PDA

View Full Version : Let's All Take A Deep Breath...

spikesavenger
17-06-06, 16:16
Ok, a lot of people are getting very worked up over TR:AE, but quit simply: it's just a re-make. CD is doing to TR like Capom did to Resident Evil. NOT TO MENTION, Toby Gaurd, Lara's designer will be heading the project, so I doubt he's going to let CD **** with the game too much. So, let's all take a collective breath and think: Lara's still gonna kick ass.

Rivendell
17-06-06, 16:17
I hope you're right. :tmb: There's my optimism :tmb:

thepetemaster
17-06-06, 16:53
Did you play galleon by chance? Toby Gard had very little to do with Tomb Raider - he designed Lara - He didnt have any say in the actual design of the levels - or at least thats my understanding. Him being on board - does not equal a success.

thevman
17-06-06, 17:42
Yeah, but let's wait to see what we get from CD. Not time to freak out yet. :p

Natla'd
17-06-06, 19:49
Toby Gaurd, Lara's designer will be heading the project, so I doubt he's going to let CD **** with the game too much.

Like he didn't let them bugger around with Lara Croft in Legend? ;)

I swear to God, if they sprinkle ANY of that silly little "Mummy's dead" back-story into TR1, I'll...urm...be very annoyed. :D

VonCroy360
17-06-06, 19:51
Lara would kick ass even if we put her in a game that has tr1 graphics, aod controls, trl bike sequences and pac-man storyline, so no need to worry about that...
:)

Natla'd
17-06-06, 19:54
Lara would kick ass even if we put her in a game that has tr1 graphics, aod controls, trl bike sequences and pac-man storyline, so no need to worry about that...

LOL! I can see it now! "PACMAN: Featuring Lara Croft."

Blackmoor
17-06-06, 22:02
NOT TO MENTION, Toby Gaurd, Lara's designer will be heading the project, so I doubt he's going to let CD **** with the game too much.Is he really?

Anyone else wonder why that is. I mean, if he's the TR guru shouldn't he be working on TR8 rather than converting an already designed game into an updated version...

Or maybe his input isn't required as absolutely to the future of TR as they try to spread the rumour, PR-wise.

Just wondering. ;)

VonCroy360
18-06-06, 13:01
Is he really?
Anyone else wonder why that is. I mean, if he's the TR guru shouldn't he be working on TR8 rather than converting an already designed game into an updated version...
Or maybe his input isn't required as absolutely to the future of TR as they try to spread the rumour, PR-wise.
Just wondering. ;)

I think they need him more on TRAE, if they mess up TR8, everyone will be like: "oh, just another half-finished tomb raider from CD; lame", but if they mess up TRAE, all the fans will probably be like: ":cen:, :cen: CD has ruined our game, and we got this :cen: :cen: ; oh :cen: "