PDA

View Full Version : Using music from TR games.

tha_mattster
17-06-06, 11:37
Am I allowed to use music from the tomb raider games in a fan movie, which will not be making any money of course, just to entertain the fans!

:confused:

MiCkiZ88
17-06-06, 11:38
Am I allowed to use music from the tomb raider games in a fan movie, which will not be making any money of course, just to entertain the fans!

:confused:
well.. atleast I've done it! and hellofalotta other people have done it :D

tha_mattster
17-06-06, 11:39
Cool, do you know where I can find the music? I would like the tracks from AoD if possible. :D

jackali
17-06-06, 11:47
http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/music/aod_soundtracks.html AoD
here you go

they have the game music from all the games
http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/music/index.html

Rivendell
17-06-06, 11:56
Yeah should be fine, loads of people do it - I think there's especially a loophole if you don't use the Entire track. I've done it a few times :D

tha_mattster
17-06-06, 12:05
Cool thanks!

MiCkiZ88
17-06-06, 12:07
Cool, do you know where I can find the music? I would like the tracks from AoD if possible. :D
well.. in some tr games you can copy the music from cd.. I did it from tr4.. since trc.com doesnt have those what I want..

Lara Croft!
17-06-06, 12:12

I placed TRII cd in the PC,opened itunes and tadaaaa!!!!!It had all tracks and sounds of the game!Including cutscenes scenario!

Maybe the same works for aod...

MiCkiZ88
17-06-06, 12:15
I placed TRII cd in the PC,opened itunes and tadaaaa!!!!!It had all tracks and sounds of the game!Including cutscenes scenario!
yep.. same happens with tr4... crystal d should take advantage of those lines what lara say.. those are some really good lines in tr4!

jackali
17-06-06, 12:17
yep.. same happens with tr4... crystal d should take advantage of those lines what lara say.. those are some really good lines in tr4!

agreed, in TR4, she has some of the best lines

tha_mattster
17-06-06, 12:19
I have got the entire AoD soundtrack now, its brilliant!! I also got the music from TR2, its all amazingly well done! :jmp:

jackali
17-06-06, 12:22
I have got the entire AoD soundtrack now, its brilliant!! I also got the music from TR2, its all amazingly well done! :jmp:

yes, the TR music from 1-6 was amazing

MiCkiZ88
17-06-06, 12:24
I love those mysterious, freaky sounds, like in tr4.. so creepy

tha_mattster
17-06-06, 12:28
I just got the legend music, its really quiet! I dont even remember some of that from the game, only the menu theme tune :hea:

They should make it more punchy and less ambient.