PDA

View Full Version : iPod

Lara Lover
19-06-06, 21:00
Hello guys! :wve:

I was just wondering has anyone got an iPod? I've broken my Creative Zen Micro by dropping it. :( It's so sad. Anyways, I'm thinking of getting it fixed or just to get an iPod?

I was wondering if people could make reviews on their iPods. I'm thinking of getting iPod Nano :)

Thanks in advance! :tmb:

xMiSsCrOfTx
19-06-06, 21:03
DON'T. GET. AN. IPOD.

Omg. Well, the Nano's are okay, mine hasn't had any issues... YET. I had an old 20GB, the battery life SUCKED. It was supposed to last around 6 hours, right? With one charge? I didn't even get an hour and a half out of that piece of crap. Then it broke, wouldn't turn on, I went to the iPod store and the guy showed me how to reset it.

Yeah, that worked. ONCE. Now it's totally dead and I can't fix it. I'm never buying another iPod, seriously. I used to love them, now I see how bad they are.

:mad:

Lenochka
19-06-06, 21:04
I know alot of people with ipods and they work fine. maybe yours was a bad one... i would totaly get a nano and i am getting one next month hehe ^^

Lara Lover
19-06-06, 21:04
DON'T. GET. AN. IPOD.

Omg. Well, the Nano's are okay, mine hasn't had any issues... YET. I had an old 20GB, the battery life SUCKED. It was supposed to last around 6 hours, right? With one charge? I didn't even get an hour and a half out of that piece of crap. Then it broke, wouldn't turn on, I went to the iPod store and the guy showed me how to reset it.

Yeah, that worked. ONCE. Now it's totally dead and I can't fix it. I'm never buying another iPod, seriously. I used to love them, now I see how bad they are.

OK.

Do you have an iPod Nano? :p

If so, What GB is it? :)

scion05
19-06-06, 21:05
my dads got a video ipod and the battery is a bit flat...
BUT! they are GREAT! love it love it love it!

and ... i was thinking about ur mp3 before, while i was thinking about
iPods!

musta been a De Ja Voo!

btw - his is 60gb :p

Rivendell
19-06-06, 21:05
I have a 20gb Creative Zen Sleek.

Works perfectly since October, and looks Shexsay :D

tr_mitch
19-06-06, 21:09
My ipod shuffle screwed me over :( since then... Ipod's are no longer in my life!

Lenochka
19-06-06, 21:10
My ipod shuffle screwed me over :( since then... Ipod's are no longer in my life!

aww there are many more fish in the sea hehe

tr_mitch
19-06-06, 21:11
aww there are many more fish in the sea hehe
Dont i know it ;)

Lara Lover
19-06-06, 21:16
Alssya - Do you have a Nano? What GB do you have? :)

taika
19-06-06, 21:25
iPods are over-rated crap. Believe me, I have one. It broke 5 weeks after I got it. I got it repaired, but still, lots of my friends had issues with theirs too.
They are expensive, and you can get basically the same for cheaper with alternatives. They're always updating iPods with a brand new feature, which makes you annoyed cos your one doesn't have the certain thing... and yea..

Ampersand
19-06-06, 21:27
I don't have an iPod. :p These fashionable things just pass me by. :D

jaroro
19-06-06, 21:33
I had an iPod Mini, it worked quite well I dropped it severel times but no problem it always worked for me and the battery life was great too!
So.. the iPod video came out, and I bought the 30GB. The battery life quite sucks, if you dont change song or anything and just listen to the music it will last like 4-5 hours. But I use it everyday, and its great no problem with it.

The only thing I dunno what to do is to buy the Applecare program for the iPod, you know that battery is going to die sometime and I still have my one year garranty and the program lasts how long, 3 years?? and I get a free battery change.... so I dunno... any opinions??

Tombreaper
19-06-06, 21:45
iPods are over-rated crap. Believe me, I have one. It broke 5 weeks after I got it. I got it repaired, but still, lots of my friends had issues with theirs too.
They are expensive, and you can get basically the same for cheaper with alternatives. They're always updating iPods with a brand new feature, which makes you annoyed cos your one doesn't have the certain thing... and yea..

So true!! It's wasting your money, don't buy it.

Lara Croft!
19-06-06, 22:47
I have shuffle and my brother (not u Tony..LOL) has nano.It's one of my essential accessories!!!!!!!

Olvidarse
19-06-06, 22:55
With any player that has a hard drive (or any other moveable parts) and/or a non-replaceable lithium battery there will be problems. We only hear that iPod is so horrible because iPod dominates the area of hard drive mobile music.

I've had my 20 GB iPod for about 2 years now, but I've returned the device 5 or 6 times due to either hard drive problems (at least twice) and connection problems (at least three times). As of now, I have an iPod that shouldn't be over a year old. However, deceptive to its age, the battery life eeks out about 5 hours. However, it has also fallen a great many times and has even survived a trip in a deep, dirty puddle :D. It should be noted that Apple is great with their warranty, provided you use it correctly.

The only possible reason as to why you would choose iPod over any other manufacturer is the intuitive click-wheel - that's the reason why I bought the iPod. It lacks many features, such as the abillity to record sound, an AM/FM radio, the ability to play a variety of music files, and a replaceable battery.

If you're looking for features, look to Cowon or Creative music players. If you want the interface (or the brand name ;)), you probably won't settle for anything other than an iPod.

Waylander
19-06-06, 23:55
I have a 4GB white Nano with no problems so far.

Angel666
20-06-06, 00:08
I'm getting the 1GB Nano Friday! A few of my friends have nanos and none have had any problems.

