PDA

View Full Version : MSN (not another 'Do you have it?' thread)

Jacob x5
15-06-06, 17:33
I feel like saying how I feel about 'MSN', so I think I will. :p Is it just me, or is MSN really not that great? To be honest, it's pretty poor. Ok, it let's you talk to people via the internet amongst other things, but it's just so glitchy it's unbelievable! Instead of concentrating on all this 'My Space' nonsense, 'blogs' and all of that, they should concentrate on fixing all these annoying bugs. I'm sure we've all experienced the 'scroll up' bug, where everytime you send or receive a message the chat window scrolls right up. I'm not sure it should really be called an 'instant messenger'. It takes about 5 seconds for each message, and sometimes you eventually realise that neither you or the person you are talking to is receiving any messages! Along with that, sometimes people appear offline when they are set to appear online. This has been annoying me an awful lot over the time I've been using it. I'm not entirely sure why this is the most popular 'instant' messenger on the internet. To be honest, it's the worst I've ever used (granted I have only ever experienced two :p).

Now then. Hotmail. :rolleyes :p Half the emails don't send, you get a bunch of junk mail including CONSTANT hotmail updates like "Have you tried our new blah blah blah texting via email for just 1 pound a text!" :rolleyes:

:hea: I can't stand the bloody thing. :p Aside from all the glitches, the whole thing is so hard to use (sort of). All those convienient little things they could quite easily add in (like a nice 'block group' option) are the sort of thing you'd have to pay for. I'm not paying for a tiny little addition like that that will probably come with a few more glitches.

Who hears me? :cln: :ton:

Lenochka
15-06-06, 17:52
MSN is WAYYYYYY better than Aol. How is it glitchy? i use that all the time...

Jacob x5
15-06-06, 17:54
Google is a better search engine than Yahoo, but I use Yahoo for email. :cln: :)

BlackGrey
15-06-06, 17:54
I wish there was some way of unblocking yourself on other people's contact lists...

Janny
15-06-06, 17:57
Just use Yahoo Messenger, it's better :p

rachkitten
15-06-06, 17:59
I wish there was some way of unblocking yourself on other people's contact lists...

lol...if only :p

I like msn though, I have yahoo and AOL but i have no contacts on either cos' i never use it :o

Jacob x5
15-06-06, 18:00
Just use Yahoo Messenger, it's better :p

I used to use that, but nobody used it except a bunch of Filipenos that my step-mum knew that just tried to turn me into a Catholic. Instead of "Love is like a flower blah blah blah...send this to 15 people in 15 minutes and you will find your true love" I got "God is on your side blah blah blah send this to 15 people in 15 minutes or God will hate you." :D

Lost_Raider
15-06-06, 18:01
All MSN or Microsoft related...MSN 7.5, Windows Live Mails, Windows Lives Mails Desktop beta...

Having everything packed in a single system really streamlined a lot of stuff...as long as I'm on the net, MSN keeps me updated about everything, news, friends, email...and even with beta, no glitchs...

Ampersand
15-06-06, 18:02
I prefer Yahoo! for e-mailing, I hate clicking my way round Hotmail's crowded interface and tiny icons. :hea:

MSN's alright, it's not something I use a lot. As a method of communication it does its job, and as a method of unwanted communication it does its job even better.

But the smilies suck, and that is unforgivable. :pi:

Jacob x5
15-06-06, 18:06
But the smilies suck, and that is unforgivable. :pi:

They certainly do! Instead of a decent ':p' smilie you get this weird retarded thing, lol. :cln:

Lavinder
15-06-06, 18:08
Yes, stupid buggy thing.

Currently its frozen and not responding; i'm waiting for it to stop having it's little tantrum so I can carry on talking to you.

LegenDarY
15-06-06, 18:10
lol.. you should be thankful you're able to use such a great programn for free.. i've had all of those glitches.. but not all time.. it happens occassionally

in these arms
15-06-06, 18:12
MSN is WAYYYYYY better than Aol. How is it glitchy? i use that all the time...

Same. MSN, is not just an instand nessanginf thing, you can search the web. Email people it has its own home page, favourites. Its wayyyyy better then any other messanging.

Ampersand
They certainly do! Instead of a decent ':p' smilie you get this weird retarded thing, lol. :cln:

And that weird retarded thing is the best one of the lot! :p I can't even import smilies I like because it ruins the size. Some import OK but most don't, so I'm stuck with the hideous defaults. :o

I even have to resort to anime-type smilies sometimes! *grits teeth* -_-;

Elysia
MSN is a bit of an arse, to be honest. It kicks me out frequently. That and I can't manage my contacts effectively... I hate blocking people, but I cannot hold 20 gazillion conversations at once. Hell, I can't hold 3 conversations at once!

