayan?) football: they didn't use a ball, but heads from their dead enemies!:)

Lone Raider
14-06-06, 19:36
I'd rather watch Quidditch :D

xMiSsCrOfTx
14-06-06, 19:36

Me too. That's about the only sport I don't hate.

RAID
14-06-06, 19:39
Back in 2002 I was all like Yay World Cup and crap.

This time it's like it didn't even happen.

Lara's Boy
14-06-06, 19:39
I don't care much for it. Then again, I don't care for any sports, really :p

RAID
14-06-06, 19:40
The only sport I really like is Volley Ball.

Laras Backpack
I find it boring.
I appreciate other people's enjoyment of it, but I hate the way my country (England) gets so obsessed about it. Every record shop I walk into is playing those god-awful football pop songs! They make me want to shove chop sticks into my ears. :hea:

Alive_and_Funky
I'm not bothered about the World Cup either.

jackali
14-06-06, 19:41
i couldn't care less

Elysia
14-06-06, 19:42
I'd rather play Russian Roulette with a toaster, some forks and a faulty plug...

Lone Raider
14-06-06, 19:43
I find it boring.
I appreciate other people's enjoyment of it, but I hate the way my country (England) gets so obsessed about it. Every record shop I walk into is playing those god-awful football pop songs! They make me want to shove chop sticks into my ears. :hea:

well imagine what it's like over here right now... :rolleyes:

UNDERTAKER
14-06-06, 19:45
I can't stand football. I fail to see why some people have such passion and dedication for it.

For example, if I walk down the street with a football strip on I risk getting abuse hurled at me and maybe even mugged because some people take it so seriously!

That's why I dislike it so much.

Osojojo
14-06-06, 19:45
Football as in the sport where you kick, right? Not American football?

Well I couldn't give a beancurd for either, so :ton:

RAID
14-06-06, 19:56
I can't stand football. I fail to see why some people have such passion and dedication for it.

For example, if I walk down the street with a football strip on I risk getting abuse hurled at me and maybe even mugged because some people take it so seriously!

I hate it cause it's nothing but a bunch of guys making a hell lot of money for running after a ball and kicking it. along with what you said.

Elysia
14-06-06, 19:56

Only verbal abuse and a possible mugging? You'd get stabbed for wearing the 'wrong' strip (i.e. anything that isn't either Pompey or England related) here!

Ahhh, Pompey football chants, hollered with such pride at the opposing teams' suppoeters... such gems as 'You're not going to make it to the train-station' and 'You're going home in an ambulance'...

SSJ6Wolf
14-06-06, 19:59
American football is very dull. I had to sit at those school games in marching band last year and the year before. :hea: I can't even understand how it works very well.

Soccer (the other football) is at least easy to understand, but I don't watch it that much anyway :p

Lost Angel 21
Don't like it. Never did. It's annoying when it's football season and my teacher's tlaking to a student who loves football. My friend's a cheerleade,r so she knows all about it. I listen when she explains plays and stuff; I get it, I just don't like it. I meant US football, not soccer...sorry.

Rivendell

God YES!! I bought the Q-world cup game and after 5 minutes of playing thought, -this is So much better than footy! Even the matches on the film are far far far more entertaining!

I mean, 4 balls - one regular, two for smacking people with and one to find..
Broomsticks, = fast, high up, risk of falling
Lee Jordan - Funny as - :D

Such a laugh !

Hybrid Soldier
14-06-06, 20:01
When reading through people's post i realized you weren't talking about American football. Haha.

Umm, i don't care really.

wadjet
14-06-06, 20:01
when it comes to football, i agree with the chopsticks and the toaster roulette ideas :hea:

Legend of Lara
14-06-06, 20:08
I hate football and everything related to it. End of story!

Paul H
14-06-06, 20:45
I hate football and in particular I hate drunken yobbish England fans.

Snooker is the best game..

Paperdoll
14-06-06, 20:50
I don't care about it but what makes mad is how stupid people are. Whenever it's World Cup time, the windows get filled with flags and the people walk around with t-shirts with also a flag, but once the championship is over, all the patriotism goes down the drain *sigh*

Baslakor
14-06-06, 20:58
See sweaty man run behind a ball to kick it, then run back to their place and try it again. Those men get millions of dollars (or euro's or whatever) for that. Even worse: Millions of people watch it, enjoy it, worship it. They dress horrible stupid (which is only fun is you are original) and very often tear the place down if the game goes bad. The game isn't about fun, but about winning. Disabling your opponent (when the judge doesn't see it) is very common. This all wrapped up in one commercial pakkage.

