PDA

View Full Version : What happens when you break it?

Camera Obscura
19-06-06, 02:13
Just broke a small mirror and I've spent 20 minutes picking up every single visible shard. :hea: Boy was that fun. Then I had to explain to my mom over the phone how I accidently broke her only portable mirror. I was grabbing a cottonswab and my elbos kinda knocked it off the counter top.

What kind of a moron puts a mirror on the edge of the counter top anyways? :rolleyes:

And to add to that I had to place every single shard (again) inside a container, fill it halfway with water, sprinkle some salt on it, and place it outside because my mom is SO superstitious.

Anyways, have any of you ever broken anything, cheap or expensive? What do you do? If it was someone else's, then what did they say?

Angel666
19-06-06, 02:36
I hope they don't notice.

egyptiangal
19-06-06, 02:39
just buy her a new one..it cant be that much hahaha.

xMiSsCrOfTx
19-06-06, 03:37
I've broken many things, mainly belonging to my sister... But I did break my iPod last year, it was devistating. :(

PirateRose
19-06-06, 03:41
haha 7 years bad luck for you!!!

erm....<.< >.> I dropped my ipod in a bucket of water...X.X
just got it a week ago

lucky I have a warrenty... X.X

Olvidarse
19-06-06, 06:11
I've broken two mirrors and have been involved in the deaths of a few pets. ;)

I accidentally dropped my iPod into a dirty puddle, but it came back to life! I'm not sure if it was my doing, but I've returned 5 broken iPods (or six?) back to Apple, all under warranty.

Also...
A cassette player - fell into the ocean.
A small fan - the clip broke.
A furby - it smelt of smoke after overuse.
A tomagochi pet - the little pet inside of the toy died from abuse.

Mad Tony
19-06-06, 06:20

I accidentally dropped my iPod into a dirty puddle, but it came back to life! I'm not sure if it was my doing, but I've returned 5 broken iPods (or six?) back to Apple, all under warranty.

Also...
A cassette player - fell into the ocean.
A small fan - the clip broke.
A furby - it smelt of smoke after overuse.

now that is bad luck! 5 broken ipods!?:eek:

I broke the handle off a hire car's glove compartment door once, it was hilarious!

Jacob x5
19-06-06, 06:24
I say "I broke your [insert broken item here]. Sorry." :D

Melonie Tomb Raider
19-06-06, 06:49
I usually break something at least once every 6 months. The last item I broke was morel ike... 10 months ago though. lol. I don't know the exact date.

Mom had this really pretty wax burner that I knocked over. It was on top of the bathroom sink and when I left the bathroom, I remembred that I left the light on. So I just walked over, swung my arm over to turn it off and just let me arm fall back, and when it did, it knocked over the pretty wax burner! :eek: lol. Mom didn't really mind though, so that was good.

The most fun thing I broke was a glass candlesstick holder though. I was about 15 and had a balloon in the living room. I decided to just start punching and kicking like crazy, so I did! I was being really agressive and everything lol. Well, the balloon got near the candle, and when I swung to hit the balloon, I hit the candlestick holder! It broke before it even hit the ground, I hit it pretty hard. haha! :vlol:

Awww. :(

Forwen
19-06-06, 06:59
I once pulled PS2 off the shelf. Working, with a brand new FFIX copy inside. Of course, being as ambitious as I am I tried to rip the disc tray out and at least rescue my invaluable FFIX copy (which had entirely another story of love and sacrifice behind) and ended up holding a faceplate in my hand. It was too late to go to the city and have it fixed, so I spent one of the scariest nights since I was 8.

Amidala
19-06-06, 07:12
I've broken the glass plate of our kitchen door for I stumbled over the table-leg and directly flew into the glass. It was pretty painful. :(

tombraiderluka
19-06-06, 07:46
I've broken window,well the window isn't mine,but I had to buy it anyway:)

Lone Raider
19-06-06, 08:05
Just broke a small mirror and I've spent 20 minutes picking up every single visible shard. :hea: Boy was that fun. Then I had to explain to my mom over the phone how I accidently broke her only portable mirror. I was grabbing a cottonswab and my elbos kinda knocked it off the counter top.

