PDA

View Full Version : Lil' help here - homework

Dingaling
18-06-06, 13:24
Altho', not hard by any means. Just want a couple of answers since my worksheet actually says to use the internet to find out the answers.

So, can anybody answer these (yes, I do know some of them but some variety is nice :D):

What are the advantages of the reduced need to travel (to work)?

What are the advantages of an increase in the number of people working from home?

Identify an example of where people have lost jobs due to the introduction of computers.

Identify a situation where jobs have been created as a result of computer implementation.

Thanks for any help and sorry if any of those don't make sense, hopefully they do without any explanation :)

tr_mitch
18-06-06, 13:25
What are the advantages of the reduced need to travel (to work)?

Prevents the burning of oil, which is adding to global warming.

tr_mitch
18-06-06, 13:27
Identify an example of where people have lost jobs due to the introduction of computers.

The manufacturing of cars, now can be creating by machines run by computers, this meaning not as many jobs to be done manually by people...

Hope i helped a bit!

VonCroy360
18-06-06, 13:27
1. Less pollution, I guess :o
2. Same us number 1, and less traffic,... :o
3. Secretaries... Only the biggest bussiness companies now have them... :o
4. Programers, perhaps :o

That's what I could think of... :)

sweetPoison
18-06-06, 13:31
About the computers replacing people, you could refer to an earlier example such as the Industrial Revolution. This was a long time ago, but very relevant today.

Dingaling
18-06-06, 13:36
Thanks all, homework is of the completion! :D

Lara Croft!
18-06-06, 13:40
my worksheet actually says to use the internet to find out the answers.

LOL....
I don't think that's the right way!You're supposed to search by yourself!

Dingaling
18-06-06, 13:42
LoL, I errr... I outsmarted the worksheet! I searched for a forum and asked there. See, I searched! :D

Greenkey2
18-06-06, 18:21
LoL, I errr... I outsmarted the worksheet! I searched for a forum and asked there. See, I searched! :D

That could be the answer for anyone needing to do their psychology homework :pi: