PDA

View Full Version : Punk Hairstyles?

Soma Holiday
15-06-06, 04:34
I really want to do something different with my hair and I'm thinking of something wild, not really too wild, but something with color, maybe red or pink, but I want my hair medium to long length...but I can't find any pics. Does anyone know a site or have pics of long punk styles.

I'm thinking of going white blonde and getting hot pink tips, but I want a pic before I tell my stylist so they'll know what I mean lol.

thanx...

Nathel
15-06-06, 06:38
I cant really say I dig the "punk" hair styles. I think they are overdone and honestly not that goodlooking (sometimes trashy.) Even if its your style you dont need a certain hairstyle to express who you are. I think a more natural look even something along the lines of your avatar is a much better route to take. I'm sure you have a beautiful face, you should get something that compliments your features not something that attracts attention on its own. However if you still want to go with one website aren't the way to go. They will most likely be very slim pickins and based on someone else's idea of whats in. If you go to any hair salon (preferably one thats a little more up to date) and get one of those hair books from the early 90s youll find what youre looking for (trust me they're all in there.) Goodluck! :)

tr_mitch
15-06-06, 08:27
I cant really say I dig the "punk" hair styles. I think they are overdone and honestly not that goodlooking (sometimes trashy.) Even if its your style you dont need a certain hairstyle to express who you are. I think a more natural look even something along the lines of your avatar is a much better route to take. I'm sure you have a beautiful face, you should get something that compliments your features not something that attracts attention on its own. However if you still want to go with one website aren't the way to go. They will most likely be very slim pickins and based on someone else's idea of whats in. If you go to any hair salon (preferably one thats a little more up to date) and get one of those hair books from the early 90s youll find what youre looking for (trust me they're all in there.) Goodluck! :)

I have to disagree, why not make a statement? why not have a totally different hairstyle to everyone? Who's to say what is a natural look?
We don't all have to look the same.
Just go with what you like at the end of the day.... What does look good though is when you have the back spiked up, and the fringe cut down one side and like perhaps some blocks of colour put through, perhaps if your hairs already dark.... blonde and red.

ivannnnn
15-06-06, 08:32
Punk hairstyles are the worst hairstyle for me..wild n ugly :vlol:

Thorir
15-06-06, 09:46
I've been looking for the same. It's not easy to find pics! You should look in magazines or something and see if you find anything you like.

Nathel
15-06-06, 12:15
I have to disagree, why not make a statement? why not have a totally different hairstyle to everyone? Who's to say what is a natural look?
We don't all have to look the same.
Just go with what you like at the end of the day.... What does look good though is when you have the back spiked up, and the fringe cut down one side and like perhaps some blocks of colour put through, perhaps if your hairs already dark.... blonde and red.

Believe me I'm all for individuality, but I don't believe having a "punk" hairstyle is being different at all, if its what you like then great but being punk/emo/goth is so much of a fad now its lost whatever feeling it had. As for making a statement... making a statement should be something you do with your actions to stand for something you believe in, to stand against something that may be considered normal in society but not in your own eyes; such as not taking drugs when all of your friends do. However, when your statement is on top of your head its more just for attention.

Soma Holiday
15-06-06, 12:30
Trust me, I'm far from punk...more goth than anything actually, despite the fact that I'm not gothic at all...it's wierd haha...anyway, I'm a unique individual and I've been this way for at least 5 years, long before emo and punk were 'fads' (even though I still don't see them as fads)

at the moment my hair is light brown and long, very long like mid way down my back. I'm also very pale which is why I don't want to go black since that wouldn instantly label my goth, which I'm not...I dunno. I put burgundy tips in a few months ago and liked it, but my hair is to dark to really notice it, that's why I was thinking of going blonde first...but I'll figure somethin out.

Either way, I honestly think that the styles people choose to live with are up to them. Their's no such thing as a wierd look, only different looks. If it makes people happy and doesn't hurt others, then they can do whatever they want with themselves. I have respect for 'punk,' and 'different' people simply because their not afraid to express that in themselves, but either way, I just wanted a change haha...but I live in the middle of no where and their aren't many salons to choose from...I'll just have to keep looking then haha...;)

Nathel
15-06-06, 15:14
I agree, I'm not trying to attack anyone or any style. All I'm trying to say is go with whatever you want, hair salon books from the 90s are a good place to look, and the hair on your avatar is cool lol.