I also hate MSN because it is so unpoliced. You wouldn't belive how many parents I have coming in to complain to me that their kids are being bullied over MSN. After the urge to punch said parents in the gob (since when do I live in your house? Is it my job to police your child's computer useage at home, too?!), I just despair. MSN officially makes teacher's lives hell...

Ampersand
15-06-06, 18:14
I hate blocking people, but I cannot hold 20 gazillion conversations at once. Hell, I can't hold 3 conversations at once!

I know exactly what you mean. :o I come online just for a second and it's like strolling into a warzone. :cln:

AnthonyShock1515
15-06-06, 18:16
I like MSN

But there is one serious issue that needs fixing

You can blockpeople talking to you, say someone is threatening you.

But you cannot stop them mailing you

ON MSN HOTMAIL you cant even stop the threatener mailing you. It is very serious and needs fixing. I was being given greif off someone on this forum via MSN, I blocked him, but it didnt stop the threats. I couldnt set his mails to go into a junk folder. Imagine if it was an even worse situation!

Lavinder
15-06-06, 18:17
MSN is a bit of an arse, to be honest. It kicks me out frequently. That and I can't manage my contacts effectively... I hate blocking people, but I cannot hold 20 gazillion conversations at once. Hell, I can't hold 3 conversations at once!

I also hate MSN because it is so unpoliced. You wouldn't belive how many parents I have coming in to complain to me that their kids are being bullied over MSN. After the urge to punch said parents in the gob (since when do I live in your house? Is it my job to police your child's computer useage at home, too?!), I just despair. MSN officially makes teacher's lives hell...

Msn decides to log me out randomly too, always at the bad moments when i'm having a heated conversation too :hea:

Lenochka
15-06-06, 18:19
Why would you have a stalker in the first place XD
Majority of the time people dont have stalkers. So basically that little bit of people who can use yahoo if its getting that bad. I mean or just set up another account i have like 3 yahoo acounts 3 msn's and 2 AOL's

Shauni
15-06-06, 18:19
Just don't me rude or annoying to people and you'll never have to worry about that problem. :rolleyes: ;)

AnthonyShock1515
15-06-06, 18:22
Majority of the time people dont have stalkers. So basically that little bit of people who can use yahoo if its getting that bad. I mean or just set up another account i have like 3 yahoo acounts 3 msn's and 2 AOL's

They shouldn't have to, and its not rare for people to have stalkers, people are griefed, hassled and bullied over MSN all the time, and its a problem that should be dealt with, and can be sorted easily, they just need to try better when they release a new version.
Ande for that last post, I think that people have every right in the world to block them, its privacy, and everyone is entitled to it.

Lenochka
15-06-06, 18:22
Just don't me rude or annoying to people and you'll never have to worry about that problem. :rolleyes: ;)

Exactly!!! they block you for a reason. They dont want to talk to you for that moment or ever again. Having an unblocking feature would just make ALOT more people hate them more...

Elysia
15-06-06, 18:23
I had a stalker. He was a little Norweigan death metal fan that I met on Deviantart. He wanted to talk to me because he liked my art, so I thought 'okay!'. I spoke to him a couple of times, and everything was okay. Then all of a sudden he wanted me to talk to me about all kinds of nasty stuff (I don't think I need to draw you a picture...'). When I said 'uh, okay, it isn't that I'm not flattered, but you do realise that a) I am happily married and b) not really that interested, don't you?' he went from being nice but fruity to being a downright nutter... :eek:

Lenochka
15-06-06, 18:24
They shouldn't have to, and its not rare for people to have stalkers, people are griefed, hassled and bullied over MSN all the time, and its a problem that should be dealt with, and can be sorted easily, they just need to try better when they release a new version.
Ande for that last post, I think that people have every right in the world to block them, its privacy, and everyone is entitled to it.

Well i can tell you. For the 5 or 6 years i have been on MSN. I have NEVER been stalked or hassled and never knew anyone who has... If its a problem report it to higher msn people. they will do something... If its soo big of a problem get a new E-mail address. I mean come on its an easy solution. it would be annoying having to get in touch will all of your friends and telling them but if it came right down to it i would. Besides there is not a way to stop people like that from tracking you. it could happen anywhere...

I had a stalker. He was a little Norweigan death metal fan that I met on Deviantart. He wanted to talk to me because he liked my art, so I thought 'okay!'. I spoke to him a couple of times, and everything was okay. Then all of a sudden he wanted me to talk to me about all kinds of nasty stuff (I don't think I need to draw you a picture...'). When I said 'uh, okay, it isn't that I'm not flattered, but you do realise that a) I am happily married and b) not really that interested, don't you?' he went from being nice but fruity to being a downright nutter...

Well did he persue you? like never leave you alone?