PDA

View Full Version : Battle Royale

Scottlee
18-06-06, 15:43
http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/3285/battleroyale1jm.jpg

Saw this film last night. What a cracker!

42 Japanese school pupils are sent to an island and told to kill each other until one remains, a ruse to dissuade other classes from up and down the country from playing truent and running amok. Each pupil set down on the island is given provisions and a random weapon, and told that if no winner has been decided after 3 days, everybody will die. Oh, and extra incentive to play the game hard is provided in the form of a small explosive charge tied to each of the participent's necks. This can be detonated at any time by the rather sadistic PE teacher running the game (or is he military personal in disguise?).

At first the bewildered and understandably distraught pupils bond together in their usual cliques and don't really appear to know what to do. But after a very short while, panic and paranoia sets in all over the island and they began hacking each up, shooting each other, and just generally making a very bloody mess of each other's school uniforms. It's gory stuff, but a lot of black humour creeps in too.

Main characters are a young teenage couple intent on being all noble and not killing anyone. But their intention to escape of course proves fruitless, and kill they eventually have to do. Helping them is an older pupil who apparantly played the game years ago and won, and there are various other young upstarts the camera focuses on who make it to the latter stages.

The most interesting thing about the film is how each pupil reacts to the situation. Some think "Ah, I'm not playing this game!" and commit suicide. Others just sit around moping as if waiting for the three days to be up so their heads can be blown off. Another guy comically disbelieves it's actually real until he has an arrow sticking out of his belly. While others run around actually attempting to make some kills. The most notable of the latter group is a non-uniform wearing transfer student, who runs around the island seemingly non-stop gunning down everyone in his path. The man is almost reminiscent of FF7's Sephiroth, and provides the main menace among those hoping to make it to the end.

Can't praise this film enough. Best thing I've seen so far this year.

viper456
18-06-06, 15:44
I LOVE THIS FILM! I REALLY DO!!!

its mindless violence with a really g ood story! WHAT MORE COULD YOU ASK FOR REALLY??!?

violence
comedy (or maybe im twisted lmao)
comedy its all there! :D

Ampersand
18-06-06, 15:45
It sounds very good! :tmb: Maybe a bit bloody for me though. :p

Lenochka
18-06-06, 16:06
omg there remaking this. It will be an english version. I looooove Chiaki Kuriyama as " Takako Chigusa ". I have to say this is one of the best movies i have ever seen ^^

rika2
18-06-06, 16:07
cool, it seems like my kind of movie...

viper456
18-06-06, 16:12
omg there remaking this. It will be an english version. I looooove Chiaki Kuriyama as " Takako Chigusa ". I have to say this is one of the best movies i have ever seen ^^

i hope they dont spoil it! :( i would be happy even i it was just badly dubbed HAHA :D

Lara Croft!
18-06-06, 16:18
I remember when i first saw the movie...I had no idea what it was about and when the "teacher" shouted SILENCE and through a knife into a kid's forehead I was so shocked.Then I got used to it and enjoyed it.

viper456
18-06-06, 16:58
I remember when i first saw the movie...I had no idea what it was about and when the "teacher" shouted SILENCE and through a knife into a kid's forehead I was so shocked.Then I got used to it and enjoyed it.

LMAO

"this film is crappy, whats going on its soooooo boring!"

*knife to head*

".....OK THIS FILM IS AMAZING!!!!"

lol!

god i love this film! lol

Apparently the second one isnt as good :(

Lara Croft!
18-06-06, 17:07
LMAO

"this film is crappy, whats going on its soooooo boring!"

*knife to head*

".....OK THIS FILM IS AMAZING!!!!"

lol!

god i love this film! lol

Apparently the second one isnt as good :(

LOL

And,yes, the second wasn't that good.

Those poor kids that happened to get as weapons frying pans and stuff like that!!!:D :D :D

Lenochka
18-06-06, 17:22
you can watch most of the movie Except the very last part on youtube. Hehe im watching it over again ^^

Natla'd
18-06-06, 17:25
If you like the movie, I seriously suggest reading the manga books. They are a little expensive, but the character development is brilliant. I especially love Shinji and Shogo.

