PDA

View Full Version : Damn conformist industry...

Elysia
19-06-06, 15:37
My husband has got a job interview (he's just received his Masters Degree in Computer Engineering) and is now threatening to cut his hair. Not just to trim it, but to cut it short... (it's veeeery long right now, and I love it like that... it's not fair! Why should he have to cut it? It doesn't make him a bad person... I HATE the stupid conformist attitude of Industry!)

This makes me very sad. :( I need a hug!

jarhead
19-06-06, 15:39
:hug: - why does he need to cut his hair?

Elysia
19-06-06, 15:41
:hug: - why does he need to cut his hair?
Because it is very, very long and that scares the men in suits - this is the job he really wants to do, and he isn't going to jeopardise it simply because they're scared of a pony tail... :( (I should go along and tell them 'give him this job or else! He cut his hair for this, you know! :p )

:hug:

CerebralAssassin
19-06-06, 19:43
My husband has got a job interview (he's just received his Masters Degree in Computer Engineering) and is now threatening to cut his hair. Not just to trim it, but to cut it short... (it's veeeery long right now, and I love it like that... it's not fair! Why should he have to cut it? It doesn't make him a bad person... I HATE the stupid conformist attitude of Industry!)

This makes me very sad. :( I need a hug!
that's exactly why I changed my mind about working in industry,..now I plan to work as a teacher!!why should I mutilate myself for some ****ers?!?

MiCkiZ88
19-06-06, 19:46
hmm.. Glad I aint plannig any job like that xD

feel srry for ya though :(

Legend of Lara
19-06-06, 19:51
Aww. Here you go. :hug: I'm dorry for your... erm... "loss". :tea:

tr_mitch
19-06-06, 19:53
Dont have it cut really short, you can have it long but stylish...

CerebralAssassin
19-06-06, 19:54
He cut his hair for this, you know! :p )

did he cut it already? :eek:

Paperdoll
19-06-06, 20:18
that's exactly why I changed my mind about working in industry,..now I plan to work as a teacher!!why should I mutilate myself for some ****ers?!?

My philosophy teacher has her hair black during Winter and red(exactly that shade) during the Summer :p so go non-conformist teachers :jmp:

Apofiss
19-06-06, 20:29
Ahw.. :hug: (from the other way this is really stupid to ask a person to cut his hair and because of the job! >< ...short-haired suit standart eh :D ) These stupid prejudices/conformist :(

Elysia
19-06-06, 20:32
My philosophy teacher has her hair black during Winter and red(exactly that shade) during the Summer :p so go non-conformist teachers :jmp:
:D Yay! I like to try to out-goth the girls some days... it's fun!

I just can't believe that it'll all be gone this time tomorrow... bye bye hair *sobs*

(I know it's silly, but I do love hubby's hair. It's all 'Vincent Valentine-esque'!)

Pipolinne
19-06-06, 20:48
It's really ridiculous!Your husband's competence is not related to his hairstyle!The more things like that happen,the more people will think it's highly strange to work with colleagues with a less classic aspect and the more companies will demand employees to adopt a conventional attitude!

Elysia
20-06-06, 15:11
It's really ridiculous!Your husband's competence is not related to his hairstyle!The more things like that happen,the more people will think it's highly strange to work with colleagues with a less classic aspect and the more companies will demand employees to adopt a conventional attitude!
I know... sad thing is, most industry is run by convention-loving morons who think that anything that doesn't fit into their grey little world outlook is obviously bad and not worh bothering with.

Still, it happened. He did it. A good 3 feet of hair, just gone. And it's odd. I have to say - I'm not that impressed. He looks so weird - I mean, I know looks aren't everything, but even so...

:( I hope he gets the job. If he doesn't, I will be on the rampage!

tha_mattster
20-06-06, 15:12
Tell him to wear a turban to work. If they tell him to take it off, sue for religious discrimination. Either way your in the money :jmp: :jmp:

(I get 20% right?)

Rivendell
20-06-06, 15:16
Good plan Mattster!

I was going to opt for a bald wig, but his is better!!

Capt. Murphy
20-06-06, 15:31
No. Long hair has no affect on his abilities. But this company must have these crazy rules for a reason, I'm sure. Maybe it's an image they want to convey. One of neatness. I know quite a few Computer geeks with long hair. And sometimes they're overweight too.:p Not that that has anything to do with this.

Look at it like this: Long hair or Lots of Money... Long hair or Lots of Money.

Hair don't buy [insert your favorite thing here]. :D So....;)

edit: Unless your most favorite thing is your husbands long hair. Then that is a paradox. :cln:

CerebralAssassin
20-06-06, 18:15
yeah...he shouldn't have cut his hair..now he will be hairless AND possibly jobless too..I'm pretty sure he's gonna regret this..if he hasn't already

Alive_and_Funky
20-06-06, 18:16
yeah...he shouldn't have cut his hair..now he will be hairless AND possibly jobless too..I'm pretty sure he's gonna regret this..if he hasn't already

Atleast the hair will be easier to look after, but it still isn't what he wanted.

Elysia
20-06-06, 18:32
*cries* It is done! (Actually, I don't think he's the one that's too bothered... me, on the other hand, well that's a different matter! I lurved his long hair...)

Oh well. 'Tis done now. The reason he had to do it is that nearly all of the jobs he is applying for (due to where we live) have a military connection - he designs prototypes for various hard/software, and most of the expertise down here is utilised by the military (so to get into any decent job, you have to jump through the hoops at first).

Knowing him, it'll be back down to his shoulders by christmas time!! :p

Alive_and_Funky
20-06-06, 18:33
Your husband sounds like a nice guy.

Elysia
20-06-06, 18:36
Your husband sounds like a nice guy.
:D He's a sweetie. A very *nerdy* sweetie, but a sweetie all the same!

CerebralAssassin
20-06-06, 18:47
Knowing him, it'll be back down to his shoulders by christmas time!! :p

wow.that's super fast growth :eek: