PDA

View Full Version : Recommend me a game!

Geck-o-Lizard
16-06-06, 13:12
I feel like buying a new game today. But I haven't got a clue what to get. :cln:

So give me some suggestions. Here's the criteria it should fit:

-Should be more than 15 hours' gameplay. Doesn't need to do multiplayer or online, I'll be playing it alone. I just want it to last for a while.

- Needs to be for PC. And it should run on a moderate-spec computer, so no newly-released games.

- Should have a very involving storyline. I want to get so immersed in it I forget I'm playing a game. :D

- Games I've really enjoyed before are Thief 3: Deadly Shadows, all the Tomb Raiders, Deus Ex, Wipeout, Timesplitters, Unreal Tournament 2004 and Unreal 2.

- Games I don't like are platformers, sports games, fluffy Japanese RP's like Final Fantasy, and games I'd need to pay for every month to play. >_>

rika2
16-06-06, 13:14
Quake 1, 2, 3, all Doom series except Doom 3, Broken Sword all series, Hitman all series.

Lara Lover
16-06-06, 13:15
Hitman : Blood Money :tmb:

Geck-o-Lizard
16-06-06, 13:18
I've tried Quake, Doom and Hitman but never really got into them. Broken Sword sounds interesting though, what's that about?

tomblover
16-06-06, 13:21
Maybe Neverwinter Nights! It's a roleplaying game! If you do all the side-quests the game will last for like 120+ hours!!! If you buy all the expansions (There are 2) the game will last like 160+ hours!!! But the main quests (In both the real game and the expansions) altogether will last for like 90 hours http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/sprachlos/speechless-smiley-020.gif
And it isn't Japanese! So if you want a big big great adenture, buy it! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/cool/cool-smiley-002.gif

tomblover
16-06-06, 13:22
Broken Sword Info: http://www.brokenswordgame.com/ Although the link leads to the website of the latest game.

EK-MDi
16-06-06, 13:23
Far Cry. One thing though: If you like what you see from this series, then you'll have to grab yourself an Xbox 360 if you want to play the following editions of the game.

Paperdoll
16-06-06, 13:24
Maybe Neverwinter Nights! It's a roleplaying game! If you do all the side-quests the game will last for like 120+ hours!!! If you buy all the expansions (There are 2) the game will last like 160+ hours!!! But the main quests (In both the real game and the expansions) altogether will last for like 90 hours http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/sprachlos/speechless-smiley-020.gif
And it isn't Japanese! So if you want a big big great adenture, buy it! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/cool/cool-smiley-002.gif

I love that game :tmb:

I'd recommend No One Lives Forever, an FPS with a few stealth elements and great humour.

tomblover
16-06-06, 13:25
And No One Lives Forever is great too! :D

Geck-o-Lizard
16-06-06, 13:32
Alright thanks for the suggestions, I'm off to the shop now before it closes/gets overrun with schoolkids. :D

Geck-o-Lizard
16-06-06, 15:36
Selection wasn't brilliant in the two gameshops in town, the cheap games were mostly crap and the good games out my price range. Got Max Payne (the first one I think, if there's more than one) for a fiver, and some old game I'd never heard of - Heavy Metal - for two quid. Left me cash enough for a bottle of Pepsi. :p

Didn't see No One Lives Forever or Broken Sword in either of them, I really wanted to try those ones tho. :(

Ampersand
16-06-06, 15:44
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind ticks all the boxes! :cln: (If you haven't played it already, of course.)

-Should be more than 15 hours' gameplay. Doesn't need to do multiplayer or online, I'll be playing it alone. I just want it to last for a while.

Morrowind is single player, and I've been at it since April without managing to scratch the surface.

- Needs to be for PC. And it should run on a moderate-spec computer, so no newly-released games.

It's for PC, and runs well even on my lousy cheap comp.

- Should have a very involving storyline. I want to get so immersed in it I forget I'm playing a game. :D

Not sure about this though - I'm sure there's a main storyline in there somewhere, but I just never follow it (or never reached it). It's so much more fun travelling from city to city making money and killing citizens. :cln: Oh, and doing the occasional quest. :p

- Games I've really enjoyed before are Thief 3: Deadly Shadows, all the Tomb Raiders, Deus Ex, Wipeout, Timesplitters, Unreal Tournament 2004 and Unreal 2.

Morrowind's a sword-and-sorcery style RPG. It has both first and third person views, though I'd recommend using the Better Heads plugin to make the characters prettier. :D

- Games I don't like are platformers, sports games, fluffy Japanese RP's like Final Fantasy, and games I'd need to pay for every month to play. >_>

No monthly fee since it's offline, and no cutesy big eyes and spiky hair. :D

tomblover
16-06-06, 16:09
Selection wasn't brilliant in the two gameshops in town, the cheap games were mostly crap and the good games out my price range. Got Max Payne (the first one I think, if there's more than one) for a fiver, and some old game I'd never heard of - Heavy Metal - for two quid. Left me cash enough for a bottle of Pepsi. :p

Didn't see No One Lives Forever or Broken Sword in either of them, I really wanted to try those ones tho. :(

OMG I own Heavy Metal! Was the full title: Heavy Metal FAKK 2???

Trigger_happy
16-06-06, 19:49
there are three broken swords- 1 and 2 are on the pc and are point and clicks. three is 3D, on all consoles and is a bit of action with point and click. I ahve the 3rd on ps2 and its amazing!!!

rika2
16-06-06, 19:53
OMG I own Heavy Metal! Was the full title: Heavy Metal FAKK 2???

I saw the movie... I liked it :p

TombRaiderLover
16-06-06, 20:02
Grand Theft Auto Vice City

tomblover
16-06-06, 20:08
I saw the movie... I liked it :p LOL Rika! :vlol:

Paul H
16-06-06, 20:28

The first two Broken Swords (Shadow of the Templars and The Smoking Mirror) are on budget labels now so you should get them very cheap (check the "3 for 10 section" in Game shops). The latest one (The Sleeping Dragon) should still be out there in its original form but you might not find it everywhere.

In my opinion, the 1st one is the best for storyline followed by the 2nd, but the third one has the best graphics.

Don't expect lots of action but for storylines and puzzle solving, Broken Sword games are among the best.