PDA

View Full Version : Sickening...

BlackGrey
15-06-06, 20:59
Maybe I'm over board and I already knew this was the case but for a company to actually state this just makes me feel repulsive.

Eidos will never pander to fans of it's products in any way or form, the only reason for their existance is to make money for their shareholders.

That's why Lara's birthday will not have a game to celebrate, well folks our gal's under the control of pigs.

Alive_and_Funky
15-06-06, 21:00
Where did you find that?

BlackGrey
15-06-06, 21:00
In the protest thread about the Tomb Raider Anniversary thread.

I've been sending messages on the Eidos forum requesting a statement, so when I was told that:

I went back here checking up on the latest reactions and discussion on the cancellation, so when I spotted this:

Eidos will never pander to fans of it's products in any way or form, the only reason for their existance is to make money for their shareholders.

I will continue to pester, in a calm way for some sort of statement and then we'll see where we go from there.

I know I'm not allowed to send the link of that thread to here so I'll just say now that you can find the thread in the Eidos forums under

Tomb Raider > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider general discussion.

Hopefully you'll be able to find it. ;)

Reggie
15-06-06, 21:37
It was rather depressing to get a response like that...but at the same time I know that's the truth...remember though that comes from an Eidos forum Member, not employee.

Legend of Lara
15-06-06, 21:41
You got the wrong message. Here is the right one:
Evildo$ is only a bunch of jerks who don't care one bit about the players/fans and only think about making money all day long.
;)

Melonie Tomb Raider
15-06-06, 21:45
This makes me not want to support them at all. Honestly, if all of the fans did something about this, it would be a huge deal for them. There are an awful lot of us, and the fact is, if it wasn't for the fans TR would have been dead and buried a long time ago.

stereopathic
15-06-06, 21:48
if they're not making games for the fans, who the crap are they making them for?

Pipolinne
15-06-06, 21:55
Only a quote is not enough to make me believe they have said that.

Nothing is so erroneous as taking a phrase from the context and present it completely isolated,manipulating its meaning!

Rivendell
15-06-06, 22:04
That was just another member's p.o.v - of course Eidos wouldn't ever say something as blatantly rudely selfishly blunt.

Kamrusepas
15-06-06, 22:05
Nothing is so erroneous as taking a phrase from the context and present it completely isolated,manipulating its meaning!

Assuming that's a real quote, there's no context that would justify it.

Reggie
15-06-06, 22:05
I was just about to re-iterate the same thing, but I assure you that the comment is a real comment made an Eidos forum member in a direct response to an inquiry into when a stement would be made about the cancellation.

Pipolinne
15-06-06, 22:16
I'm sorry Kamrusepas,but I need more than a simple phrase,told by an Eidos forum member in a specific context,in order to start making judgements.

Paperdoll
15-06-06, 22:18
if they're not making games for the fans, who the crap are they making them for?

"Money, money, money, money... *makes squeaky voice* MONEY!!!"

I know I know... I'll shut up now. Although it would be rather stupid to say something like that since without the fans... there's no *squeaky voice* MONEY!!!

stereopathic
15-06-06, 22:28
"Money, money, money, money... *makes squeaky voice* MONEY!!!"
i just fell out of my chair laughing at that.

ace_85
15-06-06, 23:19

Come on guys, what are the chances of that being a genuine Eidos press release? They may be money-crazy, but they've still got a public image to think about ;)

Reggie
15-06-06, 23:23
Come on guys, what are the chances of that being a genuine Eidos press release? They may be money-crazy, but they've still got a public image to think about ;)

For goodness sake, I wish I never even said anything about the whole fiasco. This quote is NOT from an Eidos employee it's from a member of the Eidos forums. Unless you go and see for yourself there's no other way I can prove this to you without breaking the rules. Speculate all you wish but this thread has no purpose but to reflect upon a comment made by someone who has simply made a statement about their thoughts on what Eidos will do.

TrojanMan
15-06-06, 23:47
Despite whether or not that quote was actually said, it's probably true anyway, and I don't blame them. People don't make games to make others happy; they do it for money, period. It's business.

Yunas Wish
15-06-06, 23:47
:) Im happy because of Legend. If Eidos wants my money...fine! I dont really care as long as they give me such a wonderful game (to me) once again.

Melonie Tomb Raider
16-06-06, 00:15
Despite whether or not that quote was actually said, it's probably true anyway, and I don't blame them. People don't make games to make others happy; they do it for money, period. It's business.

Well some companies really enjoy making their games ,and they put in their 100% to make the game good. Nintendo, for example. If they would have released the new Zelda game back a few months ago, when it was intended, they could have majorly milked the cash cow. Instead, they wanted to add more levels. Why? Because they knew they could make the game better.

I'm not sure if that statement made was really by Eidos, but if it was, then I have completely lost respect for them as a company. Sure, you have to have money to continue making games and get a profit; however, there should be so much mroe to it than that.

For example, some NFL players play for one thing and one thing alone. Money. On the other hand, many play for the love of the game! T. Bruisky (sp?) lowered his own salary cap so his team could have more money! :eek: Now that is a true football player!

I think the same should apply with the gaming industries. The companies who care about nothing but money will only produce good games that sell really well. They really don't have to spend the extra time to make it great if they don't have to, just as long as they are getting their money they don't care. I completely disagree with this philosophy, and not only that, but I believe that it is something Eidos stands by. TRL was a very fun game, and I think that it was most definitely a step in the right direcion for the TR series; although, notice the game was just good, but not great. Eidos does not care about the fans, they only care about their money. That's extremely selfish.

Most gaming companies genuinely care about their fans, and they do all they can to please them. Eidos, on the other hand, could care less. I absolutely cannot respect a company that does not care about their fans. If it wasn't for us, they'd be kissing their industry goodbye. Yet do they care?

It's downright pathetic.

kewlkyle64
16-06-06, 04:36
If Eidos isn't gonna make something, who says it's not gonna happen? I'm sure a dedicated fan could make it by using Level Editor or something. I would love to do that, but I play on the Xbox 360.

Reggie
16-06-06, 17:09
I'm not sure if that statement made was really by Eidos, but if it was, then I have completely lost respect for them as a company. Sure, you have to have money to continue making games and get a profit; however, there should be so much mroe to it than that.

How many more times must I reassure? that was not a response given to ME by Eidos, it was a comment by a random person on the Eidos forums. I'm not all that happy at Eidos for cancelling the TR1 remake but at the same time I don't like seeing information I've given out being twisted into something differant by another member.

btw, I'm not going to post in this thread anymore lest people get the wrong idea about this again :(

Pipolinne
16-06-06, 17:39
You're correct,Reggie! You already lost too much time with a confusion it wasn't even caused by you!

Lenochka
16-06-06, 17:42
You're correct,Reggie! You already lost too much time with a confusion it wasn't even caused by you!

Indeed
i agree...