Lenochka
18-06-06, 17:43
i really want to read the novel. the actual books. Manga sure great story buuuut as you said expensive. the novel is one book whole story so im shooting for that hehe...

thompa89
18-06-06, 19:03
i love the part when she tells about the island

Rivendell
18-06-06, 19:05
Lol, my mate can't get over how great this film is. I told him I didn't like it and it's not all that great and he couldn't open his mind far enough to see anyone elses view on the matter :tea:

tombraider123
18-06-06, 19:18
Im not usually a fan of lots of death and stuff but this sounds so good!

EDIT: What sort of weapons do they get, does anyone win?

Thorir
18-06-06, 19:25
It's a great film. It's been in my dvd collection for a few years now. ;)

Lenochka
18-06-06, 19:36
Im not really a fan of blood and gore either. I think its the story that gets me. These people are around my age. I cant imagine going to an island with one of my classes and being forced to fight until the death like that. The story is simply brilliant. I think everyone should see this movie before they die. Its a must see if you have never seen if before. gogogogogogoggogogo watch it on youtube or rend it or even buy it ^^

viper456
18-06-06, 20:09
Im not usually a fan of lots of death and stuff but this sounds so good!

EDIT: What sort of weapons do they get, does anyone win?

it varies ! some get good weapons like a gun of a knife and others get daft things like pans and stuff! i think someone for grenades too :| lol

Lenochka
18-06-06, 20:20
one gets a megaphone hehe
here is a link to a site that has each student with what weapon they have, who they kill and who kills them...

http://www.battleroyalefilm.net/movie/students/index.html

jarhead
18-06-06, 20:20
can someone please PM me the ending as i would like to know. im watching it on youtube but would like to know what ahppens in the end but you cant. please- i would be greatful;

Lenochka
18-06-06, 20:25
Do you want to know because you couldnt find it?

battle royale part 11 ( final part ) :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKMRMsX43GE&search=battle%20royale%20part%2011

who loves ya ;P

jarhead
18-06-06, 20:26
awww thanks lenochka- i love you now. thanks

Paperdoll
19-06-06, 17:24
I love this movie O_O I even started drawing the characters but only got around to doing Mitsuko and Noriko. I've been getting the manga and been dying to get the novel. Definitly one of my favourite movies :tmb:

Lenochka
19-06-06, 17:32
I love this movie O_O I even started drawing the characters but only got around to doing Mitsuko and Noriko. I've been getting the manga and been dying to get the novel. Definitly one of my favourite movies :tmb:

awww i hate mitsuko XD she killed Chigusa.

Paperdoll
19-06-06, 17:35
She's great in the manga, in a twisted way :p, a true Black Widow.

Lenochka
19-06-06, 17:39
She's great in the manga, in a twisted way :p, a true Black Widow.

really? havent read the manga yet. alittle to expensive to have one story in like 15 books... i prefer novels... its odd this movie is based on a novel yet i cant seem to find a novel of it that isnt a graphic novel ( manga )

Im mad! i just watched a preview for BR II and it looks like a fricken war movie? what happend to the whole running around with a weapon thing? it was much better. How could tehy change it so much?

Paperdoll
19-06-06, 17:46
It's been translated to english but I think it's still a bit hard to find. there was a website that had a few chapters translated but I can't quite remember the url.

tombraider123
19-06-06, 17:57
Omg, has this thing really happened in japan?

Paperdoll
19-06-06, 18:02
O_O do you really think so? This is fiction... Japan's weird, but not that weird.

tombraider123
19-06-06, 18:08
O_O do you really think so? This is fiction... Japan's weird, but not that weird.

But it goes on about some law! I thought it may have actually happened! Lol

young Lara Croft
19-06-06, 18:14
Man i saw that movie about 1 or 2 years it was nice but too bloody and too japaneese style like ;) to much murder!!! :ton:

Lenochka
19-06-06, 18:16
But it goes on about some law! I thought it may have actually happened! Lol

Nooo hehe the story takes place in the future... i dont think japan is at that point of trouble. I dont think a law like that would ever be real. Forcing 15 year olds to kill eachother. thats why the movie isnt in america. The idea of 15 year olds killing eachother was way to crazy to be released which sucks. The only reason i had seen it before was because my friends mom ordered it off ebay...

tombraider123
19-06-06, 18:18
Nooo hehe the story takes place in the future... i dont think japan is at that point of trouble. I dont think a law like that would ever be real. Forcing 15 year olds to kill eachother. thats why the movie isnt in america. The idea of 15 year olds killing eachother was way to crazy to be released which sucks. The only reason i had seen it before was because my friends mom ordered it off ebay...

Ok, thanks for clearing that up!

jarhead
19-06-06, 18:19
a bit of a good ending- a nice happy ending. glad the evil B**** got shot and again and again- shes one eveil girl. and the exchange kid, the good one- i wanna be his partnener if im forced into a battle royale :D

tombraider123
19-06-06, 18:20
At the beggining, he was like, your parents have been infromed.

Dont they try and stop it?

Lenochka
19-06-06, 18:21
a bit of a good ending- a nice happy ending. glad the evil B**** got shot and again and again- shes one eveil girl. and the exchange kid, the good one- i wanna be his partnener if im forced into a battle royale :D

I know i hated her!!!! Waht scared me the most is the creepy lil girl in the begining the one smiling. scared the :cen: out of me

At the beggining, he was like, your parents have been infromed.

Dont they try and stop it?
Not sure... since its a law they made it for a reason. the kids were rebeling, they needed to teach them a lession... just maybe not so severe...

jarhead
19-06-06, 18:23
oh- she had one of thsoe evil smiles, :yik: . i hated the bit where she ran off the top of the lighthouse and his look :(

tombraider123
19-06-06, 18:24
I'm not finding it that gory. Typical Japanese film.

EDIT: Ok it's gory now!

Lenochka
19-06-06, 18:37
I'm not finding it that gory. Typical Japanese film.

EDIT: Ok it's gory now!

hehe i take it you seen the part with mitsuko and the sickle?

tombraider123
19-06-06, 18:43
hehe i take it you seen the part with mitsuko and the sickle?

I don't think so, i saw a girl get her throat slit with an axe!

jarhead
19-06-06, 18:57
well thats the part. the other one had a stun gun didnt she??- the evil one should have died sooner :D

Lenochka
19-06-06, 19:15
well thats the part. the other one had a stun gun didnt she??- the evil one should have died sooner :D

yeah it was with the stun gun. That part was so sad.

jarhead
19-06-06, 19:30
and the girl who went nuts after the pisioning bit. when she said 'i forgot they were my friends' :( .

tombraider123
19-06-06, 19:39
Im on the lighthouse bit, is this bit bad?

jarhead
19-06-06, 19:48
not really sad, but well you'll have to watch it:p . not crying your eyes out sad but the line mentioned above just hits me

tombraider123
19-06-06, 19:50
Just watched it, they all end up in some massive fight!

jarhead
19-06-06, 19:55
yer- have you seen the bit where he coems fro up stairs though :D

viper456
19-06-06, 20:00
damn you all! i really want to watch this again noW! :'( lol!

Lenochka
19-06-06, 21:02
My friend let me borrow it so i copied it onto my comp. a whole 700 MBs worth and the quality is excellent. ^^ *goes to watch again*

jarhead
19-06-06, 21:18
i hate youtibe- they have all of batt;e royale 2- but without translations :(

Lenochka
19-06-06, 21:22
oh i heard it sucks. I watched the trailer and it looked like every other war movie. wanst likethe first one at all. in the first one there just kids with weapons but in #2 from what i had seen they were all in army stuff... booooring...

jarhead
19-06-06, 21:31
the first bit looked ok, but it looks to over board and to done up. originals are much betta

Eleana
19-06-06, 21:36
Battle Royale is my absolute favourite movie. :jmp: Mitsuko Souma arouses some very strange feelings within. :cln:

tombraider123
19-06-06, 21:42
It's really taki though if you know what I mean.

Some of the stuff in that fil would never happen.

Still an Ok film though!

Lenochka
19-06-06, 21:43
Battle Royale is my absolute favourite movie. :jmp: Mitsuko Souma arouses some very strange feelings within. :cln:

i could tell the whole time she was not a good person. Especially on the bus ride she is sleeping and the rest of them are all talking... she seemed like she didnt belong...

It's really taki though if you know what I mean.

Some of the stuff in that fil would never happen.