I sometimes played football with 5 or 6 friends. We are horrible in the game, but we laugh often, try new technics only to see that it REALLY didn't work. We play fair and need no judge. At the end of those games we often don't know the score; for it isn't about winning at all.

The first one I hate, the second I love. I think football was meant to be just a game for fun, not for money and extreme national pride/worship.

Mad Tony
14-06-06, 21:00
See sweaty man run behind a ball to kick it, then run back to their place and try it again. Those men get millions of dollars (or euro's or whatever) for that. Even worse: Millions of people watch it, enjoy it, worship it. They dress horrible stupid (which is only fun is you are original) and very often tear the place down if the game goes bad. The game isn't about fun, but about winning. Disabling your opponent (when the judge doesn't see it) is very common. This all wrapped up in one commercial pakkage.

I sometimes played football with 5 or 6 friends. We are horrible in the game, but we laugh often, try new technics only to see that it REALLY didn't work. We play fair and need no judge. At the end of those games we often don't know the score; for it isn't about winning at all.

The first one I hate, the second I love. I think football was meant to be just a game for fun, not for money and extreme national pride/worship.

I agree completley!!

there would be a lot less crimes in Britain if football was about fun and and not winning. well said:tmb:

Legend of Lara

Agreed. :tmb:

Atlantian
I hate football

Thorir
14-06-06, 21:07
I hate football

My words exactly.

Yunaīs Wish
14-06-06, 21:09
I donīt hate it, but I certainly donīt care about it. However, I want my country to win the World Cup :D A bit controversial, but natural at the same time

Laras Backpack
14-06-06, 21:12
My condolenses. It must really suck if you're not a football fan. it'll be over in a few weeks atleast.

Mad Tony
14-06-06, 21:14

I'd lived in a country that hosted the world cup, the atomasphere would extactic!:)

lara_lookalike
14-06-06, 21:33
i dont really care.I HATE everything and anything about football!!!

Genocide
14-06-06, 23:17
i dont really care.I HATE everything and anything about football!!!
me too

CerebralAssassin
14-06-06, 23:53
I love it! english footbal that is!:D

illuminati30
15-06-06, 00:01
I could not care less about it either.

same here, its a load of balls!

illuminati30
15-06-06, 00:03

Thats just Scotland for you lol

ILG49ers
15-06-06, 01:16
I love American Football, but Soccer (as we call it over here in the USA) is a very boring sport, IMO!

RoseTyler
15-06-06, 01:43
I HATE football.

Geck-o-Lizard
15-06-06, 02:16
COME ON, WHOEVER'S-PLAYING-ENGLAA-AAAAND!

:p

Hate football. Hate all spectator sports, really. Sport's something you do, not something you watch on the tellie... o_O

DREWY
15-06-06, 02:21
Not my cuppa tea. Only one player has the thought to pick up the ball!
Spend the whole game and no-one scores?. No wonder there's fights. Its called frustration!

Geck-o-Lizard
15-06-06, 02:24
Don't they do like "redcard training" or something? Training the players how to convincingly trip over and sprawl on the grass whenever an opponent runs by within two metres of them.

DREWY
15-06-06, 02:33
That should get a bite Geck! :D

Jacob x5
15-06-06, 04:52
Sport's something you do, not something you watch on the tellie... o_O

Yes, the main idea of sport really is that you get exercise, and if you're watching it on TV then you're pretty much missing the point. :p

Lost_Raider
15-06-06, 04:59
I just want to enjoy a good soccer game...but I got FIFA games for that...

laracroft2122
15-06-06, 05:29
I Hate Football!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

BigR4444
15-06-06, 05:34
I LOVE football....... Miami Dolphins baby!!!!...........oh....."That" football............
I dont Hate 'soccer" as we call it.......I just dont like it.........I get really tired of them faking injury for 10 minutesfor no apparent reason.......I watched one of the games the other day, and they took the guy off on a stretcher.....the announcer said "well we'el see if hes really hurt or if he gets off it as soon as hes on the sideline......blah bla.....(30 seconds later) and he is off the stretcher and ready to come back into the game"......
AND THAT WAS IT...the announcer didnt even make a big deal out of it!!!! If that happened in an American sport , the guy would be ridiculed for years!!!! There is some faking in American sports, but it lasts for a split second , when the guy doenst get the call, he drops the act immeadiatley.....basketball players pretend to draw a charge.....football lineman try to draw a holdingcall, but its more of a fake of the foul itself rather than the aftereffects.....No one ever rolls around for 5 minutes after the act......its ridiculous!!!

Melonie Tomb Raider
15-06-06, 05:36
I love the NFL, but I'm assuming you mean soccer. In that case, no, I'm not a fan of it. I love to play, but watching it is kind of boring.

Atlantean Natla
15-06-06, 05:37
I hate sports. I hate to even watch them. Its just not my thing. I don't like playing them, and I can't really understand them. Especially football. I'm not a sports fan at all. Its just not something to watch on TV, because its boring. You can't even see things sometimes, it goes by so fast. I hate it.

ivannnnn
15-06-06, 07:53
WWE is the most interesting sports of all time:yah: :yah:

Cochrane
15-06-06, 07:54
Usually, I don't give a damn about football (the kind that the americans call soccer). Now, with the world cup going on here in germany, I just hate it. I still do not care about the games, but all the people behaving silly because they think it's something important annoy me. For example, who is really going to buy a water hose only because it is called "World champion offer!"? All the people going crazy or putting flags on their cars just annoy me.

For the record, I don't like american football either. I watched a game once when I was on an exchange in Ohio, but I never understood what the game was about and how it worked, and frankly, I do not really want to find out.

L.C
15-06-06, 08:46
I'd rather watch Quidditch :DMe too. That's about the only sport I don't hate.God YES!! I bought the Q-world cup game and after 5 minutes of playing thought, -this is So much better than footy! Even the matches on the film are far far far more entertaining!

I mean, 4 balls - one regular, two for smacking people with and one to find..
Broomsticks, = fast, high up, risk of falling
Lee Jordan - Funny as - :D

Such a laugh !

In total agreement :D

Jonnipants
15-06-06, 09:46
The only sport I can stand to watch is ice skating. xD

Kamrusepas
15-06-06, 12:49
Anyone Here Who DOESN'T like Football?

Me me me me :jmp: :jmp:

rika2
15-06-06, 12:52
I don't like it, never did...

Capt. Murphy
15-06-06, 12:58
American Football is alright. It's not that big of a deal to me. Then again, harldy ANY sports are. As for Soccer...

Huh? :confused:

:p

conorcroft2001
15-06-06, 13:39
I would rather watch paint dry!

Give me tennis or Big Brother anyday!

Conor

Rivendell
15-06-06, 13:41
27 hours til the rapturous boo's for Grace :D

Edit: 30ish - can't count :rolleyes: :o

L.C
15-06-06, 13:54
Is there a World cup match on Friday night? Wonder what will get more ratings?? :p

tomblover
15-06-06, 14:08
I'd rather watch the news LOL! :vlol: This is for football: http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/rolleye/rolleye0002.gif

Sofitegan
15-06-06, 15:21
I am the anti-football and I will rise up and overthow humanity!!!
:mis: :mis: :mis:

I leave you to decide whether i like it or not. :D

TombRaiderLover
15-06-06, 15:21
Football must die!!!!! Ragggghhhhh!!!!!!

Sorry, I just feel so hypo and mad!!!! The TR remake has been officially cancelled.

Lavinder
15-06-06, 15:24
I hate the hype, I hate it taking all tv time up... I hate football.

Nephili
15-06-06, 15:25
Nah, im not either, i hate football with a passion. But i can sit and watch it, im just not very interested in it.

dark_angel_7
15-06-06, 16:33
I hate football. :)

CerebralAssassin
15-06-06, 16:34
wow..a lot of you hate soccer I'm surprised :confused:

badboy70
15-06-06, 18:39
i hate it, but when i'm in school it's always FUN :D it's more PAiNball, we kick against the ball and most of them times, we kick each other :D

Ampersand
15-06-06, 18:46
Me, me, ME! I can't stand football - a yobs' sport. :pi:

And the World Cup is merely an excuse for the nation's football hooligans to hang out their flags and make a show of being so 'patriotic'. :p

If you're that patriotic, why can't you be patriotic at other times? Why are people only ever patriotic over football of all things? :o