DREWY
20-06-06, 00:15
I've just bought a 30Gb video. haven't tried it yet. Thought the 60GB was a waste. I'd never fill it. Bought all the leads and a cover too. Bloody EXPENSIVE though.

Hybrid Soldier
20-06-06, 02:02
DON'T. GET. AN. IPOD.

My g/f has one and i don't know...i was asking her a question about her Ipod (something about the battery), and she was saying usually in order to get at least 6 hours out of it you have to let the battery go down completely, then recharge it.

I hope that made sense but yeah, just thought i'd say. :)

I only have a 256MB Mp3 player. :p
I'm going to save up for a Nano.

Yuyu
20-06-06, 02:23

Cochrane
20-06-06, 05:27
I'm currently on my third iPod. All my others still work fine, they just got to small for my music library. I've always been very happy with all of them. About the battery life: I haven't really tested my newest one (60 GB Video) yet, but the others have always worked well for up to eight hours (low volume, all effects and backlight off). My mother had problems with her first one, though, it's battery just died. Notice that this is only one out of eleven iPods we had so far in our family.

Anyway, about the nano: My mother now has one of these and is very happy with it.

Another point that speaks for iPods is that because they are the ones that sell the most, you can get lots of third-party addons. Cases, portable speaker systems and car integration, few of this is available for anything but iPods, and with an iPod, you have the largest choice if you're interested in something like that.

Mad Tony
20-06-06, 06:07
I've got an ipod mini, I got it just before the Nano became all the craze.

So now I can't find any acceseroies for my ipod mini in the shops and on some websites, but the ipod mini is good though.

Jacob x5
20-06-06, 06:49
iPods really aren't worth getting. As far as I can tell they brake so easily that you could take it out of your pocket and find it knackered. But the most important thing of all: I've listening to a bit of a song on a friend of mine's iPod — the sound quality is dreadful. Of course the main cause of that is those tiny, tiny headphones. :eek:

clairelovestlc
20-06-06, 10:13
I have a 2Gb ipod Nano, in my opinion they are EXTREEMLY over priced, and the Itunes Software is absolutly AWFUL!

I would have prefered a different MP3 player, but i opted for the Ipod, simply because i could connect it to my car stereo (which was the mai nthing i wanted it for), and to be honest, now i cant live with out it!!

If you dont mind paying over the top, they are pretty tough ( concidering its size) and they look cute, and are really compact.

Kiss-Bite
20-06-06, 10:43
I've just bought the 60Gb Video iPod, and whilst I would agree that the pricing is high and that iTunes as software has its flaws in the windows version, it's a great MP3 player with a beautiful interface, great syncing and wonderful playback. Also, there's a lot of support for it everywhere and every accessory that you could want. The video playback, although requiring a limited number of formats, is excellent, and can even be viewed in a comfortable resolution through your television.

The images on screen are pin-sharp and it's a really useful feature, plus the added storage means you can watch whole series of shows on the move. Great for a long journey! So the only negative for me is the price.

Jebus
20-06-06, 13:08
i have a ipod video and its class

viper456
20-06-06, 13:35
my ipod mini is still going strong :D cant even get them anymore..im just old school! LOL

Lara Lover
20-06-06, 15:53
:wve:

I fixed my Creative Zen Micro :tmb:

I read some of these reviews and to be honest, I don't think I'll ever buy an iPod or Apple MP3 Player. I'll be looking for Creative. They're really good! The Creative Zen Vision is the same as an iPod Video and they've got great reviews. So, If I'm ever buying another MP3 player, I'll definately look out for Creative!

Cochrane
20-06-06, 16:04
While there might be good points for this, be aware that there is the risk that convinced iPod users might jump around you, shouting "Haha! You don't have an iPod!". I might just do that. :D

(I don't mean this seriously. But honestly, I still think an iPod is the best one can get)

thompa89
20-06-06, 16:22
i have a 4gb nano and its okay but itunes sucks so i use anapod

tombraider123
20-06-06, 16:49
Zens are definatly better than IPods

Lara Lover
20-06-06, 17:07
The sound quality of a Zen is just WOW! :tmb:

SlinkyRaider
20-06-06, 17:37
I have a blue iPod Mini. No problems for me. Yet. :D

Rickéh
20-06-06, 18:25
I had an iPod Nano black, but i sold it, i never used it really i wasted my money on that thing :(

badboy70
20-06-06, 18:32
i don''t have an iPod, don't wonna buy it. Instead i use my mobile phone as my MP3-player,it's built in :p

ivannnnn
21-06-06, 03:29
iPod??I like it!!!
However it's too expensive:mad:

mtts06
21-06-06, 10:08
oh we're talking about iPods now hmm?

well i have the very OLD SCHOOL iPod (its the really thick model with only black and white text as in NO COLOR and 40gb) i've had it since christmas 2004 and nothing extremely bad has happened
it rarely freezes

as a matter of fact last night i was trying to update my ipod for i had a couple of songs i just downloaded...and like it wouldnt update

it just totally froze

but it still works (its happened before just leave it and it'll turn off)

a few weeks ago i had like this "CD phase" and i would listen to my music from my cd player

the sound quality is so much better on it...but its such a pain constantly switching cds so i stick with the ipod lol

Cochrane
21-06-06, 13:57
2004? 40 GB? That's hardly old school. I have second generation, 10 GB, from the days when Apple used FireWire exclusively and you had to buy different versions of the iPod for Mac and PC. Built in 2002. It still works, but I hardly use it anymore. The funny thing is that it cost about 60 € more than my new 60 GB iPod I just got this friday.