Still an Ok film though!

wernt you the one who asked if Battle royale was a real law, how could it be tacky when it made a viewer beleive it was real or make them ask if it was an actual act? :p

tombraider123
19-06-06, 21:46
i could tell the whole time she was not a good person. Especially on the bus ride she is sleeping and the rest of them are all talking... she seemed like she didnt belong...

wernt you the one who asked if Battle royale was a real law, how could it be tacky when it made a viewer beleive it was real or make them ask if it was an actual act? :p

That was only after the first 30 minutes, after seeing some of the stuff in this film, it is very false. Quite entertaining overall though

Lenochka
19-06-06, 21:48
ohhhh i see. I dont find it tacky at all. It is literally the best movie i have seen.

tombraider123
19-06-06, 21:50
ohhhh i see. I dont find it tacky at all. It is literally the best movie i have seen.

It's definatly a very good idea, I actually laughed at one point (feels bad) when she ate that food with the poison in, she just grabbed it from the girl and started eating it. And then they all went crazy!

Legend of Lara
19-06-06, 21:54
There's a second one?!? Does somebody have a poster or anythig?

PS: I'm not watching this film. Sounds too gory. :o

tombraider123
19-06-06, 21:55

I am really bad with films, but a lot of it is in the dark and you cant really see much, apart from the axe death and in the lighthouse. The blood looks very fake, far too watery.

Lenochka
19-06-06, 22:00

im not a fan of gore either but its just soooo good. the second ones poster...

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d127/otaku_tatu/BattleRoyale2Poster.jpg

Paperdoll
19-06-06, 22:02
As far as gore goes... I think I've seen worse :p

Legend of Lara
19-06-06, 22:03
o__O ...that looks camp.

Lenochka
19-06-06, 22:07
Review: I found this on a web site...

Several months ago a movie unlike any other hits theatres in Japan, everyone is talking about it, the public is shocked, the government wants to intervene and to ban it. It did not take long till word hit North America and curiosity was piqued. The supposed film was called Battle Royale and the movie had students fight to the death on a desert island, an orgy of violence depicted teenagers as the murderers. The reviews were all in agreements that this was easily the movie of the century. After several months of waiting a DVD version of decent quality was released, but is this movie level up to the hype we have previously heard? We have been used to the fact that hype was often only hype and nothing real to back it up, we tried to have no expectation when watching this movie. After watching BR we were very satisfied with the movie, a very entertaining movie with a high shock factor and a lot of deep meaning behind the violence.

The story starts off on an immoral edge, simple to follow and keeps surprises to a minimum and most importantly gives you time to better understand the characters. Overall this is a very entertaining experience and very interesting to follow, there is only a slight detail slight hole in the story near the end but we wont mention any spoilers. The movie is taken from a manga, it is most probably that the producer cut out certain things from the movie version but in general the story holds together very well and there aren't any real slow moments.

The fact that the cast that is about to kill each other are all teenagers is a shocking factor. The ways the kids kill each other can be pretty brutal from a knife to an uzi or a crossbow, all for the fight of survival. This is the real reason for the controversy around the movie is that fact that kids killing kids, in North America with all the school shootings this is an especially touchy subject. If this movie was the fight of survival between adults instead, we don't think it would have generated as movie hype. There are about 30 students thrown onto the island but the story focuses mostly 5 or 6 students and we follow their fight for survival from start to finish. The acting is great and their emotions are really visible, the context is easily understandable, what if you were stuck there and you have to kill classmates and friends alike for your own survival. As for Kitano he still remains the king, each of his appearances on screen are striking and memorable.

It is true that violence has an important place in BR but to say that the violence is shocking and hard to watch is totally false. There is nothing new or extreme when it comes to violence in BR, what is shocking about the violence is who is doing it and to who. Having innocent students forced into a situation where they must kill each other is the troubling part of the movie. Fans of violence should enjoy this movie if you don't expect splattering guts every 5 minutes else you might be really disappointed.

Violence might have a strong place in this movie but there is one thing to know it is far from being senseless violence as most people have said. Not everyone may perceive this movie in this fashion but we find there are several strong messages in the movie, certain reflections of society or human nature, this is a movie with a point to it. This movie makes brutal and dark references of the incomprehensible moments of everyday life such as fear, shyness, deception, love, jealousy, humiliation and helplessness. In this extreme situation the characters have a way out from these trivial matters and make the better of themselves and maybe become or say what they really always wanted to or to come face to face with an enemy they must fight or be killed.

In conclusion Battle Royale has far more to offer than a alot of blood and senseless violence as some would say. Some may not like this movie while others will completely adore it but one thing is certain this is a movie that will not be forgotten. If you like Japanese cinema which is not scared of showing true violence with the emotions that go along with it, then you will probably enjoy this one. If you are looking for a movie with shocking action you can give BR a chance, you might be pleasantly surprised and for sure entertained. Oh! and just for Kitano`s fans, this movie is worth it.

Overall
4.5 out of 5

Paperdoll
19-06-06, 22:11
For good asian horror reviews, look at Snowblood Apple. It has a few gory pics in the reviews so if you want the website, google for it :p

Lenochka
19-06-06, 22:27
here are a few pics

( my favorite character hehe ) Chigusa girl #13 - played by Chiaki Kuriyama
Pouting when told she cant go to the rest room...:
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d127/otaku_tatu/chigusapout.jpg
Getting ready to attack niida
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d127/otaku_tatu/chigusknife.jpg
Ahhhhh crazy chick!- Mitsuko Souma girl #11 played by Kou Shibasaki
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d127/otaku_tatu/mitsukocraaaazzzy.jpg

was is just me or was Chigusa's lil boyfriend Hiroki hott or what!?

Chocobo155
19-06-06, 22:39
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! A BR remake?!?!?! What a ******* joke! Why the hell can't Hollywood do something original for once instead of taking Japanese cult classics and turning them into huge cheesy flops?!

Lenochka
19-06-06, 23:26
because they need to redo it in english so people in the U.S. would care to see it ( i have no idea why we are called a nation of imigrants when we are strickly english ) and because the idea of 15 year olds killing eachother is a VERY VERY VERY touchy subject here since the Columbine High School massacre

Angel666
20-06-06, 00:31
I MUST SEE THIS MOVIE. Now I know what to ask for christmas. :D That's Gogo from Kill Bill isnt it? (first pic)

Lenochka
20-06-06, 00:37
I MUST SEE THIS MOVIE. Now I know what to ask for christmas. :D That's Gogo from Kill Bill isnt it? (first pic)

yes its chiaki Kuriyama. she looked so much like gogo i squeeled when i watched it
Usually i wouldnt be able to tell japanese actress' apart but she has such an original look to her i looooove it ^^

Angel666
20-06-06, 00:52
Mitsuko looks slightly deranged. I'm going to look for this movie in town Friday.

Paperdoll
20-06-06, 00:55
I love Mitsuko :D she's even worse in the manga (Fallen Angel extra chapter anyone? and no, I'm not telling what happens there -.-' too raunchy for the forum :p )

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Mitsuko.jpg

Lenochka
20-06-06, 01:01
Mitsuko looks slightly deranged. I'm going to look for this movie in town Friday.

hey you wont be able to find it in the U.S. unless it has been imported. it was never released in the U.S. the idea of 15 year olds killing eachother disturbed the film rating people. I have looked at best buy.com, Fye.com and all them and no sign of it there. kinda sucks. what i did was downloaded the DVD quality version off limewire...

Angel666
20-06-06, 01:17
Man that sucks. It seems alot better than some of the trash we make here. How much is it if you ordered it over the internet?

Lenochka
20-06-06, 01:20
Man that sucks. It seems alot better than some of the trash we make here. How much is it if you ordered it over the internet?

hmm yeah i agree why cant i we have this movie? instread were stuck with flops like Crossroads XD it really isnt fair

here is a list of used and new from amazon.com

a new copy is $9.99
a used copy is $7.99

i suggest you read the reviews of the people who ordered so you can tell who will actualyl send you it and who will send you a bootleg.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000BBYMA2/ref=dp_olp_2/104-1231416-7961510?%5Fencoding=UTF8

Angel666
20-06-06, 01:28
7.99 for a new one. That's really good. Too bad I'm not allowed to order over the internet. Maybe I can get my uncle to do it.... hmmm. I dont understand this. We have half naked women dancing on Mtv while a guy talks about shooting cops/raping women/etc. and that's exceptable but we cant get a movie with deep meaning just because a few old people find it to "controversial". On a scale of 1 to 10 how much gore is there?

Lenochka
20-06-06, 01:32
hmm lets see.... there is alot of blood. usually i get sick when i see a movie that is to gory. but on this one i actually didnt mind it i would have to say 6/10 1 being no gore and 10 being so gory its unbarable. but alot of the gore is really breif. like shown within a few seconds or it is really fake looking blood. still a great movie none the less.

Chocobo155
20-06-06, 09:03
I love Mitsuko :D she's even worse in the manga (Fallen Angel extra chapter anyone? and no, I'm not telling what happens there -.-' too raunchy for the forum :p )

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Mitsuko.jpg

Oh my god, i know! the mangas great but im still waiting for volume 15 to arrive here in england:(

Lenochka
20-06-06, 14:01
hey i just thought i would share this ^^
i was lookign around and found an awsome screensaver. its so cool ^^

here is a discription from the creater:
" What's this screensaver about?
Essentially, it puts you into the shoes of Kitano and you periodically receive 'updates' on activities within the island via an interface. Eventually, the system gets 'hacked' and all data is lost and the system 'reboots' (which loops the screensaver). It's a pretty linear experience (wished I had time to make an interactive one) but it's a fun way to relive moments from the movie. There's no audio within the screensaver as I want to keep the file size small. "

http://brstation.tjfweb.com/battle_royale_v2.exe

[source] http://brstation.tjfweb.com/index.htm [source]

Paperdoll
20-06-06, 14:08
Thanks for that Lenochka :tmb: I once found a fan website that had tons of great fan art including very cute chibi drawings of the characters, I'm going to try to find it.

tombraider123
20-06-06, 16:34
Just finished watching it,

My fav was the girl in the yellow tracksuit, it's a shame that she didn't survive.

jarhead
20-06-06, 16:40
which ones that- how did she die??

i didnt watch it all, only every other part on youtube- must watch the tohers soon :D

Lenochka
20-06-06, 16:42
Just finished watching it,

My fav was the girl in the yellow tracksuit, it's a shame that she didn't survive.

hehe thats my favorite also! Chigusa. I love her facial expression in the begining when she asks to go to the bathroom.

which ones that- how did she die??

SPOILERS AHEAD

She is the one who has the knife. when that dude is gonna rape her she stabs him in the crotch over and over again. she is then shot and dies in he arms of her love hiroki. its really very sad...

tombraider123
20-06-06, 16:48
hehe thats my favorite also! Chigusa. I love her facial expression in the begining when she asks to go to the bathroom.

SPOILERS AHEAD

She is the one who has the knife. when that dude is gonna rape her she stabs him in the crotch over and over again. she is then shot and dies in he arms of her love hiroki. its really very sad...

Thats the saddest part of the whole film.

jarhead
20-06-06, 16:50
is it when the exchange student kills her?????

Paperdoll
20-06-06, 16:51
Is it just me or her "loved one" was going for a threesome? :p wasn't he after the other girl as well?

Lenochka
20-06-06, 16:53
Is it just me or her "loved one" was going for a threesome? :p wasn't he after the other girl as well?

yeah he was also after that one chick... she had a pistol. and she shot him... then of course she was shot by the evil one XD

jarhead
20-06-06, 16:53
well having been told that the only way you would survive would be to kill your mates, a threesome was top of my mind. dollie- you had these people sussed form the beginning :D

Lenochka
20-06-06, 16:54
all i know is i wouldnt mind dying in hiroki's arms :cln:
he was a Hotty!!!

tombraider123
20-06-06, 16:55
Who was the evil girl who slit that girls throat. She was the one who killed yellow tracksuit girl, right?

Paperdoll
20-06-06, 16:56
It was my darling Mitsuko :D I love that girl

http://www.angelfire.com/film/battle_royale0/index02.html

I love this website, lots of great fanart

tombraider123
20-06-06, 16:57
She just went crazy and went on a killing spree!

Lenochka
20-06-06, 16:58
i know! she was a crazy kid!

Paperdoll
20-06-06, 16:59
No... she is crazy :D she's a homicidal psycho, sexual predator, etc etc etc

tombraider123
20-06-06, 16:59
i know! she was a crazy kid!

Was she friends with any of them, she seemed not to care who she killed. She lasted very long aswell

Lenochka
20-06-06, 17:01
nope. even on the bus ride she was sleeping. i think she was a loner...

Paperdoll
20-06-06, 17:01
I can't remember the movie that well but in the manga she had a few "friends" with whom she had a sort of prostitution business.

jarhead
20-06-06, 17:09
well that suits her down to the ground. im glad she didnt die more brutaly then getting shot. perhaps a pickaze to the head, hacking away maybe, or poisioning real slow. :D

Lenochka
20-06-06, 17:35
I can't remember the movie that well but in the manga she had a few "friends" with whom she had a sort of prostitution business.

oh yeah! she is a was alittle like one prostitute. She slept around and was pimping out other girls or so it seems. One of the girls what was her name... Hirono. in the movie she is yelling at mitsuko. Hirono says " F****** all the boys, but had to steal mine. You were pimping yoshimi, "

jarhead
20-06-06, 17:41
she should of killed her when she had the chance- :D

Lenochka
20-06-06, 17:42
she should of killed her when she had the chance- :D

I know! if she would have died chigusa ( Yellow track suit ) might have made it :(

tombraider123
20-06-06, 17:44
Chigusa definatly should have made it, she was the best :)

jarhead
20-06-06, 18:01
yer, in the second movie - *spoiler*

do the 2 survivors start their won terrorist group, and a choose class have to fight agaianst them??- im kinda confused by it all

Lenochka
20-06-06, 18:08
yeah the second one got horrible reviews...

jarhead
20-06-06, 18:12
oh - well i guess i wont be watching that then. and IUMO the film isnt that gory, ive seen 15 rated films with more gore and horror :o . wonder if people thought that this could happen, hence the ban and the heavy certificate

Lenochka
20-06-06, 18:14
ban? what ban?

jarhead
20-06-06, 18:17
wasnt the film banned?

Lenochka
20-06-06, 18:41
no not banned. just no U.S. movie distributers wanted to lisence it or whatever. this movie came out after the columbine incident. They were afriad that if another school shooting were to take place tehy could blame the movie. kinda like how people blamed GTA for violence. They might do the same because Battle Royale is supposably the first moive in history to have kids killing other kids...

BomBerMan
19-08-06, 08:35
This movie was the best ever movie to be made
I watched it over 5 times already

Gomes
19-08-06, 09:09
I really fear for the future of cinema if this is the kind of thing people are liking.
Tacky indeed, could not exist a better word for it.

jarhead
19-08-06, 09:41
This movie was the best ever movie to be made
I watched it over 5 times already

Hi bomber man- welcome :wve:

yer I loved this movie, something made it enjoyable to watch and im not talking about the excessive violence, how was it gory in any way??

viper456
19-08-06, 10:04
when my friend gets back off holiday i get to see the second one :) cant wait. Its not ment to be as good as the first but i still want to see it!

jarhead
19-08-06, 10:09
when my friend gets back off holiday i get to see the second one :) cant wait. Its not ment to be as good as the first but i still want to see it!

i wanna see the 2nd one, but its not on youtube unless you can speak japanese

Scottlee
19-08-06, 10:20
I want to get the extended version of BR2 but it was 29.99 last time I looked on Amazon :yik:

viper456
19-08-06, 12:40
i wanna see the 2nd one, but its not on youtube unless you can speak japanese

fluently :D lol

nah i can't really

i will just wait :)

its like the only film so far that I have been able to sit and read teh subtitles happily and not lose interest :)!

viper456
19-08-06, 12:40
I want to get the extended version of BR2 but it was 29.99 last time I looked on Amazon :yik:

woooah thats a lot for just one dvd :O

im a bit tight with things like that so I wouldnt be able to buy it lol

Shark_Blade
19-08-06, 12:57
I love this movie and I love the manga too. The drawings are good and there's more character development in it too.Mitsuko is one of my memorable character with her scythe :D

Scottlee
19-08-06, 13:23
woooah thats a lot for just one dvd :O

im a bit tight with things like that so I wouldnt be able to buy it lol

Well I think it's a big 3-disc extravaganza that adds on an extra 20 mins to the original film blah blah, but even so, I'm still going to wait until it drops below 15.

viper456
19-08-06, 14:38
Well I think it's a big 3-disc extravaganza that adds on an extra 20 mins to the original film blah blah, but even so, I'm still going to wait until it drops below 15.

yeah i dont blame you! as cool as it will be its not worth 20 odd lol!

BomBerMan
21-08-06, 14:18
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=lordsquirrle&page=4

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=lordsquirrle&page=3

thats BR 2 on youtube english subbed

enjoy

jarhead
21-08-06, 14:22
thanks bomberman, thanks a lot

so those who survived the previous battle roayle contests have come together anf fight as a team??