PDA

View Full Version : Yet another "recommend me a game" thread

Paperdoll
19-06-06, 17:57
Yess I know... another thread like this but I have particular tastes... :p I really need something to play.
My computer isn't very powerful so very recent games can be crossed off of the list. They also have to be big games.

Games I've enjoyed:

RPG'S: Neverwinter Nights, Diablo 1 and 2
FPS: No One Lives Forever, Half Life
Adventure: Beneath a Steel Sky, Monkey Island games, Grim Fandango, Maniac Mansion, Indiana Jones and The Fate of Atlantis, etc etc
Action (I guess): Tomb Raider :rolleyes: :p, GTA: Vice City, Mafia

So I guess I'm looking for games along the lines of any of the ones I mentioned.

Rivendell
19-06-06, 17:59
Elder Scrolls: Morrowind. The game before Oblivion. It's huge, beautiful, long, doesn't require a great pc and there are SO SO many amazing mods out there!

Alive_and_Funky
19-06-06, 18:00
How about Pokemon? That's an RPG.

Paperdoll
19-06-06, 18:02
I've already heard about Morrowind and that's definitly on my "to buy" list :tmb: but Pokemon? Goodness gracious, look at the games I pointed out... I'd sooner bite my own fingers than play Pokemon :p but thanks for the recommendation though :)

Legend of Lara
19-06-06, 18:03
Psychonauts? :D

tomblover
19-06-06, 18:04
You maybe would appreciate (sp?) Beyond Good & Evil... Unless you've already played it. :o It's a quite big adventure game with a great storyline that is so great so that I forgot I was playing a game! :D Here's the front cover, at least on my version: http://www.playright.dk/covers/240/beyondgoodevil_pc.jpg

tomblover
19-06-06, 18:05
Psychonauts? :D That one is quite fun too! I've played the demo!

Paperdoll
19-06-06, 18:05
Legend of Lara never heard of it... care to elaborate? :D

tomblover I think I have the demo somewhere but I don't think it works on my computer, I'll have to look for the demo.

Alive_and_Funky
19-06-06, 18:07
True Crime: Streets of LA? Shame they had to mess it up by (SPOILER ALERT)putting in zombies, dragons and demons.

tomblover
19-06-06, 18:07
Here's the official Psychonauts Website: http://www.psychonauts.com/

Legend of Lara
19-06-06, 18:09
Psychonauts is an Action/Adventure game where you play as Raz, a young Psychonauts cadet. He learns new psychic powers and gets lots of weapons and enters human's minds. :D

VonCroy360
19-06-06, 18:10
Fahrenheit (aka Indigo Prophecy)
incredible adventure, looks like a movie, a it's not too demanding for your computer...

Click (http://www.gamespot.com/pc/adventure/fahrenheit/index.html?q=fahrenheit)

Paperdoll
19-06-06, 18:16
Thanks for the suggestions :tmb:

Tomb Raider Jay
19-06-06, 19:15
Paperdoll you should try Primal on the PS2 - it's a real hidden gem! :)

It's simmilar to a Buffy and Tomb Raider cross-over

I'd say it's even better than Tomb Raider!

Paperdoll
19-06-06, 19:18
I forgot to say... only PC games... :p I don't own any consoles.

Tomb Raider Jay
19-06-06, 19:36
I forgot to say... only PC games... :p I don't own any consoles.

Oops sorry :)

You should try Broken Sword 3 The Sleeping Dragon on PC!

It's like Tomb Raider and Monkey Island, it's really good! :D

Legend of Lara
19-06-06, 19:44
Broken Sword- Sleeping Dragon is an abomination!!! Slow-paced button-bashing basket of boredom!

Tomb Raider Jay
19-06-06, 19:54
Broken Sword- Sleeping Dragon is an abomination!!! Slow-paced button-bashing basket of boredom!

Maybe for you, but the story and funny characters kept me playing right till the end :p

Btw where is this Playstation 2 Cult lair of yours?

I'm with the Xbox cult and I want to plant a bomb in PS2 lair :cln: he he lol!

Legend of Lara
19-06-06, 19:58
My secret PS cult lair of Titticaca (sorry there mattster) is hidden somewhere in secretsy.

jamieoliver22
19-06-06, 20:42
Well I am currently playing the original Far Cry. It is an amazing game and I recommend you get it. :D

*Holds up his "PC Cult" badge*

Jamie.

Apofiss
19-06-06, 20:46
Half-life 2 and Episode One! It's must play! :ohn:

L.C
19-06-06, 21:18
Have you tried Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine? A bit dated now, but I still enjoy it :)

Ampersand
19-06-06, 21:22
Elder Scrolls: Morrowind. The game before Oblivion. It's huge, beautiful, long, doesn't require a great pc and there are SO SO many amazing mods out there!

Yes! It's such an underrated game, but I love it to bits. :tmb:

Chocobo155
19-06-06, 22:36
*gasps* Omg nobody's recommended and Funal Fantasy games! I suggest you try X on PS2 just to prove how amazingly deep a PS2 game can be, then try the PS1 classics like VII and VIII cos they'll play on your PS2 :)

T.Onix
19-06-06, 23:09
I'll recommend a game:
backgammon