What kind of a moron puts a mirror on the edge of the counter top anyways? :rolleyes:

And to add to that I had to place every single shard (again) inside a container, fill it halfway with water, sprinkle some salt on it, and place it outside because my mom is SO superstitious.

Anyways, have any of you ever broken anything, cheap or expensive? What do you do? If it was someone else's, then what did they say?

Wow, your mum is really very superstitious, I've never heard of such a boo-hay to get rid of mirror shards.
Round here we say it's seven years bad luck if you break a mirror, but I don't really believe it anyway.

Tomb Raider Master
19-06-06, 08:35
Seven years of bad luck! :p :rolleyes:

I can't remember me breaking anything valuable, only glasses and plates... And some other stuff. :whi: :D

Ampersand
19-06-06, 08:55
I've never broken anything really expensive. Just glasses, plates, Christmas baubles and about half a dozen pairs of specs. :o

EDIT: Oh, and I also snapped a piece off a wooden chair once - one of the little bars that joined the legs together. I think I must have been standing on it or something. :cln:

Angel_14
19-06-06, 08:58
I broke many things: Like glasses, plates, BONES, and AoD CD. :p

Ampersand
19-06-06, 09:03
Bones? Which ones? :eek: I've never broken a bone, but I suppose it's got to happen some time. :D

Angel_14
19-06-06, 09:05
Bones? Which ones? :eek: I've never broken a bone, but I suppose it's got to happen some time. :D

I broke only one. My leg. Kurtis did it, not me :(

Ampersand
19-06-06, 09:06
Ouch. :( You should've sued Kurtis for that. :p

VonCroy360
19-06-06, 09:07
I broke my The Sims 2 CD... :o then I got it on special edition DVD... :p

Angel_14
19-06-06, 09:12
Ouch. :( You should've sued Kurtis for that. :p

I slipped on a picture of him and fell of the stairs. I still had my little sense of humor and said: Love hurts :p

Lara Croft!
19-06-06, 09:23

LMAO!!!!!!!:D :D :D

Now,hasn't done that???I mean,they need much more care than the real animals!!!!

Camera Obscura
19-06-06, 17:23
Wow, your mum is really very superstitious, I've never heard of such a boo-hay to get rid of mirror shards.
Round here we say it's seven years bad luck if you break a mirror, but I don't really believe it anyway.

My mom is superstitious but I'm not. Sometimes I open umbrellas at the door and my mom's like "Don't open that in here!!!!" Last night when I told her about the mirror she was telling me "Get that mirror out of the house! I don't want it anywhere near it! Don't you know it's bad luck!" :rolleyes:

TombRaiderLover
19-06-06, 17:27
I fed my cousin's fish bubble bath once. :o :o

mau3genius
19-06-06, 17:31
The latest accident was with an Antique Flower Pot. It was from mother's :o
I was playing around, and decided to 'blind' myself with a hat :D
I guided myself by the table. An at the edge [who the heck put that there?!] of the table, there was this awful thingie my mother loves. I accidentally touched it and it fell and broke in thousand pieces. Too many to fix it.

Trigger_happy
19-06-06, 19:34
ive broken the odd small thing, such as a plate or glass, but my mum managed to bounce a plate, bowl and glass, on separate occasions, off the ceramic floor in our kitchen. My mum just laughed when she dropped a plate and it hit the floor and remained intact.

Legend of Lara
19-06-06, 19:40
I have broken:
- Glasses
- Drinking glasses
- Sunglasses
- Lots of glass
- Chairs
- A CD
- Mirrors
- Shower-door
- Shower-curtains (okay... ripped)
- My microphone
- Toy guns
- Countless water pistols
- My PC monitor
- My worthless Pokémon card simulator PC game
- Picture frames
- CD players
- DVDs
- Countless other stuff.
:D

Alive_and_Funky
19-06-06, 19:45
I'm not sure if I did it but my Poison Ivy action figure's arm.