PDA

View Full Version : Shadow of the Colossus

ILG49ers
16-06-06, 01:58
Iíve been trying to rent Shadow of the Colossus for a while now, but none of my local rental stores have it. :rolleyes: So, I think I will just go ahead and buy the game. Has anyone here played it? If so, is it worth buying?

Mad Tony
16-06-06, 06:26
I've played it and its a really good game. Its well worth the buy.:tmb:

There are amazing graphics aswell

TrojanMan
16-06-06, 07:23
It's quite good, a little frustrating at times because the camera is pretty bad, and navigating Agro through forests/tight spaces or generally areas with any solid objects can be a pain since when he encounters any object of any kind, the horse just completely stop and does a 180 degree turn and can be very frustrating to deal with.

Still pretty good, but there are others I'd reccomend over it.

Budr
16-06-06, 08:07
Even taking the ocassioanlly dodgy controls and very questionable camera into account, I would rank this as one of the greatest PS2 games ever. The atmosphere throughout the game - due in large part to the phenomenal, award-winning score - is indescribably beautiful and the gameplay itself is so refreshingly novel that, at times, it makes you question the industry as a whole for a lack of originality.

Definitely a 10/10 for me.

Rivendell
16-06-06, 08:28
Loved it - absolutely brilliant game :tmb: Beautiful places, amazing colossi, you really feel the adrenaline :D Ending was a bit confusing though..

kangaxx
16-06-06, 11:16
I have a hate/love relation with that game... the colossus puzzles are perfect and extraordinary. but a so big world, so beautifull, where almoust nothing to do apart of finding the colossus just anoyed me. in a so great world you just have a secret to find(the colossus on the top of the starting temple), and fruits and lizards to eat. it's a waiste!:hea:

but the colossus fights,,,,are just unforgetble, true objects of art.:hug:

Rivendell
16-06-06, 11:25
There's a Colossus on top of the starting temple???

kangaxx
16-06-06, 11:42
There's a Colossus on top of the starting temple???

yup, it's the secret colossus, you need to end the game several times until you have the sufficient strengh and stamina to go up all the way long.
or eat tons of wihte lizards...lol, they give also a permanent small boost for your stamina., fruits gives a small boost to life(HP).

just exit the temple, and go around until you see a huge clibing plant in the wall, thats the start point to climb.;)

if you stay in front on the saving stone at the entrance, the plant will be in the oposite side of the temple.:) (in the exterior)

Jamie18
16-06-06, 11:43
I really want to buy this.

I'll have to wait for the price to go down a bit, given that my funds are low :p

Rivendell
16-06-06, 11:48
http://search.ebay.co.uk/shadow-colossus

Cheap cheap cheap!! :D

ILG49ers
16-06-06, 20:58
I finally found a place that had the game for rent! :D I just defeated the 2nd Colossi, and right now Iím really enjoying the game. :) The camera can become a little annoying so far, but Iím already getting used to it. Oh, and hopefully the story gets better as you go along, because right now itís nothing special.

Thanks guys for the replies! :tmb:

stereopathic
16-06-06, 21:04
yup, it's the secret colossus, you need to end the game several times until you have the sufficient strengh and stamina to go up all the way long.
or eat tons of wihte lizards...lol, they give also a permanent small boost for your stamina., fruits gives a small boost to life(HP).

just exit the temple, and go around until you see a huge clibing plant in the wall, thats the start point to climb.;)

if you stay in front on the saving stone at the entrance, the plant will be in the oposite side of the temple.:) (in the exterior)
this is totally not true. there's no colossus up there at all. if you climb up the temple, there is a garden with fruit that, when eaten, lowers your life and stamina back to where they were at the beginning of the game. it's totally beautiful and worth doing once, but there isn't even room for a colossus to stand up there.

kangaxx
16-06-06, 23:11
this is totally not true. there's no colossus up there at all. if you climb up the temple, there is a garden with fruit that, when eaten, lowers your life and stamina back to where they were at the beginning of the game. it's totally beautiful and worth doing once, but there isn't even room for a colossus to stand up there.

for PSX2, and to proff that it is not just my imagination,(roll down until the secret garden and the 17th Colossi):

http://vgstrategies.about.com/od/ps2cheatscodess/a/ShadowColossus.htm

stereopathic
16-06-06, 23:18
there was a lot of discussion about that on the gamefaqs, ign and SotC boards. it's only a rumor that started as a prank on the gamefaqs boards.

kangaxx
17-06-06, 00:48
there was a lot of discussion about that on the gamefaqs, ign and SotC boards. it's only a rumor that started as a prank on the gamefaqs boards.
you are right about all the discussion about it. i had done a huge research in duzens on fan foruns, and they all are discussing that, and how that kind of tips about the 17th Colossi posted in many sites donīt work.

thank you very much for the update on this matter;)
That puts also a end on my endless hours playing the game, trying to reach the top of the temple:) im freeee,,,finaly!:jmp:

P.S. Jesus, the last topic i had red about this matter in a fan forum had 78 pages!!!, i'm dizzy,lol:tea:

stereopathic
17-06-06, 01:01
man, i have spent so many hours reading about this game. i killed a whole evening once going through the google videos of the game. some of the time attacks are truly amazing!! http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=%22shadow+of+the+colossus%22

Tombreaper
17-06-06, 03:14
Shadow of the Collossus, it deserves the Halls of absolute Fame.
The game's atmopshere is out of this world, one of the best games on this strange planet :)